Dutch footballer Daley Blind is a professional footballer who plays for Ajax and the Netherlands national team as a defensive midfielder, left-back, or center-back. His father Danny Blind is a former Ajax defender and former manager of the Netherlands national football team. Blind made his name at Ajax in the youth ranks, before becoming a regular after a loan move to Groningen. He won four consecutive Eredivisie titles with Ajax.
Having transferred to Manchester United for £13.8 million in September 2014, he was part of the team that won four trophies including the FA Cup, EFL Cup, and UEFA Europa League while there. Blind returned to Ajax in the summer of 2018 where he won his fifth Eredivisie title and won his first-ever KNVB Cup in the club’s first season back. As a full international since 2013, Blind has played 90 times for the Netherlands and was part of the team that finished third at the 2014 FIFA World Cup, as well as at the UEFA Euro 2020.
Daley Blind Bio/Wiki
WoodGram brings you a story that takes a look at the life and career of a football genius known primarily as “Scholletje Junior”. Daley’s Childhood Story with his Biography brings you a complete account of the events from his childhood right up to the present day.
An analysis of the Dutch and former Manchester United footballer includes his life story before fame, his family life, his family connections, as well as other facts about him off the pitch.
It is true that he is known for his versatility. However, there are very few people who know much about Daley Blind’s bio, which is quite interesting. Now, without further ado, let us get started.
Denzel Dumfries Biography, Age, Wife, Parents, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
I would like to begin by telling you that Daley Blind was born on the 9th day of March 1990 in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. He was born to his mother, Yvonne Blind, and to his father, Danny Blind. The story of Daley Blind’s childhood is the story of a young and intelligent boy, who at birth was discovered to be genetically blessed with the gift of exceptional football talent, which he inherited from his father.
Danny, his father, placed him in a school that offered him the opportunity to play competitive soccer during the school’s sports period. It was at the youth academy of his hometown club Ajax that Blind started his career, the same club where his father Danny made his name as a professional footballer.
In spite of the influence his father had on him, Daley stayed steely in his determination to make his dreams come true, and his dreams were not just a passing fancy.
In his words;
My Dad, who is also my best friend, used to take me to all the important games as his personal manager during his playing days. He never bought me any toys or games as I grew older, he just gave me a football. I’m eternally grateful for everything he did for me. Without him, I wouldn’t be on such an unbelievable journey that I am on right now.”
Blind played soccer for AFC (Amsterdamsche Football Club) between the ages of 5 and 8 (1995-1998), which gave him a good foundation to play soccer. During his time at the academy, he bonded well with his youth coach, Edwin Tielman, whom he looked up to as a father figure. Danny decided that in order to keep a close eye on his son, he would enroll him at the Ajax academy where he had been working as a trainer.
There can be no doubt that being the son of Ajax legend Danny Blind and a Dutch legend can be a challenge for any young footballer. The expectations of Daley Blind have always been high, and early on in his career, it seemed that he might have a hard time meeting them.
Sandra Bullock Bio, Age, Husband, Net Worth, Movies & Wiki
As a result of the influence of his father, Blind started a successful career at Ajax and rose through the youth ranks to earn himself a place in the senior team. As a result of this period of his life, his father rose to become a board member of the club.
Blind played as a utility player at left-back, left wing-back, center-back, and defensive midfield during his career. The former Netherlands international captured four consecutive Eredivisie titles with the club.
His dad was later appointed assistant coach of the Netherlands due to strong football connections in his family. As it happens, this coincides with the time Daley Blind won the team player of the year award for Ajax in 2013, which lead to him being called up by Louis van Gaal to the Netherlands national team.
His father’s friend, Louis van Gaal, got the job at Manchester United just a few days before the 2014 World Cup was taking place. It is certain that Blind’s father, who was the United boss’ assistant coach at the World Cup in Brazil, had something to do with his son’s move.
On the 30th of August 2014, exactly one year after the end of the tournament, Manchester United reached an agreement to sign Daley blind. As a result, many of the Ajax players who came later – such as the likes of Sven Botman, Perr Schuurs, Matthijs de Ligt, etc – would always refer to the work of Oaley. After that, as they say, the rest is history.
Football has been a golden tree for millions of youth, a place where they have found refuge and love. Behind every great man, there is a great son, and behind every great son, there is a beautiful, glamorous woman. Blind has been in a long-term relationship with Candy-Rae Fleur, who looks exactly like him.
