Simon Cowell is a television personality and record producer. He became remarkable as a judge on various talent shows like ‘Pop Idol,’ ‘American Idol,’ and ‘The X Factor.’ He is renowned, or rather notorious, for his biting and sarcastic remarks on participant’s performances in reality shows. A Rich entrepreneur, he is the founder of the television and music production house, ‘Syco,’ which delivered the highly successful ‘Got Talent’ franchise in the U.S. and the U.K. As a youngster, he was thrown out of several schools due to his unacceptable behavior. He attended college but dropped out before finishing his degree. Concerned about his future, his father arranged many job interviews for him which he deliberately sabotaged.
He even got an opportunity to work as a runner on Stanley Kubrick’s movie ‘The Shining,’ but experienced problems with his colleagues due to his ill-temper. His father got him a job with ‘EMI Music Publishing’ where he rose to the post of an Artists and Repertoire (A&R) man. He was chosen to judge the British music television show ‘Pop Idol’ along with Neil Fox and Nicki Chapman. He was observed by the public for being the rudest and insensitive judge who did not think twice before passing bitter and insulting comments to the participants, a reputation that only got stronger as he moved on to judge other talent shows. He has also signed many popular bands like ‘Westlife,’ ‘One Direction,’ and ‘CNCO.’
|Birth Name||Simon Phillip Cowell|
|Nick Name||• Nasty Simon|
• Mr. Nasty
• Judge Dread
• Sarcastic Simon
|Age||(as in 2020) 61 Years|
|Religion||His religious views aren’t known|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Libra|
|Birth Place||Lambeth, London, England, UK|
|Date of Birth||07 October 1959|
|Residence||717 N Palm Drive, Beverly Hills, CA, USA|
|Mother's Name||Julie Brett Josie Dalglish (Ballet Dancer and Socialite)|
|Father's Name||Eric Selig Phillip Cowell (Estate Agent Developer and Music Industry Executive)|
|Brother||• Nicholas Cowell (Younger)|
• John Cowell (Step Brother)
• Tony Cowell (Older Step Brother)
• Michael Cowell (Step Brother)
• June Cowell (Older Step Sister)
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Children||Son- Eric Cowell|
|School||Radlett Preparatory School, Hertfordshire|
Windsor Technical College
|Educational Qualification||Not Available|
|Profession||• A&R representative|
• Reality television judge
|Brands Endorsed||• Verizon Xtra Factor App|
• Vanilla Coke (2003)
• Pizza Hut (2002)
• Sony X Headphones
|Career Manager||Not Available|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm|
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet inches- 5′ 9″
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 84 kg|
in pounds- 185 lbs
|Chest Size||45 Inches|
|Biceps Size||15 Inches|
|Waist Size||36 Inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||White|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Dress Size||Not Available|
|Shoe Size||Not Available|
|Favourite Movie||The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (2005)|
Simon Cowell was born on 7 October 1959, in Lambeth, London, England. His father Eric Philip Cowell, was a music industry executive and estate agent, while his mother Julie Brett, was a ballet dancer. He is of mixed ancestry and has 1 brother and many half-siblings.
He attended ‘Radlett Preparatory School,’ but did not like the rules and regulations of the school and was frequently reprimanded for bad behavior. He went to ‘Dover College,’ but dropped out before completing his education. He had interests in films and music, but not in academics.
He floated in and out of jobs, obstructing several interviews set up by his father, before landing in the mailroom at his father’s company, EMI Music Publishing. Cowell then received a position as assistant to an A&R executive at EMI in 1979, after which he became a talent scout.
Cowell left EMI during the early 1980s to form E&S Music with his boss at EMI, Ellis Rich. The company formed several hits, but Cowell quit by mutual agreement a few years later. In 1985 he and a partner created the independent label Fanfare Records, which enjoyed short-lived success until folding in 1989. In financial distress, Cowell was pushed to move back in with his family.
Cowell authorized as a consultant with BMG Records later that same year. He migrated his own place and progressively climbed the corporate ladder at BMG. He managed to sign a chain of successful acts for the company, selling more than 150 million records and 70 top-charting singles in the U.K. and United States.
