A Russian professional football player, Denis Cheryshev (born 26 December 1990) plays as a left winger for the Russian national team. As a youth product of Real Madrid, he made his debut for the reserves in 2009 and for the first team in 2012. After loan spells at Sevilla, Villarreal, and Valencia, he joined Villarreal permanently in 2016 and returned to Valencia on loan two years later.
He signed a permanent contract with the latter in June 2019. In 2012, Cheryshev made his debut for Russia after earning 45 caps and scoring 23 goals in its youth categories. During the 2018 World Cup, he scored four goals as the team reached the quarter-finals, and also at Euro 2020. As a dual national, Cheryshev was also eligible to represent Spain before he made his international debut with Russia.
Denis Cheryshev Bio/Wiki
The table below reveals concise information about Denis Cheryshev. It gives you the ability to read through the Russian footballer profile as fast as possible.
In this presentation, Woodgram presents the full story of a Russian footballer who will forever be remembered as the pride and joy of his country at the 2018 World Cup. A full account of notable events from Denis Cheryshev’s childhood to date is included in our version of his Childhood Story, plus his Untold Biography Facts.
A thorough analysis of his life before fame, his family life and background, his family origin, and many OFF-Pitch facts (little known) is presented.
There is no doubt that his goals at the FIFA 2018 World Cup in his country are well known.
However, very few fans know much about Denis Cheryshev’s bio, which is quite interesting. Having said that, let’s get started.
Denis Dmitriyevich Cheryshev was born in Nizhny Novgorod, Russia on the 26th-day of December 1990. His father was a former Russian footballer who is now a manager, Dmitri Cheryshev.
Denis grew up with his younger brother Danila but spent more time with his beloved father than his mother.
He knew from an early age that he would become a football player. In the footsteps of his father, the boy developed an interest in football.
Dmitri Cheryshev, on the other hand, laid the foundation for his beloved son to achieve his dreams, which weren’t mere fantasies. His dad, Dmitri, once played for FC Dynamo Moscow before moving to Europe permanently. As a result of his stay in Europe, his family background was influenced.
Childhood – Living Spanish
Denis’ father, a footballer, was offered a contract by Sporting de Gijón when he was five years old. Upon receiving this offer, Dmitri accepted it. With his family, he moved to Spain from Russia.
His wife and sons found the language barrier to be a major challenge once they settled in Spain, especially Denis who planned to enroll in a football academy. Denis had to learn Spanish very quickly because he knew how negative it could be.
Denis attended a Spanish preparatory school where he learned Spanish with a tutor. He could hardly understand a word of Spanish without a translator for the first few months.
Nevertheless, Denis eventually became accustomed to Spanish culture and learned how to speak Spanish fluently, just like a native citizen.
The Childhood Years – Career Development
Following the relocation and Spanish language training, Denis began attending Sporting F.C.’s sports school, for which his father was playing at the time. When he joined Sporting Gijon academy at age 6, he stayed there until he was nine years old.
At the age of nine, Denis Cheryshev joined Burgos’ youth system, following his dad’s footsteps.
Having played at Burgos for two years, Real Madrid came calling. During his trials, Real Madrid identified Denis Cheryshev as an excellent talent.
At the age of 12, Denis Cheryshev joined Real Madrid and spent 14 years with the club. From a young teenager to an adult, he saw himself growing rapidly in the youth club.
Under Zinedine Zidane’s tutelage, Denis Cheryshev scored 22 goals in 109 games for the B team in 2009.
When he was a youth player, he was awarded “Best Shooter in the Real Madrid Youth Team.” Later, he was promoted to the Real Madrid senior team.
Madrid: Why He Left
Due to stiff competition between senior and junior players, Denis Cheryshev played only two matches for the Real Madrid senior team before warming the bench.
Denis became frustrated with the club after having zero appearances for months. Unfortunately, Real Madrid lost track of young Cheryshev while buying first and developing a second. The club denied Denis’ request to leave, leaving him with the option of a loan.
During his loan spells at Sevilla, Villarreal, and Valencia, Denis made thirty appearances. After signing a permanent deal with Villarreal in 2016, he joined the club permanently.
The Russia 2018 World Cup Fame
Denis Cheryshev became famous when he exploded at the 2018 FIFA World Cup. Without writing much, his rise to fame is summarized in the photo below.
As they say, the rest is history.
Gerard Moreno Biography, Age, Family, Brother, Wife, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Denis Cheryshev Love Story With Cristina Cobo
Not because of his performance at Russia’s 2018 FIFA World Cup, but because of his European mentality. Since Denis is still a bachelor at the time of writing, girls appreciate his European mentality.
