Radhika Madan (born 1 May 1995) is an Indian film actress and television personality. Initially, Madan used to work as a dance instructor in New Delhi. In 2014, she made her television debut opposite TV actor Shakti Arora in Colors TV’s Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi. The show ended in 2016. Later, Madan made her Bollywood debut with Vishal Bhardwaj’s comedy-drama Pataakha (2018), for which she received nominations for Best Debut (Female) and Best Actress (Critics) at the Filmfare ceremony.
Radhika Madan made her debut with the serial Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi in the year 2014. In the same year, she also appeared in Jhalak Dikhhla Ja Season 7 as a guest to promote her show. She also won Zee Best Debut Awards for her debut serial. Other than serials Radhika Madan also worked in movies. She made her movie debut with Patakha movie in the year 2018. Her father’s name is Sujit Madan and her mother’s name is Neeru Madan. She has a brother named Arjun Madan. Radhika is unmarried and in a relationship with Ishan Arya.
Radhika Madan Bio/Wiki
[table id=318 /]
Radhika Madan Family
Radhika Madan was born on May 1, 1995 ( 28 years old as of 2023) in Pitampura, Delhi, India to Sujit Madan & Neeru Madan. Her father is a businessman by profession and her mother is a painter. She was bought up along with her elder brother Arjun Madan who is an implementation developer. She belongs to an upper-class Hindu family.
Radhika Madan Net Worth
According to Woodgram, Radhika Madan’s estimated Net Worth, Salary, Income, Cars, Lifestyles & many more details have been updated below. Let’s check, How Rich is Radhika Madan in 2023?
[table id=320 /]
Noted, Currently, We don’t have enough information about Cars, Monthly/Yearly Salary, etc. We will update you soon.
Belonging to Delhi, Madan started her career by acting in the daily soap Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi that ran for one and a half years on Colors TV. She also participated in the dance reality show Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa (season 8).
After trying her stint on television, Madan made her feature film debut with Vishal Bhardwaj’s comedy-drama Pataakha, alongside Sanya Malhotra. Based on the short story Do Behnen by Charan Singh Pathik, the story revolved around two sisters in Rajasthan who are always on conflict. The story was based on the wives of Pathik’s brothers. Both Madan and Malhotra met the real women for the dialect and the character’s nuances.
For the preparation, both Malhotra and Madan stayed in Ronsi village near Jaipur and learned the Rajasthani dialect; they also got accustomed with milking buffaloes, thatching roofs, plastering the walls with dung and walking for long distances while balancing matkas full of water on their head and one around their waist. They also had to put on 10 kgs of weight. Raja Sen wrote in his review, “Radhika Madan positively shines in this bossy role, unwavering in dialect and determination.”
Madan then appeared in Vasan Bala’s action-comedy Mard Ko Dard Nahi Hota. It premiered in the Midnight Madness section of the 2018 Toronto International Film Festival, where it won the People’s Choice Award: Midnight Madness. The film was also screened at the 2018 MAMI Film Festival where it received a standing ovation. Madan mentioned that she was auditioning for Laila Majnu (2018) when she got to know about Mard Ko Dard Nahi Hota and chose the latter film because of its “uniqueness”. She performed all the stunts herself and watched several classic action films for days to familiarise herself with the genre.
She was also injured and bruises while the physical training; she also followed a strict diet and a daily routine of exercises. Pradeep Menon of Firstpost called her a “delight as Supri” and noted that Madan “manages to make it work by sheer will and talent” despite the character having an “inconsistent treatment”. He further said that she “sparkles in the action sequences.
[table id=333 /]
[table id=321 /]
Some Known Facts About Radhika Madan
- Does Radhika Madan smoke?: No
- Does Radhika Madan drink alcohol?: Yes
- Radhika was born into a middle-class Punjabi family. Radhika Madan childhood photos
- She started dancing when she was in the 8th standard. She has learned jazz, hip-hop, ballet, and many other dance forms, and even worked as a dance instructor.
- Apart from dancing, she used to play cricket and was a tomboyish girl in childhood.
- In 2013, she participated in the ‘Veet – Be the Diva’ beauty contest.
- She never thought of becoming an actress as she always wanted to become a dancing star and even enrolled in a dance company in New York for a course and was supposed to leave India in July 2014. But, destiny had some other plans for her as just 15 days before she was to leave for New York, the team of ‘Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi’ saw her at a mall in Delhi and instantly offered her the female lead role in the show. Radhika Madan in younger days
- The same year, she was offered a role in Star Plus’s famous show ‘Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu’ season 2, but she refused the offer.
- She ran away from the shooting on the first day of ‘Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi’ as she found acting extremely difficult, especially crying. But later, she went on to become a household name with her role as “Ishaani” in the same show.
- With her first salary, she bought herself an expensive Louis Vuitton bag.
- Her parents allowed her to shift to Mumbai on one condition that she must live in a facing sea flat. Earlier, she found it difficult to find such a location, but later, she bought a sea-facing flat, that too near Vidya Balan and Shahid Kapoor‘s house.
- In 2015, she participated in Colors TV’s dancing reality show ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa – Reloaded,’ but she got eliminated in the 6th week. Radhika Madan – Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded
- Despite being an actress, she hates using make-up and prefers only kajal.
- She is an avid dog lover and has a dog named, Breezer.
- Her dream role is to play Kareena Kapoor’s role “Geet” in ‘Jab We Met 2.’
- She has a habit of closing her eyes while laughing and she wants to get rid of this habit.
- She also has a habit of slapping people in a friendly manner, without any reason.
- She is arachnophobic; fear of spiders.
Is Arora a Punjabi surname?
Arora or Aror-vanishes or Aror-vansh is an Indo-Aryan community of Punjab. According to some sources they are Vaishya (traditionally workers) and others Kshatriyas (traditionally warriors). Aroras are similar to the Khatri group.
Is Arora a low caste?
Arora is just a gotra of Khatris. In the varna Hindu caste system, Khatri is the same as ‘vaish’ (3rd highest). Kshatriya is # 2 and #1 is Brahmin. Shudra is the lowest of the low and therefore outside of the caste system.
Where does Radhika Madan live?
Radhika was born on 1 May 1995 at Pitampura, Delhi, India. She did her schooling at Delhi Public School, New Delhi, and after that completed her graduation from Jesus and Mary College, University of Delhi, New Delhi in B.Com.
How old is Radhika Madan?
28 years (1 May 1995)
What is the height of Radhika Madan?
Radhika Madan Height 5 ft 3 of every 163 cm and Weight 53 Kg 117 lbs. Her Body Measurements 33-26-33 Inches.