Woody Harrelson is one of the talented actors who has to his credit a long list of prosperous films, stage shows, and television series. Born in Midland, Texas, he aspired to become an actor since his college days. After finishing his degree in theatre arts and English, he pursued a career in acting. While the NBC sitcom, ‘Cheers’ marked his television debut, his film career began with the movie ‘Wildcast’. Since then, there has been no looking back for this highly talented and sociable actor who found key roles in popular films such as ‘White Men Can’t Jump’, ‘Natural Born Killers’, ‘Indecent Proposal’ and so on.
The high point in his career came with the release of the films, ‘The People Vs Larry Flynt’, ‘No Country for Old Men’ and ‘The Messenger’. These three films shaped his career markedly. While both ‘The People Vs Larry Flynt’ and ‘The Messenger’ won him Academy Award and Golden Globe nominations, ‘No Country for Old Men’ was a highly successful film winning an Academy Award in Best Film category. His performance earned him five Emmy nominations and a win for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series. Harrelson also won accolades for his role in the HBO crime series True Detective.
|Birth Name||Woodrow Tracy Harrelson|
|Age||(as in 2023) 62 years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Leo|
|Birth Place||Midland, Texas, U.S.|
|Date of Birth||23 July 1961|
|Residence||Beverly Hills, California (CA), US|
|Home Town||Midland, Texas, U.S.|
|Mother’s Name||Diane Lou Oswald|
|Father’s Name||Charles Harrelson (Hitman)|
|Brother||1. Brett Harrelson|
2. Jordan Harrelson
|Grandparents||Grandfather- Voyde Harrelson Grandmother- Alma Harrelson|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||1. Nancy Erminia|
2. Moon Unit Zappa
3. Brooke Shields
4. Penelope Ann Miller (1985)
5. Nancy Simon (1985)
6. Carol Kane (1986)
7. Ally Sheedy (1989)
8. Glenn Close (1991)
9. Laura Louie (1987-Present)
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Wife/Spouse||1. Nancy Simon- Harrelson and renowned playwright Neil Simon’s daughter Nancy Simon tied the knot in Tijuana in 1985. They separated after just ten months of being married.|
2. Laura Louie (Present)
|Marriage Date||28 December 2008|
Daughters- Deni (born. 1993)
Zoe (born. 1996)
Makani (born. 2006).
|School||He did his primary schooling at the Lebanon High School in Ohio.|
|College/University||Woody pursued his higher education at the Hanover College in Hanover, Indiana where he completed his Bachelor of Arts in theater and English in 1983.|
|Profession||Actor, activist, film director, playwright|
|Brands Endorsed||He has done several TV commercials for HBO Now. The first was a TV spot featuring Try Me Out song by Broncho followed by Free Week TV commercial for HBO on XFINITY and another featuring A New Way to get HBO song by Elle King.|
|Career Manager||Creative Artists Agency|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in Feet/Inches- 5’9½” in Centimeters- 176.5 cm|
in Meters- 1.76m
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 83 kg|
in Pounds- 183 pounds
|Chest Size||42 in or 107 cm|
|Hips Size||38 in or 96.52 cm|
|Waist Size||36 in or 91.5 cm|
|Arms / Biceps||15 in or 38 cm|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||White|
|Dress Size||Not Known|
|Shoe Size||10 (US) or 43 (EU)|
|Favourite Actors||Bill Murray|
|Controversies||1. Harrelson has been arrested several times: for disorderly conduct and resisting arrest in 1982, for symbolically planting hemp seeds (which the sheriff considered “cultivating marijuana”) in 1996, and for damaging a taxi and running from police in 2002. He served no jail time for any of these arrests. |
2. In 2008, a TMZ photographer filed a $2.5 million lawsuit against Woody, alleging that the actor had assaulted him and broken his camera; the case was dismissed after they reached a settlement in 2010.
Woody Harrelson was born on July 23, 1961, to Diane Lou and Charles Voyde Harrelson in Midland, Texas. He has two siblings, brothers Jordan and Brett. When young Harrelson was just seven years old, his father was convicted with a life sentence for the murder of Federal Judge John H. Wood, Jr. As such, he was mostly raised by his mother for much of his life at Lebanon, Ohio, his mother’s native city.
He completed his formal education from Lebanon High School. In addition to studying, he apprenticed as a woodcarver at Kings Island Amusement Park. After completing his high school graduation, he moved to Hanover to enroll himself at Hanover College. It was there that he became a part of the Sigma Chi fraternity. In 1983, he completed his B.A. in theatre and English.
Harrelson was briefly married to Nancy Simon, the daughter of playwright Neil Simon, in 1985 during a trip to Tijuana, Mexico. They planned to annul the marriage but divorced instead in 1986. In December 2008, Harrelson married longtime girlfriend and former assistant Laura Louie in a private ceremony in Costa Rica.