Simon Cowell Net Worth
Simon Cowell has a net worth of $600 million.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2019 (Approx)||$600 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2018(Approx)||Under Review|
|Annual Salary||$95 Million|
|Income Source||A&R representative, Reality television judge, entrepreneur, philanthropist|
He has regularly been one of the highest-paid celebrities in the world for over two decades.
In a common year, he earns $50 – $100 million from his various endeavors. For example, between June 2019 and June 2020 he earned $50 million. The tremendous majority of his earnings come from judging and producing three shows; “America’s Got Talent”, “Britain’s Got Talent” and “The X-Factor”.
When you total up all of Simon’s various business enterprise incomes, his annual salary regularly exceeds $95 million. His highest salary for American Idol was $33 million per season. Cowell’s final year as a host of American Idol was in 2010, and now he hosts his own show, The X Factor.
Between June 2017 and June 2018, Simon received $45 million. Between June 2018 and June 2019 he earned $41 million. In the following 12 month period, he earned $50 million.
In 2017, Simon Cowell shopped a $26.995 million oceanfront home on the Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu. The modern home sits on a private bluff at the end of a gated driveway.
The seven-bedroom, 7.5-bathroom home offers ocean views from nearly every room, and the master suite is complete with a fireplace, two bathrooms, and even a spa/massage room. The pool, spa, barbecue, and lounge area are stretch out on the stone courtyard, a tennis court, gym, and four-car garage are elsewhere on the 1.63-acre property.
Cowell also owns two homes in Beverly Hills, a mansion in London’s Holland Park, and a three-bedroom residence on the Upper East Side of Manhattan.
Relationships, Son & Personal Life
After dating entertainment journalist Terri Seymour, Cowell got engaged to Idol makeup artist Mezhgan Hussainy in 2010. However, the couple quit off their engagement the following year, with Cowell noting, “We came to the outcome that I’m a hopeless boyfriend.” He went on to shortly date actress and model Carmen Electra.
By 2013 the famed TV personality was privately seeing New York City socialite Lauren Silverman, then married to a friend of Cowell’s. When their affair derived in a pregnancy, Silverman’s husband filed for divorce. Cowell became a father with the birth of son Eric on February 14, 2014.
Despite earlier contending that he never wanted children, Cowell had reformed his tune by the time his own son came into the world. “Eric is absolutely incredible and so funny,” he told the Media. “Being a father is the best thing that ever happened to me.”
In 2019 Cowell disclosed that he had adopted a vegan diet as part of a healthier lifestyle.
Simon Cowell Movies And TV Shows
- He got an opportunity to perform as a runner on the sets of the movie ‘The Shining,’ but he left as he could not get along with other staff members.
- He finally settled a job as a mailroom clerk at ‘EMI Music Publishing’ with the help of his father. His interest in music and television empowered him to move up the ladder and he became an assistant to an A & R executive in 1979.
- He left the company in the early-1980s and started ‘E&S Music’ in collaboration with his former boss.
- However, the company did not last long.
- In 1985, he created ‘Fanfare Records’ with his partner Iain Burton. The company delivered hits like ‘So Macho’ and ‘Toy Boy’ and appreciated short term success. However, the company was shut in 1989, forcing Cowell to move in with his parents.
- He was offered the position of an A&R consultant by BMG in 1989. His responsibility was to scout for talent and find new artists for the company. He did well and introduced artists like ‘Robson & Jerome’ to the music industry.
- He was selected to provide as one of the judges in ‘Pop Idol,’ a British television music competition show on ITV in 2001. The show ran till 2003. He soon became notorious for his blunt and often rude criticisms aimed at the contestants.
- In 2002, he began ‘Syco Entertainment,’ a global joint venture with ‘Sony Music Entertainment.’ The company deals with music, television, and digital content, and is the producer of ‘The X Factor’ and ‘Got Talent’ franchises.
- He was one of the judges of ‘American Idol’ along with Paula Abdul, Randy Jackson, and many others. The format of this show was based on the British reality show ‘Pop Idol.’ He judged the show from 2002 to 2010.
- He formed a music competition titled ‘The X Factor’ in 2004. The original U.K version of the show was so successful that it was adapted into many versions around the world.
