Robert Redford, an American actor, and director is known for his disparate performance and for forming the Sundance Institute and Film Festival. Robert Redford was once represented as one of the ‘most attractive’ men in Hollywood and continues to fascinate women with his riveting charm and on-screen allure. He was once a television-cum-stage actor, but concluded humongous prosperity as an actor in Hollywood with films like ‘The Way We Were’, ‘The Milagro Beanfield War’ and ‘Quiz Show’. He earned a number of dignities throughout his lifetime and even though he is a business plutocrat and environmentalist today, he continues to have women kowtowing over him, owing to his great swagger.
The beneficiary of the honorable ‘Legion d’Honneur’, Redford is the perfect personification of ‘old-meets-new’ and advances to fascinate audiences with his gratifying existence. Not only was he an actor, but he also branched out in a number of other regions related to cinema, especially film direction and production. During his prime, he starred in a number of prototypes including ‘The Sting and Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid’, ‘The Horse Whisperer’ and ‘The Conspirator’. Following these successes, he became a bankable star, and the kind of appearances he played sealed his position in Hollywood forever. To know all about the childhood, profile career, and timeline of this personality, scroll further and keep reading.
Robert Redford Wiki/Bio
|Birth Name||Charles Robert Redford Jr.|
|Age||(as in 2023) 87 years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Leo|
|Birth Place||Santa Monica, California, United States|
|Date of Birth||18 August 1936|
|Residence||Sundance, Utah, United States|
|Mother’s Name||Martha W. (née Hart) (Died in 1955)|
|Father’s Name||Charles Robert Redford Sr. (Accountant)|
|Others||William Redford (Step-Brother)|
Charles Elisha /Elijah Redford (Paternal Grandfather)
Lena Taylor (Paternal Grandmother)
Archibald Woodruff Hart (Maternal Grandfather)
Sallie /Sally Pate Green (Maternal Grandmother)
|Affairs/Girlfriends||• Lola Van Wagenen (1958-1985)|
• Sônia Braga (1987-1988)
• Lena Olin (1989-1990)
• Kathy O’Rear (1990-1995)
• Sibylle Szaggars (1996-Present)
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Wife/Spouse||Lola Van Wagenen (1958-1985)|
Sibylle Szaggars (1996-Present)
|Marriage Date||12 September 1958 (with Lola Van Wagenen)|
11 July 2009 (with Sibylle Szaggars )
|Children||Son- • Scott Anthony Redford (b. 1959) (passed away at the age of 2½ months from sudden infant death syndrome and is buried at the Provo City Cemetery in Utah)|
• David James Redford (b. May 5, 1962) (writer and producer)
Daughters- • Shauna Jean Redford (b. November 15, 1960) (their first daughter; a painter)
• Amy Hart Redford (b. October 22, 1970) (actress, director, and producer)
|School||Van Nuys High School|
|College/University||• University of Colorado Boulder|
• Pratt Institute, Brooklyn
• American Academy of Dramatic Arts, New York City
|Profession||Actor, Director, Producer, Businessman|
|Brands Endorsed||• Make A Hero|
Fathom Events (2016)
• Esquire Magazine (2013)
• Honda CR-V (2017)
• Burger King
Stop Pebble Mine (Voice-over)
• United Airlines (Voice-over)
• Natural Resources Defense Council
• Barefoot in the Park (1967)
|Career Manager||Sundance Institute|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 179 cm|
in meters- 1.79 m
in feet inches- 5’10½”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 77 kg|
in pounds- 169.5 lbs
|Chest Size||Not Known|
|Hips Size||Not Known|
|Waist Size||Not Known|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||White|
|Dress Size||Not Known|
|Shoe Size||11 (U.S.)|
|Favourite Movie Role||“Sundance Kid” in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (1969)|
|Favourite Phrase||There’s only the trying. (by T.S. Eliot)|
|Favourite Film||Jeremiah Johnson (1972)|
Born Charles Robert Redford Jr. on August 18, 1936, in a multicultural neighborhood in Santa Monica, California, actor, and director Robert Redford has confirmed to be one of the great capacities in American film. He is uniformly at home behind the sceneries as he is in the face of the cameras.