Louie co-owned their health-food restaurant and oxygen bar, 02, which was located in Los Angeles. The couple resides in Maui, Hawaii, in a self-sustained community with their three daughters, Deni Montana, Zoe Giordano, and Makani Ravello.
Matt Damon Biography, Age, Brother, Wife, Children, Movies, Wiki, & Net Worth
Woody Harrelson Net Worth
Аѕ оf 2023, thе еѕtіmаtеd nеt wоrth оf thе асtоr Wооdу Наrrеlѕоn іѕ rеасhіng uр tо $85 mіllіоn. Не mаdе hіѕ fоrtunе frоm thе ТV mоvіеѕ аnd ѕеrіеѕ hе’ѕ bееn ѕtаrrіng іn. Wооdу Наrrеlѕоn еѕtіmаtеd ѕаlаrу frоm “Моnеу Тrаіn” іѕ аrоund $5 mіllіоn. Не іѕ thе dіrесtоr аnd рrоduсеr оf а nеw mоvіе tіtlеd “Lоѕt іn Lоndоn”.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023||$85 million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022||$80 million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021||$65 million|
|Annual Salary||Under Review|
|Income Source||Actor, activist, film director, playwright|
Environmental and Marijuana Activism
In enhancement to acting, Harrelson has been a forthright advocate for the environment. His involvement includes efforts for preserving the California Redwoods, involvement in the American Oceans’ Campaign, and legalization intentions for the use of industrial hemp.
Harrelson challenged the constitutionality of the Kentucky state law that does not discriminate between industrial hemp and marijuana by planting several hemp seeds. He won the case and became an advisor for NORML, the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws. Harrelson has also served with other organizations such as UNICEF and PETA and is a longtime vegan.
Bob Barker Bio, Age, Net Worth, TV Shows, TPIR & Wiki
Woody Harrelson Movies and TV Shows
- Immediately after finishing his studies, he briefly worked in the New York theatre. In 1985, he made his professional debut with the role of a bartender, Woody Boyd, in the already popular NBC sitcom, ‘Cheers’, which was on its fourth season.
- What started off as a mere replacement of the character of Coach played by Nicholas Colasanto in ‘Cheers’, lasted for four seasons until 1989! What’s more, he even earned himself five Emmy Awards nominations, eventually winning one. His performance in the series brought him much popularity and fame.
- While his television career was on-going, he did not forego stage career completely and was seen in a couple of plays including, ‘Brooklyn Laundry’, ‘Furthest From the Sun’, and so on.
- He made a foray into the big screen while working on ‘Cheers’ with the 1986 released film, ‘Wildcats’, a football comedy in which he made a cameo appearance. Following this, he was seen in the movies, ‘White Men Can’t Jump’, ‘Money Train’, ‘LA Story’, and so on.
- His film career took off to a great start with the film, ‘Indecent Proposal’ where he was cast opposite Robert Redford and Demi Moore. The film was a grand success and grossed a total of over $265,000,000 at the box office.
- Immediately after the success of the film, ‘Indecent Proposal’, he was seen playing a lead role in Oliver Stone’s controversial flick ‘Natural Born Killers’ opposite Juliette Lewis. He followed this up with the Michael Cimino film ‘The Sunchaser’ and comedy ‘Kingpin’.
- His film career actually zoomed up after the Miloš Forman film ‘The People vs. Larry Flynt’, wherein he was seen playing the character of Larry Flynt. The film was hugely successful with his performance earning much acclaim. He even gained nominations in the Best Actor category from prestigious award functions.
- His career had no looking back after the release of ‘The People vs. Larry Flynt’. He bagged himself a couple of lead roles in serious films, beginning with the 1997 war film ‘Welcome to Sarajevo’ and ‘Wag the Dog’ in which he had a featured role.
- In 1998, he was seen in the thriller movie Palmetto. He followed this up with the war film, ‘The Thin Red Line’ in which he played the role of Sergeant Keck. The film was exceptionally brilliant and was a box office success.
- In the next couple of years, he starred in two other films such as ‘The Hi-Low Country’ and ‘Play It to the Bone’. In 1999, he reprised his role as Woody Boyd in the Cheers spin-off success Frasier.
- He took a hiatus from films for some time. During this time, he was seen making cameo appearances in television series such as ‘Will & Grace’, ‘The Colbert Report’, and so on. He even concentrated on his stage career and was seen in several plays such as ‘The Rainmaker’, ‘The Late Henry Moss’, ‘On An Average Day’ and ‘This Is Our Youth’.
- He returned to the big screen in 2003, with the comedy film, ‘Anger Management’ in which he co-starred with Galaxia. Furthermore, he appeared in the action film, ‘After the Sunset’ and Spike Lee film, ‘She Hates Me’.
