Timo Werner is a German professional footballer playing forward. Currently, he plays for Premier League club Chelsea and is also a member of the German national team. With a father who coaches football, he began his training as a six-year-old with TSV Steinhaldenfeld and joined VfB Stuttgart at the age of eight. Coaches throughout the league praised his power and speed, as well as his ability to shoot with both legs.
When he was fourteen, he began participating in international matches, playing for the U15, U16, and U17 teams, scoring a hat-trick on his first appearance for Germany U15 against Poland. In 2012-2013, he led the football team of VfB Stuttgart’s U-19 division to 24 goals. He remained with the club until 2016 when it was downgraded. Afterward, he joined RB Leipzig, where he stayed for four years before moving to Chelsea.
Timo Werner Bio/Wiki
|Birth Name||Timo Werner|
|Nick Name||Turbo Timo|
|Age||27 (as in 2023) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Pisces|
|Birth Place||Stuttgart, Germany|
|Date of Birth||6 March 1996|
|Home Town||Stuttgart, Germany|
|Hobbies||Playing Volleyball, Tennis, Swimming and Cycling.|
|Mother’s Name||Sabine Werner|
|Father’s Name||Günther Schuh (Professional Football Player)|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Julia Nagler (Student in Stuggart)|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|School||• TSV Steinhaldenfeld|
• Stuttgart High School
|Educational Qualification||High School|
|Profession||German Professional Footballer|
|Career Manager||Joachim Low|
|Debut Club||In 2013-2014 season for Stuttgart against PFC Botev Plovdiv in the UEFA Europa League qualifying phase|
|Debut International||On 22 March 2017 for Germany against England|
|Current Team(s)||• German international team|
• Chelsea F.C.
|Jersey Number||• 11 (Germany)|
• 11 (Chelsea F.C.)
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 181 cm|
in meters- 1.81 m
in feet inches- 5’ 11”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 75 kg|
in pounds- 165 lbs
|Chest Size||38 inches|
|Biceps Size||14 inches|
|Waist Size||33 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||White German|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
|Dress Size||Not Available|
|Shoe Size||9.5 U.S.|
|Favorite Playing Position||Forward|
|Favorite Drink||Tea and Coffee|
|Favorite Politician||Frank-Walter Steinmeier|
|Favorite Actor||Chris Hemsworth|
|Favorite Actress||Tessa Thompson|
|Favorite Musician/Music||Justin Bieber|
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand||iPhone/Apple|
|Favorite Flower||Red Rose|
|Favorite Time of Day||Early Morning and Evening|
|Favorite Website||Facebook and Instagram|
|Favorite Footballer||Lionel Messi|
Timo Werner was born on 6 March 1996 in Stuttgart, Germany. His mother is Sabine Werner. In his father’s soccer career, Günther Schuh was a striker for Stuttgart Kickers and then a coach for the junior teams of TSV Steinhaldenfeld after retiring. Timo began his training under him.
Schuh took Timo to TSV Steinhaldenfeld when he turned six, where Timo received training from youth coaches. Timo ran around the field when Schuh coached the older boys, asking how fast he was after each lap. Taking his son up the mountain also helped him build up his stamina.
After developing his speed and strength, Timo joined VfB Stuttgart’s academy at age eight, where he continued to score goals and compete with older boys with utmost ease. The power of his shots seemed to indicate a life span of five years more than he actually had.
Julia Nagler, a model, is currently dating Timo Werner. Since the start of his career with VfB Stuttgart, they have been in a relationship. Timo Werner’s father promised him he would be paid a certain amount when he scored goals once he turned seven. His father had to change the rule and began only paying for goals that he scored with the head or the left foot by the time he was eight years old.
Timo Werner Net Worth
Chelsea signed Timo Werner to a five-year contract in the year 2020. Approximately £4,347,826 is earned by the German annually by his Chelsea salary of £83,612 per week. He also has an endorsement agreement with Adidas. Timo Werner has a current market value of £60million.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||$35 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$30 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||$15 Million|
|Annual Salary||$4.3 Million|
|Income Source||German Professional Footballer|
|Cars Collection||• Audi A8|
• Audi Q7
• Mercedes Benz C Class
• Ferrari 488 Italy
- Timo Werner played for VfB Stuttgart’s U-19 team during the 2012-13 season, scoring a total of 24 goals and winning the Gold U-17 Fritz Walter Medal for his performance. His age at the time was sixteen and he attended Stuttgart High School.
- Although he was successful in the field, he continued to study at the behest of his mother, eventually graduating from school in 2014. Additionally, he continued to play, making his senior debut against PFC Botev Plovdiv in the 2013–14 UEFA Europa League qualifying phase.
- His 2013-2014 season also saw him play in the Bundesliga, appearing in 30 matches. Against SC Freiburg on 10 November, he scored a brace, becoming the youngest goalscorer in Bundesliga history with two goals in a single match.
- On 6 March 2014, as he turned 18, he signed a professional contract with VfB Stuttgart, playing 32 matches in the 2014-2015 season and 33 in the 2015-2016 season in the Bundesliga. A total of thirteen goals were scored during his time at VfB Stuttgart.
- VfB Stuttgart was downgraded in 2016, which forced Timo Werner to transfer to the newly formed RB Leipzig. He signed a four-year contract with the club on 11 June for a reported transfer fee of €10 million.
