Damián Emiliano Martinez Romero (born 2 September 1992) is an Argentine professional football goalkeeper for Premier League club Aston Villa. Martínez was a member of Independiente’s youth ranks before joining Arsenal in 2010. He served as an understudy at Arsenal, being loaned out to several English clubs, before breaking into the starting line-up in 2019, helping them win a FA Cup and FA Community Shield.
In September 2020, Martínez joined fellow Premier League club Aston Villa for £20 million. During his first season at the club, he kept 15 clean sheets in the Premier League. Martínez was an Argentina youth international, representing his country at both the under-17 and under-20 levels. In 2021, he made his senior national team debut, helping his country win the Copa América and winning the Golden Glove, keeping a clean sheet in the final.
Emiliano Martinez Bio/Wiki
|Birth Name||Damián Emiliano Martínez Romero|
|Nick Name||• Dibu|
|Age||31 (as in 2023) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Virgo|
|Born Place||Mar del Plata, Argentina|
|Date of Birth||2 September 1992|
|Residence||Mar del Plata, Argentina|
|Home Town||Mar del Plata, Argentina|
|Hobbies||Watching Movies, Horse Riding, Swimming|
|Mother’s Name||Susana Martinez|
|Father’s Name||Alberto Martinez|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Amanda “Mandinha” Martinez|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Wife/Spouse||Amanda “Mandinha” Martinez|
|Children||Daughters- Ava Martinez|
Sons- Santi Martinez
|Educational Qualification||Not Available|
|Career Manager/ Player Agent||Twenty Two S.A.|
|Debut Club||• 2020: Aston Villa|
|Debut International||• 2021: Argentina national football team|
|Jersey Number||• 26 (Aston Villa)|
• 23 (Argentina national football team)
|Current Team(s)||• Aston Villa|
• Argentina national football team
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 193 cm|
in meters- 1.93 m
in feet inches- 6’4”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 88 kg|
in pounds- 194 lbs
|Chest Size||40 inches|
|Biceps Size||14 inches|
|Waist Size||30 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Argentine|
|Distinctive Features||Not Available|
|Dress Size||9 UK|
|Shoe Size||12 U.S.|
|Favorite Playing Position||Goalkeeper|
|Favorite Car||Not Available|
|Favorite Food||Fruits and Veg|
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand||Iphone|
Emiliano Martinez biography provides details about his childhood, early life, parents, family life, love life (wife), children, net worth, and lifestyle.
In this article, we will examine the goalkeeper’s life story beginning from his early years to his rise to fame and wealth.
There is no doubt that his impressive ball control and calm demeanor are well known. However, few people have read Emiliano Martinez’s biography, which is quite interesting. I will begin without further ado.
Ollie Watkins Biography, Height, Club, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Childhood Story of Emiliano Martinez
To begin with, he is known as “Martininho” in his biography. He was born on the 2nd of September 1992 to his mother, Susana, and father, Alberto, in the city of Mar del Plata, Province of Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Emiliano Martinez’s beautiful mother alongside himself when he was a baby, in case you haven’t seen her before.
Family Origins of Emiliano Martinez
The shot-stopper is a bonafide citizen of Argentina. According to research conducted to determine Martinez’s ethnic background, he is predominantly white.
Argentina’s eastern region is dominated by this ethnic group.
Childhood and adolescence of Emiliano Martinez
Was Martinho, as he is known, raised in his birthplace, Mar del Plata, along with his brother Alejandro?
Due to the fact that he grew up in poverty, the goalkeeper does not have fond memories of his childhood. The Martinez family was poor, to put it simply.
When he talks about how he began playing football at an early age, he always smiles.
Family background of Emiliano Martinez
Goalie comes from a poor family. As a result, his family suffered a great deal financially. Over the inability to pay his bills, he has seen his father cry late at night.
The young goalkeeper will never forget that night because it wasn’t a good sight to see.
The Goalkeeping Story of Emiliano Martinez
When he began his career building at CA Independiente, the youngster bore the financial hopes of his family.
He dreamed of a future in football with all the goodies that come with it at the club.
Early Career Years of Emiliano Martinez
His career was already on the right track by the time he was 16 years old. A scout from Arsenal noticed him when he was playing for Argentina Under 17s.
Martinez was flown to the London club for trials, and he impressed. He was quickly signed up by the Gunners for £1.1 million, and Club Atletico Independiente was willing to part with him.
