William Paul Troost-Ekong, a centre defender for EFL Championship team Watford and captain of the Nigerian national team, was born on September 1, 1993.
He qualified for both the Netherlands and Nigeria in international football due to his mixed Dutch and Nigerian ancestry. He made his Nigerian debut in 2015, and since then, he has played in more than 60 matches.
William Troost-Ekong Bio/Wiki
|Birth Name||William Troost-Ekong|
|Nick Name||William Troost-Ekong|
|Age (as of 2023)||30 years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Virgo|
|Birth Place||Haarlem, Netherlands|
|Date of Birth||1 September 1993|
|Hobbies||Music and Gym|
|Mother's Name||Eleanore Troost|
|Father's Name||Not Available|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|School||Hockerill Anglo-European College|
|Debut Club||Fulham and Tottenham Hotspur|
|Jersey Number||• Nigeria - 5|
• Watford FC - 5
|Current Team(s)||• Nigeria|
• Watford FC
|League level||Second Tier|
|Caps/Goals||62 / 4|
|Career Manager/ Player Agent||SEG|
|Traits||• Injury Prone|
• Power Header
|Style Of Play||• Likes to play long balls|
• Plays the ball off the ground often
• Clears the ball out of defence often
|Strengths||No Significant Strengths|
• Aerial Duels
Height and , Weight
|Height||• in meters - 1.91 m|
• in feet inches - 6′ 3″
|Weight||• in kilograms - 74 kg|
• in pounds - 160 lbs
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Nigerian|
|Chest Size||38 inches|
|Biceps Size||14 inches|
|Waist Size||30 inches|
|Favorite Playing Position||Defender|
|Favorite Car||Not Available|
|Favorite Drinks||Red Wine|
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand||Iphone|
- Olympic Bronze Medal: 2016
William Troost-Ekong Net Worth
The range of William Troost-Ekong’s net worth or income is thought to be between €4,500,000. However, his major occupation as a soccer player has brought him a significant amount of wealth.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||€4,500,000|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||€3,800,000|
|Salary Per Year (Approx)||€990,000|
|Salary Per Month (Approx)||€83,000|
|Salary per Week||€20,000|
|Salary Per Day||€2,560|
|Salary Per Minute||€3|
|Contract Signed/Extension||Sep 29, 2020|
|Contract Expires||Jun 30, 2025|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
William Troost-Ekong FIFA 22 Stats
In FIFA 22, William Troost-Ekong has an overall rating of 71 and his potential is also 71.
FIFA 22 Stats
Overall Rating In FIFA 22
Potential In FIFA 22
|75||Heading Accuracy||26||FK Accuracy|
|51||Short Passing||48||Long Passing|
|71||Defensive Awareness||71||Sliding Tackle|
- In Bishop’s Stortford, England, Troost-Ekong attended Hockerill Anglo-European College for his secondary education.
- He was a young football player for Fulham and Tottenham Hotspur in England.
- With FC Groningen and FC Dordrecht in the Netherlands, Troost-Ekong started his professional career.
- He joined the Belgian team, KAA Gent, in July 2015 and was promptly loaned out to Norwegian club FK Haugesund after being linked with moves, including one to Celtic.
- Troost-Ekong joined the Turkish Süper Lig team Bursaspor in July 2017.
- Troost-Ekong signed Italian Serie A team Udinese on August 17, 2018.
- He made 35 league games and had four cautions in his first Serie A season, which helped Udinese finish in 12th place.
- Udinese finished 13th the next year, albeit with two more points.
- In his two seasons at Le Zebrette, Troost-Ekong started (and played the entire 90 minutes) in historic wins over AC Milan and Juventus despite the team’s generally underwhelming league performances.
- Troost-Ekong signed a five-year contract with EFL Championship team Watford on September 29, 2020.
- On November 7, 2020, in a 3-2 victory over Coventry City, he netted his first goal for the team.
- Troost-Ekong was born in the Netherlands to a Nigerian father and a Dutch mother named Eleanore Troost.
- His siblings are Everest and Emily.
- Even though Troost-Ekong competed for the Netherlands at the under-19 and under-20 junior levels, he ultimately decided to represent Nigeria.
- On June 13, 2015, he played for the Super Eagles in his first senior international match against Chad for 90 minutes.
- Before being chosen for Nigeria’s under-23 team in their 35-man preliminary roster for the Rio 2016 Summer Olympics, he earned three starts for the senior team in 2016.
- Moreover, he was included in Nigeria’s 23-man roster for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia in June of that year.
- Troost-Ekong was selected for the 23-person roster for the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations, where he scored the game-winning goal against South Africa in the 89th minute to advance his side to the semifinals and secure a third-place finish.
- Moreover, he led the Super Eagles in the postponed 2021 Africa Cup of Nations and was selected for the Best XI of the Group Stage by the tournament’s Technical Study Group after scoring against Guinea-Bissau.
- Tunisia went on to eliminate Nigeria in the next round.
He is currently 30 years old (as of 2023).
He is 191 cm tall.
He plays as a defender.
After his transfer to Watford FC, his net worth is €4,500,000 (as of 2023).