Shakeela is an Indian film actress and former glamour model. She predominantly acted in Malayalam cinema and also acted in Tamil, Telugu and Kannada language films. Shakeela debuted in the Tamil film Playgirls (1995) at the age of 18 as a supporting actress. She appeared in about 250 films, most of them softcore, which made her a major sex symbol in the late 1990s and early 2000s.
hakeela was born on 20-11-1971 in Nellore in the state of Andhra Pradesh, India. She is an Indian Film Actress & Film Director who well known for her work in Kannada, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Hindi, Bhojpuri & Odia cinema.
[table id=768 /]
Shakeela was born in a conservative Muslim family based in Kodambakkam, Madras, India. Her mother Chan Begum was from Nellore in Andhra Pradesh and father Chan Basha was from Madras. She had six other siblings and did her school education from six different schools in Madras. She was not good at studies and could not complete her school leaving certificate examination, eventually making her foray into films.
Shakeela Net Worth
Shakeela’s estimated Net Worth, Salary, Income, Cars, Lifestyles & much more details has been updated below. Let’s check, How Rich is Shakeela in 2023?
[table id=769 /]
Noted, Currently We don’t have enough information about Cars, Monthly/Yearly Salary etc. We will update soon.
She acted in many B grade movies and also in soft-porn movies. One of her big hit films was Kinnarathumbikal in Malayalam, which brought her into the limelight and resulted in an unheard-of craze for her from youngsters to the old. She did a few controversial topless scenes in her initial movies, but once she got noticed after Kinnarathumbikal. Her B-Grade films were dubbed and released in almost all Indian languages. Her films were dubbed even into foreign languages like Nepalese, Chinese, Sinhala, etc. After she acted in several movies, the soft-porn movie industry in India was colloquially called “Shakeela films”.
Shakeela started appearing in comedy oriented family character roles in Tamil, Telugu, and Kannada since 2003. She wrote her autobiography which told about her family, and her background, acquaintances with notable film personalities, politicians and childhood friends.
In January 2018, she announced her 250th film as an actor, Sheelavathi, would begin production.
Shakeela has featured in over 100 films in Malayalam, Tamil, Hindi, Kannada, Odia, and Telugu in various roles.
[table id=770 /]
In popular culture
Indrajit Lankesh directed a biopic based on her life. Richa Chadda has portrayed her character.
Some Known Facts About Shakeela
- She was raised in poverty before coming into the softcore porn industry.
- Shakeela was not a good student and went to six schools but got failed at every school.
- Prior to becoming a full-fledged actress, she worked as a child artist in movies until 1990.
- When she was 20 years old, she started to work as a softcore porn actress.
- When she was 23, her father passed away.
- When she started working in B-grade movies, she got her breakthrough with Kinnarathumbikal in Malayalam.
- Her B-grade films were also dubbed into Nepalese, Sinhala, Chinese, etc.
- In 2003, Shakeela started working in some comedy films of Tamil, Telugu, and Kannada Cinema.
- She can speak English, Hindi, Malayalam, Tamil, and other South Indian languages fluently.
- Shakeela has worked in more than 250 films.
- In 2018, director Indrajit Lankesh announced that he would make a biopic on Shakeela. Richa Chadda was set to portray Shakeela in that movie.
- She has written her autobiography and revealed that she was pushed into prostitution by her mother for the sake of money.
- She was offered a role in Rohit Shetty‘s Chennai Express but she rejected it.