Daniel Sturridge is a professional English footballer who plays for West Bromwich Albion as well as representing the English national team. Currently, on loan to West Brom, he has signed for Premier League club Liverpool. He began his career at Aston Villa’s youth academy before joining Manchester City’s academy following a brief stint with Coventry City. During his time with Manchester City, he became the youngest player ever to win the Champions League, Premier League, and FA Cup, as well as the only player ever to score in the FA Youth Cup, FA Cup, and Premier League in the same season.
He was loaned out to Bolton Wanderers after moving to Chelsea, which proved to be a pivotal moment in his career. He next moved to Liverpool, where he formed a successful partnership with lead striker Luis Suárez. In the latter seasons of his successful spell at Liverpool, he was plagued with numerous injuries that significantly reduced his playing time.
Daniel Sturridge Bio/Wiki
|Birth Name||Daniel Andre Sturridge|
|Age||34 (as in 2023) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Virgo|
|Birth Place||Birmingham, England|
|Date of Birth||01 September 1989|
|Home Town||Birmingham, England|
|Hobbies||Watching Movies, Playing guitar|
|Mother’s Name||Grace Sturridge|
|Father’s Name||Mike Sturridge|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Children||Daughters- 1, Name Not Known|
|Educational Qualification||Not Available|
|Profession||Professional Football Player|
|Brands Endorsed||• Nike|
|Career Manager||Daniel is signed with Octagon.|
|Debut Club||• 2021: Perth Glory FC|
• 2019: Trabzonspor
• January 2018: West Bromwich Albion F.C.
• 2013: Liverpool F.C.
• 2011: Bolton Wanderers F.C.
• 2006: Manchester City F.C.
|Debut International||• 2012: Great Britain men’s Olympic football team|
• 2009: England national under-20 football team
• 2008: England national under-19 football team
• 2007: England national under-18 football team
• 2005: England national under-17 football team
• 2004: England national under-16 football team
|Current Team(s)||Perth Glory FC|
|Jersey Number||15 (Perth Glory FC)|
• Through balls
• Holding on to the ball
|Weaknesses||• Aerial duels|
• Defensive contribution
|Achievements||Daniel Sturridge is the youngest player ever to win the Champions League, Premier League and FA Cup. He is also the only Premier League player who scored on all his debut matches for Manchester City, Chelsea, Bolton and Liverpool FC.|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 183 cm|
in meters- 1.83 m
in feet inches- 6’0”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 76 kg|
in pounds- 168 lbs
|Chest Size||41 inches|
|Biceps Size||14.5 inches|
|Waist Size||33 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Black, Sturridge’s all grandparents are of Jamaican descent.|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Distinctive Features||• Muscular body|
• Black hair
• Ear piercing
|Dress Size||Not Available|
|Shoe Size||10.5 (US)|
|Favorite Playing Position||Striker|
|Favorite Car||Rolls Royce|
|Favorite Footballer||Thierry Henry|
|Favorite Book||The Bible and Prisoner to the Streets (By Robyn Travis)|
|Favorite Actors||Jamie Foxx, Denzel Washington|
|Favorite Movie||Any Given Sunday (1999)|
|Favorite Sportsman||Muhammad Ali, Floyd Mayweather|
|Favorite TV Show||Luther (2010-2015)|
Daniel Andre Sturridge was born September 1, 1989, in Birmingham, England, to footballer Michael Sturridge and his wife Grace, a teacher. He has a sister, Cherelle, and a brother, Leon. Dean Sturridge comes from a footballing family as his uncles Simon and Dean Sturridge played professionally, while his father was signed by Sir Alf Ramsey at Birmingham City. As long as his uncle Dean played for Derby County, he supported them. After that, he became an Arsenal fan.
Alexis Sánchez Biography, Age, Height, Wife, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Sturridge established a charitable foundation through which he helps young people in Portmore, Jamaica to develop as footballers with an emphasis on education. In addition, Sturridge owns the record label Sturr Class Entertainment. According to reports, he reportedly had a short-lived relationship with British supermodel Jourdan Dunn after meeting her at the V Festival in August 2013. At a London restaurant named Cecconi, he was seen having lunch with a mystery woman in March 2017.
Daniel Sturridge Net Worth
Daniel Sturridge has a net worth of $25 million.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||$25 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$20 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||$16 Million|
|Annual Salary||$9 Million|
|Market Value||$2.2 Million|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
|Cars Collection||• Ferarri|
• Rolls Royce
Sturridge is a very talented footballer and he has achieved great heights in his career. He earns a good amount of money from his football career, which is his major source of income. He has a net worth of at least a few million dollars. He is estimated to have a net worth of $12 Million as of 2019, $16 Million as of 2020, and $20 Million as of 2021.
He receives a salary of $9 Million per year, compared to $4 Million as of 2018. In addition, he has a sponsorship agreement with Nike, a sportswear and equipment manufacturer. He wears Nike Hypervenom boots and also he is an ambassador for BT Sport. He appears in EA Sports’ FIFA video game series, and his signature jig goal celebration is featured in FIFA 14.
In the UK, he appeared in a series of commercials for the fast-food restaurant Subway. He owns a Ferarri and a Rolls Royce. He lives in a mansion/house in Liverpool, UK. Overall, he is satisfied with his earning potential.
Robinho Biography, Age, Height, Wife, Number, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
- Daniel Sturridge, who began playing at the local club Cadbury Athletic when he was six, was noticed by the youth academy of Aston Villa a year later.
