Rodrigo Hernández Castante, also known as Rodri and Rodrigo, plays in the midfield for Manchester City of the Premier League and the Spain national team. Rodri is a former Spain youth international and made his senior team debut in 2018, representing Spain at the UEFA Euro 2020 tournament. As a youth, he attended the Youth Academies of Rayo Majadahonda, Atletico Madrid, and Villareal. In 2015, he made his debut for Villareal’s first team. He became a regular starter in the 2017/2018 season after adjusting to the level of play and becoming a professional footballer in general.
He was already bought by Atletico Madrid after his first full season as a starter, for a reported fee of approximately 25 million euros. In no time, he became a regular starter in the new Wanda Metropolitana stadium. After playing 47 games in his first season with Madrid, big teams such as Manchester City and several other European giants became interested in his services. Manchester City purchased him in the summer. Citizens paid a reported 70 million euros for his services, making him one of the most expensive players in the City’s history. We have discovered a lot of interesting information about him through his wiki, so let’s sit back and relax for now.
Rodri (Rodrigo Hernandez) Bio/Wiki
|Birth Name||Rodrigo Hernández Cascante|
|Nick Name||• Rodri|
|Age||27 (as in 2023) Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Cancer|
|Born Place||Madrid, Spain|
|Date of Birth||22 June 1996|
|Home Town||Madrid, Spain|
|Hobbies||Watching Movies, Horse Riding|
|Mother’s Name||Name Not Available|
|Father’s Name||Name Not Available|
|Brother(s)||Name Not Available|
|Sister(s)||Name Not Available|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|College/University||Universidad de Castellon in eastern Spain|
|Educational Qualification||Graduated in Business Studies and Economics|
|Career Manager/ Player Agent||Pablo Barquero|
|Debut Club||• 2019: Manchester City F.C. |
• 2018: Atletico de Madrid
• 2016: Villarreal CF
• 2015: Villarreal CF B
|Debut International||• 2018: Spain national football team|
|Jersey Number||• 16 (Manchester City)|
• 16 (Spain national football team)
|Current Team(s)||• Manchester City|
• Spain national football team
|Position||Midfielder – Defensive Midfield|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 191 cm|
in meters- 1.91 m
in feet inches- 6’3”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 82 kg|
in pounds- 181 lbs
|Chest Size||40 inches|
|Biceps Size||14 inches|
|Waist Size||32 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Spanish|
|Distinctive Features||Not Available|
|Dress Size||8 U.S.|
|Shoe Size||11 U.S.|
|Favorite Playing Position||Midfielder|
|Favorite Car||Opel Corsa|
|Favorite Food||Italian Food|
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand||iPhone/Apple|
The Full Story of a Football Genius who is best known by the nickname “Rodri” can be found at WoodGram.
Rodrigo Hernandez’s Childhood Story – Plus Untold Biography Facts features a full account of notable events in Rodrigo’s life from his earliest days through to the present.
The analysis includes his early life, family background, life story before fame, life story during fame, relationship, lifestyle, personal life, and so on.
There is no doubt that he is an athletic, box-to-box midfielder, who is seen as a successor to Sergio Busquets. Only a few people have taken the time to read Rodrigo Hemandez’s biography, which is rather interesting. With that in mind, we shall now proceed.
To start off with, his full name is Rodrigo Hernandez Cascante. The name Rodri, as he is known or called by his fans, is actually just a nickname.
Are you aware that the name “Hernandez” is a name borne by his father’s family, while the name “Cascante” belongs to his mother’s family? According to sources, Rodrigo is also known by the name Rodrigo Hernandez Cascante. The 22nd day of June 1996 was the date of his birth in Madrid, Spain.
Rodri is a true native of Madrileno when it comes to his family origins. The word Madrileno literally means that he is a native or an inhabitant of Madrid. The fact that Rodri grew up in the Spanish football city of Madrid as a young boy was only natural for him to fall in love with the beautiful game as a child.
Rodri was one of those little kids who molded something into a soccer ball and kicked it all day long. His parents wanted him to get an early start in football, so they taught him. However, he gave Rodri the assurance that he would not compromise his education for the sake of soccer training.
Rodri grew up in the capital of Spain, in a household of academics. From an early age he was instilled with the importance of education, a feat he carried with him through to adulthood despite making a lot of money from soccer.
As a Child, my parents have been instilling in me the importance of education since I was a little boy.
Rodri once said in an interview with Marca that he used to have his book in his left hand and a soccer ball in his right hand. Throughout his years at school, Rodri had the opportunity to play competitive soccer outside of school during his sports periods.
After school hours, he spent his free time on the football fields in his neighborhood nurturing and educating himself, an activity that pleased his parents and motivated them to take action on their behalf. Rodri’s parents gradually realized that their son was a good investment in soccer when it became clear at a certain point that Rodri was doing well.
