Croatian professional footballer Domagoj Vida (born 29 April 1989) plays as a defender for Super League Greece club AEK Athens and the Croatia national team. While he is capable of playing in any defensive position, he is mostly used as a center-back or right-back. After rising through the Osijek youth system, Vida was first featured with the senior team in the 2006–07 season, at the age of 17; he went on to make 12 appearances in that season.
Vida was featured more frequently for his club during the 2007-08 season. Croatian champions Dinamo Zagreb were linked with him. In addition to being born in NaSice, Domagoj Vida grew up in Donji Miholjac as the son of Zeljka Ursanić and former footballer Rudika Vida. In 2015, Vida and his fiancee Ivana Gugić welcomed their first child, a baby boy named David (nicknamed “Vidinha” in Brazil). Vida and Gugić were married in Umag in June 2017.
Domagoj Vida Bio/Wiki
The table below reveals concise information about Domagoj Vida. It gives you the ability to read through the Croatian footballer profile as fast as possible.
Domagoj Vida Net Worth
In 2022, what will Domagoj Vida’s salary be?
In Jul 2022 Domagoj Vida signed a contract with AEK Athens that ends in 2024 that netting him a whopping salary of £883,385 per year. We have crunched the numbers, this means he earns £2,427 per day and £101 per hour!
Salary & Net Worth Updated 2022
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$4 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||Not Available|
|Annual or Per Year Salary||£883,385|
|Per Month Salary||£73,615|
|Per Week Salary||£16,988|
|Per Day Salary||£2,427|
|Per Hour Salary||£101|
|Per Minute Salary||£1.7|
|Current Contract||With AEK Athens|
|Contract Signed/Extension||Jul 31, 2022|
|Contract Expires||Jun 30, 2024|
|Contract Signing Amount or Transfer Fee||$2.09 Million|
|Market Value||$2.09 Million|
|Highest Market Value||$13.20 Million (Jul 16, 2018)|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
|Cars Collection||Not Available|
His stock is on the rise thanks to his performances on the pitch. Domagoj Vida has an estimated net worth of around $4 Million, and his market value is about $2.09 million.
Domagoj Vida FIFA 22 Stats – Potential And Rating
The 33-year-old Domagoj plays as a Centre Back for Super League Greece club AEK Athens. In FIFA 22, he has an overall rating of 77 with a potential rating of 77. Vida has been rated two stars for skillmoves.
Domagoj Vida FIFA 22 Stats
Overall Rating In FIFA 22
Potential In FIFA 22
|79||Heading Accuracy||35||FK Accuracy|
|62||Short Passing||60||Long Passing|
|81||Defensive Awareness||78||Sliding Tackle|
His right foot is his preferred shooting foot. He works at a medium/high rate. According to our database, Vida weighs 76 kg and stands 184 cm tall. Domagoj Vida plays the number 21 at the moment.
Tomasz Kedziora Biography, Age, Wife, Parents, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
- Vida signed with German Bundesliga side Bayer Leverkusen on 29 April 2010.
- Domagoj Vida made eight UEFA Europa League appearances during his one season at the club.
- Manuel Friedrich didn’t make his Bundesliga debut until 5 March 2011, when he came on as a substitute in the 14th minute of a 3–0 win against VfL Wolfsburg.
- His only appearance in the league was this one.
- A fee of an undisclosed amount was announced for Vida’s move to Dinamo Zagreb on 14 June 2011.
- Dinamo Zagreb lost 7-1 to Lyon in the Champions League group stage in December 2011, allowing Lyon to progress to the last 16 at the expense of Ajax, who lost 3–0 to Real Madrid.
- UEFA decided not to take action after media coverage alleging match-fixing and showing Vida winking after Lyon’s fifth goal.
- Domagoj Vida scored in the 98th minute against Bulgarian side Ludogorets Razgrad in a UEFA Champions League match on 25 July 2012, enabling his team to advance to the next round of the competition.
- As the team traveled to a cup match on 24 September 2012, he opened a beer in the team bus and was thrown out.
- Additionally, he had several conflicts with Dinamo’s head coach Ante Čačić prior to this incident.
- A record fine of €100,000 was announced the following day.
Fyodor Smolov Biography, Age, Fiance, Transfer, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Domagoj Vida At Dynamo Kyiv
- Vida signed a five-year contract with the Ukrainian club Dynamo Kyiv on 2 January 2013, for a reported transfer fee of €6 million.
- On 14 February, he made his Dynamo debut against Bordeaux in the Europa League.
- In the second leg a week later, he failed to help Dynamo advance to the round of 16 as they lost 0–1.
- Domagoj Vida made his Ukrainian Premier League debut against Kryvbas Kryvyi Rih on 3 March.
- Against Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk and Metalist Kharkiv, Dynamo’s 1–1 draw at homemade qualifying for the Champions League was much harder.
