Ruby Rose is an Australian model, television host, DJ, actress, recording artist, and amateur boxer. She served as a VJ on ‘MTV’ Australia, a performance that brought her recognition in the entertainment industry. She started her career as a model, featuring prestigious magazines and serving famous fashion brands, such as ‘Maybelline’ and ‘Nike.’ She grew as a television host for ‘MTV’ as the job enabled her to be herself, in contrast to her past work as a model. She later emerged as a guest on many television shows, and was cast to play the role of ‘Stella Carlin’ in ‘Orange Is the New Black.’
She showed her acting courage while performing ‘Stella Carlin,’ and finally, settled important characters in blockbuster movies, such as ‘Resident Evil: The Final Chapter,’ ‘xXx: Return of Xander Cage,’ and ‘John Wick: Chapter 2.’ Apart from her modeling, hosting, and acting performances, she also proved herself in the field of music with the release of her single ‘Guilty Pleasure.’ She later wrote and directed the single ‘On Your Side’ by ‘The Veronicas.’ Ruby Rose, who is also recognized for her charity work, postured for a photoshoot as part of PETA’s ‘I’d Rather Go Nak*d Than Wear Fur’ campaign, showcasing her love for animals and tattoos.
Ruby Rose Wiki/Bio
|Birth Name||Ruby Rose Langenheim|
|Age||(as in 2020) 34 Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Pisces|
|Birth Place||Melbourne, Victoria, Australia|
|Date of Birth||20 March 1986|
|Home Town||Melbourne, Victoria, Australia|
|Mother's Name||Katia Langenheim (Artist)|
|Father's Name||Not Available|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• Lola Van Vorst |
• Lyndsey Anne McMillan
• Jessica Origliasso (2008; 2016-2018)
• Catherine McNeil (2009-2010
• Demi Lovato (2013)
• Phoebe Dahl (2014-2015)
• Halsey (2015)
• Harley Gusman (2016)
Marital Status, Husband and Children
|School||University High School|
|College/University||Footscray City College, Melbourne|
|Educational Qualification||Not Available|
|Profession||TV presenter, DJ, actress, model, recording artist, VJ|
|Brands Endorsed||Australian ambassador for |
• JAG (Australian jeans company)
• Georg Jensen (Luxury Danish label)
• Headspace (Australian youth mental health initiative)
• Urban Decay
|Career Manager||Radius Entertainment (TMA)|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm|
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet inches- 5’7”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 58 kg|
in pounds- 128 lbs
|Breast Size||34 Inches|
|Hips Size||35 Inches|
|Waist Size||25 Inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||White|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Eye Color||Light Green|
|Dress Size||4 (US) or 36 (EU)|
|Shoe Size||8 (US) or 38.5 (EU)|
|Favourite Actress||Not Available|
|Favourite Actors||Not Available|
|Favourite Sport||Not Available|
Rose was born in Melbourne, the daughter of Katia Langenheim, a 20-year-old single mother, and artist, whom she defines as one of her role models. As a young child, she traveled often, living in rural Victoria, Tasmania, and Surfers Paradise before eventually settling in Melbourne.
As a teenager, she joined University High School and Footscray City College. Rose is the goddaughter of Indigenous Australian boxer Lionel Rose and the great-granddaughter of Alec Campbell, who was the last surviving Australian Battle of Gallipoli soldier.
Rose came out as a lesbi*n at age 12. She stated that she was threatened and that this combined verbal and physical abuse by her male peers, because of her s*xuality and gender variance. She was also s*xually damaged as a child by a relative. Rose endured suicidal thoughts and attempted suicide at age 12.
Commenting on having tried suicide multiple times during her life and being diagnosed with different disorders, including clinical depression (which was originally misdiagnosed as bipolar disorder) and multiple post-traumatic stress disorder, she said that she has grappled with mental health issues all of her life. She replied, “What I have seen from the efforts of mental health is just how strong I am.”
Rose announced she was convinced she was a boy while growing up and that she was gathering up money to physically transition from female to male. She said, “It was in my mind as something I wanted to do and then I just, didn’t. I guess I grew out of it. I even managed to sleep on my front because I didn’t want to get bo*bs ever, which I think served actually.”
