Frenkie de Jong, a Dutch professional footballer, represents Barcelona and the Netherlands national team as a midfielder. Known for his passing, dribbling, technique, strong defensive skills, and attacking prowess, he is a versatile midfielder. He has been ranked as the top midfielder in history. He has been ranked as the top midfielder in history. The top midfielder in history began his career at Willem II in 2015. A year later, he transferred to Ajax for €1. It was a symbolic fee offset by a sell-on clause. At Ajax, he became one of the best young midfielders in Europe, winning the domestic double and reaching the Champions League semi-finals.
As of 2018–19, de Jong won the Eredivisie and KNVB Cup was Eredivisie player of the season and played a substantial role in Ajax’s first Champions League semi-final appearance in 22 years. The Dutchman agreed to join Barcelona in January 2019 and was signed for the club in July for a fee of €75 million. For the first time in five years, De Jong was selected for the 2019 FIFA FIFPro World11. De Jong made his senior international debut for the Netherlands in September 2018. Netherlands finished runners-up in the inaugural UEFA Nations League. He also played in UEFA Euro 2020.
Frenkie de Jong Bio/Wiki
|Birth Name||Frenkie de Jong|
|Nick Name||De Jong|
|Age||25 (as in 2022) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Taurus|
|Born Place||Arkel, Netherlands|
|Date of Birth||12 May 1997|
|Home Town||Arkel, Netherlands|
|Hobbies||Watching Movies, Horse Riding|
|Mother's Name||Marjon Schuchhard-De Bruijn|
|Father's Name||John de Jong|
|Brother(s)||Youri de Jong|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Wife/Spouse||Mikky Kiemeny (to be)|
|Educational Qualification||Not Available|
|Career Manager/ Player Agent||HCM Sports Management|
|Debut Club||• July 2019: FC Barcelona |
• 2016: Jong Ajax
• 2015: AFC Ajax
|Debut International||• 2018: Netherlands national football team|
|Jersey Number||• 21 (FC Barcelona)|
• 21 (Netherlands national football team)
|Current Team(s)||• FC Barcelona|
• Netherlands national football team
|Position||Midfielder - Central Midfield|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 180 cm|
in meters- 1.80 m
in feet inches- 5'11”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 74 kg|
in pounds- 163 lbs
|Chest Size||40 inches|
|Biceps Size||12 inches|
|Waist Size||32 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Dutch|
|Distinctive Features||Not Available|
|Dress Size||8 U.S.|
|Shoe Size||11 U.S.|
|Favorite Playing Position||Midfielder|
|Favorite Food||Fruits and Veg|
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand||Iphone|
In the following WoodGram article, we present the Full Story of a Football Genius who is best known as De Jong.
Frenkie de Jong Biography offers you a detailed account of important events in Frenkie’s life, starting from his childhood to now.
The analysis includes his family background, his life story before fame, his rise to fame story, his personal and professional life, and his relationship with others.
Obviously, everyone knows that he is a versatile player in the midfield. Nevertheless, few consider Frenkie de Jong’s biography, which is quite interesting, by the way. And so, without further ado, let’s begin.
In 1997, Frenkie De long was born on the 12th day of May at Arkel in the Netherlands, the same day that Brazil’s football star Marcelo was born.
Young Frankie was born to a mother who is a professional footballer as well as to John, who is also an amateur football player who played for the first team of ASV Arkel. Furthermore, Frenkie’s grandfather was an amateur footballer, as well as his younger brother, Youri, plays for the Al of ASV.
To the delight of his sport-loving parents, who admired his interest in football, Frankie grew up playing football for the ASV Arkel team of his hometown. He had a wonderful childhood as he grew up.
Whenever I did not have to go to school, I enjoyed playing football in the village with my friends. I found it to be a sport I enjoyed playing when I did not have to go to school.
The fact that Frenkie was good at playing football even at a very young age attracted the attention of well-established academics who wanted to take him away from his local club, a fact revealed by his father in the manner described below:
The Scouts were already at the door when Frenkie was five years old.
As a young blonde-haired boy, the boy was only seven when his father considered him to be of the right age to play proper competitive football.
