Elizabeth Banks initiated her career as a television actor, became popular through her Broadway roles in ‘The 40-Year-Old V*rgin,’ ‘Invincible,’ ‘Spiderman,’ and ‘The Hunger Games.’ She fascinated male fans with her appearance in ‘The Slither,’ a comic horror film. During her childhood, she was tomboyish who loved riding horses. Her initial aim was to become an athlete, but when she fractured her leg in a softball match, she focused on becoming an actor and functioned towards achieving her goal. She is a talented actress who has shown her mettle in diverse genres, such as drama, comedy, horror, and science fiction.
Her prolific acting has earned her ‘Emmy Awards’ and other honors. Along with her husband Max Handelman, a sportswriter, she owns a production company named ‘Brownstone.’ As a social worker, she is actively engaged in the ‘Go Red for Women’ campaign. For one of its awareness drives on heart disease, she responded in the documentary ‘Just a Little Heart Attack.’ She is in support of ‘Planned Parenthood,’ and prolonged her support to Barack Obama who insisted on federal financing for the same.
|Birth Name||Elizabeth Irene Mitchell|
|Nick Name||Liz Banks|
|Age||(as in 2020) 46 years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Aquarius|
|Birth Place||Pittsfield, Massachusetts, USA|
|Date of Birth||10 February 1974|
|Residence||Sherman Oaks, USA|
|Home Town||Pittsfield, Massachusetts|
|Mother's Name||Ann (née Wallace) (Worked at a bank)|
|Father's Name||Mark P. Mitchell (worked at General Electric)|
|Brother||Geoff Mitchell (Younger)|
Marital Status, Husband and Children
|Marriage Date||July 5, 2003|
|Children||Son- Felix (born via a surrogate)|
Magnus Mitchell (again born via surrogacy)
|School||Pittsfield High School|
|College/University||University of Pennsylvania|
|Educational Qualification||Masters in Fine Arts from American Conservatory Theater|
|Profession||Actress, producer, director|
|Brands Endorsed||• L’Oreal Paris|
• Old Navy
|Career Manager||Untitled Entertainment|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm|
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet inches- 5’5”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 55 kg|
in pounds- 121 lbs
|Breast Size||34 Inches|
|Hips Size||35 Inches|
|Waist Size||26 Inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||White|
|Dress Size||6 (US) or 38 (EU)|
|Shoe Size||7 (US) or 37.5 (EU)|
|Favourite Shoes||Frye Boots|
Elizabeth Banks was born Elizabeth Mitchell in Pittsfield, a miniature city in the Berkshires in western Massachusetts near the New York border, on February 10, 1974. She is the daughter of Ann (Wallace), who employed in a bank, and Mark P. Mitchell, a factory worker.
Elizabeth describes herself as having been seen as a “goody-two-shoes” in her youth who was nominated for the local Harvest Queen.
Banks left home to join college at the University of Pennsylvania from which she graduated Magna cum Laude and went on to join the Advanced Training Program at the prestigious American Conservatory Theater in San Francisco, graduating in 1996.
She then shifted to New York and worked in the theater, and began getting small roles in films and on television. Seeking more screen work, she moved to Los Angeles and was soon cast in supporting characters. She also had to change her last name, to Banks, in order to dodge confusion with actress Elizabeth Mitchell.
Elizabeth Banks Net Worth
Elizabeth Banks has a net worth of $50 million.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2019 (Approx)||$50 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2018(Approx)||Under Review|
|Annual Salary||Under Review|
|Income Source||Actress, producer, director|
In 2007 Elizabeth and Max paid $1.625 million for a house in Studio City, California. They classified this home for sale in May 2020 for $2.4 million.
In 2018 they purchased for $6.85 million, a custom-built gated 1-acre hilltop property in nearby Sherman Oaks.
Elizabeth and Max formed the production company Brownstone Productions in 2002. Their company was the powerhouse studio behind the “Pitch Perfect” movie franchise.
She made her directorial initiative with the second installment of the Pitch series which was formed for $30 million and went on to make $300 million worldwide, enough to make it the highest-grossing musical comedy of all time when it was delivered.
Elizabeth Banks Movies And TV Shows
- She moved to New York in pursuit of an acting career and got minor roles in TV and films. In 1998, she made her debut appearance in ‘Surrender Dorothy,’ a movie on drug addiction.
- Her performance in ‘Surrender Dorothy’ gave way to more opportunities in television. She acted in Gotham-based TV productions like ‘Third Watch’ and ‘S*x and the City.’
- She moved to Los Angeles in search of more opportunities in films. As there was another actor by the name Elizabeth Mitchell, she changed her surname to ‘Banks’ to avoid confusion.
- She received her big breakthrough in 2002 when she appeared in Sam Raimi’s ‘Spiderman.’ Her role as ‘Betty Brant,’ a secretary to a newspaper tycoon, was written to suit her skills.
- Her career graph kept moving northwards with roles in movies like ‘Swept Away’ and ‘Catch Me If You Can.’
- Her role in ‘Catch Me If You Can’ gained her popularity.
- Her performance as ‘Marcela Howard,’ the young wife of the owner of a racehorse in a film titled ‘Seabiscuit’ (2003) got her nominated for ‘Screen Actors Guild Award.’
- In 2004, she reprised her role as ‘Betty Brant’ in ‘Spider-Man 2.’ The next year, she was at her best in the comic buster ‘The 40-Year-Old V*rgin.’