In 2014, Rose published her engagement to fashion designer Phoebe Dahl; in December 2015, they ended their romantic relationship. Rose was in a relationship with singer Jess Origliasso of The Veronicas from October 2016 to April 2018, having previously dated in 2008.
Rose is a vegan; she recommended that people who want to help address climate change should consider what they are eating.
In 2019, Rose shared emergency back surgery for a spine issue that led to two herniated discs made by her work on a film set doing physical stunts. She said if she did not have the surgery, she was in danger of being paralyzed.
Ruby Rose Net Worth
Ruby Rose Langenheim has a net worth of $2 million.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2019 (Approx)||$2 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2018(Approx)||Under Review|
|Annual Salary||Under Review|
|Income Source||TV presenter, DJ, actress, model, recording artist, VJ|
Ruby Rose Movies And TV Shows
- Ruby Rose first earned recognition in 2002 when she joined the ‘Girlfriend Model Search’ competition, organized by the Australian magazine ‘Girlfriend.’ She was one of the finalists and achieved second after Catherine McNeil.
- In 2007, Ruby Rose chose to shift from modeling to television and participated in the national ‘MTV VJ Search’ along with 2000 other contestants. She was hired at the end of the three-week program and went on to host ‘MTV Australia’ till 2011.
- During 2009, she performed as a guest in the TV series ‘Talkin’ ‘Bout Your Generation,’ in which she represented ‘Generation Y’ along with comedian Josh Thomas.
- The same year, she was a guest judge on the episode ‘Media Virgins’ of ‘Australia’s Next Top Model.’ She also performed as a correspondent for the live finale of the show.
- She was a co-host on the Australian television news talk show ‘The 7 pm Project’ from 2009 to 2011, after which she left the program. She also hosted the red carpet event at ‘MTV Australia Awards 2009.’
- In 2010, she was the host of the Australian version of ‘Ultimate School Musical,’ which follows a group of school-going adolescents for six weeks as they try to produce high-quality music. That year, she became an official acquaintance of ‘Foxtel’ for the ‘Vancouver Winter Olympics’ after hosting the ‘Foxtel Mardi Gras’ for three years straight.
- After a short rest from modeling, she released her own capsule fashion line from the Australian fashion label ‘Milk and Honey’ in 2010. She also collaborated with the street footwear brand ‘Galaz.’
- In 2010, she became the face of the famous international beauty brand ‘Maybelline.’
- Ruby Rose made her film acting debut in the Australian comedy film ‘Suite for Fleur,’ which released in 2008. Her next opportunity to act in a film came in the year 2013 when she was cast in the film ‘Around the Block.’
- She later became the face of ‘Urban Decay Cosmetics’ in March 2016, and the face of Swarovski ‘Urban Fantasy’ FW17 Collection in May 2017.
- She reportedly waited unemployed for two years before settling her breakthrough acting opportunity in the ‘Netflix’ drama series ‘Orange Is the New Black’ in 2015. Casting agent Jennifer Euston selected her for the recurring character of ‘Stella Carlin,’ whom she portrayed throughout season three and season four of the show.
- In 2014, when she could not audition for characters as she was unable to hire a manager or an agent, she decided to produce the short film ‘Break Free.’ The video went viral, receiving millions of views, and opened up numerous acting opportunities for her. Subsequently, she appeared in the TV series ‘Orange Is the New Black.’
- In 2014, she designed and delivered ethical street-wears under the clothing range ‘Faircloth Lane,’ in collaboration with her then-partner Phoebe Dahl. She went on to feature on a number of leading magazines, such as ‘Vogue Australia,’ ‘InStyle Magazine,’ ‘Maxim,’ and ‘New York’s Inked Magazine.’
- In 2015, she also appeared in the guest performance of ‘service robot Wendy’ in the science fiction series ‘Dark Matter’ and co-hosted the ‘MTV Europe Music Awards.’
- She then served in the 2016 animated movie ‘Sheep and Wolves,’ where she voiced a character named ‘Bianca.’ The same year, she performed as ‘Abigail’ in ‘Resident Evil: The Final Chapter,’ the final installment in the ‘Resident Evil’ film series.
