Croatian footballer Mario Pasalic (born 9 February 1995) plays midfield for Serie A club Atalanta and the national team. Pasalic grew up in Kastel Gomilica, Croatia, but was born in Mainz, Germany. Originally from Sarajlije near Tomislavgrad, his father Ivan is a Bosnian Croat. Slavica, his mother, is from Vrlika. He is the cousin of fellow footballer Ivan Krstanovic. On the island of Ciovo, Pasalic married his longtime girlfriend Marija Grbesa in June 2019.
After starting his career at Hajduk Split, he moved to Chelsea for a reported £3 million in 2014. In addition to Elche, Monaco, Milan, Spartak Moscow, and Atalanta, Chelsea loaned him out. Between 2018 and 2020, he played for Bergamasque for two seasons before joining the club permanently in 2020–21. A UEFA Euro 2020 representative in 2014, Pasalic debuted for Croatia at the senior international level.
Mario Pasalic Bio/Wiki
The table below reveals concise information about Mario Pasalic. It gives you the ability to read through the Croatian footballer profile as fast as possible.[table id=4338 /]
Mario Pasalic Net Worth
In 2023, what will Mario Pasalic’s salary be?
In Sep 2020 Mario Pasalic signed a contract with Atalanta BC that ends in 2025 and netted him a whopping salary of £2,696,000 per year. We have crunched the numbers, this means he earns £7,406 per day and £308 per hour![table id=4339 /]
His stock is on the rise thanks to his performances on the pitch. Mario Pasalic has an estimated net worth of around $8 Million, and his market value is about $30.80 million.
Mario Pasalic FIFA 22 Stats – Potential And Rating
Currently, Mario Pasalic is 28 years old and plays for Bergamo Calcio in Italy. Currently, he has an overall rating of 80 in FIFA 22 with a potential rating of 80. A 4-star rating has been given to Pasalic for his skill moves.[table id=4340 /]
Whenever he shoots, he prefers to use his right foot. His workrate is Medium / Medium. Our database estimates Pasalic’s height at 188 cm and his weight at 82 kg. Mario Pasalic plays with numbers 88 and 15 at the moment.
Mario Pasalic Wife Marija Grbesa
In 2019, Mario Pasalic married his long-term girlfriend Marija Grbesa.
After Pasalic and Grbesa tied the knot in Ciovo’s church, guests moved to a sailboat where they spent the rest of the night.
Marija often posts photos of herself on trips on her Instagram account, showing her passion for traveling. Grbesa was very supportive of Pasalic’s work due to his frequent appearances in the stadium.
Marija is also more visible through her Instagram account, where she shows off her WAG status.
Mario Pasalic and Marija Grbesa blessed by a son named Luka on 15 Feb 2022.
- In 2006, Pasalic joined Hajduk Split’s youth academy from county club NK GOSK Kastel Gomilica.
- Despite being a midfielder, he became a youth international in 2011–12 after scoring 17 goals for his national under-17 team and scoring the winner for his national under-19 team against Hrvatski Dragovoljac to win the top title.
- As a result of the staphylococcus infection he contracted during the preseason, Pasalic was sidelined for the first half of the 2012–13 season.
- On 14 April 2013, he replaced Ivan Vukovic in the 90th minute of a 2–1 victory against Cibalia as a professional.
- The 2013–14 season saw Pasalic play 36 matches in all competitions for Hajduk, scoring 11 goals and assisting five others. He signed a four-year professional contract with Hajduk in the summer of 2013.
- Against city rivals RNK Split on 8 February 2014, he scored two goals in a 2–1 victory. He did the same against Dinamo Zagreb on 14 September 2013.
Pasalic was signed by Chelsea for an undisclosed fee on 9 July 2014. As soon as he signed with Chelsea, Pasalic said, “I am very happy to be a Chelsea player.”
Loan to Elche
- A season-long loan agreement was signed between Pasalic and Elche on 22 July 2014.
- After starting and being booked in a 0–3 away loss against Barcelona on 25 August, he made his La Liga debut on 27 August.
- In a 2–0 win over Cordoba on 12 April 2015, Pasalic scored his first goal in Spanish football’s top flight.
- Deportivo de La Coruna won 4–0 on 29 April 2015 thanks to Pasalic’s goal.
- Against Malaga, he scored a late goal that turned out to be the winning goal in a 2–1 victory.
Loan to Monaco
- In July 2015, it was announced that Pasalic would be on loan at Monaco for the 2015–16 season.
- In exchange for Pasalic joining the Monégasque side, Radamel Falcao went on loan to Chelsea.
- Chelsea has never been an option for Pasalic, who stated in an interview that he “needs to improve, grow and then hope to get a chance with Chelsea”.
- Pasalic scored the final goal in Monaco’s 3–1 victory over Swiss side Young Boys in the UEFA Champions League third qualifying round on 28 July.