- The year 2005 was an eventful one for this talented actor as three of his films were slated to be released. These include, ‘The Big White’, ‘North Country’, and ‘The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio’. He followed them with the film, ‘A Scanner Darkly’ and animated film, ‘Free Jimmy’.
- In 2007, his career graph experienced yet another big leap as his film ‘No Country for Old Men’, a crime thriller, went on to bag the prestigious Academy Award. The film became very popular for its amazing plot, terrific acting, and some noteworthy direction.
- He followed this up with the film, ‘Battle in Seattle’ in which he played the role of a Seattle police officer. Other films that he was cast in include, ‘Semi-Pro’, ‘Seven Pounds’, and ‘The Messenger’. The latter was a huge hit and won him several nominations and awards.
- He was next seen playing a character in the horror-comedy ‘Zombieland’, which he followed up with Roland Emmerich’s ‘2012’. In 2010, he starred in the futuristic western martial arts film ‘Bunraku’ and followed up with the film, ‘Friends with Benefits’. Recently, he was cast as Haymitch Abernathy in the film ‘The Hunger Games’.
|1978||Harper Valley PTA|
Ted & Venus
|1992||White Men Can’t Jump|
|1994||Natural Born Killers|
The Cowboy Way
I’ll Do Anything
|1996||The People vs. Larry Flynt|
|1997||Wag the Dog|
Welcome to Sarajevo
|1998||The Thin Red Line|
The Hi-Lo Country
|1999||Play It to the Bone|
Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me
|2004||After the Sunset|
She Hate Me
The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio
The Big White
A Scanner Darkly
A Prairie Home Companion
No Country for Old Men
Battle in Seattle
|2011||Friends with Benefits|
|2012||The Hunger Games|
|2013||How to Make Money Selling Drugs|
Now You See Me
Out of the Furnace
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
|2014||The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1|
|2015||The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2|
Now You See Me 2
The Edge of Seventeen
|2017||Lost in London|
War for the Planet of the Apes
The Glass Castle
Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
Shock and Awe
|2018||Solo: A Star Wars Story|
Zombieland: Double Tap
|2021||Venom: Let There Be Carnage|
TV Shows & Serials List
|1988||Mickey’s 60th Birthday|
Saturday Night Live
|1990||Mother Goose Rock ‘n’ Rhyme|
|1992||Saturday Night Live|
|2001–2002||Will & Grace|
|2013||David Blaine: Real or Magic|
Saturday Night Live
|2019||Live in Front of a Studio Audience|
Saturday Night Live
- Woody only eats raw and dried foods. He avoids dairy products, sugar, and flour.
- He is a musician too who moonlighted in Manly Moondog and the Three Kool Hats bands as the lead singer.
- While in high school, Woody used to work at Kings Island amusement park as a woodcarver.
- His father got two life sentences for murdering Federal Judge John Howland Wood for which he was paid $250,000 by drug dealer Jimmy Chagra.
- When he was young, he was a sex addict.
- He once switched 17 jobs in a year.
- He was among the 50 Most Beautiful People list of People Magazine in the past.
- He is a supporter of marijuana legalization.
- Harrelson has played twice in the charity football tournaments titled Soccer Aid that Robbie Williams and Jonathan Wilkes had founded.
- He is a board of director of the art school Ex’pression Center For New Media, Emeryville, California.
- Darius Rucker, Mark Bryan, Dean Felber, and Jim ‘Soni’ Sonefeld from Hootie & the Blowfish band dedicated a song to friend Woody in 2003.
- He owns the oxygen bar based in West Hollywood, California.
- He has a house in Hana Maui, Hawaii. He plays poker with his neighbors Kris Kristofferson and Willie Nelson whenever he visits.
- He is good friends with the Red Hot Chili Peppers band members and also Owen Wilson, Michael J. Fox, and Wesley Snipes.
- He co-owns the boutique organic hotel Inn at the Black Olive in Baltimore, Maryland.
- He does smoking.
Matthew, 50, And Woody, 58, First Worked Together In 1999 Comedy Movie Edtv And Have Since Worked On Multiple Projects Together.
Cletus Kasady Has Been Featured In Several Animated Television Series And Video Games. The Character Made His On-screen Debut In A Cameo Appearance In A Mid-credits Scene Of Venom, Portrayed By Woody Harrelson.
Once We Realized It Was A Great Opportunity, We Seized It,” Producer Bobby Cohen Says. “So We Wrote This Character Of Chase Mckinney, Who Is Woody’s Twin Brother And Also An Accomplished Mentalist, But He’s Turned Bad.
Luke’s Got That Laconic Cowboy Feel To Him, Which Is Very Woody Harrelson, Fleischer Explained. He And Woody Are Also Close Friends, So There Was A Natural Rapport.