The Uruguayan professional footballer Facundo Pellistri Rebollo (born 20 December 2001) plays for Premier League club Manchester United and the Uruguay national team. Pellistri came from an Italian-Spanish family in Montevideo. Due to the fact that his father’s grandmother was from A Corua, in Galicia, Pellistri holds a Spanish passport. Pellistri’s godfather is Sebastián Teysera, lead singer of Uruguayan rock band La Vela Puerca. He graduated from a pre-architecture program in September 2019. He played youth football with La Picada and River Plate Montevideo after graduating from Penarol’s youth academy.
In Penarol’s 2–2 draw against Defensor Sporting on 11 August 2019, he made his professional debut. On 6 November 2019, he scored his first goal in a 3–1 win over Cerro. The reported fee for Pellistri’s transfer to Manchester United was almost €10 million. In January 2021, Pellistri signed a loan deal with Deportivo Alavés. For the 2021–22 season, he returned to Alavés on loan. During the 2017 under-16 season, Pellistri made two appearances for the Uruguayan national team. He made his first appearance for the senior team against Venezuela and Paraguay on 7 January 2022.
Facundo Pellistri Bio/Wiki
The table below reveals concise information about Facundo Pellistri. It gives you the ability to read through the Uruguayan footballer profile as fast as possible.[table id=4494 /]
Facundo Pellistri Net Worth
In 2023, what will Facundo Pellistri’s salary be?
In Oct 2020 Facundo Pellistri signed a contract with Manchester United that ends in 2025 that netted him a whopping salary of £1,000,000 per year. We have crunched the numbers, this means he earns £2,747 per day and £114 per hour![table id=4495 /]
His stock is on the rise thanks to his performances on the pitch. Facundo Pellistri has an estimated net worth of around 5 Million euros (4.4 Million Pound), and his market value is about $2.75 million.
Facundo Pellistri FIFA 22 Stats – Potential And Rating
Facundo Pellistri is currently 22 years old and plays wide midfield for Manchester United. In FIFA 22, he has an overall rating of 70 and a potential rating of 86. The skillmoves rating for Pellistri is 3-stars.[table id=4496 /]
He shoots with his right foot most of the time. He has a high/medium work rate. Our database estimates Pellistri’s height at 175 cm and his weight at 69 kg. Facundo Pellistri plays with the numbers 28 and 8 at the moment.
Facundo Pellistri At Penarol
- When Facundo was four years old, he joined a baby soccer club called La Picada. Later, he spent a short time with River Plate in AUFI.
- As a fan of Club Atlético Penarol, he began playing in the training divisions in 2012.
- He spent his first three years at Penarol at AUFI. Starting in 2015, he became part of the institution’s training staff.
- He scored 49 goals in 115 games for Juvenile. His teams included U-14, U-15, U-16, and U-17.
- After beating Defensor Sporting 2-1 in the final of the tournament, Pellistri became Uruguay’s first U-16 champion.
- In the same year, he scored his first classic goal. As the match corresponded to date 4 of the Closing Tournament, he converted the goal that determined the final score (2-1).
- Against Nacional, he played his first official match at Centenario Stadium, a national historical monument.
- After training with the sub-17 squad in 2018, Facundo was called for the first time to train with the main squad of the Carbonaro, directed by Diego López, to prepare for the mid-year preseason in Cologne.
- This was the player’s first experience with the main squad when he was 16 years old.
- Playing 13 games in the reserve team and main squad in 2019, the player alternated between them.
- Lastly, he made his debut in the first division on August 11, 2019. At the Luis Franzini Stadium, he entered after 89 minutes against Defensor Sporting.
- The first play he appeared in managed to arouse the people’s imagination, despite the fact that he had relatively few minutes on the court. There was a 2-2 tie at the end of the match.
- During his time at Club Atlético Penarol, Pellistri wore number 10.
- Since then, Facundo has been included in the main squad more frequently. Against Cerro on November 6, 2019, in the Luis Tróccoli stadium, he scored his first official goal in the first division, a 3-1 victory.
- After his debut, he began to add minutes and quickly won the hearts of Peñarol fans.
- A few months after making his debut, he was chosen as the player of the year by the AUF social networks.
- Also, despite only participating in 50% of matches in the Uruguayan Championship, he was named to the ideal team.
- However, it not only aroused the interest and enthusiasm of the fans. The local revelation caused rumors to circulate among large institutions around the world immediately after it was made.
- A number of institutions would have shown interest in the player, including Boca Juniors, Atlético de Madrid, Arsenal, Barcelona, Real Madrid, and Manchester City.
- Boca Juniors vice president and former player Juan Román Riquelme publicly praised the player, stating that “there aren’t many players like him anymore”.
- Penarol renewed his contract with him until 2022, which included a termination clause of 15 million dollars, making him a millionaire and a historic figure for the company.
Facundo Pellistri Transfer To Manchester United
He signed for Manchester United FC on October 5, 2020, on the last day of the summer transfer market.
He stated the following statements:
I would like to thank Penarol for everything they have done for me. I have learned a lot at Penarol and am grateful for their support. Having the confidence of the manager is an incredible experience, and I know that working together with him will prove beneficial for my development.
In the Paris Saint-Germain FC match away from home on 21 October, he was initially called up but didn’t play.
On January 31, 2021, he was loaned to Deportivo Alavés until the end of the season without playing a game with the first team. He was loaned back to the same team until June 30, 2022, on August 5.
- In 2017, Pellistri made two appearances for the Uruguayan under-16 national team.
- For the World Cup qualifying matches against Paraguay and Venezuela on 7 January 2022, he was called up to the senior team for the first time.
- In a 1–0 away win against Paraguay, he made his full international debut.
Facundo Pellistri Style Of Play
In addition to playing on either flank, Pellistri loves to show off his excellent dribbling skills by taking on opponents.
His excellent close control and devastating turn of pace inevitably draw comparisons to fellow South American Paulo Dybala.
In spite of his small frame, he is capable of holding off defenders and also has an impressive defensive work rate.
Even though United are trying to strengthen their right side of the attack this summer, he would most likely be viewed as a player for the future.
Due to an ankle injury, Pellistri will miss at least a month, the club announced Friday. Pellistri played 21 matches (six starts) with Deportivo Alaves last season before returning to Manchester United.
Facundo Pellistri is playing with number 28 at Manchester United.
Right is his preferred foot.
His height stands at 5′ 9″ or 175 cm.
He is currently 22 years old.
After reading his biography, you will agree with me that Facundo Pellistri worked so hard to achieve success. Even poor kids from the slum can dream big and achieve their dreams thanks to him.
It is important to note that his father and mother were key catalysts in his success story. His career life would not be the same without their contributions. They deserve all the accolades for what they have done.
In addition, his sibling’s and friends’ efforts should not be overlooked. As a result of them, he never experienced loneliness or depression during his childhood. Facundo Pellistri has grown into a cheerful youth as a result of them.
Here Is An Appreciation Note For Your Consideration
Thank you for reading this engaging article about the life journey of the Uruguayan footballer. Hopefully, Facundo Pellistri’s childhood story has made you believe that patience and persistence can overcome anything.
At WoodGram, we strive for fairness and accuracy in our biographies. Feel free to contact us or leave a comment below if you found anything fishy in the article on Facundo Pellistri.