Bobby Darling is an openly transgender Indian actress active in Bollywood and regional Indian films, celebrity, reality show participant, and model. Before transitioning she appeared in the Limca Book of Records for doing 18 roles as a gay man by the time she was 23 years old. Bobby, during a visit to audition for a television show, caught the attention of Rishi Vohra, who cast her in the film Maine Dil Tujhko Diya as the leader of the college group The Sisters. Initially a minor role, the character was given a more pivotal part when producer-cum-director Sohail Khan was impressed with her performance during its filming.
In 2006 Darling came into wider Indian prominence when casting in the first season reality TV program Bigg Boss, which follows the Big Brother format, which was first developed by Endemol in the Netherlands. Darling was also the first person representing sexuality minorities who have continued on the show. She has since appeared on other shows, and media, and made appearances while continuing her acting career.
Bobby Darling Bio/Wiki
[table id=1320 /]
She was born on 10th January 1986 in Banaras. She is the second of three children of a carpet maker. As a young boy, she played only with girls and wanted to be a woman.
In the eighth grade, she started using her mother’s lipsticks and saris. In the 12th grade, she had her first serious relationship with a male classmate. Her parents took her to a sexologist, a psychiatrist, and even a temple.
Bobby Darling Net Worth
Bobby Darling Net Worth: Bobby Darling is an Indian actress and model who has a net worth of $10 million. Bobby Darling was born in Delhi, India.
[table id=1321 /]
Bobby Darling Filmography
[table id=1322 /]
- Does Bobby Darling smoke?: No
- Does Bobby drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Bobby used to be an introvert in her childhood days and used to play with girls only.
- For the first time, Bobby dressed up as a girl when he was in the 8th standard.
- By the time Bobby reached the 12th standard, she was in a relationship with a classmate. When Bobby’s parents came to know about it, they consulted specialists including a sexologist and a psychiatrist. Bobby’s father used to beat her for her s*xual preference.
- After the demise of her mother due to ‘kidney failure’, her boyfriend broke up with her after which she tried to commit suicide, but her father saved her.
- After facing constant teasing by her college mates, she left Delhi to Mumbai with just INR 8000 in her pocket.
When she first arrived in Mumbai, she lived in the railway station for 15 days.
- She started her career as a ‘gay dancer’ in a bar.
- When she started to look out for work in acting, she was suggested to change her name to Bobby Chikna, Bobby Sexy, Bobby Hot, etc. When she went for an audition at N Chandra’s office, he asked her my name and she spontaneously replied with the name ‘Bobby Darling.’ He found her name so catchy that he promised to give her work.
- She made her film debut with Subhash Ghai’s ‘Taal’ (1999), where she played the role of Aishwarya Rai‘s make-up artist.
- Bengali actress Moon Moon Sen and her daughters helped Bobby in her difficult times in Mumbai.
- She holds the ‘Limca Book of Record’ for playing the role of a gay 18 times in movies.
- She participated in ‘Bigg Boss 1’ (2006) and was the first one to get eliminated.
- She underwent a sex change operation before her marriage.