Rodri’s love for the club and its fans has paid off full dividends as he was called by Atletico Madrid for trials. The passion Rodri has for soccer led to him passing his trials with flying colors in the year 2006 (at the age of 10) and enrolling at the local club, Rayo Majadahonda, which gave him the platform to build his career on.
Rodri Hernandez joined the Atletico Madrid youth setup at the same time as his teammate Lucas (his Atletico Madrid teammate) and his brother Theo Hernandez. It did not take long at all for Rodri and the Hernandez brothers to make an impression on the club. In order to help their club win the league, all of them played together with other 10-year-olds.
Rodri, the brothers Hernandez and the Hernandez brothers saw themselves go through another trial at the age of eleven, just one year after joining the club. They were able to successfully enroll in the youth department of Atletico Madrid this time. They were always together on and off the pitch, earning the nickname “the family” for the three of them.
In bad news, despite the fact that Lucas and Theo excelled at the club, Rodri’s development came to a halt despite his best efforts. According to the club’s management, he was accused of being too weak by the club. The poor performance issue persisted for a considerable period of time, which prompted Julian Munoz, the head of the academy at the time, to deport Rodri to Spain’s East Coast, where he joined the youth team of FC Villarreal.
For Rodri to leave the club where he dreamed of success was not an easy task at first. Both his parents and the entire family were of the opinion that he was being treated unfairly.
Did you know that? Rodri himself wasn’t that short and too weak at the time of his exit when he walked out. Although he was about 1.84 meters tall, he might have lacked some physical strength during that time. Rodri never gave up on Atletico Madrid, the club he grew up supporting, and did not give up on his dream. The dream of playing in the Spanish club never faded like a raisin in the sun, nor did it fester like a sore on his knee.
In no time at all, his prayers began to be answered. Rodri grew to a height of 1.91 meters, and miraculously, he also developed physically as well as technically. In just two years from the time the boy joined Villarreal, he was already a regular on the first team.
Rodri started making a name for himself in the year 2015 when he became a household name. In the following year, he helped his Spanish team win the UEFA European Under-19 Championship. Rodri was included in the Team of the Tournament alongside six other Spain players, including the Golden Boy of the competition Asensio.
During the competition, Rodri’s growth was clearly apparent as he was named the hottest and youngest property in Spain. What did you know? With Rodri’s ability to play with the ball, he became one of the most exciting young players who was regarded as a PERFECT KID at the base of any midfield. Rodri developed both as a man and as a footballer during his time at Villarreal.
The fact that Rodri has emerged as Spain’s hottest and youngest player has made Atletico Madrid regret the mistake of pushing him earlier. In an effort to ask for forgiveness, the club sorted out a way to do so, and it came through a plea to have the club’s lost Jewel return to his dream club.
In fact, on the 24 May 2018, Rodri the Atletico Madrid academy outcast returned to the club after reaching an agreement with Villarreal to transfer to them. Upon returning to the capital, the young Spaniard was filled with lots of expectations.
It was a meteoric rise to prominence for Rodri. Less than one year into his second stint with the team, he had already established himself as a household name. During the time in which he helped his team to win the UEFA Super Cup, this was clearly evident.
In the last few years, Rodri continued to develop himself into a player who can play with both feet; he specialized in saving the ball from high-pressure situations. It is this feat that attracted top clubs in Europe, among them, is Cep Guardiola’s Manchester City.
In the course of the 2018/2019 summer transfer window, Rodri decided to inform Atletico Madrid about his decision to leave the club after proving so many points.
It is believed that at the time of writing, there is a rumor that he is in talks with Pep Guardiola, who wants him to replace the aging Fernandinho. As football fans would say, the rest, as they would say, is history. In the wake of Rodri’s rise to fame, the questions on everyone’s lips became: “Who is Rodri’s Girlfriend or Wife?” “Is Rodri Married?” “Does Rodri have a Girlfriend?”
There is no doubt that his handsome looks combined with that 6 feet and 3 inches height would make him a darling vine to all the ladies out there.
Despite this, however, it is important, to tell the truth. As of the writing of this article, there appears to be a possible hidden romance on the horizon, one that escapes scrutiny simply because Rodri’s love life with his unknown girlfriend seems quiet and without drama.
By getting to know Rodri’s personal life, you will be able to gain a more complete picture of his personality. In the beginning, Rodri is someone who has always been open about the fact that his life isn’t only about football.
Rodri’s devotion to making sure his parents live a normal life and stay away from the media has a similar effect to his commitment to the pitch. During his presentation with Atletico, which was a big moment for him, he showcased his family members for the very first time.