The Road to Fame of Emiliano Martinez
It was difficult for the then youngster to adjust to his new club. The teenager had no knowledge of English and was frightened. It was a challenging first year for him at the club since his family was far away.
Martinez wasn’t even permitted to play any professional games until he turned 18, due to his lack of a European passport. Due to this, he was forced to play only friendlies.
He was sent on loan to Oxford United in 2012, where he got his first taste of senior English football. The same year, he made his League Cup debut against Coventry City.
The rest of Martinez’s career was nothing to write home about. A number of clubs across England loaned him out for years. Sheffield Wednesday, Rotherham United, Wolverhampton Wanderers, Getafe, and Reading are among them.
As a backup goalkeeper, “Martininho” never gained promotion to the starting lineup.
It wasn’t until Bernd Leno suffered a serious injury in June 2020 that Martinez finally got a chance. Martinez took full advantage of the opportunity and put on a stellar performance the rest of the season.
He made crucial saves that helped Arsenal win their 14th FA Cup title during his impressive spell.
It is now Martinez’s right to demand all the playing time he can get as a reliable starter for the Gunners.
Even after the first-choice keeper recovers, he could challenge for the position. Regardless of how things turn out for him, the rest will always be history.
What is the name of Emiliano Martinez’s wife?
In terms of the goalkeeper’s love life, few are aware that he is married to Mandinha Martinez.
The couple met and began dating in 2016, but we don’t know when they got married.
Children of Emiliano Martinez – who are they?
Mandinha Martinez, Emiliano Martinez’s wife, is the CEO of MiSuennos Kids, a company that specializes in kid’s interior design. She is also a mother to Martinez’s two children. There is a son – Santi Emiliano Martinez (born in 2018) and another child (born in April 2020).
For goalies, family always comes first and football comes last. There is no difference between the case and our profile of interest.
Parents of Emiliano Martinez
Susana and Alberto are the goalie’s mom and dad. In times of abundance and in times of lack, they have stood by each other’s sides.
Emiliano Martinez’s parents are supportive of his career and will sacrifice anything to make it happen.
A few years ago, Martinez recalls that his mother went hungry to make sure he and his brother ate that day.
Thus, it is not surprising that the goalkeeper shares news of his victories with his family.
Emiliano Martinez’s Siblings
Alejandro, the goalie’s little-known brother, grew up with the goalie. Rarely does he speak of the sibling we trust to be one of his biggest fans? Alejandro’s Instagram page shows that he is interested in cars and racing.
About Emiliano Martinez Relatives
Besides the goalie’s immediate family, details of his ancestry are unknown, particularly concerning his maternal and paternal grandparents.
Moreover, little is known about Martinez’s uncles, aunts, cousins, nephews, and nieces.
Jack Grealish Biography, Age, Height, Wife, Family, Net Worth & Wiki
Emiliano Martinez Net Worth
In 2023, what will his salary be?
He signed a contract with Aston Villa in 2020 netting him 575,000 Euros (500,000 Pounds) per year. According to our calculations, he earns €1,571 (£1,368) per day and €65 (£57) per hour.
Salary & Net Worth Updated 2023
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||2 Million Euro (1.7 Million Pound)|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||1.5 Million Euro (1.2 Million Pound)|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||Not Available|
|Annual Salary||575,000 Euro (500,000 Pound)|
|Per Month Salary||€47,917 (£41,667)|
|Per Week Salary||€11,058 (£9,615)|
|Per Day Salary||€1,575 (£1,370)|
|Per Hour Salary||€66 (£57)|
|Per Minute Salary||€1 (£1)|
|Current Contract||With Aston Villa|
|Contract Signed||Sep 16, 2020|
|Contract Expires||Jun 30, 2027|
|Contract Signing Amount or Transfer Fee||$30.80 Million|
|Market Value||$30.80 Million|
|Highest Market Value||$38.50 Million (Jul 16, 2021)|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
|Cars Collection||Not Available|
Despite playing professional football for quite some time, he has never really made it big. This lad is still comfortably a millionaire, so we don’t have to feel sorry for him. As of now, he has a net worth of around 2 million Euros (1.7 million pounds).
Due to the fact that he has not made a name for himself despite being signed by Arsenal years ago, we think his market value is rather low. The amount of his net worth is estimated to be around $30.80 million.
Emiliano Martinez FIFA 22 Potential And Rating
Currently, Emiliano Martnez is 31 years old, playing as a goalkeeper for Aston Villa in England. According to FIFA 22, he has an overall rating of 84 and a potential rating of 84. Martinez has a one-star skillmove rating.
