Matt Damon is an outstanding actor from the American film industry who obtained enormous success after sealing his place in Hollywood. He had an affection towards acting from his childhood and used to forgo classes in high school because of his engagement in plays. He performed well as an actor and had many plays to his attention when he was still a student. His sentiment for acting made him drop out of the university and pursue his dream of becoming an actor. He had to struggle originally when he could only manage to land small roles in films. His major improvement came in the mid-1990s when he was cast to play an important appearance in the movie ‘Good Will Hunting’ which became an enormous hit.
Damon not only played the combatant but also co-wrote the screenplay of the movie along with his childhood mate and actor Ben Affleck. This movie was highly applauded and his acting too received gratitude from the critics. He even earned the ‘Oscar’ along with Affleck for ‘Best Original Screenplay.’ The success of the movie initiated him to the film industry and finally, Damon sealed his place in the industry. Since then, he has worked in many high grossing movies. The capable actor also takes part in patriotic activities.
- Rob Lowe Bio, Age, Wife, Family, Net Worth, Movies, TV Shows & Wiki
- Kerry Washington Biography, Age, Family, Husband, Movies, Wiki, & Net Worth
|Birth Name||Matthew Paige Damon|
|Age||(as in 2022) 52 years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Libra|
|Birth Place||Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA|
|Date of Birth||08 October 1970|
|Residence||Pacific Palisades, Los Angeles|
|Home Town||Cambridge, Massachusetts|
|Mother's Name||Nancy Carlsson-Paige (Education Professor at Lesley University)|
|Father's Name||Kent Telfer Damon (Stockbroker)|
|Brother||Kyle Damon (Older Brother)|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Minnie Driver (1996 – 1997) |
Claire Danes (1997)
Winona Ryder (1997 – 2000)
Kara Sands (2000)
Odessa Whitmire (2001 – 2003)
Rhona Mitra (2003)
Luciana Barroso Damon (2003 – Present)
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Wife/Spouse||Luciana Barroso Damon|
|Marriage Date||9 December 2005|
Daughters- Isabella Damon (born June 11, 2006)
Gia Zavala (born August 20, 2008)
Stella Zavala (born October 20, 2010)
Matt is also a stepfather to Luciana’s (previous marriage) daughter, Alexia
|School||Cambridge Alternative School (now Graham and Parks)|
Cambridge Rindge and Latin School
|Profession||Actor, producer, voice actor, screenwriter, philanthropist|
|Brands Endorsed||Matt has appeared in different TV commercials for |
Independent Film Channel (1998)
National Mentoring Month (PSA) (2005)
TD Ameritrade (2012), Nespresso (2013)
Radio commercial for Samuel Adams Beer in 2001
|Career Manager||The Spanky Taylor Company and Viewpoint|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm|
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet inches- 5’10”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 84 kg|
in pounds- 185 lbs
|Chest Size||43 Inches|
|Biceps Size||15 Inches|
|Waist Size||32 Inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||White|
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
|Dress Size||Not Known|
|Shoe Size||11 (US) or 10 (UK) or 45 (EU)|
|Favourite Books||A People’s History of the United States by Howard Zinn|
|Controversies||In 2017, at the height of the Harvey Weinstein controversy and the #MeToo movement, Damon gave a series of interviews in which he seemed to minimize the abuse suffered by sexual assault victims. In 2018, he apologized for his comments during a presence on The Today Show.|
Matt Damon was born on 8 October 1970, in Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA, to Kent Telfer Damon and Nancy Carlsson-Paige. He has an elder brother named Kyle Damon. When he was about two-years-old, his parents got separated, and Matt and his brother lived with their mother. Matt and actor Ben Affleck have been friends since childhood.
He did his schooling from institutions, such as ‘Cambridge Alternative School’ and ‘Cambridge Rindge and Latin School.’ He later enrolled at the ‘Harvard University’ but dropped out in order to chase his dream of becoming an actor.
Damon married his longtime girlfriend, Argentine-born Luciana Bozán Barroso, in December 2005 in New York City Hall. They had faced while he was shoot Stuck On You in Miami, where she was pursuing as a barkeeper.
The couple has three daughters: Isabella was born on June 11, 2006, in Miami, where they live when Damon’s not shooting on location. Their second child, Gia Zavala, was born on August 20, 2008. The couple received daughter Stella Zavala on October 20, 2010. Damon also has a stepdaughter, Alexa, from Barroso’s prior marriage.
In 2007, Damon was called the “S*xiest Man Alive” by People magazine. A surprised Damon said, “all the campaigning” by pals Clooney and Brad Pitt, who’d each earned the honor twice, had finally paid off. “You gave an aging rural dad the ego upgrade of a lifetime,” he said in a letter published in the magazine. “My 9-year-old stepdaughter now guesses I’m cool – well, cooler.”
