The American actor Darren Barnet, born Darren Charles Barnet (born April 27, 1991), is a popular figure in the entertainment industry. After appearing in the second season of the television series ‘Never Have I Ever,’ he gained a great deal of popularity. Moreover, he appeared in the first season of the series as well. It is Darren Barnet who plays Paxton Hall-Yoshida in the Netflix series Never Have I Ever. A popular student at Sherman Oaks High School, Paxton has a crush on Devi and Darren describes him as “an aloof jock with a heart of gold and layers you might not see on the surface”. He has also appeared in more than 20 films and television programs.
Born and raised in Los Angeles, California, he continues to reside there for the purposes of his acting career. Japanese, French, and Spanish, as well as English, is his languages. He belongs to the Japanese-American ethnicity. At the present time, he is in a relationship with Iranian-Italian actress Mikeaela Hoover. Darren Barnet confirmed in July 2021 that he is dating Iranian-Italian actress Mikaela Hoover. By sharing a cute photo of the two of them with the caption: “Happy birthday, love. Today is for you.”, he wished her a happy birthday.
Darren Barnet can be followed on Instagram via the username @darrenbarnet, which has over three million followers. You can also follow him on Twitter at @BarnetDarren, which has over 29k followers, but he does not use it frequently. With his breakthrough role in “Never Have I Ever” on Netflix, Darren Barnet is rapidly gaining a significant fan base. His good looks, talent, and charm have made him a favorite among fans. Here is a brief introduction to Darren Barnet.
Darren Barnet Bio/Wiki
The table below reveals concise information about Darren Barnet. It allows you to read through the famous actor’s profile as quickly as possible.
[table id=5547 /]
Darren Barnet Family- Parents, Siblings, And Education
Darren Charles Barnet was born on April 27, 1991, in Los Angeles. Among his parents is his mother Deborah Barnet who is of Swedish and Japanese descent, and his father late Charles Daly Barnet, Jr. who is of German and Cherokee descent. Barnet’s grandfather Charlie Barnet, was an American jazz saxophonist, bandleader, and author.
He has an elder sister named Jennifer Barnet. He also has a younger sister named Emily Breidy after his mother’s second marriage with Hady J Breidy.
Barnet and his mother moved to the suburbs of Orlando, Florida, when he was 12 years old. He graduated from Dr. Phillips High School in 2009, where he served as captain of the lacrosse team. In 2013, he graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree from Berry College where he performed in plays and short films.
Despite wanting to be an actor since he was five years old, he did not seriously pursue acting until he entered college. In addition to speaking Japanese and conversational Spanish, he has studied French as well.
Darren Barnet Relationships – Is He Married?
From his list of television shows and films, it is easy to recognize Darren Barnet’s face. He has played a major role in the show Never Have I Ever since 2020. According to the Netflix original hit, the story revolves around an Indian-American teenage girl who wishes to become more popular on her college campus. In the role of Darren, he portrays one of the most attractive teenage men on campus.
At the beginning of the show, he seems totally unattainable. In the end, he begins dating the girl who has been crushing on him for a long time. As of 2022, is he dating anyone in real life? According to reports, he may be involved with an actress from one of his roles outside of Never Have I Ever. Here are the details.
Who Is Darren Barnet Dating? Current Details About His Love Life.
Aside from Never Have I Ever, Darren has also appeared in a Netflix movie called Love Hard that premiered in 2021 (among other roles). He recently had a romantic relationship with one of his co-stars from that movie. No, we are not referring to Nina Dobrev!
Mikaela Hoover played the leading role of Chelsea, a bombshell beauty. The start date of Mikaela and Darren’s relationship is unclear, according to Women’s Health. When they became Instagram officials in April 2021, the world learned that they were romantically involved. Although they did not reveal when they first crossed paths or made their relationship official. They did not provide any details about when they first met.
A few months later, in August 2021, they appeared together on the red carpet for the premiere of The Suicide Squad, demonstrating how comfortable they were together. To put it another way, they were inundated with affection and PDA.
According to Pop Sugar, Darren is actually single at the moment, which means that some people believe that Mikaela and Darren have ended their relationship. It is interesting to note that they haven’t posted any pictures together since October 2021. if they actually broke up they did not make any announcements about it.