- Inspired by the rapid popularity of the competitions, Cowell designed a competition format that was open not only to the singers but also to other performers like instrumentalists, comedians, magicians, etc. Thus, the ‘Got Talent’ franchise was born, and ‘America’s Got Talent’ introduced in 2006.
- Over the years, he has developed and co-produced several other shows like ‘American Inventor’ (2006), ‘Rock Rivals’ (2008), and ‘Red or Black?’ (2011).
- In partnership with YouTube, Cowell inaugurated a video-sharing competition called ‘The You Generation’ in 2013.
- In 2018, it was revealed that Cowell had created his first BBC show titled ‘The Greatest Dancer,’ which debuted in January 2019.
TV Shows & Serials List
|2019||The Kelly Clarkson Show|
|2015||The Late Late Show with James Corden|
|2014||Pudsey the Dog: The Movie|
The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
One Direction: This Is Us
The X Factor
|2011||The X Factor|
Red or Black?
|2007||Britain's Got Talent|
Australia's Got Talent
America's Got Talent
|2005||The X Factor|
|2004||The Xtra Factor|
The X Factor
|2003||Scary Movie 3|
Anderson Cooper 360°
The Ellen DeGeneres Show
Jimmy Kimmel Live!
Ant & Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway
|1998||Total Request Live|
Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?
The Daily Show
E! True Hollywood Story
|1986||The Oprah Winfrey Show|
|1983||Live with Kelly and Ryan|
|1980||Children in Need|
|1975||Saturday Night Live|
- Simon Cowell has been designated in the “Hundred Most Influential People in the World” list by Time magazine on two distinct occasions in 2004 and 2010.
- In 2013, TV Guide put him at #10 spot in the list featuring “60 Nastiest Villains of All-Time”.
- Cowell has been engaged with charity Together for Short Lives in the capacity of a patron. The charity works with children suffering from life-threatening or other serious illnesses.
- In the aftermath of the 2010 Haiti earthquake, he formed the charity single, Everybody Hurts.
- The Daily Telegraph has placed Cowell at #6 position in the list of “Hundred Most Influential Personalities in British Culture” in the past.
- Cowell is obsessed with cleanliness and takes about three baths a day. In addition, he also likes to take around two steam sessions a day.
- His pre-show ritual comprises of breathing in oxygen through a bottle.
- Simon Cowell used to work as a mail boy at the EMI Music Publishing before climbing to the position of A&R representative.
- In 2014, his black Bugatti Veyron was sold for $1.25 million at Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale. The collected auctioned amount was donated to a charity.
- In 2002, he began Syco Entertainment which acts as a production company, talent agency, record label, and music publisher.
- At one point in time, he even worked as a waiter at Elton John’s London restaurant.
[wps_faq style=”classic” question=”How Did Simon Cowell Get Famous?”]He Worked As A Record Producer, Talent Scout And Consultant Within The Music Industry Before Producing The Hit British Tv Show Pop Idol And Its U.S. Counterpart, American Idol. Cowell’s Scathing Comments Were Famous During His Nine Seasons As A Judge On American Idol.[/wps_faq]
[wps_faq style=”classic” question=”Why Did Simon Cowell Leave American Idol?”]Acerbic Chief Judge Simon Cowell “Migrated” From American Idol To America’s Got Talent Due To A Major Issue With His Former Show. Hollywood Life Reported Yesterday That The 59-year-old British Music Producer, Who Judged American Idol From 2002 To 2010, Took Issue With The Age Limit For Its Contestants.[/wps_faq]
[wps_faq style=”classic” question=”How Rich Is Simon Cowell?”]Simon Cowell Is A British Music Executive And Television Producer Who Has A Net Worth Of $600 Million. Simon Is One Of The Most Successful Media Personalities Of Both Music And Television Of The Last 30 Years. In A Typical Year, He Earns $50 – $100 Million From His Various Endeavors.[/wps_faq]