Matt Damon Net Worth
Matt Damon has a net worth of $170 million.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$170 Million|
|Previous Year's Net Worth 2021 (Approx)||Under Review|
|Annual Salary||Under Review|
|Income Source||Actor, producer, voice actor, screenwriter, philanthropist|
In October 2019, Matt disclosed that he was suggested a starring appearance in 2009’s Avatar. As part of the overture, he would have collected a portion of the movie’s box office profits. Avatar went on to become the second highest-grossing movie in record with more than $2.8 billion in worldwide sum. Damon told the interviewer in 2019 that he would have ultimately earned $250 million from the deal.
- Orlando Bloom Bio, Age, Wife, Son, Net Worth, Movies, TV Shows & Wiki
- Sigourney Weaver Biography, Age, Height, Daughter, Movies, Net Worth & Wiki
Matt Damon Movies And TV Shows
- Damon studied English at Harvard University but left early to pursue his acting career. Having made his big-screen appearance in 1988’s Mystic Pizza at 18 years old, he went on to obtain starring appearances in The Rainmaker (1997) and Good Will Hunting (1997), for which he received an original screenplay Academy Award with co-star Affleck.
- The Gus Van Sant-directed film discloses the story of an M.I.T. janitor, played by Damon, who is actually a gifted mathematician. The youngster receives guidance from a physician played by Robin Williams, who earned his first Oscar for the role.
- Damon advanced making high-profile projects from the edge of the decade into the new millennium, with films that involved Saving Private Ryan (1998), The Talented Mr. Ripley (1999) and The Bourne Identity (2002) along with its sequels The Bourne Supremacy (2004) and The Bourne Ultimatum (2007).
- The $110 million Bourne Ultimatum had the largest August opening weekend in movie history, earning an estimated $70.2 million of business in the United States and Canada and it held that record until the release of 2014’s Guardians of the Galaxy.
- In 2016, Damon starred in Jason Bourne, the fifth installment of the Bourne series. Although it received mixed reviews from critics, the film was a box office hit around the world.
- In January 2008, Damon got a lot of media attention because of a humorous music video he appeared in with comedian Sarah Silverman. The then-girlfriend of late-night talk show host Jimmy Kimmel, she created a raunchy song about having a s*xual relationship with Damon.
- Damon appeared in the song’s video, which was shown on Kimmel’s show and later became a popular clip on the Internet. Kimmel and Damon have since engaged in a series of video gags, keeping the fires of their comedic rivalry alive.
- On the career front, Damon received his third Academy Award nomination for his role as rugby great Francois Pienaar in the South African film Invictus (2009), directed by Clint Eastwood and starring Morgan Freeman as Nelson Mandela.
- Damon starred in other well-regarded films during this time as well, such as The Departed (2006) and True Grit (2010). He teamed up with Eastwood again for the 2010 drama Hereafter and the following year played a politician romancing Emily Blunt’s dancer character in the sci-fi drama The Adjustment Bureau.
- Damon has continued to tackle an interesting mix of projects. He tried his hand at family-friendly fare with 2011’s We Bought a Zoo and co-starred with John Krasinski in the environmental drama Promised Land (2012).
- Damon then received raves for his turn as Liberace’s boyfriend Scott Thorson in the critically acclaimed HBO movie Behind the Candelabra (2013), starring Michael Douglas. Damon received both Emmy and Golden Globe nominations for the part, with Douglas winning both awards in the lead actor category.
- Returning to science fiction, Damon starred in Elysium with Jodie Foster and The Zero Theorem, both in 2013. He went on to appear in the war drama The Monuments Men (2014) with George Clooney. That fall, Damon once again teamed up with longtime friend Affleck.
- The pair’s production company, Pearl Street Films, agreed to develop a new series, Incorporated, for the Syfy cable network. And in autumn 2015, Damon was part of the returning production team involved in the HBO filmmaking documentary series Project Greenlight.
- Damon also had a major hit with the fall release of The Martian, directed by Ridley Scott and co-starring Jessica Chastain and Chiwetel Ejiofor, among others. Based on the 2011 Andy Weir novel, the movie depicts the travails of an astronaut who becomes stranded on Mars while chronicling efforts on Earth to facilitate his rescue.
- Later that year, after headlining the fifth installment of Bourne, Damon starred in the action blockbuster The Great Wall and was involved in another Oscar favorite, serving as a producer for Manchester by the Sea. In 2017, Damon starred in the ambitious sci-fi feature Downsizing and the twisted comedy Suburbicon. Both were commercial disappointments, though he hit the mark with a surprise cameo in Thor: Ragnarok.
- The following year, it was reported that Damon was in talks to star in The King of Oil as Marc Rich, the controversial businessman who fled the United States in the 1980s to avoid arrest for a slew of criminal charges. Additionally, he has tapped to headline a true-crime story about an ex-cop who helped rig McDonald’s annual Monopoly promotion, with Affleck on board to direct the feature.
