The Mexican professional footballer Carlos Uriel Antuna Romero (born 21 August 1997) plays as a winger for Liga MX club Cruz Azul and for the Mexico national team. He was born in Gomez Palacio, Mexico to his father Carlos Antuna, and his mother Berta Alicia Romero. Uriel Antuna married his longtime girlfriend Penelope Garcia in 2018 and together blessed with 2 kids a daughter and a son named Bruno.
An agile player, Antuna is capable of dribbling past opponents, and his work rate has been described as both “intriguing” and “unrefined.” He is often fouled because he likes to hold on to the ball and cross the ball. During a Guardianes 2020 quarter-final match against Club América, his speed throughout the match was recorded as second only to Kylian Mbappe in the world.
Uriel Antuna Bio/Wiki
The table below reveals concise information about Uriel Antuna. It gives you the ability to read through the Mexican footballer profile as fast as possible.
|Birth Name||Carlos Uriel Antuna Romero|
|Nickname/ Popular Name/ Shirt Name||Uriel Antuna|
|Age||25 (as in 2022) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Leo|
|Birth Place||Gomez Palacio, Mexico|
|Date of Birth||21 August 1997|
|Residence||Gomez Palacio, Mexico|
|Home Town||Gomez Palacio, Mexico|
|Hobbies||Watching Movies, Horse Riding, Swimming|
|Mother's Name||Berta Alicia Romero|
|Father's Name||Carlos Antuna|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Children||Daughter(s)- 1- Name Not Available|
Son(s)- Bruno Antuna Garcia
|School||Santos Laguna youth academy|
|College/University||Santos Laguna youth academy|
|Career Manager/ Player Agent||Elite Sports/Manfredi Caleca|
|Debut For Current Club Team||• 2022: CD Cruz Azul|
|Debut For Current Senior International Team||• 2017: Mexico national football team|
|Jersey Number (2022-23)||• 7 (CD Cruz Azul)|
• 22 (Mexico national football team)
|Current Teams||• CD Cruz Azul|
• Mexico national football team
|Position||Attack - Right Winger|
• Supercopa de la Liga MX: 2022
• CONCACAF Olympic Qualifying Championship: 2020
• Olympic Bronze Medal: 2020
• CONCACAF Gold Cup: 2019
• CONCACAF U-20 Championship Best XI: 2017
• Liga MX Best XI: Guardianes 2020
• CONCACAF Olympic Qualifying Championship Best XI: 2020
• Liga MX All-Star: 2022
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 174 cm|
in meters- 1.74 m
in feet inches- 5'9"
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 59 kg|
in pounds- 130 lbs
|Chest Size||42 inches|
|Biceps Size||12 inches|
|Waist Size||32 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Mexican|
|Distinctive Features||Not Available|
|Dress Size||6 U.S.|
|Shoe Size||8 U.S.|
|Favorite Playing Position||Forward|
|Favorite Car||Not Available|
|Favorite Food||Fruits and Veg|
|Favorite Player||Not Available|
|Favorite Pet Animal||Dog|
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand||Iphone|
Uriel Antuna Net Worth
In 2022, what will Uriel Antuna’s salary be?
In Jan 2022 Uriel Antuna signed a contract with CD Cruz Azul that ended in 2024 that netted him a whopping salary of £2,060,720 per year. We have crunched the numbers, this means he earns £5,661 per day and £235 per hour!
Salary & Net Worth Updated 2022
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$1.5 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||$1 Million|
|UPDATE 2022||His current club salary and several other earnings are included in the salary data below.|
|Annual or Per Year Salary||£2,060,720|
|Per Month Salary||£171,726|
|Per Week Salary||£39,630|
|Per Day Salary||£5,661|
|Per Hour Salary||£235|
|Per Minute Salary||£3.9|
|Current Contract||With CD Cruz Azul|
|Contract Signed/Extension||Jan 4, 2022|
|Contract Expires||Jun 30, 2024|
|Contract Signing Amount or Transfer Fee||$4.40 Million|
|Market Value||$4.40 Million|
|Highest Market Value||$5.50 Million (Oct 15, 2021)|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
|Cars Collection||Not Available|
His stock is on the rise thanks to his performances on the pitch. Uriel Antuna has an estimated net worth of around $1.5 Million, and his market value is about $4.40 million.
Uriel Antuna FIFA 22 – Potential And Rating
In FIFA 22, Uriel Antuna has an overall rating of 75 with a potential of 79. Alvarez has got a 3-star skillmoves rating.
