Daniel “Dani” Carvajal Ramos (born 11 January 1992) is a Spanish professional footballer who plays as a right-back for both Real Madrid and the Spanish national team. There is no doubt that he is one of the best right-backs of his generation. Following his rise through the Real Madrid youth ranks, he spent a season with Bayer Leverkusen before returning to the Spanish giants.
Since breaking into the first team in 2013, he has gone on to win 16 major trophies at Real Madrid, such as five European Champions League trophies, three La Liga titles, and one Copa del Rey trophy. Carvajal won the 2011 European Championship with the under-19 team and the 2013 edition with the under-21 side while representing his country at the youth international level. It was in 2014 that he made his senior debut, representing the nation at the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
Dani Carvajal Bio/Wiki
|Birth Name||Daniel Carvajal Ramos|
|Nick Name||Kiwi Head|
|Age||30 (as in 2022) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Capricorn|
|Born Place||Leganés, Spain|
|Date of Birth||11 January 1992|
|Home Town||Leganés, Spain|
|Hobbies||Watching Movies, Horse Riding, Swimming|
|Mother's Name||Lola Ramos|
|Father's Name||Mariano Carvajal|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Educational Qualification||Not Available|
|Career Manager/ Player Agent||Ginés Carvajal|
|Debut Club||• 2013: Real Madrid CF |
• 2012: Bayer 04 Leverkusen
|Debut International||• 2014: Spain national football team|
|Jersey Number||• 2 (Real Madrid CF)|
• 20 (Spain national football team)
|Current Team(s)||• Real Madrid CF|
• Spain national football team
|Position||Defender - Right-Back|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm|
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet inches- 5'8”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 73 kg|
in pounds- 162 lbs
|Chest Size||38 inches|
|Biceps Size||14 inches|
|Waist Size||31 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Spanish|
|Hair Color||Dark brown|
|Eye Color||Dark brown|
|Distinctive Features||Not Available|
|Dress Size||8 U.S.|
|Shoe Size||10 U.S.|
|Favorite Playing Position||Defender|
|Favorite Food||Fruits and Veg|
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand||Iphone|
WoodGram presents the full story of an incredible football genius best known by his nickname, ‘Kiwi Head’.
Dani Carvajal’s Biography provides you with a detailed account of notable events from the time of his childhood up until the present time.
It is a detailed analysis of his life story prior to fame, his family life, and many OFF-Pitch facts about him (which are little known).
Yes, everyone knows about his beardy looks and his tactical intelligence at right back.
In spite of this, only a handful of fans know much about Dani Carvajal’s biography, which is quite interesting. Without further ado, let’s talk about Dani Carvajal’s biography.
Life in the early years and family background
Daniel “Dani” Carvajal Ramos was born on the 11th day of January 1992 to his mother, Lola Ramos, and father, Mariano Carvajal, at the house of Lola Ramos in Leganés, Central Spain. Daniel was born of pure Spanish descent and is a Madrid-born son.
Originally from the Leganés suburb of Madrid, he grew up with his sister, Patricia Carvajal. In the days when Dani was a baby, his parents would swaddle him close to them and take him to the Santiago Bernabeu to watch matches.
It was the joy of celebrating his goals that the father would lift him up onto their shoulders again. This was how he first fell in love with the game.
First and foremost, Dani got a deep and lasting love for football and Real Madrid, which was his favorite club when he was a child.
In addition to playing football with friends at school and on local pitches, Dani is also an avid football player.
As a result of his parents’ passion for football, they enrolled their only son on the roster of the Real Madrid youth team, which was an excellent opportunity for him to develop his skills. The picture on the table shows little Dani in a Real Madrid Academy shirt.
The Rise to Fame of Daniel Carvajal
As a 10-year-old, he joined the Real Madrid youth system, and as time passed by, he climbed and walked his way through the ranks.
A memorable moment in his life was when he received an award at the opening ceremony of the Real Madrid training grounds in Valdebabas.
Alfredo di Stefano, one of the best players in the history of the game, presented a gift to Dani Carvajal in recognition of all those hours he spent being his team’s best player.
