Robert Blake is an American Emmy-winning actor renowned for his film roles and as the star of the ’70s cop drama ‘Baretta.’ The cute little guy who pursued the world with his simplicity and charm as a child actor before prospering into an equally brilliant adult actor, Robert Blake is someone who has never been a newcomer to fame and success. Born to vaudeville performers, he was displayed to show biz at a young age. Whenever his parents put up a scene, Robert and his siblings would also be made to perform in it. Thus, he became a natural at the appearance, he was confident with no stage fear. He was chosen by MGM to star in the comedy series ‘Our Gang’ when he was just five! With his sweet face and cuteness, he won over the audiences who could not get sufficient of the little boy.
However, it was a generally different scene at home. His alcoholic father would beat him, lock him in rooms, and as he confessed in a later interview, s*xually violate him. Tired of the abuse he ran away from home as a teenager to make his existence as an actor. After struggling for years, he did become a prosperous television and film actor and won different awards for his performances. However, the villains of his past caught up with him and he was prosecuted for murdering his wife. Though later vindicated of the charges, he became broke and penniless.
- Bruce Jenner Bio, Age, Height, Children, Net Worth, Movies & Wiki
- Khloe Kardashian Bio, Age, Height, Net Worth, Movies, TV Shows & Wiki
|Birth Name||Michael James Gubitosi|
|Nick Name||Rоbеrt Вlаkе|
|Age||(as in 2022) 89 years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Virgo|
|Birth Place||Nutlеу, Nеw Јеrѕеу (U.Ѕ)|
|Date of Birth||September 18, 1933|
|Residence||Hidden Hills, California|
|Home Town||Nutlеу, Nеw Јеrѕеу|
|Mother's Name||Elizabeth Cafone|
|Father's Name||Giacomo Gubitosi|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
Bonnie Lee Bakley (m. 2000–2001)
Sondra Blake (m. 1961–1983)
|Marriage Date||Not Available|
|Children||Son- Noah Blake|
Daughters- Rose Lenore Sophia Blake
|Educational Qualification||Not Available|
|Profession||Actor, Soldier, Film Producer, Screenwriter, Television producer|
|Brands Endorsed||Not Available|
|Career Manager||Not Available|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm|
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet inches- 5’4”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 50 kg|
in pounds- 110 lbs
|Chest Size||Not Available|
|Hips Size||Not Available|
|Waist Size||Not Available|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||White|
|Dress Size||Not Available|
|Shoe Size||9 (U.S.)|
|Favourite Food||Not Available|
|Favourite Actors||Not Available|
|Favourite Colors||Not Available|
|Favourite Sport||Not Available|
|Controversies||He retired and has maintained a low profile since he filed for bankruptcy with debts of $3 million for unpaid legal fees and federal taxes.|
He was born to Giacomo Gubitosi and Elizabeth Cafone in New Jersey. His born name was Michael James Vincenzo Gubitosi and he had two siblings. His father was a can manufacturer but later on, he set up a song-and-dance act with his wife and they became burlesque artists. Mickey, as Robert Blake was called then, along with his siblings also played in the acts.
The Gubitosi household was a disturbed one. The young boy was tortured and physically harassed. He was rapidly beaten up by his father who also locked him up in a wardrobe for long spans of time. The family shifted to Los Angeles where the three children started to get work as movie extras.
Blake married actress Sondra Kerry in 1964, they had two children before the time of divorce in 1983. In 2000, he wed Bonnie Lee Bakley, they had a daughter.
In May 2001, Blake made headlines when his second wife, Bakley, was murdered while waiting in a car outside a restaurant where the couple had just feasted. Blake preserved his innocence throughout the emanating investigation, but after almost a year, the police apprehended him and his bodyguard in connection with the murder.
A highly inspected trial followed with accusations that Bakley had a history of scam and that Blake had hired stuntmen to coordinate the killing. Blake was also questioned by Barbara Walters and demonstrated his innocence, the clip of which was shown during the trial.
In March 2005, Blake was vindicated of the murder charge, as well as one count of drumming up the murder, but eight months later, a jury in a civil uniform found the actor accountable for the murder and directed him to pay $30 million in damages to Bakley’s children.
After Blake later urged the case, the damages allotted were cut in half. The actor also filed for bankruptcy around this time. Blake spawned a wave of new publicity about Bakley’s murder in 2012. To sponsor his self–published memoir, Tales of a Rascal (2011), he performed on Piers Morgan Tonight.
Morgan grilled the actor about Bakley, and a defensive Blake told that she was a “con artist” and “had people that she ignited.” The actor became enraged and was sometimes uneven during this televised interview, calling Morgan “a liar” and fuming against the police who “burst my guts out and left me beside the road to die.”