Regarding Denis’ preferences, only one lady meets his requirements. It is none other than Cristina Cobo pictured in the table with her man. Denis and Cristina have been dating since 2016.
She studied at Madre Ventura Sagrado Corazon Castellon and the University of the West of Scotland before enrolling at the Universitat de Valencia, where she met Cheryshev. Maria and her mother live in Spain with their beautiful twin sister.
Cristina is currently working as an attorney at Arenal Sound in Borriana, an eastern Spanish town.
His Instagram account is constantly filled with photos of Cristina Cobo, his girlfriend. Cristina hasn’t heard from Denis about his future plans for her.
Denis Cheryshev Family Background
The Cheryshev family isn’t your typical Russian family, which is usually homesick and doesn’t like to venture out of their comfort zone to embark on new challenges.
A stereotype of Denis Cheryshev’s family is coupled with the belief that they can flourish in other countries except for Russia.
Even Denis’ father, Dmitri Cheryshev, retired from his professional football career to devote himself to promoting his son.
It was intended to prevent him from feeling homesick. Sometime during Denis’ childhood, his father decided to become a football coach. Denis’ career benefited from his father’s decision.
The final moment of Denis Cheryshev’s family’s wait for glory is finally over. His performances at the 2018 World Cup have indeed turned his career, personal life, and family fortunes around.
Denis Cheryshev Net Worth
In 2022, what will Denis Cheryshev’s salary be?
In Jul 2019 Denis Cheryshev signed a contract with Valencia that ended already in Jul 2022 and netted him a whopping salary of £1,196,000 per year. We have crunched the numbers, this means he earns £3,322 per day and £138 per hour!
Salary & Net Worth Updated 2022
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$5 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||Not Available|
|Annual or Per Year Salary||£1,196,000|
|Per Month Salary||£99,667|
|Per Week Salary||£23,000|
|Per Day Salary||£3,322|
|Per Hour Salary||£138|
|Per Minute Salary||£2.3|
|Current Contract||Without Club|
|Contract Signed||Sep 1, 2022|
|Contract Signing Amount or Transfer Fee||--|
|Market Value||$2.75 Million|
|Highest Market Value||$11.00 Million (Jan 23, 2015)|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
His stock is on the rise thanks to his performances on the pitch. He has an estimated net worth of around $5 Million, and his market value is about $2.75 million.
Denis Cheryshev FIFA 22 Stats – Potential And Rating
Denis Cheryshev is currently 31 years old and plays as a Wide Midfielder for Valencia CF in Spain. In FIFA 22, he has an overall rating of 75 and a potential rating of 75. The skillmoves rating for Cheryshev is 3-stars.
Denis Cheryshev FIFA 22 Stats
Overall Rating In FIFA 22
Potential In FIFA 22
|58||Heading Accuracy||61||FK Accuracy|
|72||Short Passing||74||Long Passing|
|50||Defensive Awareness||55||Sliding Tackle|
The left foot is his preferred shooting foot. He works at a medium/medium pace. According to our database, Cheryshev is 179 cm tall and weighs 74 kg. Denis Cheryshev currently wears the number 6 on his jersey.
Rodrigo Moreno Biography, Age, Wife, Family, FIFA 22, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Denis Cheryshev At Real Madrid
- As a member of the Real Madrid academy, Cheryshev completed his formative years in 2002.
- When he was still a junior, he played nine home games for Real Madrid Castilla in the 2008-09 season, forming a lifelong friendship with Nacho.
- Cheryshev played 61 matches and scored 11 goals for the reserve team.
- As the latter campaign ended with a five-year absence from Segunda División, he was an important attacking unit.
- Against Villarreal CF, Cheryshev played the full 90 minutes in his division two debut on 17 August 2012.
- In the Copa del Rey round of 32, he played his first game for the first team, winning 3–0 at home (7–1 on aggregate) over CD Alcoyano.
- Cheryshev was loaned to Sevilla FC for the remainder of the season with a permanent deal possible.
- Having made only four league appearances, the Andalusians opted not to exercise the option and the player joined Villarreal on loan for 2014–15.
- During Villarreal’s 2–0 win over Levante UD on 24 August 2014, Cheryshev scored the second goal.
- After recovering from the injuries that plagued his previous team, he thrived at El Madrigal, scoring seven goals in 40 appearances.
- Cheryshev made his top-flight debut for Real Madrid on 19 September 2015, playing 13 minutes against Granada CF in a 1–0 defeat.
