Steven Gerrard is a former English footballer who played for Liverpool FC and the England national team as a central midfielder. After retiring from professional football, he began working as an academy coach at Liverpool. Throughout his 18-year-long career, he played for Liverpool most of the time and was the club’s captain for over a decade. By the time he left Liverpool to join LA Galaxy, he had become the third player to make 500 or more Premier League appearances for one club.
While captaining the England national team, he has also had considerable experience as a player. After Peter Shilton, Wayne Rooney, and David Beckham, he has played 114 times for England. His senior club career saw him score 125 goals and his international career saw him score 21 goals. He is considered one of the best midfielders of all time. Outside of football, he has ghostwritten two autobiographies, ‘Gerrard: My Autobiography’ and ‘My Story’. Besides appearing in the sports drama ‘Will’, he has also appeared in other films.
- Bernd Leno Biography, Age, Height, Wife, Injury, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
- Kaká (Ricardo Izecson) Biography, Age, Height, Wife, Net Worth & Wiki
Steven Gerrard Bio/Wiki
|Birth Name||Steven George Gerrard|
|Nick Name||• Steve|
• Steve G
• Captain Fantastic
|Age||42 (as in 2022) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Gemini|
|Birth Place||Whiston, Merseyside, England|
|Date of Birth||30 May 1980|
|Home Town||Whiston, Merseyside, England|
|Hobbies||Watching movies, Playing video games|
|Mother's Name||Julie Ann Gerrard|
|Father's Name||Paul Gerrard|
|Brothers||• Paul Gerrard|
• Jon – Paul Gilhooley (Cousin)
|Affairs/Girlfriends||• Jennifer Ellison (2001-2002)|
• Alex Curran (2002–Present)
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Marriage Date||16 June 2007|
|Children||Daughters- • Lilly Ella (born February 23, 2004)|
• Lexie (born May 9, 2006)
• Lourdes (born November 1, 2011)
Sons- Lio Gerrard
|School||• St. Michael’s Primary School, Huyton|
• Cardinal Heenan Catholic High School in Liverpool, UK
|Educational Qualification||Not Available|
(Currently he is coach of Rangers F.C.)
|Brands Endorsed||• Jaguar Cars|
• Vauxhall Motors
• Xbox One
|Career Manager||Steve is signed with Wasserman Media Group (Sports Management Agency).|
|Debut Club||In 1998 for Liverpool F.C.|
|Debut International||In 2000 for England national team|
|Current Team(s)||Rangers F.C. (Coach)|
|Achievements (main ones)||• During his career, Steven Gerrard helped his Liverpool team win two FA Cups, three League Cups, one UEFA Champions League, one UEFA Cup, and one UEFA Super Cup.|
• In 2005, Steven Gerrard received the 'Ballon d'Or Bronze Award' and was named the 'UEFA Club Footballer of the Year'. In 2007, he became a Member of the Order of the British Empire, an honor bestowed upon him by Queen Elizabeth II. He was among the 18 players selected for the 'UEFA Ultimate Team of the Year' in 2015.
|Strengths||• Great leadership|
• Sending thought passes (Playing tough balls to his teammates)
• Great set-piece taker
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 183 cm|
in meters- 1.83 m
in feet inches- 6’0”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 84 kg|
in pounds- 185 lbs
|Chest Size||40 inches|
|Biceps Size||14 inches|
|Waist Size||32 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||White|
|Hair Color||Blonde (Natural)|
|Distinctive Features||• Playing style|
• Great athletic build
|Dress Size||Not Available|
|Shoe Size||10.5 (US) or 9.5 (UK) or 44 (EU)|
|Favorite Playing Position||Central midfielder|
|Favorite Car||Porsche 911 Turbo|
|Favorite NBA Player||LeBron James|
|Favorite Football Club||Liverpool F.C.|
|Favorite Movie||The Hangover (2009)|
|Favorite Pre-Game Meal||Grilled Salmon and Brown Pasta|
|Favorite Song||Use Somebody by Kings of Leon|
|Favorite Places||Portugal, Dubai|
Steven George Gerrard was born on May 30, 1980, in Whiston, Merseyside. He has an older brother, Paul. Tony Gerrard is also a professional footballer who plays as a defender for Oldham Athletic.
He was noticed by Liverpool scouts while playing for his hometown team Whiston Juniors, following which he joined the Liverpool Academy. The 14-year-old had trials with a number of clubs, including Manchester United, but never made the England schoolboys’ team.
Alex Curran, Steven Gerrard’s childhood sweetheart, and he were married in a Catholic ceremony in Wymondham on June 16, 2007. Their four children are three daughters – Lilly-Ella, Lexie, and Lourdes – and one son, Lio.
Steven Gerrard’s cousin, 10-year-old Jon-Paul Gilhooley, was the youngest victim of the 1989 Hillsborough disaster. He credited him in his autobiography with the finishing line, “I play for Jon-Paul”.
Steven Gerrard Net Worth
Steven Gerrard has a net worth of $90 million.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$90 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||$78 Million|
|Annual Salary||$13 Million|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
|Cars Collection||• Porsche 911 Turbo|
• Mercedes SLK
• Bentley Continental GTC
• Aston Martin Vanquish
• Range Rover Sport
The annual salary of Steven Gerrard is $13 million. Additionally, he earns around $4 million per year from endorsements with companies like Adidas, Lucozade, and Mars. Gerrard ranks among the top 20 highest-paid soccer players in the world when you combine his salary and endorsements.
Steven Gerrard is a world-class player who lives a luxurious and celebrity lifestyle as a result of his status. The cars he owns include the Porsche 911 Turbo, Mercedes SLK, Bentley Continental GTC, Aston Martin Vanquish, and Range Rover Sport.