Robert Blake Net Worth
Robert Blake has a net worth of -$3 million dollars.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||-$3 million|
|Previous Year's Net Worth 2021 (Approx)||Under Review|
|Annual Salary||Under Review|
|Income Source||Actor, Soldier, Film Producer, Screenwriter, Television producer|
He was acquitted but on November 18, 2005, a California civil court found him liable for her wrongful death and ordered him to pay $30 million. That figure was eventually cut down to $15 million. On February 4, 2006, Robert Blake filed for bankruptcy listing $3 million in liabilities.
On April 9, 2010, the state of California filed a lien against the actor seeking $1,110,878 for unpaid back taxes.
- Steve Harvey Bio, Age, Height, Wife, Children, Net Worth, Movies & Wiki
- Lily Tomlin Bio, Age, Partner, Children, Net Worth, Movies, TV Show & Wiki
Robert Blake Movies And TV Shows
- During his teen years, Blake settled a lead part in the drama Mokey (1942), parts in the comedy-fantasy film The Horn Blows at Midnight (1945) and Humoresque (1946), an uncredited but climactic role in The Treasure of the Sierra Madre (1948), and a starring role in the Red Ryder Western series.
- By the mid-1950s, he had twisted to dramatic fare, with TV work and small pieces in films like Apache War Smoke (1952), Screaming Eagles (1956), The Rack (1956), The Tijuana Story (1957), Three Violent People (1957), Battle Flame (1959) and The Purple Gang (1960).
- During the 1960s, Blake settled more noticeable appearances, including those in the World War II adventure PT 109 (1963), the mammoth religious epic The Greatest Story Ever Told (1965), and the romantic drama This Property Is Condemned (1966).
- Also around this time, he functioned on the TV garland The Richard Boone Show. In 1967, Blake acted in the famous murder drama In Cold Blood, a film depended on the Truman Capote book of the clone name.
- Blake received critical acclaim for his representation of homicidal drifter Perry Smith in the film. More outstanding roles pursued in several films, including Tell Them Willie Boy Is Here (1969) and Electra Glide in Blue (1973) before Blake turned once again to TV.
- In 1975, Blake was cast in the role for which he is best remembered: that of the title character on the TV police drama Baretta, which loved three years on the air. Blake starred on the streak from 1975 to ’78, winning an Emmy Award (Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series) for his work during his inaugural year.
- By this time, Blake had also become well-known for his often unstable behavior. Blake afterward performed in a slew of TV miniseries and special movie programs during the 1980s and ’90s, including Of Mice and Men (1981); Blood Feud (1983); Hoffa (1983), in which he played the lead role.
- For the next 10 years, Blake essentially quit from the spotlight.
- In 1993, he performed an unlikely comeback, getting an Emmy nomination for his performance as a New Jersey accountant-turned-mass criminal in the TV drama Judgement Day: The John List Story, for which he earned another Emmy nomination.
- Blake went back to film thereafter, settling supporting roles in Money Train (1995) with Jennifer Lopez and Wesley Snipes, and Lost Highway (1997) with Patricia Arquette and Bill Pullman, among other parts.
Captain Spanky's Showboat
Dad for a Day
Time Out for Lessons
The Big Premiere
All About Hash
The New Pupil
Spots Before Your Eyes
I Love You Again
Good Bad Boys
Waldo's Last Stand
Ye Olde Minstrels
Come Back, Miss Pipps
Main Street on the March!
