Rob Lowe is an American actor, director, and producer. With fascinating looks and a hypnotic smile, that grabbed every girl’s fancy, Rob Lowe became one of the hottest youthful impressions during the 1980s. This heart-throb made his streak on television by characterizing ‘Sam Seaborn’ in the television series ‘The West Wing,’ following which, he earned fabulous success. Some of his films include ‘Wayne’s World,’ ‘Contact,’ ‘Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me,’ and ‘The Specials’ that brought in him fame and worldwide acceptance. He is also a representative of ‘Brat Pack,’ a group of actors who often appeared jointly in teenage drama films in the 1980s.
He was one of the most dominant actors at the top of his career. His career catapulted to great peaks owing to his impressive representation of characters in teenage drama movies. He started his career as a model and shifted to acting during his young years and went on to become one of the most famous actors of the 20th century. This Golden Globe-nominated actor is an effective philanthropist, who has benefited raise millions of dollars for breast cancer drives and other health-related affairs of women.
Rob Lowe Wiki/Bio[table id=422 /]
Rob Lowe was born Robert Hepler Lowe on March 17, 1964, in Charlottesville, Virginia, USA, to Barbara Lynn and Charles Davis Lowe. Rob Lowe was developed in Dayton, Ohio where he followed ‘Oakwood Junior High School.’
After propelling to California with his mother and brother Chad, Lowe attended ‘Santa Monica High School.’ At the age of eight, he concluded to pursue acting after seeing a production of ‘Oliver.’ He soon began materializing on local television and also worked for theatres.
He acquired one-side deafness after narrowing a viral infection during infancy. He was romantically committed with American actress Melissa Gilbert, German actor Nastassja Kinki, and Princess Stéphanie of Monaco.
In 1991, he married Sheryl Berkoff, a makeup artisan. The couple has two children.
His mother, grandmother, and great-grandmother all suffered from breast cancer, with his mother, unfortunately, passing away from the disease in late 2003. He was the first male spokesperson for ‘Lee National Denim Day,’ an appeal for a fund created by ‘Lee Jeans’ to support breast cancer research. He is the creator of ‘Homeowner’s Defense Fund,’ a Santa Barbara County non-profit, non-partisan management.
In 2011, his memoir ‘Stories I Only Tell My Friends’ was released. It is an autobiographical article of his expedition from a model to a star.
Rob Lowe Net Worth
Rob Lowe has a net worth of $100 million.[table id=423 /]
In 2005 Rob and Sheryl auctioned a home in Montecito, Ca for $25 million to schooling billionaire Peter Sterling. That same year they paid a hidden amount for a 3.4-acre ocean-view estate a few minutes away from their old house. They spent four years manufacturing what became a sumptuous 10,000 square-foot custom home.
In June 2018, Lowe and Berkoff classified this home for $47 million. A year later they trimmed the price to $42.5 million. Nearby neighbors include Oprah, Ellen DeGeneres, and Jeff Bridges.
Rob Lowe Movies And TV Shows
- Lowe raised to fame on the big screen in the early 1980s as a member of the Brat Pack, with other young stars like Emilio Estevez, Molly Ringwald, and Judd Nelson.
- He acted in The Outsiders and Class in 1983, St. Elmo’s Fire in 1985 and About Last Night in 1986. These characters made him one of the hottest young heartthrobs of the 1980s.
- Working his way back into the spotlight, Lowe made performances in the feature films Wayne’s World (1992), Contact (1997), Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me (1999), and The Specials (2000).
- However, his true resurgence as an actor and star came in 1999, when he comes back to the small screen to emerge alongside Martin Sheen in the well-reviewed TV drama series The West Wing. Lowe was cast in the ongoing character of Sam Seaborn, Deputy Communications Director.
- In 2002, he disclosed he was quitting the hit show as a result of hindered salary negotiations.
- In 2003, Lowe authorized on to star in the short-lived drama The Lyon’s Den, portraying an up-and-coming attorney contending to distance himself from his well-known senator father. His consecutive headlining character in Dr. Vegas, about a casino doctor amid the provocations of Sin City, also quickly fizzled.
- He regained his footing as Senator Robert McCallister on the drama Brothers & Sisters, increasing from a part-time to a featured character during the show’s five seasons. He loved a similar run while tightening his comedic chops on the sitcom Parks and Recreation, initially materializing in a guest role in 2010 before becoming a constant cast member.
- Following his presence in the finale of Parks and Recreation in 2015, Lowe began a new chapter of his career with a starring character on The Grinder. His appearance as Dean Sanderson, an actor who takes advantage of his family-oriented younger brother, performed by Fred Savage, was a hit with critics and amassed him a Golden Globe nomination. However, it never resonated with TV viewers and was declined in 2016.
- Lowe comes back to the small screen in fall 2016 with the season 2 debut of Code Black, injecting another direction into the medical drama as a military transplant fresh off the battlefield. That same year he took on the voice character of Simba in the animated series The Lion Guard, which broadcasted through late 2019.
