Wout Faes (born 3 April 1998) is a Belgian professional footballer who now plays for Premier League side Leicester City as well as the Belgium national team.
Faes, a potential player from the Anderlecht academy, rose to prominence as captain of the Belgian national youth teams. He made his senior debut in the Eredivisie on loan with Heerenveen, but he never broke through with Anderlecht. As a result, he relocated to Oostende, where he developed into a reliable starter. Faes was recruited by Ligue 1 team Reims in January 2020.
Wout Faes Bio/Wiki
[table id=5459 /]
- FIFA U-17 World Cup third place: 2015
- Stade de Reims Player of the Season: 2021–22
Wout Faes Net Worth
The range of Wout Faes’s net worth or income is thought to be between €1,800,000. However, his major occupation as a soccer player has brought him a significant amount of wealth.
[table id=5427 /]
Wout Faes FIFA 22 Stats
In FIFA 22, Wout Faes has an overall rating of 77 and his potential is also 82.
[table id=5408 /]
- Faes was loaned out by Anderlecht to Dutch Eredivisie side Heerenveen for the second half of the 2016-17 season.
- Anderlecht did not provide a purchase option.
- Faes made his Eredivisie debut on April 1, 2017.
- In the 35th minute, he came on as a substitute for Reza Ghoochannejhad against Heracles Almelo.
- The defender was subsequently promoted to the starting lineup for the remainder of the regular season.
- His last game for Heerenveen was the first leg of the European football play-off semi-final versus Utrecht.
- Heerenveen eventually lost twice against Utrecht, resulting in the club’s exclusion from the UEFA Europa League that season.
- Faes chose to leave Anderlecht permanently in the summer of 2018, signing a three-year contract with first-tier club Oostende, where he was reunited with Gert Verheyen, his former national youth team coach.
- Verheyen had also insisted on the club signing Faes.
- Faes established himself as a regular in the center of the defense in Ostend.
- He missed just five league games in his debut season, three due to suspension and two owing to a minor foot ailment.
- He also helped the team to the semi-finals of the Belgian Cup, when they were only eliminated after a penalty shootout against Gent.
- Faes was also a key player for Oostende in the 2019-20 season.
- Faes made his Ligue 1 debut on August 23, 2020, in a 2-2 away draw against Monaco, after officially joining Reims at the start of the 2020-21 season.
- On November 1, he scored his first goal for the club in a 2-1 home win over Strasbourg, with a powerful header from Valon Berisha’s corner kick.
- He ended his debut season at Reims with 35 games and two goals, helping the team finish 14th in the league.
- Faes also played in the Europa League qualifications with Reims, who were eliminated in the third round by Fehérvár.
- Faes signed a five-year contract with Premier League team Leicester City on September 1, 2022, for a reported sum of £15 million.
- He made his debut for the club in a 6-2 loss against Tottenham Hotspur.
- Faes made his international tournament debut with Belgium U17s in the 2015 U-17 World Cup in Chile.
- He was called up to the senior Belgium squad for the 2022 FIFA World Cup qualifying matches against Estonia and Wales on November 13 and 16, respectively.
He is currently 25 years old (as of 2023).
He is 187 cm tall.
He plays as a defender.
After his transfer to Leicester City, his net worth is €1,800,000 (as of 2023).