Candy-Rae is a model and dancer with a solid resume that includes dances with Robin Thicke at the MTV EMAs, as well as her own music videos. She is originally from Amsterdam, and she graduated from Hermann Wesselink College (class of 2007). In her UnkIn profile, she describes herself as currently working as a broadcast media professional.
I’m not sure how long the couple has been together, but they look like they’re seriously in love.
The love of my life gives me great support and I also try to give her the same. As Daley Blind explains, “I’m just a regular guy, a normal couple. I think it can be difficult for Candy-Rae because she’s dating a footballer, and that means getting a lot of attention. I think dating a footballer is not always easy for Candy-Rae.”
In spite of the fact that Candy-Rae Feur usually stays out of the limelight by hiding herself, she has already shown her extroverted side by bringing her dancing crew to support her boyfriend.
There was a new way to show support for Manchester United’s defender by having a face cap called “Team Blind.”. In addition to the ‘Team Blind snapback caps”, the group of brunettes and blondes all had the fashion accessory, which they used to attract the attention and adoration of fans as they entered the stadium.
Danny DeVito Biography, Age, Height, Wife, Children, Movies, Wiki, & Net Worth
It’s no secret that Candy-Rae loves fashion, but she won’t go all dressed up for a match. Her only concern is to make sure she wears something red and, for the purpose of showing national support, something orange. Candy Rae does not like being called a WAG, despite being a football player’s girlfriend. Once she said:
“I am not a WAG, I do not feel like a player’s girlfriend. It is the opposite! He is a dancer’s man!”
Blind is very friendly, and he is constantly in the company of very different people. He is selfless and always willing to help others without expecting anything in return. Daley Blind’s life is characterized by empathy and a strong emotional capacity. Candy-Rae Fleur, his girlfriend, is extremely faithful to him and very compassionate.
Daley Blind comes from an upper-class family. Football is the most important thing in the Blind household. Despite this, the house is not filled with football shirts, as there are more females than males. Please meet the members of the Daley Blind Family.
Yvonne Blind is known for helping her son, Daley, to move to Manchester United. Yvonne Blind’s black page documents an incident in 2006 when she and her husband were both involved in a traffic accident. The other party involved in the accident (the victim) had to be cut from the car and taken to the hospital.
Daley Blind’s grandfather is from Hellevoetsluis. Due to his distinguished career in the power industry, he is a well-known personality in the Dutch province of Zeeland. Daley Blind’s grandmother is from Vlissingse, a municipality in the southwest of the country. When he was a child, he witnessed his uncle’s death in a moped accident.
The name Daley Blind has two amazing sisters: Zola and Frenkie Blind. Their social media shows that Zola is older than her brother and Frenkie is much younger. Zola is also supportive of her brother.
Because of the head of the home, Soccer has remained a family affair for the Blind family. Blind begins his professional career as a right defender. Blind made his professional debut for Sparta on 29 August 1979. Johan Cruijff, the technical director of Ajax, brought Blind to the team in 1986.
During his playing days, Danny Blind won the Champions League (1995), the European Cup II (1987), the UEFA Cup (1992), and the World Cup (1995). During his time in the Dutch league, he played 537 games and scored 45 goals. During his playing days, Danny looked exactly like his son Daley.
Danny managed Eredivisie champions Ajax in 2005, before becoming the manager of the Dutch national team under Louis van Gaal in 2012. Due to poor results, he was fired from his position as assistant coach of the national team in 2017. Danny grew up in East Souburg and played for Sparta Rotterdam, Ajax, and the Dutch national football team.
During his time at Ajax, he became so popular that the board of directors offered him a job as a trainer, and later made him a member of the board. Danny Blind played as a defender for the Netherlands for many years. He is the only Dutch soccer player to have won all international club competitions recognized by both UEFA and FIFA.
Blind is a defensive midfielder who likes to break up play and quickly create new attacks after winning possession. In his role as a left-back, he seems to know when to surge forward and when to stay back. This is due to Blind’s tactical awareness and intelligence.
His strength consists in taking the right action at the right time. It could be argued that Daley Blind is an ineffective defensive midfielder who was not strong physically and was not adept at tackling, especially against powerful strikers.
Observing him, one would conclude that he appears rather weak. His lack of pace may be problematic for him as a full-back.
Daley Blind Net Worth
How much does he earn in 2022?
The center back in July 2018 signed a new contract with Ajax Amsterdam that will see him earn a whopping salary of 2 million euros (1.7 million pounds) per year. Based on the calculations we have done, we can estimate that he earns €5,479.45 (£4,657.53) per day and €228.31 (£194.06) per hour!