The young Dani continued to progress through the ranks of the team until he made it to Real Madrid Castilla (Real Madrid’s reserve team) in 2010, where he was the team’s captain.
Dani played 38 senior games for the Real Madrid B team, helping them return to Segunda División after a five-year absence.
As with Juan Mata before him, Dani was unable to break into the Real Madrid first team due to his inability to progress and break into the team.
The Real Madrid junior team captain was sold to Leverkusen with a relatively cheap buy-back clause. To Real Madrid’s surprise, Carvajal’s career flourished while he was at Leverkusen.
Daniel helped Bayer finish third in the Bundesliga, just one point behind second-placed Dortmund.
He was voted one of the best right-backs in the league at the end of the season. The Spanish giants were jealous and wanted their men back.
Dani’s efforts were not unnoticed by other European clubs. Following the reopening of the transfer window, Madrid quickly bought back their promising youth players.
Dani Carvajal was overjoyed to be reunited with the club of his dreams upon returning to the Spanish capital.
The talent told the press that he was “the happiest man in the world” during his introductory press conference. And the rest, as they say, is history.
Dani Carvajal Girlfriend or Wife
On the occasion of Valentine’s Day 2020, according to reports, the Leganes – Spain native proposed to his sweetheart a big diamond ring. Not to mention, Daphne also proudly showed off her presumed engagement ring on 14 February 2020 as well.
Daphne and Dani’s engagement news, however, was a secret affair and has not been confirmed by the couple. As with the football right back, he shares a son with his partner Daphne Canizares. The couple welcomed their first child Bienvenido Martin on 7 December 2020.
In a recent media report, it was reported that Dani Carvajal and Daphne Canizares got married on June 24, 2022, in Segovia, Spain.
Past Love Stories of Daniel Carvajal
Getting too involved in soccer was not enough to build walls around the heart of Dani Carvajal. Dani started to feel the gravity of falling in love during his days at Real Madrid Castilla.
Throughout his youth, Martha had been by his side. When he moved to Germany for a year, she was the one who supported him.
Distance, unfortunately, damaged their relationship, as Morales was still in school at the time and could abandon her studies to constantly be with her man.
Prior to his return to Real Madrid, both lovers decided to part ways.
Marta Garcia Pavon’s Love Story
The first half of 2014 saw Dani begin a short relationship (a few weeks) with another woman named Marta Garcia Pavon. She gave him solace away from his troubled emotional reality.
Despite being with Martha Pavon, Dani felt uneasy as he had a lot of feelings for his longtime ex-girlfriend, Martha Morales. As a result of this, Pavon decided to initiate their breakup and move on.
After breaking up with Pavon, Dani became interested in getting back together with his former partner. Martha Morales, to whom his heart belongs, was finally reunited with him.
In order not to repeat past mistakes, Dani and Martha both had to work harder. Dani and Martha were more direct and honest with one another this time around. Eventually, both of them split up.
Family Life of Daniel Carvajal
Dani has always understood the importance of family and still does today. After watching his games at the Bernabeu, he always finds the perfect moment to relax with his parents.
Dani is constantly in touch with his parents and siblings, as seen above in the picture. As seen when he shares Champions League memories with his mum and great-grandfather, Mariano, the depth of his love for his parents is apparent.
Dani Carvajal Net Worth
How much does he earn?
In September 2013, the right-back signed a contract with Real Madrid that netted him an impressive salary of 8.5 million euros (7.6 million pounds) per year. Having crunched the numbers, we can calculate that he earns €41,146 (£36,706) per day and €1,714 (£1,529) per hour!