The family was far from moneyed, despite their posh address, and Charles Sr noticed to his son to turn the tide inserting the future actor under pressure he didn’t welcome. “I didn’t like being told I had to change the direction of the family,” he says of his youthful revolution. “I didn’t like being disclosed the only way to get out was to go to law school and be a certain sort of person. I didn’t like being pushed.”
Robert’s mother expired just before he graduated from high school and the Natural heart-throb transferred to the University of Colorado. However, the pursuing athlete not get his baseball scholarship reportedly due to his penchant for alcohol toots and later enrolled at New York’s Pratt Institute of Art before moving to Europe to test his artistry as an artist.
On returning to New York, he enrolled and studied acting at the Academy Of Dramatic Arts, before breaking out in the initial Broadway run of Neil Simon’s Barefoot In The Park. He reprised the stage appearance in the famed 1967 film version opposite Jane Fonda and with the success of the 1969 blockbuster Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kid, he settled himself as a major star in the true old sense of the word.
Adam Driver Biography, Age, Height, Wife, Father, Children, Net Worth & Wiki
In extension to his own career, Redford has supported advanced others in his field through the Sundance Institute and its relevant film festival. Redford’s father was a milkman who later executed as an oil company accountant, while his outgoing mother had a temper for literature and films.
Taking after his uncle, Redford shone at sports during his youth, running roadway and playing tennis and football while also having a boomy romantic life. In other areas, however, Redford said he stumbled.
Redford is presently married to Sibylle Szaggars, who is a German painter. The couple marries in 2009 in Hamburg after being together since the mid-1990s. His first marriage to wife Lola broke up in 1985, and they had four children together, daughters Shauna and Amy and sons Scott and Jamie.
Robert Redford Net Worth
Robert Redford has a net worth of $200 million.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||$200 million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$170 million|
|Previous Year’s Net Worth 2021 (Approx)||Under Review|
|Annual Salary||Under Review|
|Income Source||Actor, Director, Producer, Businessman|
He is simplifying his life in another way, as well, putting his Napa Valley wine-country retreat, which he has owned for 14 years, up for sale for $7.5 million. Whether or not he pursues through on his retirement remains to be seen, but Redford has a lot of other things to keep him unavailable.
He will still direct, produce and oversee the annual Sundance Film Festival and the Sundance Institute, both placed in Utah, which has been his primary residence for decades and is where he remains with artist wife, Sibylle Szaggars.
The Oscar winner also earned a 250-acre ranch outside Santa Fe, New Mexico. The Napa Valley estate, named Danza del Sol, sits atop a ridge on 10 private acres surrounded by woods and vegetation with walking trails. The compound includes the 5,200-square-foot main house, a 90-square-foot artist studio/guest house, and two large garages.
The preeminent house is involved three bedrooms, four bathrooms, a large great room, den, library-office, sunny white kitchen, and formal dining room. Different wood-burning fireplaces are sprinkled throughout the home. The studio/guest house has an enormous open space filled with light from a wall of French doors and double garage doors that rise high into the arched ceiling.
One of the two repair shops houses a large workshop and exercise studio. Decks by the pool, spa, and outdoor dining areas are perfect for entertaining. The listing agent is Steven Mavromihalis of Pacific Union International, San Francisco.
Rob Lowe Bio, Age, Wife, Family, Net Worth, Movies, TV Shows & Wiki
Robert Redford Movies And TV Shows
- His acting career took off in the 50s and he starred in a number of shows including ‘Perry Mason’, ‘Alfred Hitchcock Presents’, ‘Route 66’, ‘Playhouse 90’, ‘The Twilight Zone’ and many more.
