Ellen DeGeneres is a television personality, actor, writer, comedian, and producer from the United States. She featured in the comedy Ellen between 1994 and 1998 and is the host of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, a nationwide television chat show, from 2003. Degeneres is also known for her television sitcom Ellen and The Ellen Show, from 1994 to 1998 and 2001 to 2002 respectively. In an episode on The Oprah Winfrey Show while she was in the fourth season of her television show Ellen, revealed her sexual orientation as a lesbian.
DeGeneres has hosted several awards shows, including the Academy Awards, Primetime Emmys, and Grammy Awards. She has written four novels and founded Eleveneleven, a record label, as well as Very Good Production, a production business. She also created ED Ellen DeGeneres, a lifestyle label that includes clothes, accessories, baby, home, and pet products. For her career and philanthropic endeavors, she has received 30 Emmys, 20 People’s Choice Awards, and several other honors.
Ellen DeGeneres Bio/Wiki
|Birth Name||Ellen Lee DeGeneres|
|Age||65 years (as in 2023)|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Aquarius|
|Birth Place||Metairie, Louisiana, United States|
|Date of Birth||26 January 1958|
|Residence||Beverly Hills, California|
|Home Town||Metairie, Louisiana|
|Mother’s Name||Betty DeGeneres|
|Father’s Name||Elliott DeGeneres|
Portia de Rossi
Marital Status, Husband and Children
|Husband/Spouse||Portia de Rossi (from 2008 to present)|
|Marriage Date||16 August 2008|
|School||Grace King High School|
Atlanta High School
|College/University||University of New Orleans|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor in Communication (drop out)|
|Brands Endorsed||American Express|
J. C. Penney
|Career Manager||Not Known|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)|| in centimeters- 165 cm|
in meters- 1.65 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 5”
|Weight (Approx.)||in Kilograms- 64 kg|
in Pounds- 141 lbs
|Breast Size||33 inches|
|Hips Size||34 inches|
|Waist Size||27 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||English |
|Dress Size||4 (US)|
|Shoe Size||8 (US)|
|Favourite Food||Vegan Red Beans and Rice|
|Favourite Personalities||Woody Allen|
|Favourite Drink||Pinnacle Vodka|
|Favourite Book||Axel Veervoordt: Living with Light|
|Favourite Color||Navy Blue|
|Favourite Television Channel||Animal Planet|
DeGeneres was born in Metairie, Louisiana, on 26th January 1958 to speech therapist Elizabeth Jane and insurance agent Elliott Everett DeGeneres. She was educated as a Christian She is of German, English, Irish and French heritage. Her parents split the next year after filing for divorce in 1973.
Ellen’s mother married Roy Gruessendorf, a businessman, not long after. Betty Jane and Ellen traveled from the New Orleans region to Atlanta, Texas, with Grussendorf. Vance chose to remain with his father.
Her stepfather assaulted her when she was 15 or 16 years old. After spending her early years of high school at Grace King High School in Metairie, DeGeneres graduated from Atlanta High School in May 1976. She returned to New Orleans to get a degree in communications studies from the University of New Orleans.
She dropped college after one semester to work as a clerical assistant at a legal office alongside a cousin, Laura Gillen. J. C. Penney was one of her first employers, and she also worked as a server at TGI Fridays and another restaurant. She worked as a house painter, a waitress, and a bartender, among other things.
DeGeneres began her stand-up career in tiny clubs and coffee shops. She was the emcee of New Orleans’ Clyde’s Comedy Club by 1981. Woody Allen and Steve Martin were two of DeGeneres’ primary influences at the time. She began touring nationwide in the early 1980s, and in 1984, she was awarded Showtime’s hilarious person in America.
Ellen DeGeneres appeared in a series of videos for a program called Ellen’s Energy Adventure, which was part of Walt Disney World’s Epcot’s Universe of Energy entertainment and park.
Her stand-up journey began in the 1980s, and she had a performance on Johnny Carson’s Tonight Show in 1986. As a movie actress, DeGeneres appeared in Mr. Wrong in 1996, The Love Letter in 1999, and EDtv in 1999, as well as providing the audio of Dory within Pixar animated movies Finding Nemo in 2003 as well as Finding Dory in 2016.
For Nemo, she managed to win the Saturn Award for Best Supporting Actress, becoming the first actress to receive the prize for a voice performance. She was also a judge for the ninth season of American Idol in 2010.
