The German professional footballer Thomas Müller is known for his impressive goal-scoring skills and versatility on the field. A talented all-rounder, he can play as an attacking midfielder, a central striker, and a winger. Thanks to his outstanding dribbling skills and precise passing ability, he is well regarded for his technique. Admirable positioning is what makes him stand out from the crowd. He began playing football at a very young age after being born and raised in West Germany. His career began at the age of 10 when he joined the local team, Bayern Munich, in the German Bundesliga. Additionally, he was a member of the German national ‘Under-19’ and ‘Under-21’ teams. His achievements include being named the ‘Bundesliga Player of the Month’ while playing for the ‘Championship League’. As a result of his brilliant performance at the ‘FIFA World Cup’ tournament, he has won many honors and trophies internationally, including the ‘Golden Boot,’ the ‘Best Young Player,’ and the ‘Silver Boot.’ It ranks him as the world’s fifth-best player according to ‘The Guardian’. Currently, Müller is married to Lisa Trede, an equestrian who is semi-professional.
Thomas Müller Wiki/Bio
|Birth Name||Thomas Müller|
|Age||32 (as in 2021) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Virgo|
|Birth Place||Weilheim in Oberbayern, West Germany|
|Date of Birth||13 September 1989|
|Residence||Munich, Bavaria, Germany|
|Home Town||München (Munich)|
|Mother's Name||Klaudia Müller|
|Father's Name||Gerhard Müller|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Lisa Trede (2006-Present)|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Marriage Date||November 2009|
|Educational Qualification||Not Available|
|Profession||German Professional Footballer|
|Brands Endorsed||• Adidas|
|Career Manager||• Kogl & Partner GmbH|
• Agentur Gotha, Talent Agency, Germany
|International Debut||For Bayern Munich in 2008|
|Current Team(s)||Bayern Munich|
|Records (main ones)||• In 2009-10, season playing for Bayern Munich, he helped club win League and Cup double.|
• In 2011-12 season, Müller scored 23 goals and Bayern won a historic treble; the league title, cup and Champions League.
• In the 2010 World Cup, he scored 5 goals in 6 appearances helping Germany get Third Place. He was named the best young player of the tournament and achieved "The Golden Boot" as well for tournament's top scorer.
• Müller played crucial role for the national team Germany in 2014 FIFA World Cup. He scored 5 goals and received "The Silver Boot" for tournament's second top scorer.
• On the basis of his performance in 2014 World Cup, he was named in the World Cup All Star XI.
• As per "The Guardian" British daily news paper, he was ranked fifth best player in the world in 2014.
|Awards & Achievements||• He received the 2010 ‘FIFA World Cup Golden Boot’ for being the top goal-scorer of the tournament. The same year, he earned three more honors: the ‘FIFA World Cup Best Young Player,’ the ‘World Soccer Young Player of the Year,’ and the ‘FIFA World Cup – Most Assists’ (3).|
• At the 2014 ‘FIFA World Cup,’ Müller won the ‘Silver Boot’ for being the second-best goal-scorer of the tournament. He also won the 2014 ‘FIFA World Cup Silver Ball’ for the being the second-best player of the tournament.
• After the 2014 ‘FIFA World Cup,’ he was included in the ‘All-Star XI Team’ and the ‘Dream Team.’ In 2010, he won the ‘VdV Newcomer of the Year Award’ and the ‘Bravo Award.’ He was nominated for the ‘UEFA- Best Player in Europe’ honor for the 2012–2013 season.
|Career Turning Point||• In 2009-10 season playing for Bayern Munich, he was named Bundesliga player of the month.|
• In FIFA World Cup 2010, when he became the top goalscorer of the tournament.
