Jules Olivier Kounde professionally known as Jules Kounde is a French professional football player who currently represents the Spanish club Sevilla as a defender. He first played football for the youth team of the Fraternelle de Landiras in 2004. In addition to playing for Cerons, La Brede FC, and Bordeaux, he played for Cerons’ youth team. On 7 January 2018, he played for Bordeaux for the first time in their Cup de France round of 64.
He made his Ligue 1 debut for Bordeaux against Troyes on 13 January 2018. According to reports, he signed for Spanish club Sevilla for a transfer fee of €25 million on 3 July 2019. His experience on the international stage includes representing France at various ages. He represented France at U20 and U21 levels. His debut for France’s senior team has not yet been made.
Jules Kounde Bio/Wiki
|Birth Name||Jules Olivier Koundé|
|Age||23 (as in 2022) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Scorpio|
|Birth Place||Paris, France|
|Date of Birth||12 November 1998|
|Home Town||Paris, France|
|Hobbies||Watching Movies, Horse Riding|
|Mother's Name||Name Not Available|
|Father's Name||Name Not Available|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Educational Qualification||Not Available|
|Career Manager||ESN (EXCELLENCE SPORT NATION)|
|Debut Club||• 2019: Sevilla FC |
• 2017: FC Girondins de Bordeaux
|Debut International||• 18 May 2021: France national football team|
|Jersey Number||• 23 (Sevilla FC)|
• 25 (France national football team)
|Current Team(s)||• Sevilla FC|
• France national football team
|Position||Defender - Centre-Back|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm|
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet inches- 5’10”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg|
in pounds- 154 lbs
|Chest Size||40 inches|
|Biceps Size||13 inches|
|Waist Size||31 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Koundé is of Beninese and French descent.|
|Distinctive Features||Not Available|
|Dress Size||8 U.S.|
|Shoe Size||10 U.S.|
|Favorite Playing Position||Defender|
|Favorite Food||Italian Food|
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand||iPhone/Apple|
You’ll find Jules Kounde’s Childhood Story, Early Life, Parents, Family, Girlfriend/Wife, Lifestyle, Personal Life, and Net Worth in our Jules Kounde Biography. Our goal is to portray to you the history of a French professional footballer who is a defender. From his early days in the game up to the moment when he became famous, we follow his journey.
To whet your autobiography appetite, here is a brief summary of Jules Kounde’s life.
Unquestionably, the new Jewel discovered by Sevilla is an indisputable holder. He is the kind of player many big European clubs dream of having on their team, so it is no wonder they clamor for his signature. Despite the many accolades to Jules Kounde’s name, we realize that few soccer fans have read his biography. It has been prepared for those who love the game. Let’s get started.
For starters, he bears the nickname ‘Cafu’ due to his style being similar to that of the Brazilian legend. Jules Olivier Kounde was born in the city of Paris, France, on the 12th day of November 1998 to a French mother and a Beninese father.
In less than a year after his birth, Jules Kounde’s family changed their minds about moving to Paris. Several months ago, Jules’s mother moved from Paris to a small village 40 minutes from Bordeaux with a one-year-old boy.
Little Kounde grew up in Landiras, a commune in the Gironde department of Nouvelle-Aquitaine in southwestern France. He had no brothers or sisters during his childhood years. He grew up with a single mother without a father.
When he was a little boy, his neighbors knew he was reserved. The shy boy always took his time to trust people attempting to get close to him. As luck would have it, Football became his escape from his introverted nature. Our boy made new childhood friends thanks to the beautiful game, with whom he laughed, teased, and made fun.
Having grown up alone in Landiras with only his mother implies that he was raised by a single parent. Julius was born into a middle-class family and grew up without suffering from poverty. Truth be told, the defender isn’t the typical successful footballer with a rags-to-riches story.
His mother had always supported Jules Kounde’s choices before he entered his teenage years. Since he was her only child, she could take care of him easily. Kounde’s father never played a critical role in his development, according to Woodgram’s research. With that information in hand, we can conclusively say that his parents may have divorced or separated.