It was for this reason that Frenkie was taken on trials at Dutch giants Feyenoord and mid-table club Willem II during the year 2004. The football prodigy was successful at both trials and had the freedom to choose which club to join.
Despite being extremely young, Frenkie instinctively chose mid-table club Willem II over Feyenoord. As a result, his family was surprised by the choice, considering the fact that they have been Feyenoord fans for a very long period of time.
However, in the long run, it has proven itself to be a very well-liked product among the Dutch people. When Frenkie was playing in the youth systems of Willem II, he developed traits that became recognizable in his style of play today such as his admirable ability to make the most difficult of things seem remarkably simple.
In the process of progressing through the ranks of the club, the youngster impressed his coaches at each level, including Willem ll’s under-15 coach Jos Bogers, who never ceases to mention the natural talents that passed through his windows.
A young striker who played for the entire youth system of Willem II, Frenkie made his Eredivisie debut during an encounter in which his side defeated ADO Den Haag in a 1-0 home win on the 10th of May.
As a result of his successful debut, several clubs tried to secure his services, including Ajax and PSV. In the summer of 2015, However, Frenkie decided to sign a four-year contract with Ajax and signed the contract in the summer of 2016.
In his time with Ajax, Frenkie was placed with the club’s reserve team, Jong Ajax, where he made a significant impact that led to his promotion to the club’s senior squad in 2016.
Having gained promotion to the senior side, Frenkie helped the team reach the final of the Europa League in 2017. For this effort, Frenkie received the Talen of the Season award in the Jupiter League, among other recognitions. He also achieved a meteoric rise with Ajax under the guidance of Erik ten Hag.
Due to this, Frenkie became sought after by a number of top clubs including Manchester United, Manchester City, Tottenham, Real Madrid, Barcelona, and Paris Saint-Germain which have made bids for his signature. After that, as they say, the rest is history.
It has been years since Frenkie has been in a relationship with his beautiful girlfriend, Mikky Kiemeney. The lovebirds met and began a relationship while Frenkie was still a part of the youth system under Willem II.
Mikky is a sports fanatic who loves to play hockey. During the time of the writing of Frenkie’s biography, both couples lived together in Amsterdam. There are a variety of factors that can make fans want to envy the couple’s relationship, one of which is the fact that they both have the same smile on their faces. They seem like the perfect couple, don’t they?
It wasn’t long before Frenkie fell in love with Barcelona that he met his girlfriend. As a result, the Dutch grey up-and-down loved not only the Spanish side but also its star players at that time as well.
It is of special interest to me that Frenkie is a big fan of Lionel Messi, the current Barcelona star who he dreams of playing with someday.
“I would love to play with Messi, of course. The problem is that he is getting close to 31, so I need to hurry up (laughs). While I was still a very small child, my grandfather gave me a bright green Barcelona kit with Messi’s picture on the back when I was a youngster. It was the shirt I wore until it became too big for me.”
Well, His dream is much closer to becoming a reality than he thinks because Barcelona is attempting to get his signature at the time of writing this post.
There is no doubt that Frenkie is an approachable and humble footballer who never fails to identify with his roots. Despite playing football for Ajax and living in Amsterdam, he is often seen in his hometown twice a week despite living in Amsterdam.
Frenkie de Jong Net Worth
How much does he earn in 2022?
The midfielder signed a contract with FC Barcelona in 2019 in which he will earn a staggering salary of 16 million euros (14.3 million pounds) per year. After crunching the numbers we have found out he earns €43,716 (£39,211) per day and €1,821 (£1,634) per hour!
Salary & Net Worth Updated 2022
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||12 Million Euro (10 Million Pound)|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||Not Available|
|Annual Salary||16 million euros (14.3 million pounds)|
|Per Month Salary||€1,333,333 (£1,159,420)|
|Per Week Salary||€307,692 (£267,559)|
|Per Day Salary||€43,836 (£38,118)|
|Per Hour Salary||€1,825 (£1,587)|
|Per Minute Salary||€30 (£26)|
|Current Contract||With FC Barcelona|
|Contract Signed||Jul 1, 2019|
|Contract Expires||Jun 30, 2026|
|Contract Signing Amount or Transfer Fee||$93.50 Million|
|Market Value||$77.00 Million|
|Highest Market Value||$99.00 Million (Dec 20, 2019)|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
At this point, he is a member of FC Barcelona and he is receiving an enormous salary at this new club. The net worth of this man will grow exponentially over the years since he earns a salary of 16 million per year. It is estimated that he is worth approximately 12 Million Euros (10 Million Pounds) at the moment.