- In 1960, he acted as a psychologically unsteady man in ‘Breakdown’, one of the installments of ‘Rescue 8’, a high-adrenaline series. He made his film introduction with ‘War Hunt’ in 1962, but he didn’t gain the recognition he wished.
- He went back to acting for television shows and was last seen on television in an ABC medical drama series, ‘Breaking Point’ on the 7th of October, 1963.
- He soon decided to broaden his horizons and tried his hand at the theatre. He was given small roles in ‘Tall Story’, ‘Sunday in New York’, and ‘Barefoot in the Park’.
- His all-American good looks, coupled with extraordinary talent, landed him his first major role in the film adaption of ‘Barefoot in the Park’, along with renowned actress, Jane Fonda.
- In 1969, he was cast in the western classic, ‘Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid’, which catapulted him to renown and earned him huge recognition. Not sorted in the ‘pretty-boy’ image, he sought more challenging projects and oozed immense s*x appeal on-screen in ‘Downhill Racer’ and ‘Tell Them Willie Boy Is Here’, both of which were delivered in 1969.
- He soon became extremely involved in environmental activism and even received death threats for his ‘environment-friendly’ developments in the United States. Undeterred by such trivialities, he persisted with his efforts. At the same time, his career thrived with movies like ‘The Way We Were’ and ‘The Sting’ both of which released in 1973.
- He experimented with more challenging roles and scored another hit at the box-office with his performance in the political drama, ‘All the President’s Men’, in 1976.
- In 1980, he was seen making his directorial debut with ‘Ordinary People’, which also earned him his first Academy Award.
- It was around this time, he established the Sundance Institute and the consequent, Sundance Film Festival, which has been successfully showcasing independent film projects for over two decades.
- In the mid-80s, he starred in movies like ‘The Natural’ and ‘Out of Africa’ and also worked behind the camera for ‘The Milagro Beanfield War’, which was released in 1988. In 1992, he directed the critically-acclaimed family drama, ‘A River Runs Through It’, starring Brad Pitt and Craig Sheffer.
- In 1994, he directed another project, ‘Quiz Show’, which is centered on a quiz-show scandal that occurred in the 50s. He continued with his directorial ventures and also starred in and directed ‘The Horse Whisperer’, which was released in 1998.
- Redford also starred in the 2007 drama, ‘Lions for Lambs’, and also directed the film, ‘The Conspirator’ in 2011. The next year, he also appeared in and directed the Shia LaBeouf movie, ‘The Company You Keep’.
|1965||Inside Daisy Clover|
Situation Hopeless… But Not Serious
|1966||This Property Is CondemnedThe Chase|
|1967||Barefoot in the Park|
|1969||Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid|
Tell Them Willie Boy Is Here
|1970||Little Fauss and Big Halsy|
The Hot Rock
The Way We Were
|1974||The Great Gatsby|
|1975||Three Days of the Condor|
The Great Waldo Pepper
|1976||All the President’s Men|
|1977 ||A Bridge Too Far|
|1979 ||The Electric Horseman|
|1985||Out of Africa|
Incident at Oglala
La Classe américaine
|1996||Up Close & Personal|
|1998||The Horse Whisperer|
|2001||The Last Castle|
|2005||An Unfinished Life|
|2007||Lions for Lambs|
|2012||The Company You Keep|
|2013 ||All Is Lost|
|2014||Captain America: The Winter Soldier|
|2015||A Walk in the Woods|
Our Souls at Night
|2018||The Old Man & the Gun|
|2020||Omniboat: A Fast Boat Fantasia|
TV Shows & Serials List
Moment of Fear
The Iceman Cometh
|1961||Alfred Hitchcock Presents|
The Twilight Zone
The Alfred Hitchcock Hour
On August 6, 2018, Redford disclosed that his starring appearance in the upcoming crime comedy The Old Man & the Gun would begin his long and notable acting career to a finish. “Never say never, but I charmy well concluded that this would be it for me in words of acting, and move towards evacuation after this ’cause I’ve been doing it since I was 21,” Redford disclose. “I thought, ‘Well, that’s enough.’ And why not go out with a thing that’s very good and positive?”