Salary & Net Worth Updated 2022
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||49 Million Euro (44 Million Pound)|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||Not Available|
|Annual Salary||8.5 million euros (7.6 million pounds)|
|Per Month Salary||€691,667 (£601,449)|
|Per Week Salary||€159,615 (£138,796)|
|Per Day Salary||€22,740 (£19,774)|
|Per Hour Salary||€947 (£823)|
|Per Minute Salary||€16 (£14)|
|Current Contract||With Real Madrid|
|Loan Contract Signed||Jul 1, 2013|
|Loan Contract Expires||Jun 30, 2025|
|Contract Signing Amount or Transfer Fee||$18.15 Million|
|Market Value||$19.80 Million|
|Highest Market Value||$66.00 Million (Mar 22, 2018)|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
He began his footballing career with the Real Madrid youth academy in 2013 and has played in the Los Blancos’ first team ever since. Born and bred in Madrid, he started his career with the youth academy of Real Madrid.
It is estimated that the defender has a net worth of approximately €49 million (£44 million) to his name. A former full-back, he is considered to be one of the finest full-backs of his era. He is worth well over $19.80 million.
Dani Carvajal FIFA 22 Stats, Potential, and Rating
Carvajal is a 30-year-old who plays for Real Madrid in Spain and is currently playing for the club as a full-back. It is worth noting that his overall rating in FIFA 22 is 84, and he has a potential rating of 84. Carvajal has received a 3-star rating on skillmoves.
Dani Carvajal FIFA 22 Stats
Dani Carvajal Overall Rating In FIFA 22
Dani Carvajal Potential In FIFA 22
|72||Heading Accuracy||47||FK Accuracy|
|83||Short Passing||74||Long Passing|
In his opinion, he prefers to shoot with his right foot. As a result, his workrates are High / Medium. Carvajal’s height is 173 cm and his weight is estimated to be 73 kg according to our database. As of right now, Carvajal is playing with the numbers 2 and 20.
Dani Carvajal Starts at Real Madrid Castilla
- Dani Carvajal was born in Leganés, a neighborhood of Madrid.
- At the age of 10, he joined Real Madrid’s youth system and climbed the ranks until reaching Real Madrid Castilla in 2010.
- In his first season as a senior, Carvajal was immediately selected in the reserve team’s starting XI, also serving as the team’s captain.
- In the following season, he even performed better (38 games and two goals, playoffs included), as the Bruins returned to the Segunda División after a five-year absence.
Dani Carvajal with Bayer Leverkusen
- Carvajal signed a five-year contract with Germany’s Bayer 04 Leverkusen on 11 July 2012, after failing to make an appearance for Real Madrid’s first team.
- If they wished to re-sign the player after one season, they added on a buy-back clause of approximately €6.5 million, €7 million after two seasons, and approximately €8.5 million after three.
- On 1 September 2012, Carvajal made his Bundesliga debut in a 2–0 win against SC Freiburg, winning the Team of the Week award.
- His first goal for his new club came in a 2–1 victory over TSG 1899 Hoffenheim on 25 November.
- Carvajal was selected as one of the three best right-backs at the end of his one and only season in the Bundesliga, behind FC Bayern Munich’s Phillip Lahm and FC Schalke 04’s Atsuto Uchida.
- Fans voted for him with 16% of the total vote.
Dani Carvajal at Real Madrid
- Real Madrid exercised its buy-back option on Carvajal on 3 June 2013, and he became the team’s first signing of 2013–14.
- According to Rudi Völler, the director of football at Bayer, Real Madrid noticed Dani’s outstanding performances this season and exercised their buy-back option soon after.”
- In a press conference shortly after the move, he expressed his happiness and thanked the president, the fans, and the club for welcoming him back.
- Carvajal made his La Liga debut on 18 August 2013, winning his home debut against Real Betis 2–1.
- During his first match in the UEFA Champions League, he played the full 90 minutes as Galatasaray SK defeated him 6–1 on the road in the group stage.
- The player played 45 matches in his first season and managed to score twice against Rayo Vallecano and CA Osasuna.
- He played 120 minutes in the Champions League final, which Atlético Madrid won 4–1.
- Carvajal won the 2014 UEFA Super Cup and the 2014 FIFA Club World Cup for Real Madrid.
- By fouling Carlos Tevez in the first leg of the Champions League semi-finals, he conceded a penalty which Juventus FC converted to defeat the Spaniards 2-1.