Emiliano Martinez FIFA 22 Stats
Emiliano Martinez Overall Rating In FIFA 22
Emiliano Martinez Potential In FIFA 22
|26||Heading Accuracy||20||FK Accuracy|
|50||Short Passing||51||Long Passing|
His right foot is his preferred shooting foot. His workrate is Medium / Medium. According to our database, Martinez is 195 cm tall and weighs 88 kg. Currently, Emiliano Martínez is playing with the numbers 26 and 23.
Lisandro Martinez Biography, Age, Height, Parents, Wife, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Mar del Plata-born Martinez started his career with Independiente’s youth squad and was invited to trial with Arsenal after his 17th birthday. He was initially offered a youth contract.
- As a result of injuries to Ryan Clarke and Wayne Brown, and the termination of Connor Ripley’s loan, Martinez was sent on emergency loan to Oxford United, making his EFL debut against Port Vale in League Two on 5 May 2012.
- Martinez was chosen as a substitute for Wojciech Szczesny and Ukasz Fabiaski for Arsenal’s games at Stoke City and Liverpool later that year.
- Against Coventry City in the third round of the League Cup, he made his Arsenal debut on 26 September.
- The following round, he played in a 7–5 victory at Reading for his second Arsenal appearance. Martinez was subsequently loaned to Championship team Sheffield Wednesday for 28 days on 15 October 2013.
- On 23 November, he made his Wednesday debut against Yorkshire rivals Huddersfield Town. The loan of Martinez was eventually extended until the end of the season.
- During Arsenal’s 3–0 win over Manchester City at Wembley Stadium on 10 August 2014, Martinez was an unused substitute.
- In the group stage of the Champions League, he helped Arsenal defeat Anderlecht 2–1.
- On 22 November, he made his Premier League debut as a 2nd half substitute, replacing the injured Szczesny.
- Due to injuries to backup goalkeeper David Ospina, Martnez played his second Champions League game on 26 November, keeping a clean sheet as Borussia Dortmund lost 2–0.
- As a result of his “faultless” performance, he was named to the UEFA Team of the Week.
- As Arsenal won both matches 1–0, he kept two clean sheets in his first Premier League start against West Bromwich Albion on 29 November and Southampton four days later.
- On 20 March 2015, Martinez joined Championship club Rotherham United on an emergency loan.
- In a 3–2 loss at home to South Yorkshire rivals Sheffield Wednesday the following day, he made his debut.
- Martinez did not play as a substitute for Arsenal in the 2015 FA Community Shield in a 1–0 win over rivals Chelsea on 2 August.
- He joined Wolverhampton Wanderers on a season-long loan on 11 August.
- He made 15 appearances in the opening months of the campaign before suffering a thigh injury that kept him out of contention for several months.
- During the 2016–17 season, he played five games for his parent club, including a Premier League appearance against West Ham.
- He was loaned to La Liga side Getafe on 2 August 2017, and on 23 January 2019, he was loaned to Championship side Reading.
- On 29 January, Martnez made his Reading debut against Bolton Wanderers and won Man of the Match against Aston Villa a few days later.
- After Bernd Leno was injured during Arsenal’s first-half defeat to Brighton & Hove Albion on 20 June 2020, Martnez came off the bench to make his first Premier League appearance since 2016–17.
- He was praised by former Arsenal striker Ian Wright for a string of stellar performances, including being described as “commanding” and playing “brilliantly” during his extended spell at the club.
- In the FA Cup Final against Chelsea on 1 August, Martinez made some crucial saves to help Arsenal win their 14th FA Cup; after lifting the trophy, Martinez was visibly emotional and in tears.
- He started Arsenal’s Community Shield match against Liverpool on 29 August, which Arsenal won on penalties.
- Bernd Leno returned to the club following the match, and Martnez himself stated that he either wanted to stay at the club and be the first-choice keeper or leave permanently.
- On the opening day of the new season, Martinez was left out of the squad to face Fulham because of interest from several Premier League and foreign clubs.
- In a deal worth up to £20 million, Martinez joined fellow Premier League club Aston Villa on 16 September 2020.
- He signed a four-year contract. On 21 September, Martnez made his debut for Villa, saving a penalty from John Lundstram against Sheffield United.
- As well as being named Aston Villa Supporters’ Player of the Season, Martinez equalled Brad Friedel’s club record for clean sheets in a Premier League season.
- Martinez signed a 3 year contract extension on 21 January 2022, making him a Villa player until the end of the 2026-27 season.