[wps_faq style=”classic” question=”Did Simon Cowell Create Britain’s Got Talent?”]He Worked As A Record Producer, Talent Scout And Consultant Within The Music Industry Before Producing The Hit British Tv Show Pop Idol And Its U.S. Counterpart, American Idol. Cowell’s Scathing Comments Were Famous During His Nine Seasons As A Judge On American Idol.[/wps_faq]
[wps_faq style=”classic” question=”What Happened To Simon Cowell’s Son?”]Just Before The Coronavirus Pandemic Shook The Uk, Simon Cowell Opened Up About His Fears For His Young Son Eric, Six, In A New Interview About His Family Life. Luckily, Simon And His Family Are All In Good Health, And The Music Mogul Recently Revealed That He Had Tested Negative For Covid-19.[/wps_faq]
[wps_faq style=”classic” question=”Who Made Simon Cowell Cry?”]Contestant Josh Daniels Had Performed Jealous By Labrinth Which He Dedicated To His Best Friend Who Died In A Car Crash, Aged 18, Two Years Ago In 2013. Josh Had No Idea That Simon Was Grieving, But Realised That His Heartfelt Rendition Had Clearly Moved The Music Mogul.[/wps_faq]
[wps_faq style=”classic” question=”What Did Simon Cowell Do To His Teeth?”]It’s Thought Cowell Has Spent Thousands Of Pounds On His Teeth To Get Them Looking So Perfect, Including Tooth Whitening Procedures. And Tooth Whitening Is Now Seen As A Crucial Element To Any Make-over – It’s A Regular Treatment On Tv Shows, Such As Ten Years Younger.[/wps_faq]
[wps_faq style=”classic” question=”Why Did Simon Cowell Cry After Audition?”]Simon Cowell Surprised Viewers When He Was Seen Wiping Away Tears During An X Factor Audition. Now, The Tv Judge Has Opened Up About His Emotional Reaction Which Came Just After The Death Of His Beloved Mother. Julie Was 89 When She Passed Away Following A Stroke In 2014.[/wps_faq]
[wps_faq style=”classic” question=”How Much Weight Has Simon Cowell Lose?”]Simon Has Lost 60Lbs After Embarking On A Health And Fitness Regime. He Used To Binge On Sausage Rolls, Hamburgers And His Favourite Jam Tarts Made By His Personal Chefs.[/wps_faq]
[wps_faq style=”classic” question=”How Much Did Simon Cowell’s Teeth Cost?”]Simon Cowell Teeth: ‘Off The Scale’ White Teeth Estimated To Have Cost £50,000.[/wps_faq]
[wps_faq style=”classic” question=”Can Simon Cowell Actually Sing?”]Simon Cowell Has Been Judging Singing Competitions For As Long As Some Of The Latest Batch Of Contestants Have Been Alive. And Yet, We’ve Never Heard Him Sing A Single Note, Despite Attempts By His Fellow Judges Over The Years. One Of The Two Newest Judges Thrust A Microphone In His Face And Demanded That He Sing.[/wps_faq]
[wps_faq style=”classic” question=”How Did Simon Lose 20 Pounds?”]Cowell, Has Credited His Weight Loss To A Strict Vegan Diet That Saw Him Say Goodbye To Meat, Dairy, Wheat, And Sugar. The American Idol Alum Took The Doctor’s Advice, Jokingly Comparing The Diet To That Of His Son Eric, 5, Whom He Shares With Girlfriend Lauren Silverman.[/wps_faq]
[wps_faq style=”classic” question=”What Did Simon Cowell Eat To Lose Weight?”]Cowell Had Initially Gone Vegan, Cutting Out Gluten, Sugar, And Dairy, But Now Says That He Is Eating White Meat. And Thankfully, His New Diet Includes His Favourite Tipple, Corona Premium Light. ‘All I Do Is Avoid Just Red Meat, White Meat Is Fine, And I Eat Loads Of Vegetables, Salads And Drink This Great Beer.[/wps_faq]
[wps_faq style=”classic” question=”Who Is Simon Cowell’s Dentist?”]Cowell’s Whitened Teeth Have Been The Subject Of Both Ridicule And Admiration In The Press. After Accepting His Award, Cowell Dedicated It To His Dentist, Rob Mcneil. But A Leading Scottish Cosmetic Dentist Suggests That Most Patients Shun His Dazzling White Smile Makeover.[/wps_faq]