- Against Volyn Lutsk on 10 March, Vida played his second league match for Dynamo; the match ended 2–0 and was Dynamo’s first win in 2013.
- During that match, Oleh Blokhin used Vida for the first time as a central defender, partnering with Yevhen Khacheridi, as he had played as a right defender in his first three games for Dynamo.
- Vida scored the first goal for Dynamo with a header after Andriy Yarmolenko took a corner kick. He had already bypassed Pavlo Rebenok and goalkeeper Serhiy Dolhanskyi. Dynamo won 1–0 with that goal.
- Dynamo Kyiv won its first Ukrainian Premier League title in six years on 17 May 2015 when Vida scored the winning goal against Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk.
- Vida signed a four-and-a-half-year contract with Beşiktaş on 3 January 2018.
- In a 2–1 away win over Antalyaspor on 21 February 2018, Vida made his Beşiktaş debut.
- Vida was sent off 16 minutes into his club’s UEFA Champions League round of 16 matches against Bayern Munich after he fouled Robert Lewandowski. The match ended in a 5–0 loss for Besiktas.
Domagoj Vida Transfer To AEK Athens
Vida signed for Greek club AEK Athens on 31 July 2022.
Damian Szymanski Biography, Age, Wife, Transfer, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
- Vida was an active member of Croatia’s under-21 national team.
- In the 80th minute of Croatia’s 2–0 win against Wales in Osijek, he made his full international debut as a substitute for Darijo Srna.
- In a goalless draw with Estonia three days later, he played the full 90 minutes.
- During 2011, he played for Croatia in four UEFA Euro 2012 qualifiers, including both play-off matches against Turkey, which secured their place in the final.
- Croatia lost 1–0 to Spain in their final group match, resulting in Croatia’s elimination from the finals.
- The Jeonju World Cup Stadium in Jeonju hosted a friendly match between Uruguay and South Korea on 10 September 2013, in which Vida scored his first goal for the national side.
- Despite being a member of the Croatian squad at the 2014 FIFA World Cup tournament in Brazil, Vida was not used as a substitute.
- He made nine appearances during the UEFA Euro 2016 qualifying and three at the finals, where the team was eliminated by Portugal.
- Vida scored the only goal in a 1–0 victory over Kosovo on 3 September 2017.
- A final 23-man Croatian World Cup squad was announced in June 2018.
- He scored a header in extra time to give his side a 2–1 lead against hosts Russia.
- Vida converted his spot kick in the penalty shootout to help his team advance.
- After setting up Croatia’s first goal with a free kick from Luka Modri, he won a runners-up medal after France defeated Croatia 4–2.
- In a 2–1 friendly win over Jordan on 15 October 2018, he captained the national team for the first time.
- In a friendly 3–3 draw with Turkey on 11 November 2020, he captained the national team once again.
- He was left to self-isolate in Istanbul after testing positive for COVID-19 after the game.
Marko Livaja Biography, Transfer, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
In celebration of Croatia’s World Cup victory over Russia, Vida and Ognjen Vukojevi shouted “Glory to Ukraine!”, one of the country’s most well-known slogans.
Political, nationalist, and racist slogans are prohibited by FIFA’s disciplinary code. Later, Vida said: “I like Russian people. It was just a joke.”
In Croatian, Vida was recorded saying “Belgrade is burning!” after Croatia defeated 2018 World Cup hosts Russia in the quarterfinals.
Later, it was discovered Belgrade was the name of the Kyiv tavern they hung out in.
How old is Domagoj Vida?
Domagoj Vida is 33 years old.
How tall is Domagoj Vida?
Domagoj Vida is 184 cm tall. Or 6 ft 0 in.
Which is Domagoj Vida’s preferred foot?
Domagoj Vida’s preferred foot is right.
Where is Domagoj Vida from?
Domagoj Vida is from Croatia.
Nikola Moro Biography, Family, Age, Career, FIFA 22, Net Worth & Wiki
After reading his biography, you will agree with me that Domagoj Vida worked so hard to achieve success. Even poor kids from the slum can dream big and achieve their dreams thanks to him.
It is important to note that his father and mother were key catalysts in his success story. His career life would not be the same without their contributions. They deserve all the accolades for what they have done.
In addition, his sibling’s and friend’s efforts should not be overlooked. As a result of them, he never experienced loneliness or depression during his childhood. Domagoj Vida has grown into a cheerful youth as a result of them.
Here Is An Appreciation Note For Your Consideration
Thank you for reading this engaging article about the life journey of the Croatian footballer. Hopefully, Domagoj Vida’s childhood story has made you believe that patience and persistence can overcome anything.
At WoodGram, we strive for fairness and accuracy in our biographies. Feel free to contact us or leave a comment below if you found anything fishy in the article on Domagoj Vida.