Who Did Darren Barnet Date Before Mikaela Hoover?
Prior to his relationship with Mikaela, Darren was involved with two other young women. He was linked to an actress and model named Ali Rose between April 2018 and March 2019. The couple enjoyed sharing pictures of their heated romance on social media throughout their relationship.
Despite the fact that their relationship did not last, Ali still has several pictures of herself with Darren posted on her Instagram account. It was between November 2014 and January 2017 that Darren was dating Cassie Maynard. If you scroll down far enough on his Instagram account, you will notice that he still has pictures of Cassie. The cause of their separation is unknown once again.
Darren would be living a single life if he were to end his relationship with Mikaela. Recently, he has posted promotional images for Never Have I Ever, as well as announcements about his budding acting career. Darren also knows how to pose for photos in proper male model form for his followers to admire.
Darren Barnet Net Worth
Darren Barnet is estimated to have a net worth of around $650k as of 2023.
[table id=5548 /]
A person’s net worth can be very difficult to determine, but according to sources online, Darren Barnet is estimated to have a net worth of approximately $500k as of 2022.
There was no difference in salary tier for Barnet and Lewison. These two male leads are involved in a love triangle with Ramakrishnan’s Devi during seasons one and two. They earn $25,000 per episode and $26,250 per episode, respectively. (Neither of them received a bonus.)
According to sources, Universal TV is negotiating with Jagannathan and Ramakrishnan on the top tier. While Barnet, Lewison, Moorjani, Rodriguez, and Young are on the second tier, with offers for the latter five coming at $65,000 per episode.
A reduction in season three’s episode order from 10 to eight episodes resulted in their salaries clocking north of $80,000 per episode.
Darren Barnet Career – Movies And TV Shows
- As soon as Barnet graduated in 2013, he moved to Los Angeles to pursue his career as an actor. In addition to his work as a bike attendant and associate at SoulCycle on Sunset Boulevard, he also worked at the front desk.
- In May 2015, he obtained his California real estate license. As an actor, he made his debut in 2017.
- In 2017, Barnet appeared in episodes of the television shows This Is Us, S.W.A.T., and Criminal Minds.
- In 2018, Barnet starred in the Facebook Watch limited streaming television series Turnt, which was produced by Brat Productions. The same year, he made his film debut with a supporting role in the Lifetime original television movie Instakiller.
- During the year 2019, Barnet appeared in an episode of the Netflix sitcom Family Reunion.
- In April 2020, Barnet started starring in the Netflix teen comedy-drama Never Have I Ever as Paxton Hall-Yoshida, the crush of Maitreyi Ramakrishnan’s Devi Vishwakumar.
- The series has been viewed by 40 million households worldwide since its release, with both Never Have I Ever and Barnet’s performance getting good reviews.
- During the seventh season of ABC and Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., he played Wilfred Malick in a brief appearance. In the following year, Barnet starred in the direct-to-video sex comedy American Pie Presents: Girls’ Rules produced by Universal Pictures.
- In 2021, Barnet starred in the horror comedy movie Untitled Horror Movie alongside an ensemble cast. It was released on Prime Video, iTunes, and Vudu and was well received by critics and audiences alike, with praise for the performances of the actors.
- In July 2021, he will reprise his role as Paxton Hall-Yoshida in Netflix’s Never Have I Ever, season two. Barnet’s performance and the season were well-received.
- In November 2021, Barnet co-starred with Nina Dobrev and Jimmy O. Yang in the Netflix romantic comedy Love Hard.
- He became the first male brand ambassador for Victoria’s Secret PINK, and the brand’s “Gender Free” collection, in April 2022. In the following month, he appeared as Yuichi Usagi in Netflix’s CGI-animated action-comedy series Samurai Rabbit: The Usagi Chronicles.
- The third season of Never Have I Ever was produced by Barnet. Principal photography began towards the end of November 2021 and ended in late February 2022. The series premiered on Netflix on August 12, 2022.
The film, titled Apophenia, will see Barnet starring alongside Timothy V. Murphy, Bailey Noble, Zac Weinstein, and Yasmin Wijnaldum and serving as a producer on Michael Leo DeAngelo’s direction.