- He played in 31 league matches and one national cup in 2016-2017. He scored 21 goals during this season, becoming the youngest player to appear in 100 Bundesliga games with a goal against 1. F.C. Köln on 26 September.
- A goal-scoring striker during his time with the Bundesliga, he finished the season with thirteen goals. His victory over Bayern Munich was one of the most notable episodes in his career.
- Timo Werner was also invited to play for Germany against England in a friendly match. His first international appearance did not come until the 2016 Olympics. A total of 34 goals were scored by him in 48 international matches for the German U-15, U-16, U-17, U-19, and U-21 teams.
- On 25 June 2017, he scored his first international goal against Cameroon as a member of the German squad that participated in the 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup. Germany won the semi-finals against Mexico 4–1 on 29 June, with Mueller scoring the third goal and assisting the winning goal against Chile two days later.
- Against Mexico, he made his World Cup debut on the 4th of June. Unfortunately, his team was eliminated in the group stage, so he was unable to showcase his talent. At home, he nonetheless excelled at sports.
- He scored 16 goals during his 30 Bundesliga appearances during the 2018-2019 season. Among them were the two goals he scored against 1. Among them were the two goals he scored against 1. He scored two goals against 1. FC Nürnberg on 7 October 2018. He scored his 50th Bundesliga goal on that day.
- It was equally notable that he scored twice against Hertha BSC in a 3–0 victory over their rival in November 2018. This was his fifth Bundesliga goal in December.
- RB Leipzig’s Cristian Löw played his 100th game for the team on 27 January 2019 and scored 50 goals for the first time in May. Aside from that, he also played 4 matches in the National Cup and scored 3 goals. Although his appearance in 3 UEFA Champions League matches failed to produce a goal, he appeared in 23 UEFA Europa League games.
- He scored his first Bundesliga hat-trick in a match against Borussia Mönchengladbach on 30 August 2019. In his 100th Bundesliga appearance for RB Leipzig, he played on October 5, 2019.
- Chelsea announced on 18 June 2020 that he had signed a 5-million euro a year contract with the player. The player made his league debut on 14 September 2020. On 27 June 2020, he played his last match as a Leipzig player, scoring 2 goals in a 2-1 win over Augsburg.
- Timo Werner scored his first goal for Chelsea on 29 September 2020 in a 1-1 draw with Tottenham Hotspur and his first Premier League goal by scoring a brace against Southampton on 17 October 2020. In the third round of the Champions League, he struck against Russian side Krasnodar on 28 October.
- After scoring his first goal against Sheffield United on 7 November 2020, he went through a dry spell for the next 14 games, failing to score any goals. Then, on 15 February 2021, Chelsea defeated Newcastle United 2-0 in the Premier League, and he scored a goal.
- As of 29 May 2021, Timo Werner has played 35 league games for Chelsea and scored 6 goals. In addition to that, he scored 1 goal in 4 German National Games and 4 goals in 12 matches in the UEFA Europa League during the 2020-2021 season.
Facts About Timo Werner
- Does Timo Werner smoke?: Not Known
- Does Timo Werner drink alcohol?: Not Known
- His father was a professional footballer himself.
- As a child, he often ran with his father up mountains to increase his strength and endurance.
Mario Gomez was a big fan when he was growing up. In an interview, he said he had posters of him in his room when he was 11-12 years old.
- Unlike many young professional footballers, he graduated from high school. Before becoming a professional footballer, his mother wanted him to finish his schooling.
- He made his debut for his country at the U-15 level in 2010, scoring a hat-trick against Poland.
- He joined the VfB Stuttgart youth academy to improve his game and become technically sound.
- His club promoted him to its U-19 squad at the age of 16. His season ended with 25 goals.
- It is an annual award given to young German talent by the German Football Association. He was in the U-17 category for the Fritz Walter gold medal in 2013.
- His debut for the senior side came during the 2013-2014 season when he was 17 years old, making him the youngest player in Stuttgart history.
- The 10-year-old scored a brace against SC Freiburg, becoming the youngest player to score two goals in one match in Bundesliga history.
- At the U-19 level, Fritz Walter awarded him the silver medal.
- During the 2016-2017 season, he scored 21 goals for RB Leipzig, earning the club a place in the UEFA Champions League for the first time in its history.
- In a friendly match against England on 22 March 2017, he made his debut for the German senior squad.
- Germany’s coach Joachim Löw was impressed by his talent and included him in the squad for the 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup, giving him the responsibility of leading the front line.
- In 2017, he won the Golden Boot at the 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup, scoring three goals and leading his country to victory after beating Chile 1-0 in the final.
- 22 years old, he represents his country at the 2018 FIFA World Cup as a striker for his national side.
In RB Leipzig’s 2-0 Champions League loss to Besiktas, forward Timo Werner was forced to wear earplugs before asking to be substituted due to “circulation problems.” He had suffered from circulation problems in the Champions League game but is recovering now.
Timo Werner was confused by the lingo of his new English Chelsea teammates during his first few days at the club. The German international has a good command of English, as evidenced by his previous interviews, but he found a few words often used by his teammates hard to comprehend.
Fast and strong, he can get in behind defenses and create space in deep-lying positions. Despite his size, Timo Werner can get behind defenses and make space in deep-lying positions. He is a great player. Timo will lead the German attack for the next 10 years. He’s a great guy, and he always gives 120 percent.