As well as classy and luxurious houses, Gerrard owns a mansion in Formby that he purchased for $4.5 million. The house has seven bedrooms, three living rooms, a home cinema, a garden, and a swimming pool. Additionally, he owns a house in Merseyside, England, which he had rented but later purchased for $850,000 and gifted to his mother before leaving for the United States.
Gerrard also has a $4 million retirement house with five rooms and a giant playground area worth $130,000 for his kids.
The Steven Gerrard Foundation was founded in February 2011 by Steven Gerrard. In order to raise money for other charity projects and to help children in need, the organization aims to raise as much money as possible.
- Ryan Giggs Biography, Age, Height, Dad, Family, Wife, Net Worth & Wiki
- Jesse Lingard Biography, Age, Ethnicity, Wife, Daughter, Net Worth & Wiki
- Steven Gerrard signed his first professional contract with Liverpool on November 5, 1997, at the age of 17. The following year, he made his professional debut, substituting for Vegard Heggem during a match against Blackburn Rovers during the Premier League.
- During the 1999-2000 season, he scored his first goal against Sheffield Wednesday, which his team won by a score of 4-1. In addition to suffering repeatedly from back pain, he also had multiple operations for groin injuries due to a growth spurt.
- After recovering, he made fifty starts during the 2000-2001 season, scoring ten goals, helping his team win the FA Cup, Football League Cup, and the UEFA Cup. The next season he won the FA Charity Shield and the UEFA Super Cup while earning the PFA Young Player of the Year title.
- Former vice-captain Gerrard was named Liverpool captain in October 2003 and signed a new four-year contract with the club. Following a difficult season in 2003-04, he considered moving to Chelsea, but ultimately declined a £20 million offer and stayed with Liverpool.
- He started the 2004-05 season with injuries but returned to the field to score decisive goals for his team, even if his same-side goal during the 2005 League Cup final resulted in a loss. In the 2005 Champions League final, he helped his team come back from a three-goal deficit to tie AC Milan, a game they won 3-2 on penalties. The UEFA Club Footballer of the Year award was later given to him.
- Next season, he led the team to the 2006 FA Cup Final against West Ham United and scored two goals to win. During that year, he became the first Liverpool player since John Barnes in 1988 to win the PFA Player of the Year award.
- After six years, he helped his team win the Football League Cup Final against Cardiff City on 26 February 2012. On March 13, 2012, he scored a hat-trick against Everton in his 400th Premier League game.
- He declined the chance to join Bayern Munich during the 2011-12 season stating that he would prefer to see Liverpool win a couple more trophies. After the end of the 2014-15 season, he finally decided to leave Liverpool after the club delayed renewing his contract and he was not included in the Champions League starting lineup against Real Madrid.
- In January 2015, he signed a Designated Player contract with LA Galaxy from the Major League Soccer division in the United States. In a friendly match against Club América on July 11, he made his MLS debut, and later that month made the shortlist of 22 players for the 2015 All-Star Game.
- In late 2015, he announced he was considering retirement in 2016. On November 24, 2016, he officially retired from professional football after his contract with the club expired. In the MLS Cup final on November 6, 2016, he played his last game for the LA Galaxy.
- Steven Gerrard’s international career began on May 31, 2000, when he faced Ukraine. The following year, he was selected for the Euro 2000 team; however, he played only in one match, that too as a substitute, against Germany.
- In September 2001, during the 2002 World Cup qualifier against Germany, he scored his first international goal. England won the match 5-1, but he did not play in the following matches due to his groin injury.
- He was part of the starting eleven during Euro 2004, but his team lost to Portugal in the quarter-finals. After England lost to Portugal again in the quarterfinals of his first World Cup in 2006, he became the top scorer for England with two goals.
- The England captain temporarily served as captain during the Euro 2008 qualifiers but was later replaced by John Terry after the team failed to qualify. In 2012, he was named captain of the England team again and led them to the Euro quarterfinals. In addition, he was the only England player to make the UEFA Team of the Tournament.
- In 2014, he led England to the FIFA World Cup, where they were eliminated from the group stage for the first time since 1958. After being removed from captaincy in their last group match, he announced his retirement from international football on July 21, 2014.
Facts About Steven Gerrard
- At the age of 18, he made his debut for Liverpool’s first team.
- He wore the number 17 on his shirt before he started wearing the number 8.
- He is right-footed.
- The journalist Henry Winter ghostwrote Steven Gerrard’s autobiography Gerrard: My Autobiography.
- Although he is primarily a midfielder, he has also played as a second striker, holding midfielder, and right-winger.
- During the Hillsborough disaster in 1989, Gerrard’s cousin Jon-Paul Gilhooley died at the age of eight.
- As a member of England’s national football team, he played with David Beckham.
- He went on a trial with Manchester United at the age of 13.
- Gerrard is the only footballer to have scored goals in the Champions League final, FA Cup final, League Cup final, and UEFA Cup final.
- England beat Germany by a score of 5-1 in which he scored his first goal for the national team.
- A total of six red cards have been shown to him in his Liverpool jersey, making him one of the few players to do so.
- Steven Gerrard has his own foundation, the Steven Gerrard Foundation.
Where does Gerrard’s family live?
The family still lives in Merseyside, but they travel to Glasgow whenever they can to see their father.
What car does Gerrard drive?
Jaguar XKR Convertible
Does Steven Gerrard have siblings?
Is Steven Gerrard of Irish descent?
Paul Scholes, Steven Gerrard, and Steve McManaman have all been outstanding midfielders for England, and all have Irish roots.