Roman Saini (IAS) can be categorized as one born different- in a unique way! We can prove this with his achievements to date. Roman cleared the AIIMS entrance examination at the age of 16 and went to publish a research paper in a reputed medical journal before the age of 18. Not just this, after completing his MBBS, he worked as a Junior Resident at NDDTC in Psychiatry but resigned within six months after he cleared UPSC Civil Services Exam 2014 in his first attempt. He was the youngest IAS then and was appointed as a collector in Madhya Pradesh.
Roman, however, resigned from the administration services and began his entrepreneurial venture – Unacademy, a website that provides free online coaching, webinars, tutorials, and motivational speeches for IAS aspirants. Roman believes that no one is a born genius and everyone has the knowledge, talent, and caliber to achieve whatever they want in life.
Roman Saini (IAS)
Dr. Roman Saini is an educator, motivational speaker, and former IAS officer. Saini was previously posted as Assistant Collector in Madhya Pradesh. where he stayed till January 2016, later resigned mid-training to focus on his education initiative Unacademy.
Roman Saini is an educator, an entrepreneur, an Ex- IAS officer, a doctor, and a motivational speaker. He is the co-founder of “Unacademy,” an education initiative that provides online (free and paid) educational content for competitive exams.
Roman Saini was born on 27 July 1991 (age 32 years; as in 2023) in Raikaranpura Village, Kotputli Town, Jaipur, Rajasthan. He was born into a middle-class, academically sound family that helped him to excel at his studies. After completing his schooling, he appeared for the AIIMS entrance examination and became the youngest person to crack the examination at the age of 16. Roman went to AIIMS to pursue his MBBS.
Roman Saini Net Worth
According to WoodGram, Roman Saini’s estimated Net Worth, Salary, Income, Cars, Lifestyles & many more details have been updated below. Let’s check, How Rich is Roman Saini in 2023?
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023||$25 million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022||$17.6 million|
|Previous Year's Net Worth (2021)||$14 million|
|Annual Salary||Under Review.|
|Income Source||Primary Income source YouTube Star (profession).|
Roman Saini Net Worth. Roman Saini has a net worth of $25 million as of 2023.
Noted, Currently, We don’t have enough information about Cars, Monthly/Yearly Salary, etc. We will update you soon.
Roman Saini doesn’t have a girlfriend right now. All dating histories are fact-checked and confirmed by our users. We use publicly available data and resources to ensure that our dating stats and biographies are accurate.
Roman Saini IAS Rank
A young boy from Jaipur, Dr. Roman Saini has achieved 18th rank and merit of the IAS Exam 2013 in his very first attempt. A doctor by profession, he is working as a junior Resident Doctor in the All India Medical Science, Delhi.
Roman Saini Interview
Roman Saini considers himself an odd person in the society; as he said in an interview-
My parents gave up on me very early because I did not attend any social functions with them. I have not attended any family weddings for a very long time. My circle of relatives and friends realized that I was different, maybe weird. And probably they are right. I live in my own world and do things that I enjoy. Somewhere I have cultivated this ability to differentiate between the essential and non-essential in my life. This has helped me in doing correct things and doing it well.”
While sharing his thoughts and muses, Roman further said-
I was not interested in studies in school and was not even a meritorious student. I believe getting high marks in schools etc is quite overrated. I don’t agree with the mugging-up culture we have in schools and colleges to pass exams. I only sat for the medical entrance exam because biology caught my attention and I loved reading everything there was on the matter. I enjoyed it and so I wrote the test. Getting selected in AIIMS was a good outcome of my interest in the subjects. Similarly, for UPSC, I followed my instinct to just relish the subjects.”
When asked about his multiple career swings, Saini said-
I believe we can achieve anything if we really want it. For me, there were no external benchmarks to conquer. I have done everything that I really enjoyed doing. I play the guitar as I love music, not because I aspire to go to Trinity College in England. Medicals, civil services, to now giving back to millions of UPSC aspirants (online content)- all these have stemmed from the internal drive.”
Some Lesser Known Facts About Roman Saini
- Roman was born into a middle-class family of Jaipur.
- Being born into an academically sound family, it helped Roman Saini excel at his studies.
- Roman Saini didn’t pay much heed towards his studies till class 10th; rather he loved to fly kites, cycling, playing cricket in the streets, trump cards, watching DBZ, Pokemon on Toonami, going to parks, playing PC games like Age of Empire, Counterstrike and watching cricket. He got 85% marks in his high school (Rajasthan Board).
- After his schooling, Saini competed for the AIIMS Entrance Examination and became the youngest to crack the examination at the age of 16.
- At the AIIMS, he served as a Junior Resident Doctor.
- In 2011, he visited the medical camps in various poverty-ridden areas of India. There, he saw the real face of India, where people have to struggle even for the basic amenities. It was there that he had decided to pursue the civil services; so that he could contribute to society at a larger scale.
- When Saini was in the second year of the MBBS program at AIIMS, he was approached by one of his school friends, Gaurav Munjal, with the idea to start an education initiative- Unacademy, which went on to become a popular free education portal for UPSC aspirants. The other co-founders of Unacademy are- Hemesh Singh and Sachin Gupta.
- In 2013, at the age of 22, Roman Saini became one of the youngest aspirants in India to clear the Civil Service Examination.
- Saini did not attend any coaching institute to prepare for the civil services; however, he had consulted the Vajiram material and test series. His Optional Subject was Medical Sciences.
- Saini got the 18th rank in the UPSC Examination, and after completing his training at the Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration (LBSNAA) in Mussoorie, he was posted at Jabalpur in Madhya Pradesh as the Assistant Collector.
- Soon, his interest in the civil services worn out; as he wanted to do something big in the field of education. So, he resigned from his post of the Assistant Collector Jabalpur in 2016 to work full time for Unacademy.
- On Unacademy’s channel on YouTube, Saini and a dedicated team (comprising of civil servants, teachers, engineers, doctors, and experts of other fields), upload the study materials; ranging from medicine and IT to civil services and foreign languages.
- Soon after the launch of Unacademy, its videos started getting millions of views. Moreover, more than 10 subscribers have cleared the civil services examination.
Why Did Roman Saini Resign?
Roman Has So Much Intelligence And Did So Much Hard Work. But He Couldn’t Handle His Situations Properly. If It Is True That He Resigned Because Of Being Assaulted By A Legislator, It Shows His Inability To Work As A Civil Servant.
Did Roman Saini Take Coaching?
Roman, Co-founder, And Chief Educator At Unacademy In Indiranagar Offers Online Coaching Classes For Civil Service Examination Candidates. An Mbbs Degree Holder From The All India Institute Of Medical Sciences (Aiims), Delhi, Saini Cleared The Civil Services Exam And Was Serving In Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh.
Is Roman Saini OBC?
Roman Belongs To The Mali Community (OBC) Of A Hindu Family. Roman’s Brother, Avesh Saini, Is A Paediatrician And His Sister, Ayushee Saini, Is A Medical Student.
How Many Hours Did Roman Saini Study?
But Used To Study 6-8 Hours A Day. 7-8 Hours Sleeping. Clearias.Com: How Did You Keep Yourself Motivated For This One-year Long Exam? Long Duration – Approximate 400 Days Between Prelims And The Final Result.