Known for his performance in the 2018 World Cup, Kylian Mbappé is a French professional footballer. In his first ‘World Cup’ match, Mbappé became the youngest French player to score. The ‘FIFA World Cup Best Young Player Award’ was given to him for scoring four goals in his World Cup campaign. He has been described as a ‘huge football talent’ by former player Arsène Wenger.
Thierry Henry and Pelé are often compared to him in the media. With a ball in his hands, Mbappé also excels in dribbling and demonstrates agility, creativity, and acceleration. The French football club Paris Saint-Germain signed Mbappé to a contract worth €180 million in 2017, making him the second most expensive player in the world.
Kylian Mbappé Wiki/Bio
|Birth Name||Kylian Mbappé Lottin|
|Nick Name||Donatello (name given by his PSG teammates)|
|Age||25 (as in 2023) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Sagittarius|
|Birth Place||Bondy, France|
|Date of Birth||20 December 1998|
|Home Town||Paris, France|
|Hobbies||Playing Football and Tennis, Listening To Music, Playing Video Games|
|Professional Debut||International- 25 March 2017 for France against Luxembourg at the 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier|
Club- 2 December 2015 for Monaco against SM Caen
|Club Team(s) ||• Monaco (2015-2017)|
• Paris Saint-Germain (2017-present; as a loan from Monaco)
|Jersey Number||• 10 (France National Team)|
• 29 (Paris Saint-Germain)
|Coach/Mentor||• Didier Deschamps (France)|
• Thomas Tuchel (PSG)
|Strengths||Electric pace and great goalscoring ability|
|Records (main ones)/Achievements||• Named French Young Player of the Year by Telefoot in 2017.|
• At the age of 17, Mbappé became the youngest player ever to score for Monaco.
|Career Turning Point||2010–11 UEFA Champions League|
|Mother’s Name||Fayza Lamari (Former Handball Player)|
|Father’s Name||Wilfried Mbappé (Football Coach)|
|Brother||• Jirès Kembo Ekoko|
• Ethan Mbappé
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|School||School at Clairefontaine, France.|
|College/University||Did Not Attend|
|Educational Qualification||Not Available|
|Brands Endorsed||• Nike|
• EA Sports
|Career Manager||Jonathan Barnett|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm|
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet inches- 5’ 10”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 73 kg|
in pounds- 160.937 lbs
|Chest Size||40 Inches|
|Biceps Size||14 Inches|
|Waist Size||32 Inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Cameroonian (Father) and Algerian (Mother)|
|Dress Size||Not Available|
|Shoe Size||11 US|
|Favourite Food||• Eggs|
• Protein shakes
|Favourite Football Trick||Side-step|
|Favorite Footballer||Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar and Eden Hazard|
|Favorite Club||Chelsea FC|
|Controversies||Controversial transfer (as a loan) from Monaco to Paris Saint-Germain on transfer deadline day caused rage among the Monaco fans.|
The child of Wilfried Mbappé and Fayza Lamari was born in Bondy, Paris, France on December 20, 1998. As a child, his father, who is of Cameroonian ancestry, was a handball player whereas his mother, of Algerian ancestry, came from a family of mixed ethnicity.
The six-year-old Mbappé began playing football at ‘AS Bondy’ when he was coached by Antonio Riccardi and his father Wilfried. Afterward, he went to work at a football training center that specializes in training young French players, “Clairefontaine.”
‘Real Madrid,’ ‘Manchester City,’ ‘Bayern Munich,’ and ‘Liverpool’ were all impressed by Mbappé’s performance at ‘Clairefontaine.’ Among his first soccer experiences, he played for Chelsea’s youth team in the game against ‘Charlton Athletic’ when he was just 11 years old. He finally decided to play for ‘AS Monaco FC’ in France’s popular ‘Ligue 1’ league.
The younger brother of Kylian Mbappé is Jirès Kembo Ekoko. Mbappé’s father adopted Mbappé as a young boy, and he later became a professional footballer. In addition to his older brother, Mbappé has a younger brother named Ethan Mbappé. A member of Paris Saint-Germain’s under-12 team, Ethan served as Mbappé’s mascot at a Champions League game.
The way Mbappé celebrates his goals was inspired by Ethan. He revealed in one of his interviews that his younger brother would celebrate in a similar fashion after winning in EA Sports’ video game, “FIFA”. Mbappé is an active philanthropist. The President of Liberia met with both French President Emmanuel Macron and FIFA president Gianni Infantino in February 2018.
Paris’ Élysée Palace hosted a meeting about sport development on the African continent. Mbappé has spoken about his father’s African background and the importance of sports development in Africa in an interview.
Kylian Mbappé Net Worth
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||$170 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$150 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||$80 Million|
|Annual Salary||$28 Million|
|Cars Collection||• Ferrari|
• Mercedes Benz
• Range Rover
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
The net worth of Kylian Mbappé is $ 95 million. A world-famous soccer player, he earns some of the highest salaries in the world. In 2020, he earned $28 million in base salary PLUS $14 million for endorsements for a total of $42 million.
With his salary and endorsements, he earned $24 million in a single year when he was 19 years old.
Among the top U-20 players in the 2018 World Cup (at the 2018 games), Kylian is the youngest French player to score a goal in a World Cup and the second-youngest overall. A famous Kylian donation was his $500k World Cup bonus to a charity that helped disabled children.