- In January 2017, she made a guest presentation on ‘The Ellen DeGeneres Show.’ Later in the year, she appeared as a contestant on the musical reality competition ‘Lip Sync Battle.’
- In 2018, she was cast to play Batwoman in the superhero TV series ‘The Flash.’ She went on to reprise the role in series, such as ‘Arrow’ and ‘Supergirl.’
- She played ‘Jaxx Herd’ in the 2018 science fiction action film ‘The Meg.’ The same year, she was cast to play ‘Grace’ in an action thriller film titled ‘SAS: Red Notice.’
- In 2019, she was cast to perform the title character in ‘The CW’ network’s television series ‘Batwoman.’
|2013||Around the Block|
|2016||Sheep and Wolves|
Resident Evil: The Final Chapter
|2017||XXX: Return of Xander Cage|
John Wick: Chapter 2
Pitch Perfect 3
|2020||Cranston Academy: Monster Zone|
|Yet To Be Release||SAS: Red Notice|
TV Shows & Serials List
|2007–2011 ||MTV Australia|
|2009–2010||20 to 1|
|2009||Talkin' 'Bout Your Generation|
Australia's Next Top Model
MTV Australia Awards 2009
|2010||Ultimate School Musical|
52nd Logies Awards
Vancouver Winter Olympics
|2013 ||Mr & Mrs Murder|
|2015–2016||Orange Is the New Black|
MTV Europe Music Awards
|2017||Lip Sync Battle|
|2020||Legends of Tomorrow|
Facts About Ruby Rose
- Ruby was established by a single mother.
- Ruby entertained Australia’s Next Top Model and The Project.
- In 2010, Rose was connected to the Australian fashion house Milk and Honey who designed a fashion line that embodied her unique personality and style. The group was given the name Milk and Honey Designed by Ruby Rose.
- In 2014, Ruby began working with the American designer, Phoebe Dahl. These two created a street-wear for their clothing line Faircloth Lane.
- Rose has got the 2009 ASTRA Award for Favorite Female Personality.
- She has performed in Talkin’ Bout Your Generation (2009). She described Generation Y together with the well-known comedian, Josh Thomas.
- As a part of the drive “I’d Rather Go Naked Than Wear Fur,” she has shown all of her tattoos in the men’s magazine, Maxim Australia.
- Because of her being a lesbi*n, Ruby suffered from constant torture by her schoolmates which later led to a suicide attempt.
- Ruby experiences bipolar disorder and clinical depression.
- At a young age, Rose wanted to be a boy and she was collecting money to change her gender and make a physical transition from female to male.
- She is genderfluid.
- She has a total of 30 tattoos.
[wps_faq style=”classic” question=”Why did Ruby Rose leave Batwoman?”]Ruby Rose has addressed her departure from the CW series “Batwoman,” amid reports that she was unhappy with the long hours required of her as the series lead.[/wps_faq]
[wps_faq style=”classic” question=”What surgery did Ruby Rose?”]Ruby Rose recently underwent emergency spinal surgery, she announced Friday. Ruby Rose, the star of the CW’s upcoming Batwoman series, revealed that she recently underwent surgery to repair two herniated discs that she said could have damaged her spine.[/wps_faq]
[wps_faq style=”classic” question=”Did Ruby Rose sing in pitch-perfect?”]Ruby Rose is a chameleon. She’s a model, a DJ, an action star, the face of your favorite makeup campaign, a sweet inmate on Orange Is the New Black, and now, a catty rock star in Pitch Perfect 3. And she can sing, too. And play the guitar.[/wps_faq]
[wps_faq style=”classic” question=”What is wrong with Ruby Rose?”]In 2019, Rose underwent emergency back surgery for a spine issue that led to two herniated discs caused by her work on a film set doing physical stunts. She said if she did not have the surgery, she was at risk of being paralyzed.[/wps_faq]
[wps_faq style=”classic” question=”Why does Ruby Rose have a scar on her neck?”]To everyone asking about my new Pez dispenser scar on my neck. A couple of months ago I was told I needed emergency surgery or I was risking becoming paralyzed, Rose wrote. I had herniated two discs doing stunts, and they were close to severing my spinal cord.[/wps_faq]