Benoit Guy Robert Costil (born 3 July 1987) is a French professional footballer who plays as a goalkeeper for Bordeaux, a member of the Championnat National team. Costil is also a French international who has represented his country at the under-21 level. As a senior international, he represented his country at Euro 2016, the same year he made his senior international debut. As a result of Castello’s stint with SM Caen, his career was not fruitful since he remained on the bench.
During his time with Oc Vannes in 2008, he took part in 27 matches and helped the team reach the League Cup final. After a two-year stint with CS Sedan, he played 219 League games for Stade Rennais over six seasons during which he helped the club reach two finals – the League Cup in 2013 and the Coupe de France in 2014. The French international joined FC Girondins Bordeaux on a free transfer from the Paris Saint-Germain club in 2017.
Benoit Costil Bio/Wiki[table id=3659 /]
Benoit Costil Net Worth
How much does he earn in 2023?
In early July of 2017, the goalkeeper Benoit Costil signed a contract with FC Girondins Bordeaux which will net him an astounding salary of £1,976,000 per year. Based on our calculation, it appears that he is earning £5,414 per day and £226 per hour![table id=3660 /]
In his current position, he earns over £1,976,000 per year and we estimate that Benoit Costil total net worth is approximately £14 million.
The market value of Benoit Costil is higher than what his latest transfer suggests. The fact that he is a free agent means that FC Girondins Bordeaux did not pay a penny for his services. At least not for the transfer of his services. The market value of his services is around $1.65 million.
Benoit Costil FIFA 22 Stats, Potential, and Rating
Benoît Costil is currently 36 years old and plays as a Goalkeeper for Girondins de Bordeaux in France as well as in Germany. The overall rating of his character in FIFA 22 is 77, with a potential rating of 77. Costil has a skill that moves to the rate of 1 star.[table id=3661 /]
When he shoots, he prefers to use his right foot. His workrates are categorized as Medium / Medium. It is estimated that Costil’s height is 187 cm and that his weight is 82 kg, according to our database. Currently, Benoît Costil is playing for the number 1 position.
- Born in Caen, Calvados, Costil began his football career with Caen in Ligue 1, but he made only 10 appearances for the club before he was sent on loan to Vannes in Ligue 2 during the 2008–09 season.
- Until June 2011, Sedan signed the contract with Costil from Caen until 17 June 2009.
- During his two years at Sedan, he made 76 appearances and was selected as the best goalkeeper in Ligue 2 for 2010–2011.
- He signed a three-year contract with Rennes on 14 June 2011 after the expiration of his contract with Sedan.
- As a result of this transfer, he made his return to Ligue 1 for the first time since he made a handful of appearances at Caen at the start of his career.
- The following year, Costil joined Bordeaux. On July 19, 2019, he extended his contract with the club until 2022 and was named the team captain.
- As a result of the signing of Laurent Koscielny, he has been demoted to the role of vice-captain.
- Costil confirmed that he will leave Bordeaux at the end of 2022.
- Costil represented France at the U-21 level having participated in the 2008 Toulon Tournament.
- As part of France manager Didier Deschamps’ 23-man squad, Costil was called up to play friendly matches against Albania and Sweden on 6 November 2014.
- Jacques Costil was called up to France manager Didier Deschamps’ 23-man squad for UEFA Euro 2016 on 12 May 2016 as the third goalkeeper behind captain Hugo Lloris and Steve Mandanda.
- After losing to Portugal 0–1 in the final match, his team won the silver medal in the competition but he did not take part in the competition.
- He made his debut for the team on 15 November, playing the whole match against Ivory Coast and also captaining his side in a 0 – 0 draw at home. He was the first player on the team to keep a clean sheet.
- On May 17, 2018, as well as Anthony Martial, was included in a preliminary 35-man France squad for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia, however, he did not make the final 23.
- Due to the injury sustained by Steve Mandanda, Didier Deschamps called up Costil in order to play for the national team against Germany and the Netherlands in the UEFA Nations League.
- He became the UEFA Nations League champion with the national team in October 2021.
Facts About Benoit Costil
- As soon as Costil had played four matches, he was named the reserve goalkeeper.
- It was against Auxerre in the 2007-2008 season that he made his Ligue 1 debut. As a result of his lack of first-team experience, Costil went on loan to Ligue 2 side, Oc Vannes, in July 2008.
- The move was followed by a permanent move to CS Sedan. This move took place in 2011.
- Costil has signed a contract with the Stade Rennais.
- As a first-choice goalkeeper, Costil stepped up his performance and won the UNFP Best Goalkeeper award in 2011.
- Costil has represented France on several occasions at various age levels.
- In 2004, he won the UEFA Under-17 Championship with France. He was also a member of the French Under-18, Under-19, Under-20, and Under-21 squads.
- Overall, Costil has produced some quite brilliant performances over the years. The FC Stade Rennes keeper kept 15 clean sheets in 38 appearances in the league for the club during the 2014-15 season.
- Castilo’s stint with SM Caen was not fruitful as he remained on the bench for a long period of time.
- During his time with Oc Vannes in 2008, he participated in 27 matches and helped the team to reach the League Cup final.
- The French international joined FC Girondins Bordeaux on a free transfer in 2017 after leaving Paris Saint-Germain.
Benoit Costil is 36 years old.
Benoit Costil is 188 cm tall. Or 6 ft 2 in.
Benoit Costil was born Fri Jul 03 1987.
Benoit Costil’s preferred foot is right.
A look at Benoit Costil’s life story reveals that our career path is not solely dependent on our childhood dreams when it comes to our career path. The fact that kids compelled him to stay in the post against his wishes was an opportunity for him to build himself up.
In our opinion, the parents should be commended for the fact that they have devoted a large part of their money to enrolling Benoit Costil in a sports academy. It is true they will be very proud of the fact that he never wasted the opportunity he had to succeed in his endeavors.
Thank you for taking out your precious time to read Woodgram’s version of Benoit Costil’s Biography. Our team of writers and researchers care about the accuracy of our content on French Footballers. Please let us know if you spot any wrongs in our article.
On a final note, we would appreciate your feedback (below as a comment) on what you think about Benoit Costil, including our biography of him. Now, stay tuned for more French Football Stories from WoodGram.