Alex Chuka Iwobi, a professional football player from Nigeria who now plays as a midfielder for Premier League side Everton and the Nigerian national team, was born on May 3, 1996. Iwobi started his professional career at Arsenal, where he made 149 appearances, netted 15 goals, won the FA Cup in 2017, and scored in the 2019 UEFA Europa League Final.
He moved to Everton in August 2019 with an initial £28 million cost. Iwobi competed for England until he was 18 years old. In October 2015, he made his senior national team debut for Nigeria. He then participated in their rosters at the 2018 FIFA World Cup and the 2019 and 2021 Africa Cup of Nations, where they placed third.
Alex Iwobi Bio/Wiki
[table id=5163 /]
Iwobi was born in Lagos and lived there until he was four years old when he moved to England after a brief sojourn in Turkey.
He was raised in Newham, London. Jay-Jay Okocha, a former professional football player, is his maternal uncle.
Alex Iwobi Net Worth
The range of Alex Iwobi’s net worth or income is thought to be between £10,000,000. However, his major occupation as a soccer player has brought him a significant amount of wealth.
[table id=5165 /]
Alex Iwobi FIFA 22 Stats
In FIFA 22, Alex Iwobi has an overall rating of 75 and his potential is also 76.
[table id=5164 /]
- Iwobi joined Arsenal in 2004 while still in elementary school, and was almost let go by the team at the ages of 14 and 16.
- On September 25, 2013, he made his debut for the first team as an unused replacement in a League Cup game against West Bromwich Albion.
- In October 2015, he committed to a long-term agreement with Arsenal.
- Iwobi made his first-team debut for the squad on October 27, 2015, starting in the Round of 16 League Cup loss to Sheffield Wednesday by a score of 3-0.
- Four days later, in a 3-0 victory over Swansea City at the Liberty Stadium, he made his Premier League debut by replacing Mesut Ozil in stoppage time.
- Iwobi and Everton agreed to a five-year contract on August 8, 2019.
- Arsenal reportedly paid an initial sum of £28 million, which may increase to £34 million with add-ons, according to the BBC.
- Iwobi made his debut in a 2-0 loss against Aston Villa fifteen days after joining by replacing Gylfi Sigursson for the final 30 minutes.
- In a 4-2 victory over Lincoln City on August 28 in the second round of the EFL Cup, he netted his first Everton goal.
- On September 1, he scored his first league goal in a 3-2 victory over Wolverhampton Wanderers, and manager Marco Silva singled out two players for commendation after the game.
- Iwobi began his career as a young international for England, with whom he won the 2011 Victory Shield.
- He was qualified to represent either England or his country of origin, Nigeria.
- Iwobi had 11 junior England caps before deciding to sign with Nigeria in 2015.
- On October 8, he made his Super Eagles senior debut, coming on to replace Ahmed Musa in the 57th minute of a 2-0 friendly loss to the Democratic Republic of the Congo at Visé, Belgium.
- He was chosen by Nigeria for their 35-man preliminary Olympic team in 2016.
- He wasn’t a member of the final 18-man roster.
- Iwobi withdrew from the Nigerian World Cup qualifying team in August 2017 owing to an injury.
- Iwobi’s goal in Nigeria’s 1-0 victory against Zambia in October 2017 earned the Super Eagles a berth in the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.
- He was included in Nigeria’s 23-man roster for the tournament and played in all three of the Super Eagles games as they were eliminated from the group round.
- He declared in April 2019 that he aimed to win the Africa Cup of Nations in the footsteps of his uncle Jay-Jay Okocha.
- He was a member of Nigeria’s team for the 2019 competition.
- He declared throughout the event that he would disregard the Nigerian team’s status as the favorite.
Alex Iwobi Awards
- FA Cup: 2016–17
- FA Community Shield: 2015, 2017
- EFL Cup runner-up: 2017–18
- UEFA Europa League runner-up: 2018–19
- Victory Shield: 2011
- Africa Cup of Nations: third place 2019
- CAF Youth Player of the Year: 2016
- CAF Team of the Year: 2016 (as a substitute)
He is currently 27 years old (as of 2023).
He is 180 cm tall.
He plays as a forward.
After his transfer to Everton FC, his net worth is £10,000,000 (as of 2023).