It was during Rodri’s presentation that he brought around 40 friends and family members who saw him put on the Atletico shirt for the very first time. According to sources, his grandmother was overcome with emotion when she witnessed the realization of her grandson’s dream, and she displayed the most emotion that day as a result of the event.
Rodri’s family members are concerned about something even though he enjoys his popularity. So, let me tell you what happened once. The members of Rodri’s family, including his parents, once advised him to buy a new car as opposed to a second-hand Opel Corsa to ensure his safety during his journeys between Madrid and Castellon.
Did you know that? A star named Rodri refused the offer, stating that he did not understand why he would spend so much money on a car.
One time he actually told me that some of my friends were “crazy” for buying nice cars when all they needed was a car that could take them from A to B. That is all that matters.”
According to a close source, one of the following statements was made.
As of the time of writing, Rodrigo Hernandez has hardly cemented his place in Spain’s starting eleven. The reason for this is that Sergio Busquets, Saul Niguez, and Thiago Alcantara are still at the peak of their powers. There is only a matter of time before he surpasses them in terms of rank.
Rodri (Rodrigo Hernandez) Net Worth
How much does he earn in 2023?
According to reports that we have received, the defensive midfielder signed a contract with Manchester City in July of this year that will net him a staggering salary of 10.8 million euros (9.3 million pounds) per year. After crunching the numbers, we figure out that he earns €29,508 (£26,492) per day and €1,230 (£1,104) per hour!
Salary & Net Worth Updated 2023
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||25 million euros (21.9 million pounds)|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||15 million euros (13 million pounds)|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||Not Available|
|Annual Salary||10.8 million euros (9.3 million pounds)|
|Per Month Salary||€900,000 (£782,609)|
|Per Week Salary||€207,692 (£180,602)|
|Per Day Salary||€29,589 (£25,730)|
|Per Hour Salary||€1,232 (£1,071)|
|Per Minute Salary||€21 (£18)|
|Current Contract||With Manchester City|
|Contract Signed||Jul 4, 2019|
|Contract Expires||Jun 30, 2024|
|Contract Signing Amount or Transfer Fee||$88.00 Million|
|Market Value||$77.00 Million|
|Highest Market Value||$88.00 Million (Jun 11, 2019)|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
|Cars Collection||• Opel Corsa|
At the moment, the value of his net worth is on the rise. The man has now become a player for Manchester City and we all know how high the wages are at that club. Right now, his net worth is estimated to be about 25 million euros (21.9 million pounds). Considering that he has recently been transferred, it is relatively easy to determine his market value. His market value currently sits at $77.00 million.
Rodri (Rodrigo Hernandez) In FIFA 22
Currently, Rodri is 27 years old and plays as a defensive midfielder for Manchester City in the English Premier League. He has an overall rating of 87 and a potential 89 in FIFA 22. In terms of skill moves, Rodri has a 3-star rating. He prefers to use his right foot while shooting. His workrates are Medium / High. According to our database, Rodri’s height is 191 cm and his weight is estimated to be 82 kg. At the moment, Rodri is playing with the number 16.
Rodri FIFA 22 Stats
Overall Rating In FIFA 22
Potential In FIFA 22
|80||Heading Accuracy||54||FK Accuracy|
|86||Short Passing||83||Long Passing|
|89||Shot Power||60 ||Acceleration|
|82||Aggression||10 ||GK Diving|
|83||Interceptions||10 ||GK Handling|
|75||Positioning||7 ||GK Kicking|
Rodri in Villarreal CF
- Born in Madrid, Rodri joined Atlético Madrid’s youth setup in 2007 at the age of 11 from CF Rayo Majadahonda. His contract with Villarreal CF was signed after he was released in 2013 due to a lack of physical strength.
- It was on 7 February 2015, while still a junior, that Rodri made his senior debut for the reserves, arriving as a late substitute in a 3–1 away win against RCD Espanyol B in the Segunda División B.
- In addition, he was given his first start 15 days after that, which he won with a score of 2–0 against Real Zaragoza B.
- Rodri made his first-team debut for Real Madrid on 17 December 2015, being given the start after a 2–0 home win against SD Huesca in the Copa del Rey.
- He made his first appearance in La Liga on 17 April 2016, when he came on as a second-half substitute for Denis Suárez in a 2–1 away loss to Rayo Vallecano.
- Rodri’s contract was extended until 2022 on 4 December 2017, after he had already established himself as a regular.
- During his first season in Spain’s top tier, he scored his first goal in a 1–1 away draw against RCD Espanyol on 18 February 2018.
Rodri in Atlético Madrid
- On the morning of 24 May 2018, Rodri returned to Atlético after the club reached an agreement with Villarreal for the transfer of the player.