During his stay in England, he has seen his net worth rise to approximately 8 million euros. His current market value is approximately $11 million.
Daley Blind In FIFA 22
Daley Blind, a 32-year-old player for Ajax in the Netherlands, plays as a fullback for the club right now. In FIFA 22, he has an overall rating of 81 with a potential rating of 81.
Blind has a rating of 3 stars for skill moves. His preferred foot to shoot with is the left. In terms of workrates, he is Medium/Medium. Our database estimates Blind’s height to be 180 cm and his weight to be 72 kg based on his height. Daley Blind is currently wearing the number 17 in the National Hockey League.
Daley Blind FIFA 22 Stats
Overall Rating In FIFA 22
Potential In FIFA 22
|76||Heading Accuracy||62||FK Accuracy|
|84||Short Passing||85||Long Passing|
Daley Blind in Ajax
- Blind began his career at the youth academy of the club that he grew up supporting, Ajax; the club where his father Danny made his name as a professional footballer.
- He is one of the products of the Ajax youth system, and he has quickly established himself as a mainstay of the A-juniors during the 2007-2008 season, despite the fact that he was a B-junior at the time. As a result, he earned a promotion to the Ajax first team for the 2008-09 season.
- He was a midfielder through all the levels of Ajax’s youth system, often playing as the ‘No.’ 6 or the ‘third center-back role.
- After he showed great promise as a youngster, he was made captain of Jong Ajax in 2007.
- The 18-year-old signed his first professional contract at the age of 17, tying him to the club until the year 2010.
- During the away match against FC Volendam on the 7th of December 2008, Blind made his debut in the Ajax first-team.
- Blind made a big contribution to Ajax’s victory in the game when he forced a corner kick through a Volendam defender, from which Jan Vertonghen scored the winning goal.
- On 19 December 2008, he signed a contract extension that will keep him with Ajax until 30 June 2013.
Loan to Groningen
- He signed for Groningen on loan for the remainder of the 2009–10 season, during the winter transfer window, on 5 January 2010.
- Blind spent most of his time at Groningen as a right-back. Ajax was almost close to selling him on a permanent basis to Groningen for €1.5 million but the deal did not materialize.
Back from a loan spell
- During the following two seasons, Blind contributed to Ajax winning two Eredivisie national championships, for the 2010–11 season, and for the 2011–12 season, the first of which would be Ajax’s 30th national title.
- However, Blind’s performances when given the chance were unconvincing and he was even booed off the field in an Eredivisie game.
- Under newly appointed manager Frank de Boer, Blind was progressively given more and more playing time, which earned him a place as the first choice left-back with a permanent starting position during the 2012–13 season..
- Marc Overmars announced on April 23, 2013, that Ajax and Blind had reached an agreement to extend his contract for three years, tying him to the club until 2016.
- Blind helped Ajax win its third Dutch Eredivisie title in a row on 5 May, marking the club’s 32nd national championship. Blind assisted a 5–0 home victory over Willem II, securing the top position on the table just one match day before the end of the season.
- That same day, Blind was named AFC Ajax Player of the Year for the 2012–13 season after an outstanding fifth season for Ajax at left-back.
- De Boer moved Blind back to his natural defensive midfielder position during the 2013–14 season when Ajax won their fourth consecutive league title.
Daley Blind in Manchester United
- Manchester United agreed to sign Blind, pending a medical agreement of personal terms, on 30 August 2014. A fee of £13.8 million was paid for the transfer on 1 September 2014.
- Thirteen days after signing, Blind played the full 90 minutes as United beat Queens Park Rangers 4–0 at Old Trafford for their first victory of the season.
- His first goal for the club came on 20 October, a 20-yard strike that earned United a 2–2 draw against West Bromwich Albion.
- Blind sustained a knee ligament injury during the Netherlands’ UEFA Euro 2016 qualifier against Latvia on 16 November, which kept him out of the Manchester United team throughout the rest of 2014.
- Blind started in defense in a 1–0 loss to Southampton at Old Trafford on 11 January 2015.
- In a 1–1 draw against West Ham on 8 February, he scored an injury-time equalizer for United.
- Despite playing as a defensive midfielder or left-back throughout the previous season, Blind began the season as a center-back, where he played for most of the season.
- During a 3–1 win over Liverpool at Old Trafford on 12 September 2015, he scored his first goal of the season, also being named man of the match.
- In the 2016–17 Premier League season, he was the first choice center-back alongside Chris Smalling but lost his place after Phil Jones and Marcos Rojo began to impress.