He signed a contract with Paris Saint-Germain in 2018 after being loaned to the team in 2017. He is owed $20 million a year over a three-year period under his contract. In 2019, he ranked among the top ten highest-paid soccer players in the world.
- By debuting at the age of 16, Mbappé broke Thierry Henry’s record and became Monaco’s youngest-ever first-team player. He made his debut in a ‘Ligue 1’ match against ‘SM Caen’ on December 2, 2015.
- A three-year contract with ‘Monaco’ was signed on March 6, 2016, a month after he scored his first goal for the club.
- In a game against “Stade Rennais” in the Coupe de la Ligue on December 14, 2016, he scored his first hat-trick for Monaco’s first team.
- As a result, he became the youngest player since Jérémy Ménez in 2005 to score a hat-trick in ‘Ligue 1’ as his team defeated ‘Football Club de Metz.’
- The Ligue 1 Young Player of the Year award was presented to him by the ‘National Union of Professional Footballers’ (UNFP) for his outstanding performance in the 2016–17 season. His win was repeated the following season.
- His goal against FC Arsenal made him the second-youngest French football player to score in the ‘UEFA Champions League.’ On March 10, his goal against FC Girondins de Bordeaux gave Monaco a 2–1 victory.
- A goal he scored in the second leg of the tournament, helped his team advance to the semifinals. He helped make ‘Monaco’ a quarter-finalist in the ‘UEFA Champions League’ on March 15. In the end, Monaco was knocked out of the ‘UEFA Champions League’ by ‘Juventus.’ Mbappé ended the season with 26 goals, however, and the team won the ‘Ligue 1’ title.
- A day after signing Mbappé on loan, ‘Paris Saint-Germain’ announced the signing. His debut was on September 8 against Metz, his first goal helping ‘Paris Saint-Germain’ to beat them. On December 6 against Bayern Munich, he became the youngest player to net a Champions League goal.
- The sports journalists award him the Golden Boy award every year. In the same year, he was named the eighth-best player in the world by the ‘Union of European Football Associations’ (UEFA). He was honored with the UNFP Player of the Month award in April 2017. The same trophy was won by him in both March and August of 2018.
- Mbappé was named to France’s national squad for the 2018 ‘FIFA World Cup’ on May 17. On June 21, he scored his first ‘World Cup’ goal, leading France to a win against Peru in the ‘Group C’ match.
- France’s win against Argentina earned him the ‘Man of the Match’ award on June 30. He became the second teenager after Pelé to score twice in a ‘World Cup’ game during match.
- France won the prestigious tournament after scoring a goal against Croatia in the ‘World Cup Final’ on July 15. For his remarkable display during the ‘World Cup,’ Mbappé won the title of ‘Best Young Player’ for his outstanding performance.
- He received his first red card for his career when he was sent off the field against ‘Nîmes Olympique’ on September 1, 2018. I became the youngest player to score four goals in a ‘Ligue 1’ game when I scored four goals against ‘Olympique Lyonnais’ on October 8.
- FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association) named him the fourth-best player in the world in 2018. His impressive performance in the ‘World Cup’ earned him a spot on the ‘FIFA Dream Team’ and the ‘IFFHS Men’s World Team.’ He won the Kopa Trophy for the best young player under the age of 21. Moreover, he was named French Player of the Year (2018).
Facts About Kylian Mbappé
- Does Kylian Mbappé smoke?: No
- Does Kylian Mbappé drink alcohol?: Yes
- During his childhood, Mbappe prioritized football over academics and did not attend school full-time to dedicate his time to it.
- Christiano Ronaldo was Kylian Mbappé’s idol when he was a child.
- French Football Federation spotted him at the tender age of 6 when he was one of the best young footballers in France.
- The 26-year-old Mbappe has also represented Cameroon and Algeria before making his France National Team debut in 2017.
- Real Madrid, Chelsea, Manchester United, Liverpool, and Bayern Munich were among the clubs he turned down prior to joining Monaco.
- Monaco made him the youngest player ever to debut for a club with an age of 16 years and 347 days and he broke Thierry Henry’s record of 17 who made his debut for the club at the age of 17 years.
- The rapidity and goal-scoring ability of Mbappé earned him the title of “New Henry”.
- Mbappé joined Paris Saint-Germain on 31 August 2017 for an amount thought to be € 145 million, plus an additional € 35 million in add-ons. This makes him potentially the world’s second-most expensive player, behind teammate Neymar.
- Kylian Mbappe has two older brothers, including Jirès Kembo Ekoko (10 years older) who was adopted by Mbappe’s father.
- The Man United forward explained that when he scores a goal, he celebrates by crossing his fingers and giving a thumbs up. As he said, he was inspired by his younger brother Ethan who beats him in a FIFA game on the Playstation.
- Benjamin Mendy gave Kylian Mbappé the strange nickname ‘Casse-bonbon’ – which means ‘pain in the neck.’
One of the Real Madrid targets, Kylian Mbappé, can get his bearings in Spanish. It is sometimes no trouble for Pablo Sarabia, his PSG teammate, to answer him in these languages on occasion.
A speed of 38kph was recorded by Kylian Mbappe against Monaco, which is faster than Usain Bolt’s 100m world record. After Lille drew 1-1 with Toulouse on Sunday, PSG went into Sunday’s match as Ligue 1 champions after their opponent Lille had already won the title. Cedric scored a hat-trick against former side Monaco on Sunday.