|Strengths||• Scoring abilities|
• Head plays
• Work ethic
• Defensive contribution
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 186 cm|
in meters- 1.86 m
in Feet Inches- 6’ 1”
|Weight (Approx.)||in Kilograms- 76 kg|
in Pounds- 168 lbs
|Chest Size||40 inches|
|Biceps Size||14½ inches|
|Waist Size||32 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||German|
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
|Eye Color||Light Green|
|Dress Size||Not Available|
|Shoe Size||10 (US) or 9 (UK) or 43 (EU)|
|Favourite Playing Position||Forward/Winger/Attacking Midfielder|
|Favourite Football Players||Ronaldinho|
|Favourite Food||Leberkase sandwich|
|Favourite Movies||Gangster movies|
|Favourite Drink||Passion fruit soda|
Müller was born on September 13, 1989, in Weilheim in Oberbayern, West Germany, to Klaudia and Gerhard. Pähl, a village near his birthplace, was where he grew up. He has a younger brother named Simon.
He trained as part of the club’s youth systems before joining the German Bundesliga team Bayern Munich in 2000. ‘TSV Pähl’ was where he began his youth career.
Muller is a Roman Catholic. In December 2009, he married his long-time girlfriend Lisa Trede. They were engaged for nearly two years. Equestrian and semi-professional farmer, she works on a farm.
As a member of the charity YoungWings, he helps young children who have experienced trauma or bereavement.
Thomas Müller Net Worth
Thomas Muller has a net worth of $22 million as of 2021. German national still has a very wealthy position despite being well below the valuation of other global superstars.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2020 (Approx)||$22 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2019(Approx)||$20 Million|
|Annual Salary||$4 Million|
|Income Source||German Professional Footballer|
|Cars Collection||Audi S5|
Muller could have easily moved to other clubs in a big-money deal that would have significantly increased his net worth, but he chose to stay and play for his hometown club, showing his loyalty and repaying the faith of the club and its supporters.
Despite playing a significant role at Bayern, Muller’s salary is only around €150,000 per week. This shows Muller doesn’t play for money but rather for the club and his teammates.
He is one of the most sought-after football players in Germany. He is a sponsored athlete for Adidas football, Procter & Gamble and Gillette, energy company Rewe, automobile company Volkswagen, Italian food manufacturer Barilla, and US grill manufacturer Weber-Stephen.
Muller is very fond of luxury sports cars and his collection includes brands like Nissan, Maserati, Ferrari, Audi, and BMW.
- Bayern Munich’s youth team finished as the runners-up in the Under-19 league during 2007. In August 2008, he made his debut for FC Bayern München against Hamburger SV in the Bundesliga. He became a member of the German national team in 2010.
- Müller first represented his country in 2004, when he was a member of Germany’s ‘Under-16’ team. He was named to the German national ‘Under-19’ team in November 2007 to face England. A member of the German national ‘Under-21’ team in 2009, he made his debut against Turkey in a friendly match, which his team lost.
- However, he played for the ‘Under-21’ team in November 2009 and led them to a 11-0 win over San Marino.
- Louis van Gaal became the new manager of Bayern Munich in 2009 and proved to be a great mentor for Thomas Müller.
- In February 2009, Müller joined the senior team of ‘Bayern Munich.’ In March 2009, he made his ‘Championship League’ debut in an away match against ‘Sporting CP,’ playing as a substitute for Bastian Schweinsteiger.
- Müller’s first match proved profitable for ‘Bayern Munich,’ and the team won more matches and trophies with Müller on the team. His 12 goals and 10 assists earned him the title of best ‘Bundesliga’ rookie of the 2009–2010 season.
- He was named Bundesliga Player of the Month for September 2009 for scoring two goals against Germany’s top club ‘Borussia Dortmund.’ He also scored two goals against ‘Maccabi Haifa’ and was named ‘Champions of the Month’ for April 2009.
- He played his first match for the German national team against Argentina in March 2010. It was his team that lost 0-1 against Toni Kroos, and he played as Toni Kroos’ replacement.
- He scored in the opening goal of his team’s 2–0 win against ‘Schalke 04’ after the 2010 ‘World Cup.’