- For a fee in the region of twenty million euros plus five million euros in variables, he signed a five-year contract with the Madrid side.
- As a result, he made his UEFA Super Cup debut in Tallinn on the 15th of August, where he played the first 71 minutes of a 4–2 extra-time win over city rivals Real Madrid.
Rodri in Manchester City
- It was announced on 3 July 2019 that Manchester City had met Rodri’s £62.6 million release clause, thereby enabling him to end the remainder of his contract with Atlético and leave the club.
- Manchester City paid a record transfer fee for the transfer of the player. The player signed a five-year contract with the club.
- In the 2019 FA Community Shield on 4 August at Wembley Stadium, Rodri made his debut, playing for the entire 90 minutes as Manchester City beat Liverpool on penalties after a 1–1 draw.
- As a result, he made his Premier League debut six days later by scoring a goal in West Ham United’s 5–0 victory away from home. On 14 September, he scored in Norwich City’s 3–2 defeat at Wembley as a consolation goal.
- The club announced in October 2019 that he would be out for a month as a result of a hamstring injury.
- City won the EFL Cup for the third time in a row at Wembley Stadium on 1 March 2020, defeating Aston Villa 2–1 in the final.
- From a corner, Rodri headed in City’s second goal, which ultimately turned out to be the winning goal.
- Rodri scored City’s first goal in the game on 13 February 2021 from a penalty kick during a 3–0 victory over Tottenham Hotspur.
- Rodri, who has represented Spain at the under-16, under-19, and under-21 levels, was selected by the full team for the first time on 16 March 2018 for friendlies against Germany and Argentina.
- He made his debut five days later, replacing Thiago Alcántara late in the draw of 1-1 against Germany in Düsseldorf, shortly before halftime.
- Rodri has been included in Luis Enrique’s 24-man squad for UEFA Euro 2020 on the 24th of May 2021.
Facts About Rodri (Rodrigo Hernandez)
- Rodri, despite being one of the richest football players in the world, wants to live an average life just like anyone else.
- As a matter of fact, Rodrigo Hernandez’s Personal Life can be summed up in one word, and that word is “Normality”.
- The moment you get the chance to spend time with Rodri, you will come to realize that he is just a normal guy. He is very humble, grew up in a good family, and always has his feet firmly planted in the ground.
- Apart from football and studying, Rodri likes to spend time playing table tennis, folding his clothes, watching television, and most importantly, cooking for his family.
- He didn’t forget his studies as Rodri was once a student of the Universidad de Castellon, a University in Madrid where he studied Business Studies and Economics.
- The latest news is that Rodri has an estimated market value of eighty million dollars, which by implication means that he is a millionaire footballer.
- This fact has drawn the attention of fans who have been wondering what Rodri’s lifestyle is like. Starting off, Rodri’s market value doesn’t necessarily translate to a glamorous lifestyle as he is very smart about managing his money.
- His life is not characterized by ridiculous spending or living a flashy lifestyle. Rodri does not purchase flashy cars. Up until recently, the only car Rodri owned was a second-hand Opel Corsa that he bought from a woman when he got his driving license.
- Even though he is a superstar for Atletico Madrid, the third most popular club in LaLiga, Rodri remains living in student accommodation in Madrid despite earning a lot of money as a player. Rodri in his student accommodation in Madrid despite being a superstar for Atletico Madrid, the third most popular club in LaLiga.
- As well as Rodri’s agent, it is also important that he is looking after his client. While other agents are after the money, he looks after his client. Rodri is not going to change his humble lifestyle. He is still the same person and will be there for his friends.
Manchester City F.C.
Spain national football team
“His car, until recently, was a second-hand Opel Corsa which he bought from a woman when he got his driving license,” Henarejo said.
Unlike 99 percent of footballers, Rodri is not on social media. He has no interest in Instagram and the like. He also doesn’t like ink, which will no doubt come as a disappointment to Manchester’s tattoo parlors.
A look at Rodri’s life story reveals that our career path is not solely dependent on our childhood dreams when it comes to our career path. The fact that kids compelled him to stay in the post against his wishes was an opportunity for him to build himself up.
In our opinion, the parents should be commended for the fact that they have devoted a large part of their money to enrolling Rodri in a sports academy. It is true they will be very proud of the fact that he never wasted the opportunity he had to succeed in his endeavors.
Thank you for taking out your precious time to read Woodgram’s version of Rodri’s Biography. Our team of writers and researchers care about the accuracy of our content on Spanish Footballers. Please let us know if you spot any wrongs in our article.
On a final note, we would appreciate your feedback (below as a comment) on what you think about Rodri, including our biography of him. Now, stay tuned for more Spanish Football Stories from WoodGram.