DeGeneres’ first regular TV appearance was in the Fox comedy Open House, which aired for only one season. The sitcom Ellen, titled These Friends of Mine during its first season, was based on DeGeneres’ comedic career.
DeGeneres reappeared to television in 2001 with The Ellen Show, a CBS comedy that lasted 13 episodes before being canceled. In September 2003, DeGeneres debuted The Ellen DeGeneres Show, a daytime talk show. During the 2017–2018 television season, DeGeneres began presenting the NBC game show Ellen’s Game of Games.
DeGeneres released on May 2021, that she will stop her talk show when the nineteenth season ended in 2022.
Ellen DeGeneres Net Worth
Ellen DeGeneres is a multi-millionaire with a net worth of $550 million.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||$550 million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$500 million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||$410 million|
|Annual Salary||$75 – $90 million|
|Income Source||Television Show|
Every year, DeGeneres makes between $75 million to $90 million in income. Ellen, for instance, made $80 million through her different ventures from June 2018 to June 2019.
Ellen Degeneres and Portia de Rossi are both known for flipping houses. Since 2003, the pair has purchased and sold over 20 houses. DeGeneres and de Rossi sold homes for $6.98 million, $23 million, $15.5 million, and $45 million just in 2019. Ellen and Portia paid $49 million for their latest house purchase in Montecito, California in November 2020. The 4-acre property’s buying price came close to breaking the local record.
- During the period that Ellen was doing odd jobs, she began performing stand-up comedy sketches in coffee shops and tiny clubs. Ellen was the master of ceremonies of Clyde’s Comedy Club in New Orleans around 1981.
- In the early 1980s, she began touring nationwide with her stand-up act. In 1984, she was recognised as the Funniest Person in America by Showtime. In 1989, she earned her first recurring role on the Fox comedy Open House,
- and in 1992, she landed a part on the brief sitcom Laurie Hill. DeGeneres pleased the filmmakers so much that she was cast for their next ABC production, These Friends of Mine.
- In its second season, the show was called Ellen. When Ellen DeGeneres came out as a lesbian on The Oprah Winfrey Show in April 1997, the show reached its pinnacle of success.
- Her character on the comedy, portrayed by Oprah Winfrey, came out to her therapist at the same time. Ellen was cancelled in May 1998 when ratings dropped as a result of ABC decided to withdraw the show
- DeGeneres resumed her stand-up tour when her series was cancelled. In 2001, she made a comeback with The Ellen Show, a CBS comedy that lasted 13 episodes before being cancelled.
- She dubbed the voice of Dory in the 2003 film Finding Nemo.
- Soon Ellen’s own show, The Ellen DeGeneres Show premiered in the fall of 2003. It is become one of daytime television’s most popular discussion shows.
- The programme earned 25 Emmy Awards in just its first three seasons alone. On 1st May 2009, Ellen completed her 100th episode on the show. In December 2015, she performed her 2000th show.
- DeGeneres joined “American Idol” as a judge in 2010. She took the place of Paula Abdul. “It didn’t feel like the perfect match for me,” she said after one season.
- In 2012 a spin off of that Finding Nemo film was released named Finding Dory where she reprised her voice role.
- DeGeneres began presenting the game programme Ellen’s Game of Games on NBC in the 2017-2018 television season, which expanded on games performed on her talk show.
- DeGeneres has also hosted the 53rd and the 57th Primetime Emmy Award, 29 th Grammy Awards, as well as the 79th and the 86th Academy Awards ceremonies.
- Ellen was the first female comic to be invited to talk with Johnny Carson on The Tonight Show’s sofa.
- Madonna is her 11th cousin, while the Duchess of Cambridge is her 15th cousin.
- She rejected down a part on the hit television programme Friends.
- Ellen’s Energy Adventure, an attraction at Disney World’s Epcot, was named after her.
- She is only the second woman to host the Academy Awards in history.
- She is a vegan since she turned 50 and is an animal rights activist.
- Ellen was honoured with the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the highest civilian honour in the United States.
- In the comedy film Coneheads, she played the role of coach for the first time in a feature film in 1993.
- She has received the most number of People’s Choice Awards.
Ellen does not have any children.
Ellen is 15 years older than Portia.
Betty DeGeneres and Elliott DeGeneres.