- Martnez was called up to the Argentina senior squad to replace Oscar Ustari in June 2011.
- On 9 and 13 October 2019, he received a second senior call-up against Germany and Ecuador.
- In both friendly matches, he was an unused substitute.
- Martínez made his international debut on 3 June 2021 against Chile in a 2022 FIFA World Cup qualification match.
- As a result, he made his competitive debut in a major tournament on 14 June, once again in a 1–1 draw against the same opponent in his team’s opening Copa América match.
- He saved a penalty from Arturo Vidal in the 57th minute, but Eduardo Vargas scored on the rebound.
- He saved three spot kicks in a 3–2 penalty shootout victory for Argentina over Colombia in the semi-finals on 6 July.
- After winning the final 1–0 over Brazil, he finished the tournament with a clean sheet.
- He was also awarded the 2021 Copa América’s Golden Glove award as the best keeper at the tournament.
Lautaro Martinez Biography, Age, Height, Wife, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Facts About Emiliano Martinez
The personal life of Emiliano Martinez
In the world outside of football, who is “Martininho”? How would you describe his character when he is not on the pitch?
Does he have a life other than standing in between sticks and pulling impressive saves all the time? A good way to describe Martinez’s persona is to describe him as a calm, fun-loving, emotionally intelligent individual who is open to revealing details about his personal and private life in order to gain the respect of others.
There is more to it than that, isn’t there? Like most individuals who are born under the Virgo Zodiac sign, he has a positive outlook on life and knows how to bide his time as best he can.
Besides spending time with family and friends, Martinez enjoys watching movies, traveling, keeping up with racing games, and playing table tennis, among other interests and hobbies, as well as spending time with family and friends.
Lifestyle of Emiliano Martinez
The next thing to talk about is how the goalie makes and spends his money. Also, the goalie receives a steady flow of income from endorsements, which is another source of income.
So it shouldn’t come as a surprise to see him flaunt an expensive Corvette and Mercedez parked in the garage of his London apartment that he owns.
It is no secret that Martinez is a big fan of animals, particularly dogs. In addition to training his dog in their green garden, he also takes Instagram-worthy photos of the pet in the garden. It can be seen in one of those photos that the dog is wearing gloves on his hands.
An interesting fact
Would you believe that the goalie shares his birth year -1992 with a number of non-sporting celebrities as well? Among them are Selena Gomez, Cardi B, Miley Cyrus, and Demi Lovato, to name a few.
The summer Olympics were held in Barcelona, Spain during that year while the winter Olympics were held in Albertville, France during that year.
Religion of Emiliano Martinez
As of yet, Emiliano Martinez has not been associated with a particular religion. Therefore, it is impossible to say conclusively whether he is a believer or not in the religion of Islam.
But there is a very good chance that Emiliano Martinez’s parents had probably raised him as a Christian, so the odds of him being raised that way are very high.
Emiliano Sala Biography, Age, Death, Team, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Martinez was given the nickname as a young player by former goalkeeper and goalkeeper coach Miguel Angel Santoro at Club Atlético Independiente, at a time when the series was highly popular. Martínez signed a sponsorship deal with Puma in 2018. Martínez has been married to Amanda “Mandinha” (née Gama) since 2017.
As a Goalkeeper, Damian Emiliano Martinez has conceded 18 goals and kept 3 clean sheets in 15 matches in the Premier League 2022/2023 season. That means when Martinez Romero is in goal, his team conceded a goal every 72 minutes. Damian Emiliano Martinez’s per 90 minutes goals conceded stat is 1.25.
Emiliano Martinez’s biography teaches us that we need to mentally prepare for life’s challenges. Moreover, it is normal for aspiring footballers to encounter roadblocks on the way to becoming professionals.
Emiliano Martinez’s parents prepared him for life by being doggedly persistent.
In the story, the Argentine was able to overcome many rejections by strengthening his character and lowering his expectations.
During the process of writing Emiliano Martinez’s bio, we discovered something about him – one of his most prominent characteristics.
It is nothing other than his forgiving spirit. Despite coming from a humble family, the footballer has shown us that he has a great attitude.
Here Is An Appreciation Note For Your Consideration
Thank you for reading this engaging article about the life journey of the Argentine goalkeeper. Hopefully, Emiliano Martinez’s childhood story has made you believe that patience and persistence can overcome anything.
At WoodGram, we strive for fairness and accuracy in our biographies. Feel free to contact us or leave a comment below if you found anything fishy in this article on Emiliano.