- In the round of 32 of the Spanish Cup, he scored his first competitive goal for them on 2 December, playing 45 minutes in a 3–1 win away to Cádiz CF.
- Real Madrid were expelled from the tournament because he had collected three yellow cards in the previous tournament, which made him ineligible for selection.
- In his attempt to challenge the action taken against the team, Florentino Pérez claimed the Royal Spanish Football Federation had not informed him of the suspension.
- Cheryshev was loaned to Valencia CF until June 2016 on 1 February.
- Two days later, he made his debut in a 7–0 domestic cup semi-final loss to FC Barcelona as a second-half substitute.
- In a 2–1 victory over RCD Espanyol at the Mestalla Stadium, he scored his first and only goal.
Pau Torres Biography, Age, Height, Family, Wife, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Having signed a contract until 2021, Cheryshev returned to Villarreal on 15 June 2016.
A loan move to Valencia followed on 14 August 2018, and he scored twice during the season to help Valencia finish fourth.
On 29 June 2019, Cheryshev joined Valencia permanently for a fee of €6 million. Having been plagued by injuries, he left after his contract expired three years later.
- His 2011 Marca interview indicated he preferred Spanish over Russian, but he was called up to the Russian team in November 2012.
- Eight days later, he made his debut against the United States, the same opposition his father Dmitri had faced 20 years earlier.
- During a 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifier against Northern Ireland in Belfast on 14 August 2013, Cheryshev came on as a half-time substitute and was stretchered off after just five minutes.
- As the only player not playing club football in Russia, he was called up to a provisional 25-man squad on 16 May 2014.
- However, he was left off Fabio Capello’s final list and later missed the UEFA Euro 2016 tournament.
- On 27 March 2018, Cheryshev played for the national team again after more than two years.
- Among the final 23 players for that year’s World Cup, he was named in an extended squad on 11 May.
- During the first half of the group stage opener against Saudi Arabia in Moscow on 14 June, he replaced the injured Alan Dzagoev and scored twice.
- Three goals in the tournament for him, including a 3–1 win over Egypt in the quarter-finals, and his first in the 4-3-2 penalty shoot-out loss to Croatia.
- In May 2021, Cheryshev made a preliminary 30-man Euro 2020 squad.
- He was included in the final squad on 2 June.
- After Daler Kuzyayev was stretchered off in the first group game against Belgium, he replaced him for 33 minutes before being himself substituted 3–0; Stanislav Cherchesov said he was replaced because he did not fit in.
- The country was eliminated from the group stage after it did not take the field in the following two matches.
David Silva Bio, Age, Height, Weight, Brother, Son, Net Worth & Wiki
Facts About Denis Cheryshev
- Cheryshev was born in Nizhny Novgorod, Russian Soviet Federative Socialist Republic, Soviet Union, and started his career with Sporting de Gijón, where his father Dmitri played.
- After joining Burgos CF, he joined the local club CD Burgos Promesas 2000 at the age of 9.
- During his time in Castile and León, Cheryshev was selected to play for the youth team.
- Since childhood, Cheryshev has learned independence from his parents, brothers, sisters, uncles, aunts, and other relatives.
Is Denis Cheryshev Spanish?
Denis Dmitriyevich Cheryshev is a Russian professional footballer.
What club does Cheryshev play for?
Currently, he plays only for Russia’s national football team.
How old is Denis Cheryshev?
Currently, he is 31 years old.
What happened to Cheryshev?
After spells on loan at Villarreal, Sevilla, and Valencia, Cheryshev finally left Real permanently for the Yellow Submarine in 2016 for the modest sum of €7 million. And although performances have been good, injuries have halted him at the Estadio de la Ceramica.
Denis Zakaria Bio, Girlfriend, Age, Career, FIFA 22, Net Worth & Wiki
After reading his biography, you will agree with me that Denis Cheryshev worked so hard to achieve success. Even poor kids from the slum can dream big and achieve their dreams thanks to him.
It is important to note that his father and mother were key catalysts in his success story. His career life would not be the same without their contributions. They deserve all the accolades for what they have done.
In addition, his sibling’s and friend’s efforts should not be overlooked. As a result of them, he never experienced loneliness or depression during his childhood. Denis Cheryshev has grown into a cheerful youth as a result of them.
Here Is An Appreciation Note For Your Consideration
Thank you for reading this engaging article about the life journey of the Russian footballer. Hopefully, Denis Cheryshev’s childhood story has made you believe that patience and persistence can overcome anything.
At WoodGram, we strive for fairness and accuracy in our biographies. Feel free to contact us or leave a comment below if you found anything fishy in the article on Denis Cheryshev.