- Back on the big screen, Damon starred as automotive designer Carroll Shelby in Ford v Ferrari (2019), alongside Christian Bale as driver Ken Miles.
The Good Mother
|1989 ||Field of Dreams|
|1992 ||School Ties|
|1993||Geronimo: An American Legend|
|1996||Courage Under Fire|
Good Will Hunting
|1998||Saving Private Ryan|
The Talented Mr. Ripley
The Legend of Bagger Vance
All the Pretty Horses
|2001||Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back|
Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron
The Third Wheel
The Bourne Identity
Confessions of a Dangerous Mind
|2003||The Battle of Shaker Heights|
Stuck on You
The Bourne Supremacy
Howard Zinn: You Can't Be Neutral on a Moving Train
|2005||Magnificent Desolation: Walking on the Moon 3D|
The Brothers Grimm
The Good Shepherd
The Bourne Ultimatum
Youth Without Youth
Running the Sahara
|2008||Che: Part Two|
|2011||The Adjustment Bureau|
Happy Feet Two
We Bought a Zoo
|2013||Behind the Candelabra|
The Zero Theorem
|2014||The Monuments Men|
The Man Who Saved the World
|2015 ||The Martian|
|2016||Manchester by the Sea|
The Great Wall
|2017||Bending the Arc |
|2019||Ford v Ferrari|
Jay and Silent Bob Reboot
The Last Duel
TV Shows & Serials List
|1995||The Good Old Boys|
|2001–05, 2015 ||Project Greenlight|
|2002, 2018||Saturday Night Live|
|2002||The Bernie Mac Show|
Will & Grace
|2003–14||Journey to Planet Earth|
|2006–present||Jimmy Kimmel Live!|
The People Speak
|2013||House of Lies|
|2014||Years of Living Dangerously|
|2015||The Leisure Class|
|2019||City on a Hill|
- After his parents divorced, Matt resided in a six-family communal house with his mother and older brother.
- He is best friends with Ben Affleck.
- Damon is a follower of the Democratic Party.
- As a teenager, he used to dance in the middle of Harvard Square to bring in money.
- He got piano for the movie The Talented Mr. Ripley.
- He also dropped 30 pounds for his role in the movie.
- Matt married Luciana in New York City Hall.
- He earned a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on July 26, 2007.
- He lost 40 pounds for the movie Courage Under Fire, in which he performed the appearance of a Gulf War vet.
- Matt trimmed his head for the movie EuroTrip.
- Matt’s grandfather is Finnish.
- He quit smoking after he saw a hypnotist in Los Angeles.
- He was named S*xiest Man Alive by People Magazine in 2007.
- His brother Kyle is a sculptor.
What Is Matt Damon Working On Now?
Per Deadline, The Oscar-winning Team Is Working On A New Screenplay With Oscar-nominated Writer-director Nicole Holofcener For A Film Titled The Last Duel, Based On The Book By Eric Jager. Affleck And Damon Will Also Costar In The Film, Which Will Reportedly Be Directed By Ridley Scott.
What Was Matt Damon’s First Movie?
He Made His Professional Acting Debut In The Film Mystic Pizza (1988). He Came To Prominence In 1997, When He Wrote And Starred In Good Will Hunting, Alongside Ben Affleck, Which Won Them The Academy And Golden Globe Awards For Best Screenplay And Earned Damon A Nomination For The Academy Award For Best Actor.
Did Ben Affleck And Matt Damon Grow Together?
It’s True! The Pals Met When Matt Was 10 And Ben Was 8, And They Quickly Became Friends. Eventually, They Also Bonded Over Their Shared Love For Acting. “I’ve Known Him For 35 Years, And We Grew Up Together,” Matt Told Entertainment Tonight During A 2016 Interview.
Are Matt Damon And Ben Affleck Still Close?
So Until He Starts Including The Rest Of Us, I Think We Just Have To Go Watch Him Be Great In His Movies.” The Pair Has Also Remained Close As They Made The Transition From Single Bachelors To Married Family Men. Affleck Might’ve Missed Damon’s City Hall Wedding In 2005, But He Later Attended His Vow Renewal In St.
What Does Matt Damon’s Wife Do?
Bartender And Interior Designer
Are Matt Damon And Chris Hemsworth Friends?
Yes, They Are Definitely Friends – And Yes, We’d Definitely Call It A “Bromance.” In A 2014 Interview For Gq, Hemsworth Was Asked How He Met Damon Since The Two Have Never Officially Worked Together In A Film.
Who Are Matt Damon’s Friends?
Hollywood Romances Come And Go – But Matt Damon And Ben Affleck Prove That Their Bromance Lasts Forever! The Dashing Duo Remained Best Friends Through All The Ups And Downs. They Went From Chasing Auditions And Competing For Roles To Becoming Two Of The Most Successful Actors Of All Time.