Dani Alves Biography, Age, Wife, Family, Career, Salary, Net Worth & Wiki
Based on his baby-faced appearance, it is easy to tell that the French footballer is multiracial.
Julius is of mixed ancestry, and according to Wikipedia, he is of Beninesian descent. Do you know what this means? The name indicates that Kounde’s father is from West Africa, specifically the Republic of Benin.
As reported by French media outlet Onzemodial, his mother never allowed him to compromise going to school for total football. Jules was a quiet and reserved student, despite being an excellent student. He became withdrawn because of this attitude. The central defender told the following during an interview:
“In school, I was a good student who didn’t like to be questioned on things I didn’t do well. I had very good grades, but sometimes with borderline behavior. There were times I came into conflict with some teachers. But it never really penalized me as I passed my exams. I only attended school for my mum who didn’t want me to quit I stopped my education as soon as I got my baccalaureate.”
At the age of five, he began his journey to stardom. He began playing football in his village at the age of five. He started amateur football with Fraternelle de Landiras until the age of eleven. But Jules had difficulty determining his position when playing for them. At first, he tried all areas until he eventually settled as a goalkeeper.
According to the rising star, it’s a horrible memory. Back in the day, Jules Kounde had a low-level football career with a team that regularly lost games. Losing drove him insane as a kid, as he didn’t enjoy it. Out of anger over his defeat, Jules often vented his frustration on his innocent mother.
“It was a period when I was 9, during which I was terrible with my mother. When I was losing, she’ll notice me pulling my face at home all weekend. It was impossible for her to talk to me as I was a mean child. I remember kicking my mum’s legs when I came home from defeat. I got pissed off and did some awkward stuff. This sad period did last a little while.”
Jules Kounde confessed that his mother took action as the situation worsened. Her son’s anger issues led her to visit a psychiatrist, whom she begged for help. The solution never came so quickly, and young Kounde was advised to change teams.
Funny enough, the Psychiatrist also advised his mother on this: “Kick him back, like that, if he kicks you. He will calm down.”
Things between mother and son have finally returned to normal. While Jules multitasked between studies and football, he changed clubs but remained close to his family. The ambitious boy moved to Cerons in 2009 and stayed for 12 months. As he rose above his teammates, he left for a bigger club, La Bride, which was in a better division.
Due to his desire to earn a living with the game, Jules abandoned his studies at a private high school.
Following that, he pressed harder and got an opportunity for Bordeaux’s U13 trials, which he passed with flying colors.
As a result of his introverted personality, Jules had a tough start to life at Bordeaux. He slowly improved, but at a slow pace. Eventually, his coach asked him to open up, talk more, and communicate better. Kounde had no choice but to be friendly, both on and off the pitch.
Jules said; “I was told that when am not communicating on the pitch, it’s hard to make my teammates feel that I am part of them, and it doesn’t matter if I am good. As a way of helping me talk more, everyone agreed that / must have the captain’s armband. That really helped me.”
Things quickly improved, as the youngster showed massive improvements in communication and aggression management. In 26 matches, he led his team to victory 24 times, including a title with Bordeaux’s youth teams.
Initially, he had a strong career as a senior footballer. Kounde was so lucky to have wonderful coaches who were always there to support him and young stars like Yacine Adli.
The local product quickly established himself as one of the best defenders in Ligue 1. This led to many top clubs circling him like sharks.
A competitive team, Sevilla FC, became the best choice for the rising star who gradually became one of their most important defenders. During the 2019/2020 UEFA Europa League season, Kounde helped the Red-Whites win the competition along with Sergio Reguilen.
With his marvelous sense of anticipation and analytical capacity, the Frenchman continued to be Sevilla’s defense boss after the competition.
In the aftermath of his match, Jules became a priority for Manchester United, who want competition for Victor Lindelof. There is no doubt that we can expect the power header to become the World’s best in the near future. The rest is history, as we say of Jules Kounde’s Bio.