|1942||Melodies Old and New|
Going to Press
Kid Glove Killer
Doin' Their Bit
Rover's Big Chance
Mighty Lak a Goat
Andy Hardy's Double Life
|1943||Benjamin Franklin, Jr.|
Calling All Kids
Salute to the Marines
Little Miss Pinkerton
Three Smart Guys
Tale of a Dog
Meet the People
Marshal of Reno
The Seventh Cross
The San Antonio Kid
The Big Noise
The Woman in the Window
Vigilantes of Dodge City
Sheriff of Las Vegas
|1945||Great Stagecoach Robbery|
Pillow to Post
The Horn Blows at Midnight
Lone Texas Ranger
Phantom of the Plains
Marshal of Laredo
Wagon Wheels Westward
|1946||A Guy Could Change|
California Gold Rush
Sheriff of Redwood Valley
Sheriff of Redwood Valley
Sun Valley Cyclone
In Old Sacramento
Conquest of Cheyenne
Santa Fe Uprising
Out California Way
Stagecoach to Denver
|1947||Vigilantes of Boomtown|
Homesteaders of Paradise Valley
Oregon Trail Scouts
Rustlers of Devil's Canyon
Marshal of Cripple Creek
The Return of Rin Tin Tin
The Last Round-up
|1948||The Treasure of the Sierra Madre|
The Black Rose
|1952||Apache War Smoke|
|1953||Treasure of the Golden Condor|
The Veils of Bagdad
Rumble on the Docks
|1957||Three Violent People|
The Tijuana Story
|1958||The Beast of Budapest|
Revolt in the Big House
|1959||Pork Chop Hill|
The Purple Gang
|1961||Town Without Pity|
|1963 ||PT 109|
|1965||The Greatest Story Ever Told|
|1966||This Property Is Condemned|
|1967||In Cold Blood|
|1969||Tell Them Willie Boy Is Here|
|1973||Electra Glide in Blue|
|1980||Coast to Coast|
TV Shows & Serials List
|1952||The Adventures of Wild Bill Hickok|
The Cisco Kid
|1956||The Roy Rogers Show|
Men of Annapolis
The Court of Last Resort
The Restless Gun
Dick Powell's Zane Grey Theatre
Alcoa Presents: One Step Beyond
|1960–1962||Have Gun - Will Travel|
The New Breed
|1963–1964||The Richard Boone Show|
The Trials of O'Brien
|1966||Twelve O'Clock High|
Death Valley Days
|1977||29th Primetime Emmy Awards|
|1981||The Big Black Pill|
The Monkey Mission
Of Mice and Men
|1982||Saturday Night Live|
Murder 1, Dancer 0
Heart of a Champion: The Ray Mancini Story
|1993||Judgment Day: The John List Story|
- Не ѕtаtеd thаt hе wаѕ рhуѕісаllу аnd ѕ*хuаllу аbuѕеd bу hіѕ father whеn hе wаѕ а сhіld.
- Не wаѕ іnvоlvеd іn fіghtѕ whеn hе wаѕ іn ѕсhооl, аnd аt аgе 14, hе leaved his home.
- Robert Blake is currently not married to anyone.
- Blake started out his acting career when he was a child.
- In 1950, he was pressed into the army, and when he came back, he was workable and fell into a broad depression that he began taking and selling drugs.
- Unfоrtunаtеlу іn 2001, hе lоѕt hіѕ wіfе аftеr ѕhе wаѕ ѕhоt dеаd. Маnу реорlе thоught thаt hе wаѕ rеѕроnѕіblе fоr thе murdеr.
- Не wаѕ іnvеѕtіgаtеd fоr а vеrу lоng tіmе аnd wаѕ lаtеr рrоvеd thаt hе wаѕ nоt guіltу fоr thе murdеr.
What Nationality Is Robert Blake?
What Happened To Actor Robert Blake?
The Former “Baretta” Star, Who Was Acquitted In The 2001 Murder Of His Second Wife, Told Abc News That There Is No One “With More Miracles In Their Life Than Me.” Robert Blake, The Tv Actor, Escaped Murder Charges For The Killing Of His Wife 16 Years Ago But A Court Still Found Him Responsible For Her Death.
Why Was Blake Acquitted?
On March 16, 2005, Blake Was Found Not Guilty Of Murder And Not Guilty Of One Of The Two Counts Of Solicitation Of Murder. On The Night Of His Acquittal, Several Fans Celebrated At Blake’s Favorite Haunt And The Scene Of The Crime Vitello’s.
How Long Was Blake In Jail?
On March 13, 2003, After Almost A Year In Jail, Blake Was Granted Bail, Which Was Set At $1.5 Million, And He Was Allowed To Go Free To Await Trial.
Where Did Blake Shoot His Wife?
On May 4, 2001, Blake Took Bakley To An Italian Dinner At Vitello’s Restaurant On Tujunga Avenue In Studio City. Afterward, Bakley Was Killed By A Gunshot Wound To The Head While Sitting In Her Car, Which Was Parked On A Side Street Around The Corner From The Restaurant.
Who Raised Blake’s Daughter?
Raised By Her Half-sister Delinah And Her Husband In Sherman Oaks, Lenore Lived A Private Life Away From The Spotlight And From Blake, Who She’d Last Seen When She Was 5. Now, As She Embarks On An Acting Career, Lenore Says She Wants To Finally Take Control Of The Narrative Surrounding Her Life.
How Old Is Robert Blake’s Daughter Rose Now?
Now Nearly Two Decades Later, Lenore Now 19-years-old Is Opening Up In People Magazine For The First Time To “Set The Story Straight” About The Hollywood Murder Mystery That Tore Her Family Apart. Rose Lenore Speaks Out In An Interview With Abc News’ Paula Faris That Aired On “Good Morning America,”.