Aaron Christopher Ramsdale (born 14 May 1998) is an English football goalkeeper for the Premier League club Arsenal and the England national team. Ramsdale began his professional club career with Sheffield United before joining AFC Bournemouth in 2017. Following loans to Chesterfield and AFC Wimbledon, Ramsdale spent a season with Bournemouth before returning to Sheffield United in an £18 million deal.
Ramsdale joined Arsenal in a club-record deal worth up to £30 million in 2021, becoming the club’s most expensive goalkeeper. Ramsdale has represented England at all levels, from under-18 to senior, winning the UEFA European Under-19 Championship in 2017 and finishing as runner-up at UEFA Euro.
Aaron Ramsdale Bio/Wiki
|Birth Name||Aaron Christopher Ramsdale|
|Nick Name||Aaron Ramsdale|
|Age (as of 2023)||25 years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Taurus|
|Birth Place||Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom|
|Date of Birth||14 May 1998|
|Hobbies||Music and Gym|
|Father's Name||Nick Ramsdale|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Jersey Number||• England - 13|
• Arsenal FC - 1
|Current Team(s)||• England|
• Arsenal FC
|League level||First Tier|
|Caps/Goals||3 / 0|
|Career Manager/ Player Agent||World in Motion|
|Traits||• Solid Player|
• Rushes Out Of Goal
• Comes For Crosses
|Style Of Play||None|
Height and Weight
|Height||• in meters - 1.88 m|
• in feet inches - 6ft 2ins
|Weight||• in kilograms - 77 kg|
• in pounds - 170 lbs
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||British|
|Chest Size||40 inches|
|Biceps Size||14 inches|
|Waist Size||32 inches|
|Favorite Playing Position||Goalkeeper|
|Favorite Car||Not Available|
|Favorite Drinks||Red Wine|
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand||Iphone|
- UEFA European Under-19 Championship: 2017
- Toulon Tournament: 2018
- UEFA European Championship runner-up: 2020
- AFC Bournemouth Supporters’ Player of the Year: 2019–20
- Sheffield United Player of the Year: 2020–21
- Sheffield United Young Player of the Year: 2020–21
Aaron Ramsdale Net Worth
The range of Aaron Ramsdale’s net worth or income is thought to be between €12,000,000. However, his major occupation as a soccer player has brought him a significant amount of wealth.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||€12,000,000|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||€10,000,000|
|Salary Per Year (Approx)||€2,400,000|
|Salary Per Month (Approx)||€200,000|
|Salary per Week||€46,154|
|Salary Per Day||€6,575|
|Salary Per Day||€5|
|Contract Signed/Extension||Aug 20, 2021|
|Contract Expires||Jun 30, 2025|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
Aaron Ramsdale FIFA 22 Stats
In FIFA 22, Aaron Ramsdale has an overall rating of 82 and his potential is also 86.
FIFA 22 Stats
Overall Rating In FIFA 22
Potential In FIFA 22
|15||Heading Accuracy||16||FK Accuracy|
|54||Short Passing||54||Long Passing|
|20||Defensive Awareness||15||Sliding Tackle|
- Ramsdale joined Sheffield United in 2013 after playing for Bolton Wanderers’ development squad.
- In May 2014, Ramsdale secured a scholarship with Sheffield United after graduating from the club’s development program.
- During the 2015-16 season, Ramsdale was an unused replacement against Coventry City and Scunthorpe United.
- He earned his first professional deal with the club in May 2016.
- Ramsdale made his professional debut in the FA Cup, starting and keeping a clean sheet in a 6-0 home win over Leyton Orient.
- He also appeared in the FA Cup against Bolton Wanderers but lost 3-2.
- AFC Bournemouth signed him on January 31, 2017, for an undisclosed price reported to be in the region of £800,000.
- However, the relocation was said to cost £1 million.
- Ramsdale was on the bench for Leicester City’s last game of the 2016-17 season.
- Ramsdale made his Premier League and complete debut for Bournemouth on the first day of the 2019-20 season, in a 1-1 draw against old club Sheffield United.
- Ramsdale established himself as Bournemouth’s first choice keeper in the first few months of the 2019-20 season, starting every Premier League game for the club until the match against Watford on January 12th, when he was forced to withdraw due to injury.
Loans to Chesterfield and Wimbledon
- Ramsdale was loaned out to Chesterfield for the remainder of the 2017-18 season during the January 2018 transfer window.
- On 6 January 2018, Ramsdale made his Chesterfield debut against Accrington Stanley, but scored an own goal after “allowing an apparently innocuous Jackson shot from the right to slither into the net” in a 4-0 loss.
- A week later, he preserved a clean sheet in a 2-0 win over Luton Town.
- Ramsdale made 19 appearances for the team in League Two during the 2017-18 season, but was ultimately unable to prevent the club from being relegated to the National League.
- Ramsdale signed a long-term contract with Premier League team Arsenal on August 20, 2021.
- Five days later, he made his debut against West Bromwich Albion in the 2021-22 EFL Cup, keeping a clean sheet as Arsenal triumphed 6-0.
- On September 11, he made his Premier League debut and preserved another clean sheet as Arsenal defeated Norwich City 1-0 at the Emirates Stadium.
- After a string of league clean sheets, he allowed his first goal in a 3-1 home win against Tottenham Hotspur in the North London derby on September 26.
- Ramsdale has represented England at the U18, U19, U20, and U21 levels.
- He was called up to England U18 for the first time in March 2016, and made his debut in a 4-1 win against Republic of Ireland U18 on March 27, 2016.
- He went on to play twice for the England U18 squad.
- Ramsdale was called up to England U19 in August 2016, and made his debut on September 4, 2016, in a 1-0 loss against Belgium U19.
- Ramsdale started all five games for England’s under-19 squad as they won the 2017 UEFA European Under-19 Championship, keeping three clean sheets in five matches.
- Ramsdale was called up by England after winning the UEFA European U19 Championship.
- Ramsdale was included to Gareth Southgate’s 33-man provisional senior squad for the postponed UEFA Euro 2020 on May 25, 2021.
- He was not included to the final 26-man squad, with goalkeepers Dean Henderson, Sam Johnstone, and Jordan Pickford chosen ahead of him, but he was called up to the squad one game into the tournament after Henderson withdrew due to injury.
- On November 15, 2021, Ramsdale made his senior squad debut, starting in a 10-0 away victory over San Marino during the 2022 World Cup qualifiers.
He is currently 25 years old (as of 2023).
He is 188 cm tall.
He plays as a goalkeeper.
After his transfer to Arsenal FC, his net worth is €12,000,000 (as of 2023).