The market value of his property is going through the roof. Apparently, he is proving that he is worth the $93.50 million that Barcelona paid for him. As a matter of fact, some people have suggested that Barça actually paid less than the value of the player. It is estimated that his current market value is approximately $99.00 million.
Frenkie de Jong Stats/ Rating In FIFA 22
The Frenkie de Jong Rating is 87 points. His potential is 92 and he plays the position of center back. Currently, he is 24 years old, from Holland, and plays for FC Barcelona in the Primera División (1) of Spain.
According to Frenchie de Jong, FIFA 22 has 4 Skill moves and 3 Weak Feet, he is Right-footed and his workrates are High/Medium. The player is 180 cm tall and weighs 74 kg. The player’s height is 180 cm and his weight is 74 kg. In the game, he appears to have a real face.
Frenkie de Jong FIFA 22 Stats
Overall Rating In FIFA 22
Potential In FIFA 22
|72||Heading Accuracy||64||FK Accuracy|
|91||Short Passing||88||Long Passing|
Born into Willem II, de Jong played through all the stages of the youth system at the club. De Jong made his Eredivisie debut against ADO Den Haag on 10 May 2015, two days before he turned eighteen years of age. In a 1–0 home win, Terell Ondaan was substituted in the 68th minute for him in the 68th minute.
- Ajax purchased De Jong at the beginning of the season, on 22 August 2015. For a symbolic €1 fee, he signed up for a four-year deal with a 10% sell-on bonus.
- He was loaned back to Willem II from 23 August 2015 until 31 December 2015.
- In this period, he made one substitute appearance against PEC Zwolle in the Eredivisie.
- De Jong was in and out of the first-team squad during his first two years at Ajax.
- De Jong made 15 appearances for Ajax II in the 2015-16 Eerste Divisie after returning to the club in January 2016.
- A three-man midfield, he played primarily in the center and scored two goals.
- The following season, he won the Eerste Divisie’s Talent of the Season award for his performances with Ajax II, for whom he made 31 first-team appearances as a central midfielder and as a defensive midfielder.
- In the 88th minute, he replaced Lasse Schöne for his senior debut against Sparta Rotterdam.
- During the 2016-17 season, he made four senior appearances for Ajax and scored one goal against Go Ahead Eagles.
- Aside from starting one game, he came off the bench thrice and was an unused substitute in 13 games.
- The 2016–17 Europa League also saw him make his European debut, and he made four substitute appearances and three bench appearances. In the final, he came off the bench in the 82nd minute against Manchester United. For the first time in 21 years, Ajax reached a European final.
- As a 20-year-old, he made 26 appearances for the first team. In a back four, he was a center back alongside fellow national teammate Matthijs de Ligt after Davinson Sanchez left.
- He also played in a three-man midfield. In 22 league appearances, he recorded eight assists and was cautioned twice.
- He was injured toward the end of the season, suffering from tendonitis, a syndesmotic ligament tear, and a hairline crack in his calf bone.
- He played two substitute matches in the 2017–18 Champions League qualification, as Ajax lost to Nice on away goals (3–3) in the third qualifying round.
- In the 2018–19 season, he played primarily in the middle of a three-man midfield. De Jong was the Eredivisie player of the month in December (2018) and February (2019), when he completed 354 of 390 passes and recovered 53 balls.
- Rafael Van Der Vaart praised him later that month, saying De Jong was among the best players in Europe with the ball in his hands.
- De Jong achieved success and widespread recognition during the 2018–19 season and led Ajax to their first domestic double (league and cup) since 2001–02.
- Ajax and PSV Eindhoven battled all season in the league, and Ajax finished the last five weeks atop the table.