Merely looking at his cute baby-face looks, there is no denying the fact that Jules Kounde wouldn’t be an apple in the eyes of potential girlfriend and wife materials. Since his fame, there is a burning desire to discover who the defender is dating.
Our team has searched over and as of the start of 2021, there are still no signs of a Kounde’s WAG. Is he single? Probably not. Does he have a girlfriend? Probably (yes) a private affair -at least for now. Finally, there are no signs of the Landiras native having any child outside wedlock.
Away from football, his friends and relatives in Landiras describe him as a reserved, calm, and attractive guy. One of his favorite hobbies is tennis. After enjoying racket sports for many years, he admitted it was impossible to continue playing football.
It is pertinent to note that none of his family members (not even his mother) were initially interested in football. When Jules was a kid, he watched Champions League matches on the French television network TF1. This ignited their love of the game.
It is impossible to show off an exotic house (mansion) to fans, wear fanciful clothes, go out nightclubbing, keep girlfriends, etc.
A member of your household you can lean on in good and bad times is one of nature’s masterpieces. He will tell you more facts about his parents and other family members (relatives).
Jules Kounde’s father was absent from his life throughout his childhood, according to research. Thankfully, we found out Jules had a conversation with him when he turned 16.
According to the media sources, he said, “No member of my family ever explained to me my origin since I was born. It was at the age of 16 that my father reached me. He told me I have an origin from Benin, in West Africa. Sadly it is already too late for me to play for the country of my parental grandparents.”
Jules Kounde’s personality is different from his mother’s. As a child, he said that he inherited most of his character traits from his father. While little documentation exists about his father, we are sure he comes from West Africa as well.
Emiliano Sala Biography, Age, Death, Team, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
While the single mother does not watch football, she has been the type to come to nearly all of her son’s matches. She does that whether it’s windy or rainy.
“My mother only became a pro in football a year and a half after I began my pro career. These days, she watches more games than I do. Even matches where I don’t play, my mum is glad to watch them. I remember when my first football wages come in, my mum looked into my account balance and said, ‘but how? That’s too much (laughs). She keeps telling me that. Seeing lots of monies has become normal for me, but for her, no!! My salary shocks her but now she is slowly getting used to it.”
Julius Kounde made the statement about his mother in an interview with the French outlet, Onze-Mondial. Because she is the only one who raised him, he is very proud of her. He received his BAC at the age of 18 after completing his education. The truth is, he could not have accomplished this without his mother.
His grandparents, uncles, and aunt – all living far away in the Benin republic – must have proudly identified themselves as members of his extended family. That must be something they are very proud of. It would be great if Jules visited the Benin Republic and identified with them.
In a French interview, Jules said it would be his dream NOT TO DIE, but to live forever. Eventually, a genius will come up with a miracle serum that will keep everyone alive.
The profile of Jules Kounde, at the age of 21, is quite impressive. The decision to sign him on the FIFA Career Mode would be superb. In a similar category are Eduardo Carnavinga and Wesley Fofana from Leicester.
He has not shown us the cross sign when he enters the field. Additionally, he has not pointed upwards when he scores. Our understanding of the name ‘Oliver’ is that it means ‘Olive Tree’.
Jules Kounde Net Worth
What is his salary in 2022?
Sevilla signed the center back to a five-year deal in July 2019 that netted him a staggering salary of 1.1 Million Euros (923,00 Pounds) per year. According to our calculations, this means he earns €3,014 (£2,529) per day and €126 (£105) per hour!
Salary & Net Worth Updated 2022
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||1.3 Million Euro (1.1 Million Pounds)|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||Not Available|
|Annual Salary||1.1 Million Euros (923,00 Pounds)|
|Per Month Salary||€91,667 (£79,710)|
|Per Week Salary||€21,154 (£18,395)|
|Per Day Salary||€3,014 (£2,621)|
|Per Hour Salary||€125 (£109)|
|Per Minute Salary||€2 (£2)|
|Current Contract||With Sevilla FC|
|Contract Signed||Jul 3, 2019|
|Contract Expires||Jun 30, 2024|
|Contract Signing Amount||€15.00 Million|
|Market Value||€60.00 Million|
|Highest Market Value||€60.00 Million (Mar 19, 2021)|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
He’s done well for himself by making 1.3 million Euros in the net so far. His current market value is about €60.00 million.