- In 2006, she got her first major role in ‘Slither,’ a comic horror film. In the film, she proved her versatility as an actor while playing the role of ‘Starla Grant,’ the wife of a man possessed by an alien.
- In 2008, she was cast to play prominent roles in films like ‘Definitely, Maybe,’ ‘Meet Dave,’ ‘Zack and Miri Make a Porno,’ and ‘Lovely, Still.’ She landed a major role as the ‘First Lady Laura Bush’ in ‘W.’ Directed by Oliver Stone the film was based on the life of George W. Bush.
- In 2010, she made an appearance in the fourth season of the television sitcom ‘30 Rock.’ Her role as ‘Avery Jessup,’ the conservative television commentator, won her two nominations in the next two years.
- In 2012, she landed important roles in films like ‘Man on a Ledge,’ ‘What to Expect When You’re Expecting,’ and ‘The Hunger Games.’ Her supporting role in ‘The Hunger Games’ gained her popularity.
- She earned worldwide popularity for her role as ‘Effie Trinket’ in ‘The Hunger Games.’ She also reprised her role in its sequel ‘The Hunger Games: Catching Fire’ which released in 2013.
- She co-owns a production company named ‘Brownstone’ along with her husband Max Handelman, a sportswriter and producer. The couple has produced films like ‘Surrogates’ and ‘Pitch Perfect’ through their company.
- From 2014 to 2019, she did many movies like ‘Walk of Shame,’ ‘The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1,’ ‘Pitch Perfect 2,’ ‘The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2,’ ‘Pitch Perfect 3,’ ‘The Happytime Murders,’ and ‘Brightburn.’
|2001||Wet Hot American Summer|
Catch Me If You Can
|2003 ||The Trade|
|2004 ||Spider-Man 2|
The 40-Year-Old Virgin
Zack and Miri Make a Porno
|2010 ||The Next Three Days|
Just a Little Heart Attack
Our Idiot Brother
|2012||Man on a Ledge|
The Hunger Games
What to Expect When You're Expecting
People Like Us
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
Face in the Crowd
The Lego Movie
Walk of Shame
Every Secret Thing
Love & Mercy
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1
|2015||Pitch Perfect 2|
Magic Mike XXL
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2
Uber for Jen
Pitch Perfect 3
|2018||The Happytime Murders|
The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part
TV Shows & Serials List
|1962||The Jack Paar Tonight Show|
|1969||The Mike Douglas Show|
|1972||The Dick Cavett Show|
The New Bill Cosby Show
|1975||The Merv Griffin Show|
|1979||The Mike Douglas Show|
|1991||Separate but Equal|
|1995||Children of the Dust|
|1996||To Sir, with Love II|
|1997||Mandela and de Klerk|
|1998||David and Lisa|
|1999||The Simple Life of Noah Dearborn|
Free of Eden
|2000-2007||The Oprah Winfrey Show|
|2001||The Last Brickmaker in America|
|2008||Larry King Live|
Taking on a big load, Banks acknowledged up to co-write, direct, produce and act in a 2019 reboot of Charlie’s Angels, acting Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott, and Ella Balinska as the crime-fighting trio. Although the film underwhelmed at the box office during its opening weekend, Banks insisted she was proud of the final product.
- She used to play a lot of baseball as a kid and used to ride horses.
- To avoid confusion with another American actress of the same name, i.e., Elizabeth Mitchell, she changed her name to Elizabeth Banks.
- She was a member of Delta Delta Delta Sorority at the University of Pennsylvania.
- She is college friends with producer Todd Lieberman.
- Banks has a celebrity crush on German-Irish actor Michael Fassbender.
- She can’t stop herself from eating cupcakes. She has a weakness for them.
- Her one of the biggest mistakes in life was acting in the independent film Surrender Dorothy. She revealed it in an interview with Slate in 2012.
- She was ranked #39 in the 2010 FHM UK list of “100 S*xiest Women in the World.”.
- Her classic comic performance in ‘Seabiscuit’ earned her the ‘Screen Actors Guild Award’ for ‘Outstanding Performance.’ The film was considered a box office hit and received eight nominations at the 76th ‘Academy Awards.’
- Her supporting role in ‘The Hunger Games’ is considered one of her best works. The film earned more than $690 million worldwide and Banks was cast in its 2013 sequel ‘Catching Fire.’
Why Did Elizabeth Banks Change Her Name?
They Have Been Together Ever Since, Bouncing From Coast To Coast Until Finally Settling Down In Los Angeles, She With An M.F.A., He An M.B.A., And Elizabeth Having Changed Her Surname To Banks Because The Screen Actors Guild Already Had A Member Named “Elizabeth Mitchell.” The Couple Married In 2003.
How Much Did Elizabeth Banks Make From Pitch Perfect?
Banks Made Her Directorial Film Debut With Pitch Perfect 2 (2015), Whose $69 Million Opening-weekend Gross Set A Record For A First-time Director. She Also Directed, Wrote, Produced, And Starred In The Action Comedy Film Charlie’s Angels (2019).
What Is Elizabeth Banks Known For?
Elizabeth Banks Is An Emmy Award-nominated Actress And Director Known For Her Work In ’30 Rock,’ ‘w.,’ ‘pitch Perfect’ And ‘the Hunger Games.
Did Elizabeth Banks Have A Heart Attack?
Everybody Thinks About Their Dad Having A Heart Attack, But Nobody Thinks About Their Mom Having One. It Never Even Occurred To Banks, Whose Mom And Sisters Have Heart Arrhythmias, To Get Her Own Heart Checked.