- In 2017, Lowe and his sons plummeted into the world of reality TV in the A+E series The Lowe Files, which chronicles their cross-country travels and explorations into hidden mysteries. The actor continued to push into a new region the following year, this time taking on the director’s chair for the first time in the television remake of the 1956 film The Bad Seed.
- A busy 2019 had Lowe presenting the game show Mental Samurai and starring in the short-lived Wild Bill, as an American transplant appointed as a chief detective of a town in Lincolnshire, England.
- He shuttered out the year by co-starring with Kristin Davis in the Netflix romantic comedy Holiday in the Wild, before opening 2020 with the lead appearance in the Fox procedural series 9-1-1: Lone Star.
Adult Tape Scandal
In 1988, 24-year-old Rob was engaged in an s*x tape wherein he was watched having s*x with a 16-year-old girl. The incident happened in Georgia, the night before the Democratic National Covenant. The legal age of sanction in Georgia was 14 (at the time), which was widened to 16 (in 1995).
As per the rule, both the parties were valid to involve in the s*xual task but the legal age for such recording was 18 years. As a result, he broke up doing 20 hours of community service in Dayton.
As a part of the clone s*x tape, he was noticed, along with his friend Justin Moritt, engaging in oral s*x and intercourse with a youthful American model named Jennifer, who was never diagnosed.
His s*x tape was one of the first stardom s*x tapes to be publicly available at the time. Rob even laughed about his behavior on two incidents when he emerged as the host of Saturday Night Live.
His public image was damaged owing to this scandal, so Rob checked himself into rehab for his drug and alcohol issues and returned sober to restore his career again in the 1990s.
- Rob was offered the character of Dr. Derek Shepherd on the hit show Grey’s Anatomy, but he turned it down. The role was finally played by Patrick Dempsey.
- He wishes to become a marine biologist while raising up.
- In May 2011, he delivered his memoir titled “Stories I Only Tell My Friends”.
- In April 2014, he published his second book called “Love Life”.
- He earned his own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in December 2015. His star is spotted at 6667 Hollywood Boulevard in front of Musso and Frank.
- Rob introduced a line of men’s skincare products in 2015 called Profile. The line consisting of 5 anti-aging products like a cleanser, shaving gel, aftershave serum, moisturizer, and eye serum. The commodities are sold at Nordstrom and can be found online as well.
- In 2016, he introduced a fragrance called 18 Amber Wood under the Profile brand.
- In August 2016, he was roasted on Comedy Central with David Spade serving as the Roast Master and Jeff Ross as Roast Master General. Among his roasters were names like Jewel, Ralph Macchio, Peyton Manning, Nikki Glaser, Pete Davidson, Jimmy Carr, Ann Coulter, and Rob Riggle.
- Since he suffered his great-grandmother, grandmother, and mother to breast cancer, He became the first male spokesperson at the 2000 Lee National Denim Day fundraiser to increase funds for breast cancer research and awareness.
- Rob was followed in People Magazine’s 50 Most Beautiful People in the World on the 16th spot in 2000.
As a newborn, he narrowed a virus that rendered him deaf in the right ear.
- He disclosed to USA Today in 2011 that his hair turned completely grey at the age of 24 and hence, he has been dyeing his hair constantly.
Lowe Shared Details Of The Grief He And His Family Suffered After Losing His Beloved Grandmother And The Pain He Felt After His Mother Passed Away Following A Diagnosis Of Stage Iv Breast Cancer.
American Actor Rob Lowe Rose To Fame As A Heartthrob In Such Movies As ‘st. Elmo’s Fire,’ Later Finding A Comfort Zone On Tv With ‘the West Wing,’ ‘parks And Recreation,’ ‘the Grinder’ And ‘code Black.
Lowe, 38, Plans To Leave “The West Wing.” Burbank, California (Cnn) Actor Rob Lowe Will Be Leaving NBC’s Popular Tv Show “The West Wing” After The End Of The Coming Season Because, A Top Trade Magazine Reports, He Isn’t Pleased With His Salary.
Since Lowe Grew Up Not Being Able To Hear Out, Of His Right Ear, The Actor Does Not Wear A Hearing Aid. His Hearing Loss Is Likely Due To Noise Exposure From Hunting And Attending Loud Events. The Former President Now Wears Virtually Invisible Completely-in-the-canal Hearing Aids.
The Couple Married On February 22, 1988, Only Seven Weeks After Her Relationship With Rob Lowe Ended. Gilbert Became Pregnant Months Later. On May 1, 1989, She Gave Birth To Son Dakota Paul Brinkman. After Reuniting For The Third Time, They Finally Married On January 1, 1995, In Her Mother’s Living Room.
Actor Rob Lowe Is Completely Deaf In One Ear As The Result Of An Undiagnosed Case Of The Mumps Before He Was A Year Old. In An Interview With The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Lowe Said, “I Live In A Mono World.