N’Golo Kanté Biography, Age, Height, Sister, Family, Net Worth & Wiki
Jules Kounde In FIFA 2022
Julius Koundé is currently 23 years old and plays as a center-back for Sevilla FC of the Spanish league. The player has an overall rating of 83 in FIFA 22 with a potential of 89. Koundé is rated as a 2-star skill move. He prefers to shoot with his right foot rather than his left. I would describe his work rate as High / High. It is estimated that Koundé’s height is 178 cm and his weight is 70 kg according to our database. Jules Koundé is currently playing with the numbers 23 and 25.
His best stats are:
- Jumping: 88
- Interceptions: 86
- Marking: 85
- Stand Tackle: 85
- Reactions: 85
- Additionally, he has played for the young team of Cerons, La Brede FC, and Bordeaux.
- In the Round of 64 of the Coupe de France, where he played for Bordeaux on 7 January 2018, he made his first-group debut for the club.
- It was against Troyes on 13 January 2018 that he made his Ligue 1 debut for Bordeaux.
- He completed the paperwork for the Spanish club Sevilla on 3 July 2019 for the exchange expense which is accounted for to be €25 million.
- In more general terms, he has addressed a number of French clubs at different levels of his career. For example, he addressed the U20 and U21 teams of France. However, he is yet to make his debut in the France senior group.
- I am a very expert football player, and I won the 2019-20 UEFA Europa League with Sevilla.
- Jules Kounde was born on the 12th of November 1998. According to his birth certificate, Jules Olivier Kounde is his original name. According to his birth record, Jules Kounde is a French national. According to his birth certificate, Jules Kounde is a French citizen. According to his horoscope, Jules Kounde is a Scorpio.
- At the age of 5 years old, he started playing football for the young group of Fraternelle de Landiras in 2004 and continued to play there until 2009.
- It was in 2009 that he joined the Cerons young group, where he played for one year.
- He joined the young team of the La Brede FC in 2010 and played there until 2013.
- He then joined the young team of Bordeaux in 2013.
- He was elevated to Bordeaux B after his exhibitions and then to Bordeaux’s first group after that.
- A few days ago, on January 7, 2018, he began with his first-group debut for Bordeaux in a 2-1 defeat away from home against US Granville in the Coupe de France’s Round of 64.
- In the Ligue 1 debut for Bordeaux against Troyes on 13 January 2018, he made his debut as a substitute in the 1-0 away win.
- Having scored his first goal in Ligue 1 as a professional and his first cutthroat goal for Bordeaux in their 3-2 victory over Amiens on 10 February 2018, he became the first player in the club’s history to score a goal in Ligue 1.
- During the 2019-20 UEFA Europa League campaign, Jules Kounde made a great contribution to the success of Sevilla.
- I want to make clear that on 3 July 2019, he was able to complete the paperwork for the exchange charge which is credited to be €25 million for the Spanish club Sevilla.
- The 19-year-old scored his first goal for Sevilla in the first round of the Copa del Rey against Bergantinos on the 18th of December in an away win.
- He scored his first La Liga goal for Sevilla in a 3-0 away win over Getafe on 23 February 2020, his first La Liga goal for the club.
- After his first season with the club in 2020-22, he won the Europa League in his first season with the club.
- In Sevilla’s gathering stage match against Rennes on 9 December 2020, he scored his first Champions League goal for the team with a 3-1 victory.
- He scored a support goal against Barcelona in the first leg of the semi-final of the Copa del Rey on 11 February 2021 in a 2-0 win for Real Madrid.
- It was on 18 May 2021 that Didier Deschamps chose Koundé as part of the 26 players who would form the French national team for UEFA Euro 2020. As a 23-year-old, he made his international debut against Wales in a friendly on 2 June 2021, replacing Benjamin Pavard at the half-time break.