Aside from his acting role in Blue Eye Samurai, Barnet will also voice a series regular in Netflix’s upcoming action-adventure anime series. This will also star Maya Erskine, George Takei, Masi Oka, Randall Park, Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa, and Brenda Song.
The fourth season of Never Have I Ever will feature Barnet.
[table id=5546 /]
Facts About Darren Barnet
- Does Darren Barnet smoke? No, not at all
- Does Darren Barnet drink alcohol? No, not at all
- Darren has revealed in a recent interview that he most closely relates to Devi and spent the majority of his time in high school focused on his education. “My schedule consisted of getting up at 7 in the morning, attending school all day, attending the practice for whatever sport I was playing, coming home, doing homework until midnight, and going to bed. I didn’t go to any parties or drink alcohol, and I was not like any of the characters in the show.”
- His mother was very supportive of his efforts to complete his education and obtain a good job. It was a very proud moment for her that Darren became the first member of her family to graduate from college.
- At first, his mother was skeptical of his decision to pursue acting but now plays an important role in motivating him to continue to work hard. The turning point in her career was when Darren received “no” hundreds of times but continued to audition, often skipping lunch breaks to do so. This was not just a phase or a means to become famous; he was truly dedicated to pursuing a career in acting.
- In the early days of his acting career, Darren did not rely heavily on his Japanese heritage. As he was speaking in Japanese with the assistant director at the time, whom he describes as his fairy godmother, the team decided to create Paxton Hall-Yoshida as a character more representative of his real-life persona.
- In Darren’s opinion, being multiracial means that you do not always have a box to fit into because your appearance may not always disclose your ethnicity. “The lack of a box is a whole box in itself, and I am proud to perhaps give voice to that.” He added, “I am inspired to learn about so many different cultures. It’s really cool to have so many things to draw inspiration from when I am forming my identity.”
- In spite of the fact that Darren’s multiracial identity has never made him feel less than others, it left him in a state of feeling boxless as he grew up. In his role as Paxton Hall-Yoshida, however, he has been able to showcase his unique identity and inspire others to realize that being boxless is itself a box. As a result, he has gained experience working on animations based on Japanese and samurai culture and has even been able to speak Japanese in some of them.
- The actor is also Victoria’s Secret Pink’s first celebrity male brand ambassador, promoting their Gender Free collection as the company strives to become more diverse and inclusive. The purpose of this collaboration is to support the brand’s mental health and purpose-driven initiatives. Paxton Hall-Yoshida’s role as Paxton Hall-Yoshida has given him a great deal of confidence in his personal life, which he hopes to instill in others as well.
It is none other than his co-star Mikaela Hoover from Love Hard. Although it is unclear when the couple began dating, Mikaela shared a Polaroid photo of the couple on Instagram for Darren’s birthday back in April 2021. The Suicide Squad actress captioned the photo, “You make me smile.” But it is also important to know that both of them never officially spoke about their relationship.
He is able to speak 3 languages. Barnet speaks Japanese and French, as well as English – and also a little Spanish, or we can say conversational Spanish.
In Riverdale, Darren auditioned for the role of Jughead Jones. Barnet revealed that he auditioned for Cole Sprouse’s role in Netflix’s hit mystery drama during a virtual game of impressions.
Japanese-American actor Darren Barnet was originally cast as Paxton, but his character was not Japanese. His character was altered to be mixed-Japanese after he was overheard speaking Japanese on set.
After writing the biography, I felt a lot calmer after hearing about Darren’s experiences growing up as a multiracial child. His struggles beginning his acting career, and the advice his mother offered him to succeed.
As a student, he was just focused on his education and was not the confident, suave Darren we see today. He isn’t as intimidating as he appears.
After seeing Darren embraces his Asian heritage and his connection to his mother, he will be very lucky who raised by an Asian mother.
An Appreciation Note For Your Consideration
Thank you for reading this engaging article about the life journey of Darren Barnet. Hopefully, Darren Barnet’s biography has made you believe patience and persistence can overcome anything.
At WoodGram, we strive for fairness and accuracy in our biographies. Feel free to contact us or leave a comment below if you found anything fishy in the article on Darren Barnet.