- Bayern Munich’s first DFB-Pokal victory earned him two penalties and a ‘Man of the Match’ award in 2011. In March 2012, he played in his 100th ‘Bundesliga’ game against ‘FC Nürnberg.
- He helped the ‘Bayern Munich’ team win a historic treble in the 2012–2013 season: the Bundesliga title, the Cup, and the Champions League.
- He helped his club earn their eighth successive victory by beating ‘Fortuna Düsseldorf.’ He also scored a 1–0 victory over ‘Lille.’ His performance against ‘Borussia Dortmund’ helped his club win the 2012 ‘DFL-Supercup.
- He then signed a two-year contract extension with ‘Bayern Munich.’ After the 2013–2014 season, Müller renewed his contract with ‘Bayern Munich’ and rejected an offer from ‘Manchester United.’ In the 2016–2017 season, his performance helped his team win the 2016 ‘DFL-Supercup’ against ‘Borussia Dortmund.’
- Müller scored his first international goal against Australia during the 2010 FIFA World Cup and led Germany to a 4–0 victory. A total of five goals were scored by Müller but he won the Golden Boot for scoring the most goals during the tournament. He also received the honor of being awarded the ‘FIFA World Cup Best Young Player ‘and the ‘World Soccer Young Player of the Year ‘that year.
- During the Euro 2012 qualifying matches, Müller played all 10 games and contributed 7 assists. A semi-final loss to Italy ended the team’s run in the competition.
- Against Kazakhstan, he scored the first goal for Germany in the 2014 ‘World Cup’ qualifiers. In Germany’s opening match, he scored Germany’s first hat-trick, leading the team to a 4–0 victory. It was his performance that won him the ‘Man of the Match’ award. The German player was also included in the ‘World Cup Dream Team’ and ‘World Cup All-Stars’. He opened the scoring in the semifinals against Brazil and helped Germany win 7–1.
- He is only the third player to have scored at least 5 goals in his first two ‘World Cups’ and his performance made Germany win the ‘2014 FIFA World Cup.’ He was awarded the Silver Boot for being the second-best scorer in the tournament.
- In 2016, he played for Germany at the UEFA Euro, where their team reached the semi-finals. He did not score in the tournament, however.
Facts About Thomas Müller
- Does Thomas Müller smoke?: Yes
- Does Thomas Müller drink Alcohol?: Yes
- Müller plays a variety of positions on the ground, including attacking midfielder, second striker, and center forward.
- Since the start of his senior career, Müller has played only for Bayern Munich.
- More than 90 goals have been scored by him for Bayern Munich in 229 appearances.
- In Germany’s 4-0 victory over Portugal in the 2014 FIFA World Cup, Müller scored a hat-trick.
- He suffered stitches after colliding with John Boye during a play in June 2014.
- Müller is revered for his roles in FIFA World Cups. In the 2010 FIFA World Cup, he scored the most goals, and in the 2014 FIFA World Cup, he was the second most prolific scorer.
- 2014 was ranked as his best year as a footballer in “The Guardian.”
- Lisa Müller, Thomas’ longtime girlfriend, married him in 2009.
- Thomas Müller is best friends with Arjen Robben and Mesut Ozil.
- Neither Thomas nor his body is tattooed.
Is Thomas Mueller related to Gerd Mueller?
At the 1970 World Cup finals in Mexico, Mueller scored 10 goals to finish top scorer, before West Germany went on to win the 1972 European championships. He helped nurture current Germany star Thomas Mueller, who was no relation, at Bayern.
How old is Thomas Mulla?
Who is Thomas Muller’s dad?
What is Thomas Muller’s salary?
1.49 crores EUR (2020)
Are Gerd and Thomas related?
The father of Mueller does not resemble the renowned German international, ‘Der Bomber’, who was a legend in the 1970s. They did, however, work together on an advertisement. Thomas’s talents were admired by Gerd, according to records.
Is Gerd Müller still alive?