It has been reported that Chelsea is trying to sign Sevilla’s 23-year-old French center-back Jules Kounde and he is the club’s ‘main target’ for the position.
Rumors have been circulating about a cash-plus-player deal for Kurt Zouma, but Sevilla has rejected the offer and wants £80 million for the center-back. Having almost completed the transfer of Romelu Lukaku, Chelsea now turns its attention to Kounde.
According to reports, Chelsea and Sevilla are still in negotiations regarding a potential sale of Jules Kounde, who is also keen to move to Stamford Bridge before the transfer window closes at the end of the month.
Champions League winners Real Madrid are ready to proceed regardless of whether Kurt Zouma agrees to leave for West Ham or not, with the Chelsea forward preferring to stay in England.
Kounde is rated as one of the best young center-backs and would be an excellent addition to the Blues’ defense. It is also worth noting that he has already made 159 senior appearances, has experience in the Champions League and Europa League and has also represented France at Euro 2020.
Chelsea could be bolstered defensively and in-depth by signing Konunde, who will also provide quality in-depth as the club looks to compete in multiple competitions.
We examine three reasons why Jules Kounde can become an instant success at Chelsea.
Julius Kounde is a very versatile defender who can play as a right-back, a center-back, or a left center back. Hence, a 3-4-3 system under Tuchel could really benefit the Frenchman.
Kounde even displayed his versatility when France faced Portugal in the Euro 2020 draw. Didier Deschamps used him as a right-back against the reigning European champions, although he gave away a penalty for handball in the 2-2 draw.
Chelsea could benefit greatly from Kounde’s ability to play in different positions. If Tuchel decides to use the 4-3-3 system for any match, he can cover both Reece James and Cesar Azpilicueta at right-back.
As a result, Chelsea would like to have Jules Kounde at Stamford Bridge to bolster their defensive line with his well-rounded ability and experience to play in different positions.
Antonio Rüdiger Biography, Age, Wife, Parents, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Jules Kounde had one of the best aerial duels records in La Liga despite his small frame last season, something Chelsea can use. His opponent underestimates him, which is why he had such a stellar record. According to an interview with Julius Kounde-
I win more head-to-head duels than Sergio Ramos because the opponents don’t dare play long on Ramos. They must say to themselves, ‘It’s Jules Koundé, he’s not tall, we’re going to take him down in the air. I often feel targeted, I feel it. And sometimes, it is pointed out to me. After games, I am often told that. When I watch my matches again, I realize that I play a lot more aerial duels than the others. They say to themselves that it will be easier against Koundé, and that motivates me.
In his last season of aerial duels, Kounde won 64% of them. This rate is lower than that of Chelsea’s four front-line defenders but the Frenchman competed in more duels than all of them except for Kurt Zouma, who won more aerial duels per game.
Jules Kounde won the second-most aerial duels in La Liga last season among Under-23 players while completing the most headed clearances.
Based on statistics, La Liga’s five most active teams in terms of aerial duels are: Osasuna, Eibar, Alaves, Granada, and Getafe. The statistics indicate that Kounde has won 36 out of his 38 aerial duels against these teams, which is a 53% success rate. He has faced strikers who were significantly taller than him in all of these matches. It is this stat that is likely to bode well for Chelsea as the Premier League is home to some of the most physical and tall strikers in the world.
Chelsea conceded seven goals from set-pieces last season, and Jules Kounde could be a solution in this regard too, thanks to his ability to keep danger at bay in the air.
Although Jules Kounde exhibits the qualities of a ‘complete defender’, he particularly excels at playing out from the back, which is a valuable skill for Chelsea’s 3-4-3 formation.
Compared to other center-backs in Europe’s ‘top 5’ leagues, Jules Kounde ranks in the top 10% for progressive passing distance per 90 minutes (432m), short passes completed per 90 minutes (21.1), and passing completion rate for medium passes per 90 minutes (95.8%).