- After four years with the club, he moved to Coventry City and joined the youth academy of Manchester City in 2003, for which the club had to compensate Coventry.
- In the following season, he helped the club win the world’s largest under-15 tournament, the Nike Cup, as the club’s leading scorer, and was elected player of the year.
- In 2006, he was the youngest player on the Manchester City Youth team for their FA Youth Cup campaign, in which he scored six goals including two in the final, in which they lost 3-2.
- Daniel Sturridge became a professional player for Manchester City at the age of 17 and began training with the club’s first team in 2006–07.
- In February 2007, he was a substitute against Reading after he scored a hat-trick in a reserve match and gained a bench spot for the senior team.
- After another substitute appearance, he suffered an injury and was sidelined for the rest of the season. His first goal for the club came against Sheffield United on January 27, 2008, followed shortly thereafter by his first league goal against Derby County.
- Although he had limited opportunities in the first team, he led the youth team to the FA Youth Cup final as the tournament’s top scorer. During that season, he became the first player in history to score in the Youth FA Cup, the FA Cup, and the Premier League.
- When he came on as a 71st-minute substitute in a 2-0 deficit against Blackburn Rovers, he scored a goal and assisted in another. The club voted him Young Player of the Year after he scored four goals from 26 appearances.
- He signed a four-year contract with Chelsea in July 2009 and made his Premier League debut on August 18 as a substitute against Sunderland. On September 16, he scored a hat-trick against Ipswich Town, and on October 28, he made his first start against Bolton Wanderers.
- In the 2009-10 season, he scored his first two goals against Watford in the FA Cup third round on January 3rd, 2010, then his first league goal against Stoke City on April 25. Even though he came on as a 90th-minute substitute, he ended the tournament as the club’s top goalscorer with four goals.
- He scored four goals from 21 games for Chelsea in 2010-11 before being loaned to Bolton Wanderers for the remainder of the season, where he scored eight goals from 12 appearances. As a result of national duty at the 2012 Olympics, he missed all Chelsea preseason games in 2012–13. During the season, he scored two goals from 12 appearances for Chelsea.
- He signed a transfer deal with Liverpool on January 2, 2013, and scored his first goal for the club on his debut against Mansfield Town in the FA Cup third round on January 4. During the season, he became the first Liverpool player to score three goals in his first three appearances in four decades and also scored his first career hat-trick against Fulham in May.
- During the 2013-14 season, he scored 24 goals from 33 appearances and was nominated for the Players’ Player of the Year and Young Player of the Year awards. In 2014-15, he was plagued by injuries, but he still managed to score five goals in 18 appearances.
- Although he was irregular in the first team during 2016-17, he scored doubles in two matches and helped the club break the record for maximum goals in a calendar year.
- West Bromwich Albion loaned him to the club in January 2018, but he sustained a hamstring injury in his third appearance for the club.
- Daniel Sturridge has represented the English national youth team at the U16, U17, U18, U19, U20, and U21 levels.
- He was selected to the team of the 2011 UEFA European Under-21 Championship despite England being eliminated in the group stages.
- He made his senior international debut against Sweden in November 2011 and won the man of the match award against the Netherlands on his next appearance.
- Afterwards, he represented Great Britain at the 2012 Summer Olympics and was named to England’s squad for the 2014 FIFA World Cup and the UEFA Euro 2016 finals.
Facts About Daniel Sturridge
- In a local youth club called Cadbury Athletic, he began playing soccer at the age of six.
- At the age of 7, Sturridge joined Aston Villa’s soccer academy and stayed there until he was 11.
- Daniel moved to Manchester City’s academy in 2003. He was 13 years old at the time.
- During the 2006-2007 season, he trained with Manchester City’s first squad.
- As Manchester City’s Young Player of the Season, Sturridge was chosen by the fans.
- Daniel signed a four-year contract with Chelsea on July 3, 2009. Due to Sturridge’s age, there were issues between Chelsea and Manchester City, resulting in a total fee of 8.3 million British pounds.
- Daniel went on loan to Bolton Wanderers on January 31, 2011.
- Liverpool signed Sturridge on January 2, 2013. The contract was worth 12 million British pounds.
- Daniel played for England’s U-16, U-17, U-18, U-19, U-20, and U-21 teams.
- In 2014, he represented England at the FIFA World Cup.
- Daniel Sturridge is the nephew of former professional soccer players Dean and Simon Sturridge.
- Sturridge opened a foundation by the name of Daniel Sturridge in the summer of 2013.
- The foundation’s main objective is to get young people involved in sport.
- Sturr Class Entertainment is his record label.
Daniel Sturridge has joined Perth Glory on a free transfer, 19 months after leaving Trabzonspor. While looking for a new club, Sturridge worked with Real Mallorca during the summer, and Perth Glory has now signed the Champions League and Premier League winner for the A-League 2021-22 season.
For breaking betting rules, Sturridge was banned from the game for four months and his Trabzonspor contract was terminated. When the coronavirus pandemic hit the wider world around the same time, Sturridge was nowhere to be found in football.
Although he rarely played for Chelsea as a striker, Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers played Sturridge as a striker in most matches.
For a fee of around £12,000,000. Sturridge completed his long-anticipated move to Premier League rivals Liverpool on 2 January 2013. During his Chelsea career, Sturridge scored 24 goals in 96 appearances.