- A new deal with the Merengues was signed by Carvajal on 8 July 2015.
- In the Champions League, he made eight appearances and scored one goal, as the tournament ended in victory.
- The Atlético Madrid final saw him substituted early into the second half due to injury (penalty shootout victory).
- Carvajal scored the winning goal in the 119th minute of the UEFA Super Cup match against Sevilla in Trondheim on 9 August 2016.
- Despite several physical ailments, he still contributed 23 games to help the team be crowned champions during the league season.
- Against FC Barcelona at the Nou Camp on 3 December 2016, Sergio Ramos equalized in the last minute.
- After nearly one month on the sidelines, he apologized for giving the middle finger to opposing fans.
- On 3 June, Dani returned just in time to participate in the Champions League final, which they won for the third time in four years.
- Carvajal’s contract was extended until 2022 on 17 September 2017.
- Madrid won their third straight Champions League title that year despite his absence due to a heart condition.
- He was injured in the crucial match against Liverpool, forcing him off the field in an eventual 3-1 win in Kyiv.
- La Liga debut of Carvajal came in a 2–0 home win over Getafe CF on 19 August 2018.
- As Real Madrid won La Liga the following season, he was a regular starter.
- Carvajal extended his contract until June 2025 on 29 July 2021.
- Martin Montoya backed up Carvajal during the 2013 UEFA European Under-21 Championship, as Barça won the tournament with a 3–0 win over the Netherlands.
- Vicente del Bosque called him to his 30-person provisional squad for the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
- Being excused from the warm-up game against Bolivia on 30 May as well as not making the final squad the following day.
- On 29 August 2014, Carvajal was called up to the squad for the first time.
- In a friendly match on 4 September, he played the full 90 minutes and was defeated 0-1 by the former.
- Despite being selected for UEFA Euro 2016, he was dropped due to an injury.
- Carvajal made Spain’s final squad for the FIFA World Cup.
- He played through the entire 1–0 win over Iran on 20 June, after sitting out the first game against Portugal due to injury.
Facts About Dani Carvajal
- An inner state of independence allows the Baller to make significant progress in both his personal and professional life.
- Dani is capable of leading the way. He can make solid and realistic plans for his career and family. However, he is married at the time of writing.
- It is evident from his relationship with Martha Morales that Daniel is capable of learning from his mistakes. His ability to return to the top is solely based on his experience and expertise.
- Dani is not only focused on the material world, but he also knows how to make the most of it.
- He has a tendency to always expect the worst from others. At some point, he could dislike almost anything as he is often called a Kiwi Head.
- His girlfriend, family, Spanish tradition, and quality craftsmanship are among his favorite things.
- Once, Real Madrid suffered a major blow when Dani Carvajal was sidelined by a heart condition.
- The heart condition will keep him out of action “for a minimum of two months.”
- During this time, Dani is not allowed to exercise.
- The medical report indicates Dani has a “viral pericardium infection”, which is a heart infection that is difficult to treat. Luckily, his heart has since healed.
How old is Carvajal?
How tall is Dani Carvajal?
Which country is Carvajal from?
What happened to Dani Carvajal?
Since his heart issues alone, he has had 12 injuries, one-third of which have been muscle issues. Indeed, the Spanish right-back has missed 21 games since November 2020 just due to muscle issues.
Dani Carvajal’s life story shows how his career path is not solely determined by his childhood dreams. Kids forcing him to remain in the post against his wishes gave him an opportunity to develop himself.
Dani Carvajal’s parents deserve praise for investing so much money in enrolling him in a sports academy. The fact that he did not waste the opportunity to succeed will make them very proud.
Here is an appreciation note for your consideration
I appreciate you taking the time to read Woodgram’s version of Dani Carvajal’s biography. Our team of writers and researchers care about the accuracy of our content on Spanish Footballers. Please let us know if you spot any wrongs in our article.
We would appreciate your feedback on what you think about Dani Carvajal, including our biography of him. Now, stay tuned for more Spanish Football Stories from WoodGram.