It is often the case that the Frenchman will like to stride forward with the ball to break down opposition lines. The number of dribbles that he has completed per 90 minutes is among the top 2% among European center-backs.
Julius Kounde loves to spring the long ball, and he is certainly capable of pulling it off, however, he does not yet have the vision that will make him a major threat in the league. Despite this, he often misses out on good runs from his teammates, but this is something he can develop under Thomas Tuchel at Chelsea.
Facts About Jules Kounde
- According to several reports, Chelsea are trying to enter a transfer partnership with Sevilla in order to bring their French center-back Jules Kounde to Stamford Bridge and he is the club’s ‘main target’ for the center-back position.
- Christian tradition depicts the meaning of his name as a symbol of fruitfulness, beauty, and dignity. As we have stated, it is on the basis of this premise that we make the decision to say Jules Kounde is a Christian.
- As we have seen on one occasion, the football player jokingly reminded fans not to mock him for driving a Citroen hatchback.
- The lifestyle of Kounde appears to be similar to that of Ngolo Kante, who is a big fan of everything that is involved with a small car. As you can see, the Les Bleus player portrays an anti-flash attitude through this act.
- In the opinion of the footballer, the woman who gave birth to him wasn’t a careerist like he was. Onze-Mondial reported that Kounde referred to his mother as his financial advisor.
- As well as excelling as a center-back and is one of the best young players at his position, the 23-year-old Frenchman has also shone out as a right-back, earning him the nickname “Cafu” from his teammates, after the legendary Brazilian right back.
- In the early 1980s, he played football for a mediocre team that was routinely defeated by a top-notch team when he was eight years old.
- Since he was frustrated after losing his bet, Jules frequently vented his anger toward his mother as a result of his frustration. His description of those times is that they were “horrible” and he confesses that he was not a good son to his mother.
- Jules’ mother found it difficult to communicate with him when he was enraged, and both were bearing the brunt of this situation.
- In addition to switching teams, because he could not handle losing consistently, he also saw a psychiatrist to treat his anger issues, which are now under control.
- He didn’t know anything about his father or his Beninese roots until he was 16. During that time, Jules’ father reached out to him and spoke with him. He informed Jules that he was of Beninese descent and that if he so desired, he could represent Benin at the national level. Still, Jules had already made up his mind to represent France.
Lucas Hernandez Biography, Age, Height, Wife, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
What is the nationality of Jules kounde?
How old is kounde?
What height is Jules kounde?
Who does kounde play for?
- Sevilla FC
- France national football team
- France national under-21 football team
What foot does kounde use?
A naturally right-sided center-half, Koundé plays on the side of his stronger foot.
Is Jules kounde good in the air?
In aerial contests, he wins most of his duels, and alongside Carlos, he makes Julen Lopetegui’s team formidable in the air. When he makes aerial clearances he is capable of directing the ball far enough away from the goal that the threat of second balls is minimal.
When he was a child, Jules was more of a perfectionist, one who would become irate whenever his team lost a game. In this sense, it was a matter of winning the game or fighting with his mother that mattered most. He realized that winning, losing, and teamwork are all important aspects of the game as he grew up.
There is one thing that Jules Kounde’s biography teaches us. In order to be a successful footballer, you need to have a dogged mentality in order to succeed. This is something that Julius learned from his childhood experiences.
As well as from his idols, Sergio Ramos and Raphael Varane his big brother. More specifically, growing up with a single parent, with the absence of a father figure, shaped him.
In this discussion of the life story of one of the most promising soccer jewels in the Republic of La Republique, we thank you for staying with us. When it comes to reporting on your favorite French footballers, we at Woodgram always strive to be accurate and fair in the way we do so.
We appreciate your time spent reading Woodgram’s biography of Jules Kounde. While compiling this memoir and those of other French footballers, our team ensured accuracy and fairness.
Please contact us if you notice anything that doesn’t look right in Jules Kounde’s bio. Also, let us know what you think about the footballer in the comments section. Last but not least, stay tuned for more football stories from Woodgram.