Swiss former professional football player Valon Behrami (born 19 April 1985) was a midfielder. From his debut in 2005 to his international retirement in 2018, Behrami received 83 caps for the Switzerland national team, competing in four FIFA World Cups, UEFA Euro 2008, and UEFA Euro 2016.
Behrami was a member of the 23-person Switzerland World Cup roster. His performance was praised for being great in their opening match on June 17, a 1-1 tie with Brazil, when it was noted that he constantly bothered Brazil’s Neymar. He made history by being the first Swiss player to play in four straight World Cups.
Valon Behrami Bio/Wiki
|Birth Name||Valon Behrami|
|Nick Name||Valon Behrami|
|Age (as of 2023)||38 years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Aries|
|Date of Birth||19 April 1985|
|Hobbies||Music and Gym|
|Father's Name||Ragip Behrami|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Debut Club||FC Lugano|
|Jersey Number||• Switzerland - 11|
|Current Team(s)||• Switzerland|
|League level||First Tier|
|Caps/Goals||83 / 2|
|Career Manager/ Player Agent||QUAN SPORTS MANAGEMENT ITALIA|
|Traits||• Injury Prone|
• Dives Into Tackles
|Style Of Play||• Gets fouled often|
• Likes to play short passes
• Likes to tackle
|Strengths||• Blocking the ball|
Height and Weight
|Height||• in meters - 1.83 m|
• in feet inches - 6′ 0″
|Weight||• in kilograms - 80 kg|
• in pounds - 180 lbs
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Swiss|
|Chest Size||38 inches|
|Biceps Size||14 inches|
|Waist Size||32 inches|
|Favorite Playing Position||Defensive Midfield|
|Favorite Car||Not Available|
|Favorite Drinks||Red Wine|
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand||Iphone|
- Coppa Italia: 2013–14
- The only Swiss player to appear in four consecutive World Cups: (2006, 2010, 2014, 2018)
Valon Behrami Net Worth
The range of Valon Behrami’s net worth or income is thought to be between €12,500,000. However, his major occupation as a soccer player has brought him a significant amount of wealth.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||€12,500,000|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||€11,908,000|
|Salary Per Year (Approx)||€624,000|
|Salary per Week||€12,000|
|Contract Signed/Extension||Jul 1, 2022|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
Valon Behrami FIFA 22 Stats
In FIFA 22, Valon Behrami has an overall rating of 71 and his potential is also 71.
FIFA 22 Stats
Overall Rating In FIFA 22
Potential In FIFA 22
|66||Heading Accuracy||68||FK Accuracy|
|70||Short Passing||68||Long Passing|
|68||Defensive Awareness||71||Sliding Tackle|
- Following a strong campaign with Verona, Lazio acquired him on July 25, 2005, initially in a co-ownership agreement for €2.7 million.
- In January 2006, Lazio paid the same amount to purchase him outright.
- Despite Rodrigo Taddei’s head colliding with his clearance and ricocheting into Lazio’s goal to give them their first goal of the game, Behrami’s 92nd-minute winning goal etched his name into Lazio’s history books as they won the Derby Della Capitale on March 19, 2008, effectively ending rival Roma’s chances of winning the Scudetto.
West Ham United
- Behrami was acquired by West Ham United on July 23, 2008, from Lazio, and agreed to a five-year, £5 million contract.
- On August 16, 2008, Behrami made his West Ham debut in the team’s 2-1 victory over Wigan Athletic at home.
- After starting the season as a replacement for captain Lucas Neill at right back due to his adaptability, he would go on to play an important role in West Ham’s midfield.
- On November 23, 2008, he scored West Ham’s lone goal in a 1-0 victory over Sunderland on the road.
- He sustained an anterior cruciate ligament injury in his left knee during the team’s victory over Manchester City at home on March 1st, 2009, which necessitated the use of oxygen during a six-minute stoppage.
- Behrami transferred to Fiorentina on January 26, 2011, for an unknown sum, and signed a three-and-a-half-year deal.
- On January 29, 2011, he made his Fiorentina debut against his previous side Lazio in a Serie A match.
- Behrami and Alessandro Gamberini, a colleague at Fiorentina, were signed by Napoli on July 17, 2012, for an unknown sum.
- Behrami arrived in Germany via plane on July 31, 2014, to finish a medical before moving to Hamburg for €4.5 million.
- Based on 20 appearances in his debut season, the additional incentives may bring the price up to €6.5 million.
- He signed a three-year deal with a fourth-year option.
- The transfer was finished on August 2, 2014.
- Behrami saw his colleagues’ 2-2 draw with AFC Wimbledon on July 11, 2015; later that day, the club announced Behrami had signed a three-year deal with Watford.
- Behrami signed a two-year contract with Italian club Udinese on August 16, 2017; both Udinese and Behrami’s former club Watford are controlled by the Pozzo family.
- He signed up with Swiss club Sion in July 2019.
- His agreement with Sion was mutually canceled on October 3, 2019.
- Behrami signed a contract with Brescia of the Serie B on January 31, 2022.
- Behrami played in the FIFA World Cup in 2006, 2010, 2014, and 2018 while earning caps for the Swiss national team at the Under-18, Under-19, and “A” levels.
- At the Stade de Suisse in the first leg of their playoff match for the 2006 World Cup, Behrami scored an important goal against Turkey.
- He had a groyne injury during the 2006 competition, keeping him out of the first two group games.
- He was removed from the game in the 88th minute of the third game versus South Korea.
- He did not take part in the defeat against Ukraine in the round of 16.
- For all three of Switzerland’s games during the 2008 UEFA European Championship, Behrami was a member of the starting lineup.
He is currently 38 years old (as of 2023).
He is 183 cm tall.
He plays as a midfielder.
His net worth is €12,500,000 (as of 2023).