- According to Redford, he was not a good student in school and used to steal hubcaps. He was more likes in arts and sports than in school.
- While pursuing at the University of Colorado Boulder, he was a part of the Kappa Sigma fraternity.
- While studying at the university, he worked at the restaurant /bar, The Sink. The place has maintained a painting of his likeness in the bar’s murals.
- He used to hit tennis balls with one of the best tennis players in history, Pancho Gonzales, at the Los Angeles Tennis Club to temperate him up.
- Redford used his income to purchase a ski area in Utah, initially called Timp Haven, and renamed it Sundance, after his popular movie character. The place has served as his residence since 1963.
- He also premiered the Sundance Channel, which is a 24-hour cable television channel aimed at airing independent films, on February 29, 1996.
- His love for independent films led him to settle the Sundance Institute for aspiring filmmakers. Over the years, the yearly film festival has developed as one of the most awaited and influential film festivals in the world.
- Redford earned a Presidential Medal of Freedom, which is the highest civilian award of the United States, in 2016.
- In April 2014, he was included in Time magazine’s annual Time 100 list as one of the “Most Influential People in the World”. He was also acknowledged as the “Godfather of Indie Film”.
- He had a long-standing friendship with actor Paul Newman, whom he met on the sets of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid in 1969. Their camaraderie ended till Newman died of cancer in 2008.
- Redford had gone through a mild case of Polio as a child.
- He announced his retirement from acting in 2018 by stating that The Old Man & The Gun would likely be his last acting job.
- Irish novelist Michael Feeney Callan penned down Robert Redford: The Biography which was released in May 2011. Published by Alfred A. Knopf, the book took 15 years to complete and collected inputs from his personal papers and diaries.
- He is also the owner of Wildwood Enterprises Inc., which has produced films like A River Runs Through It, The Motorcycle Diaries, and Lions for Lambs.
- Robert has used his stardom to back many social causes which include LGBT rights, environmental causes, Native American rights as well as the arts.
- Robert Redford doesn’t have any verified page on any of the social media channels.
Redford Owed Much Of His Career To Newman After Paul Fought To Get Him A Part In Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kid – The 1969 Western Adventure – The Film That Cemented Their Friendship In The Public Eye And Made The Pair Closer Than Ever.
Robert Redford Confirms Retirement From Acting. Robert Redford Has Confirmed He Will Retire From Acting With The Completion Of His Forthcoming Film, The Old Man & The Gun.
This Is Not The Man We Met At The Beginning Of The Movie. This Is A Man With Renewed Purpose. The Old Man & The Gun Is Ostensibly Redford’s Final On-screen Role; In August, He Announced His Retirement From Acting.
Robert Redford And Paul Newman Are Considered One Of Our All-time Great Screen Pairings After Buddying Up For Two Movie Classics, Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kid (1969) And The Sting (1973). It’s Surprising Then That They Never Made A Third Film Together, But It Wasn’t For Lack Of Trying.
They’d Refused To Drink The Catered Water And Drank Only Pop And Alcohol For The Entire Duration Of The Shoot.
When It’s A Rare Racing Porsche Once Owned By Renowned American Actor Robert Redford. Ok, So It’s Still A Porsche, But A Very, Very Nice One: A 1964 Porsche 904 Gts, One Of The Last Great Four-cylinder Racers Built By The Stuttgart Marque – And, Yes, It Spent Several Years Stabled With The Hollywood Star.
He Lives Alone In A Small Log House Amid The Multi-million-dollar Ranches And Luxury Hideaways That Pepper The Meadows, Prairies And Foothills Southeast Of Livingston.