- The first time Pasalic played in Ligue 1 was in a 2–1 victory over Nice on 8 August.
- Monaco lost the Champions League play-off first leg 3–1 due to Pasalic’s goal against Valencia on 19 August.
- In a 1–1 away draw with Anderlecht on 17 September, he made his Europa League debut.
- Pasalic scored twice in two appearances in the 2015–16 Coupe de France.
Loan to Milan
- On 27 August 2016, Pasalic signed a season-long loan with Serie A side Milan.
- Milan was reportedly planning to cut the loan short and return Pasalic in January a month after the loan was completed.
- In a 1–0 win against Pescara on 30 October 2016, he made his debut off the substitutes’ bench.
- Pasalic made his first start against Palermo in the following match.
- It was Pasalic’s first goal for Milan in a 2–1 home victory over Crotone.
- Despite a 1–1 draw (four-five penalties) in the regular match, Pasalic scored Milan’s first major trophy since 2011 after scoring the winning penalty in the 2016 Supercoppa Italiana against Juventus.
- In Milan’s 1–0 away win over Bologna on 8 February 2017, Pasalic scored the winner in the 89th minute.
- A 1–1 away draw between Milan and Pescara was settled by Pasalic on 2 April.
Loan to Spartak Moscow
- As of 2 August 2017, Pasalic has signed a new four-year deal with Chelsea and spent the 2017–18 season on loan at Spartak Moscow.
- He scored his first Spartak goal against CSKA Moscow on 12 August.
- On 13 September, he made his Champions League debut against Maribor in a 1–1 draw.
- Zenit Saint Petersburg defeated him 3–1 at home on 27 November.
- He scored once again in Spartak’s 3–0 victory over Main Moscow on 10 December.
Mario Pasalic Transfer To Atalanta
- A season-long loan agreement with an option to purchase was signed by Pasalic on 25 July 2018.
- After finishing third in Serie A, the Italian team qualified for the Champions League next season.
- Upon signing his new Chelsea contract on 4 July 2019, Pasalic returned on loan to Atalanta for the 2019-2020 season.
- On 18 September, Atalanta made its Champions League debut when Dinamo Zagreb defeated them 4–0 at Stadion Maksimir.
- At San Siro, Pasalic equalized against Manchester City in a 1–1 draw on 6 November.
- As part of a 3–0 win over Shakhtar Donetsk at Metalist Stadium on 11 December, he scored the second goal.
- With only seven points, Atalanta became the first debutant to reach the Champions League final 16 since Leicester City in 2016–17.
- The club negotiated a €15 million option to buy that will be activated at the end of the season on 2 December 2019.
- Just nineteen seconds after being substituted for Duván Zapata, he scored the winning goal in a 2–1 victory over Roma.
- As Atalanta defeated Valencia 4–1 on 19 February, he provided two assists to Josip IliCic and Hans Hateboer.
- Atalanta signed Mario Pasalic permanently for €15 million (£13.4 million) on 22 June.
- Against Brescia on 14 July, he scored his first career hat-trick, becoming the fifth Croatian in Serie A to do so.
- The only goal he scored for Atalanta was against Paris Saint-Germain on 12 August at Estádio da Luz.
- In injury time, however, PSG scored two goals to overturn the result.
- Pasalic was sidelined for more than two months after undergoing sports hernia surgery in December 2020.
- The only goal he scored for Atalanta came in a 3-1 defeat to Lazio.
- A 30-man list was announced by Croatia manager Niko Kovac on 14 May 2014 for the 2014 World Cup.
- However, he was not selected for the final squad. In a friendly home victory over Cyprus on 4 September 2014, he made his Croatia debut.
- Zlatko Dalic named him to the preliminary 32-man World Cup squad in May 2018, but he was not selected for the final 23.
- In a friendly victory over Switzerland, he scored his first goal for the national team on 7 October 2020.
Mario Pasalic is 28 years old.
Mario Pasalic is 188 cm tall. Or 6 ft 2 in.
Mario Pasalic’s preferred foot is both.
Mario Pasalic is from Croatia.
After reading his biography, you will agree with me that Mario Pasalic worked so hard to achieve success. Even poor kids from the slum can dream big and achieve their dreams thanks to him.
It is important to note that his father and mother were key catalysts in his success story. His career life would not be the same without their contributions. They deserve all the accolades for what they have done.
In addition, his sibling’s and friend’s efforts should not be overlooked. As a result of them, he never experienced loneliness or depression during his childhood. Mario Pasalic has grown into a cheerful youth as a result of them.
Here Is An Appreciation Note For Your Consideration
Thank you for reading this engaging article about the life journey of the Croatian footballer. Hopefully, Mario Pasalic’s childhood story has made you believe that patience and persistence can overcome anything.
At WoodGram, we strive for fairness and accuracy in our biographies. Feel free to contact us or leave a comment below if you found anything fishy in the article on Mario Pasalic.