Uriel Antuna FIFA 22 Stats
Overall Rating In FIFA 22
Potential In FIFA 22
|43||Heading Accuracy||48||FK Accuracy|
|69||Short Passing||58||Long Passing|
|24||Defensive Awareness||32||Sliding Tackle|
He prefers to shoot with his right foot. His workrates are Medium / High. Uriel Antuna’s height is 174 cm and his weight is estimated at 59 kg according to our database. Currently, Uriel Antuna is playing with jersey numbers 7 and 22.
After joining the Santos Laguna youth academy in 2012, Antuna successfully graduated through the U-15, U-17, and U-20 teams.
Antuna was promoted to the first team in 2017 by first-team manager José Manuel de la Torre. In a 2–1 loss to Pumas UNAM on 5 March, Antuna made his Liga MX debut as a substitute.
The English club Manchester City announced on 12 July 2017 that they had signed Antuna on a four-year contract through City Football Group. In August, he signed a two-year loan agreement with Eredivisie club FC Groningen.
Antuna made his league debut on 10 September against VVV-Venlo; he entered the game as a substitute in a 1-1 draw.
Antuna joined the LA Galaxy on loan for the 2019 season on 29 January 2019. In the team’s 2–1 victory over Real Salt Lake on 28 April, he scored his first goal for the team. Manchester City extended his contract with him through 2022 in October.
During his time with the LA Galaxy, he made 31 league appearances, scoring six goals and providing five assists, and he was also of interest to Benfica of Portugal.
Antuna joined Liga MX side Guadalajara on 28 November 2019. He made his debut with Guadalajara on 11 January 2020, replacing Isaác Brizuela in a 2–0 victory over Juárez.
In a 3–1 victory over Tigres UANL on 5 September, Antuna scored his first goal with Chivas.
- In preparation for the 2017 CONCACAF U-20 Championship, Antuna was called up to the under-20 team camp. His participation in the tournament was subsequently confirmed.
- Mexico defeated El Salvador 6-1 in a classification stage match in which he scored a hat-trick.
- His name was included in the best XI of the tournament. Antuna has been selected to represent the United States at the 2017 FIFA U-20 World Cup.
- During the tournament, he appeared in all five matches until England eliminated them in the quarterfinals.
- At the 2018 Toulon Tournament, Antuna was named to the final roster.
- Mexico lost to England in the final 2–1 after playing in all five matches.
- In the CONCACAF Olympic Qualifying Championship for 2020, Antuna scored three goals in five appearances, resulting in Mexico’s victory.
- As a result, he was named to the Best XI of the tournament.
- As a result, he was called up to participate in the 2020 Summer Olympics. As a member of the Olympic team, Antuna won the bronze medal.
- Antuna was named to the senior national team on 3 November 2017 for the friendlies against Belgium and Poland on 10 and 13 November but did not play in either game.
- Gerardo Martino included Antuna on his preliminary CONCACAF Gold Cup list in May 2019.
- As a 68th-minute substitute for Roberto Alvarado, he made his debut against Venezuela on 5 June.
- As a result of Jorge Sánchez’s injury in a friendly match against Ecuador, he was included in the Gold Cup squad.
- The first goal Antuna scored in Mexico’s Gold Cup match against Cuba is the fastest goal ever scored by the team, scoring it two minutes into the match.
- As Mexico won the tournament, he played in every match.
- Mexico’s perfect record in Nations League group stage matches was maintained by Antuna’s injury-time goal in its final match against Bermuda on 19 November.
He was born in Gomez Palacio, Mexico.
He is currently 25 years old as of 2022.
Uriel Antuna plays as a winger for Liga MX club Cruz Azul and for the Mexico national team.
Mexican striker Uriel Antuna, currently on loan with Major League Soccer’s Los Angeles Galaxy, has confirmed Manchester City has extended his contract. Antuna, who’s currently on the books until 2021, is believed to have earned a pay bump and will be contracted to the Cityzens until 2022.
After reading his biography, you will agree with me that Uriel Antuna worked so hard to achieve success. Even poor kids from the slum can dream big and achieve their dreams thanks to him.
It is important to note that his father and mother were key catalysts in his success story. His career life would not be the same without their contributions. They deserve all the accolades for what they have done.
In addition, his sibling’s and friends’ efforts should not be overlooked. As a result of them, he never experienced loneliness or depression during his childhood. Uriel Antuna has grown into a cheerful youth as a result of them.
Here Is An Appreciation Note For Your Consideration
Thank you for reading this engaging article about the life journey of the Mexican footballer. Hopefully, Uriel Antuna’s childhood story has made you believe patience and persistence can overcome anything.
At WoodGram, we strive for fairness and accuracy in our biographies. Feel free to contact us or leave a comment below if you found anything fishy in the article on Uriel Antuna.