- In the 2018–19 UEFA Champions League semi-final at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, De Jong had the most touches of any player in the game (87) and an 86.2 percent completion rate of passes. He made 51 appearances overall.
- Ajax reached the semi-finals for the first time since 1997. In the quarterfinals, the team defeated Juventus (3–2 on aggregate) and Real Madrid (5–3 on aggregate). In the semi-final, Ajax lost 2–3 at home and were knocked out by Tottenham Hotspur on away goals.
- He was named to the 2018-19 UEFA Champions League squad of the season and voted the tournament’s midfielder of the year.
- In a statement made on 23 January 2019, La Liga club Barcelona announced the signing of midfielder Frenkie de Jong on a five-year contract to begin on 1 July 2019. The initial fee was €75 million.
- After a transfer discussion with Paris Saint-Germain, Manchester City, and Manchester United, De Jong ultimately chose to sign with Barcelona.
- He made his competitive debut on 16 August 2019, when Athletic Bilbao defeated him 0–1 on the opening day of the league season.
- He played a crucial role in the 2021 Copa del Rey final, a 4–0 victory for the club over Athletic Bilbao, scoring in the 63rd minute and assisting two further goals.
- Throughout his youth career, de Jong has made 22 appearances for the Netherlands Youth setup. On the 10th of July 2015, he made his debut for the Netherlands U19 team against Germany U19.
- On 6 September 2018, de Jong stepped in to replace Georginio Wijnaldum at halftime of a friendly (2–1) victory over Peru in his senior international debut.
- Within fifteen minutes of his debut, Memphis Depay was able to score a goal after he recovered possession high up the pitch and set up the forward.
- A few minutes later, he scored the winning goal, and later on, he had a 100 percent pass completion rate (21 passes) in the opposition half.
- It wasn’t long before he became a regular starter for the Netherlands in the 2018–19 UEFA Nations League and the UEFA Euro 2020 qualifiers.
Facts About Frenkie de Jong
- Having started his professional career as a professional footballer with Willem II in 2015, he was later transferred to Ajax.
- A defensive midfielder for a number of years, he established himself as one of the most successful young players in Europe.
- After his promotion from the youth team, he played in 65 matches as a versatile player, lining up as a central midfielder, a defensive midfielder, and even a center-back at times.
- The versatility of De Jong has contributed to the success of the Ajax squad, which has led the Dutch club into the semi-finals of the UEFA Champions League for the first time since 1996/97. De Jong has been excellent in dribbling and showing agility which has led to the success of the team.
- It was clear from the outset that the Dutchman was going to be the subject of a bidding war during the January 2019 transfer window for his quality, dynamic and astute skills.
- In the Netherlands, Frenkie was born in Arkel, the same city where Marcelo, the star of the Brazilian football team, was also born.
- In the family, both his mother and father were professional footballers, thus growing up in a family with a rich professional background in football, Frenkie received the right training and guidance since he was a youngster.
Who is Frenkie de Jong’s father?
John de Jong
How old is Frenkie Jong?
Who is Frenkie Jong’s girlfriend?
Are Frenkie De Jong and Luuk De Jong related?
Luuk and Frenkie are known as rivals and as partners in the selection led by Ronald Koeman, but they have never met in the same club. ButLuuk’s little brother, Siem de Jong, has played alongside the culé. It was in the Ajax.
A look at Frenkie de Jong’s life story reveals that our career path is not solely dependent on our childhood dreams when it comes to our career path. The fact that kids compelled him to stay in the post against his wishes was an opportunity for him to build himself up.
In our opinion, the parents should be commended for the fact that they have devoted a large part of their money to enrolling Frenkie de Jong in a sports academy. It is true they will be very proud of the fact that he never wasted the opportunity he had to succeed in his endeavors.
Thank you for taking out your precious time to read Woodgram’s version of Frenkie de Jong’s Biography. Our team of writers and researchers care about the accuracy of our content on Dutch Footballers. Please let us know if you spot any wrongs in our article.
On a final note, we would appreciate your feedback (below as a comment) on what you think about Frenkie de Jong, including our biography of him. Now, stay tuned for more Dutch Football Stories from WoodGram.