- After returning to the first team he played mostly at left-back, replacing first-choice Luke Shaw.
- In his first goal of the season against Sunderland on Boxing Day, he charged into the box after receiving a pass from Zlatan Ibrahimovic and finished low into the bottom corner.
- Manchester United won 2–0 against his former team Ajax in the Europa League final.
Daley Blind Back to Ajax
- On 17 July 2018, both Manchester United and Ajax announced that Blind would return to Ajax for a four-year deal and €16 million plus conditional add-ons.
- Blind scored his first hat-trick as a center-back in an 8–0 League win over De Graafschap at home on 16 December 2018.
- Blind collapsed during a pre-season friendly in August 2020 and was due for medical tests before returning to training.
- For the 2007 European Championships, Blind was called up to the Netherlands’ under-17 squad.
- His absence from the opening match was due to suspension, but he scored a brace against Iceland in the second match before picking up an ankle injury that ended his participation in the tournament.
- The under-21 team called him up for several 2011 European Championship qualifiers, but he did not play.
- He made his first appearance of the season on 13 October, replacing Ajax teammate Siem de Jong in a 4–0 win away to Poland.
- On 6 February 2013, Blind made his first appearance for the Netherlands senior team against Italy in a friendly match at the Amsterdam Arena, after previous call-ups. With Blind playing the full 90 minutes, the match ended in a 1-1 draw.
- He was selected for the Netherlands squad for the 2014 FIFA World Cup in June 2014. As the Oranje won 5-1 against Spain, he started as left wing-back and assisted goals for Robin van Persie and Arjen Robben.
- During the third-place play-off against Brazil, he scored his first goal for the Netherlands.
Facts About Daley Blind
- Blind mainly plays as a left-back, but he can also play as a center-back or defensive midfielder.
- He represents both Manchester United and the Netherlands national team.
- It is partly because of his superb crossing capabilities that the dutchman is played on the flanks.
- He can hold onto the ball for a long time, allowing his teammates to make runs.
- He is also capable of playing nice passes and excels at long shots.
- Blind’s father is an ex-Ajax player and was also on the Netherlands national team. Daley played for Ajax’s youth team and progressed through the age divisions.
- Ajax’s Blind made his first senior team appearance against FC Volendam on 7 December 2008.
- He made his international debut against Italy on 6 February 2013. The match was drawn by a score of 1-1.
- Blind won the championship title with Ajax in 2011 and 2012, but his contributions weren’t evident until 2013 when he really helped the team to win the championship.
- Blind played in the center of defense during the 2013-14 season. He was named Dutch Footballer of the Year, and he was brilliant in helping his team win their fourth title.
- Following his outstanding performance at Ajax, the Dutchman was signed by Manchester United. Blind scored United’s first Premier League goal against West Bromwich Albion on 20 October 2014.
- Blind became a permanent squad member in 2016-17 after some great performances in the previous season and overall growth. The Dutchman won the Europa League final against his first professional team, Ajax.
- Starting at the under-17 level, Blind moved up to the under-21 level and then made his way up to the senior squad.
- During the 2014 FIFA World Cup, he assisted two goals against Spain as the Netherlands won 5-1. He scored his first goal against Brazil and the Netherlands won 3-0.
Who is Daley Blind’s father?
For how much did United sell Blind?
According to reports, Manchester United has agreed to sell Daley Blind to Ajax for an initial fee of £14 million. According to sources, Blind will rejoin his former side on a four-year contract in a deal that will see United bring in more than the £13.8 million they handed Ajax in 2014.
How tall is Daley Blind?
How old is Daley Blind?
Is Daley Blind left-footed?
Daley Blind preferred foot is Left.
Danny Duncan Net Worth, Earli Life, Career, & Personal Life
A look at Daley Blind’s life story reveals that our career path is not solely dependent on our childhood dreams when it comes to our career path. The fact that kids compelled him to stay in the post against his wishes was an opportunity for him to build himself up.
In our opinion, the parents should be commended for the fact that they have devoted a large part of their money to enrolling Daley Blind in a sports academy. It is true they will be very proud of the fact that he never wasted the opportunity he had to succeed in his endeavors.
Thank you for taking out your precious time to read Woodgram’s version of Daley Blind’s Biography. Our team of writers and researchers care about the accuracy of our content on Dutch Footballers. Please let us know if you spot any wrongs in our article.
On a final note, we would appreciate your feedback (below as a comment) on what you think about Daley Blind, including our biography of him. Now, stay tuned for more Dutch Football Stories from WoodGram.