Renee Zellweger is a renowned American actress, Impressive performance, expressive features, sweet voice, and strong artistic prowess has contributed to giving Renee Zellweger the stardom and status that she enjoys today. Born in Texas, young Zellweger enjoyed dramatics just as she did sports and cheerleading. It was a chance taking up of dramatics as the fine arts subject to complete her BA that changed the path of her life completely. She found herself at ease while on stage and no sooner, took it up as a profession. Zellweger started off playing minor roles in several films before she bagged the lead character in the film ‘Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation’.
Her career witnessed a jumpstart when she relocated to Los Angeles. Her first major breakthrough came with the film, ‘Jerry Maguire’ in which she played the love interest of Tom Cruise character. The role-play won her international acclaim and commendation. Following this, she starred in super successful flicks like, ‘Bridget Jones’ Diary’, ‘Chicago’, ‘Cold Mountain’, and so on. It was her impeccable acting talent that won her an Academy Award and three Golden Globe Awards, thus establishing her as one of the highest-paid actresses of Hollywood.
|Birth Name||Renée Kathleen Zellweger|
|Age||(as in 2020) 51 years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Taurus|
|Birth Place||Katy, Texas, U.S.|
|Date of Birth||25 April 1969|
|Home Town||Katy, Texas|
|Mother's Name||Kjellfrid Irene (née Andreassen) (Nurse)|
|Father's Name|| Emil Erich Zellweger (Mechanical and Electrical Engineer and had worked in an oil refining company)|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• Jack White (2003-2004) – Renee dated musician Jack for a year and a half from 2003 to December 2004. They still are good friends.|
• Damien Rice (2004) – She was romantically linked to Irish singer, Damien Rice in 2004.
• Luke Perry (2007) – In January 2007, she had a fling with actor Luke Perry.
• John Krasinski (2007) – Renee and John worked on the 2008 movie Leatherheads and RUMORed to be dating in 2007 for a couple of months. They were seen together on different occasions.
• Paul McCartney (2007) – She met British musician Paul McCartney during Tom Petty’s concert in New York in August 2007 and had an encounter with him. He is 27 years older than her.
• André Balazs (2007) – Renee went on a date with Hungarian hotelier, Andre Balazs in late 2007 in New York City. The romance didn’t go far.
• Dan Abrams (2009) – MSNBC correspondent Dan Abrams and Zellweger dated for a couple of months in 2009.
• Bradley Cooper (2009-2011) – From July 2009 to March 2011, Renee dated actor Bradley Cooper. They had various magazine covers together in 2009 in Star magazine and US magazine.
• John Stamos (2011) – She was RUMORed to have had a fling with actor John Stamos in June 2011 when they were seen on a Disneyland date.
• Doyle Bramhall II (2012-Present) – Since 2012, she is dating musician Doyle Bramhall II.
Marital Status, Husband and Children
|Husband/Spouse||• Kenny Chesney (2005) – Renee started dating country musician Kenny Chesney in January 2005 when she met him at a telethon for victims of the Asian tsunami. Kenny, who had a long crush on her married Renee But, the marriage ended after four months in September 2005, when Zellweger filed for divorce.|
|Marriage Date||9 May 2005|
|School||Katy High School in Katy, Texas|
|College/University||University of Texas, Austin|
|Educational Qualification||BA degree in English Language|
|Profession||Actress, producer, voice artist|
|Brands Endorsed||She has appeared in Coors Light Beer commercial, beef advert, and many others|
|Career Manager||John Carrabino Management|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm|
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet inches- 5’4”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 53 kg|
in pounds- 117 lbs
|Breast Size||34 Inches|
|Hips Size||35 Inches|
|Waist Size||24 Inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||White|
She is of Swiss descent on her father’s side, while she has Kven (Finnish), Norwegian, Swedish, and Sami ancestry on her mother’s side.
|Dress Size||4 (US) or 36 (EU) or 8 (UK)|
|Shoe Size||9 (US) or 39.5 (EU)|
|Favourite Designer||Carolina Adriana Herrera|
|Controversies||Renee Zellweger addressed her long absence from Hollywood, plastic surgery rumors, and Harvey Weinstein in a wide-ranging new profile.|
Renee Zellweger was born to Swiss father Emil Erich Zellweger and Norwegian, Finnish, Swedish, and Sami mother, Kjellfrid Irene, in Texas. While her father is a mechanical and electrical engineer, her mother worked as a nurse and midwife.
Academically, she gained her preliminary education from Katy High School in Texas. She was different from her female friend in school given her tomboyish attitude. Due to the same, she enjoyed what then was called boy’s stuff, playing sports and gymnastics. In addition to sports, she loved cheerleading and dramatics. She was also a member of the drama club.
Post high school education, she enrolled at the University of Texas majoring in the English language. To complete her degree, she took up drama class as she required a fine arts credit. Little did she realize that it would eventually change the course of her life!
Meanwhile, to support herself financially, she took up a job as a waitress. She also acted in a few commercials and the Austin-filmed horror-comedy ‘My Boyfriend’s Back’.
Ѕhе wаѕ еngаgеd tо асtоr Јіm Саrrеу frоm 1999 tо 2000. Іn 2003 ѕhе wеnt оn а рublіс rеlаtіоnѕhір wіth Јасk Whіtе. Ѕhе mаrrіеd ѕіngеr Кеnnу Сhеѕnеу fоr а ѕhоrt реrіоd. Аftеr ѕіх mоnthѕ, thе соuрlе gоt ѕераrаtеd. Zеllwеgеr ѕtаrtеd dаtіng thе dаѕhіng Ноllуwооd асtоr Вrаdlеу Соореr іn 2006. Тhеу bоught а fоur-bеdrооm hоuѕе іn Саlіfоrnіа. Тhеу ѕераrаtеd іn 2011. Рrеѕеntlу ѕhе іѕ іn а rеlаtіоnѕhір wіth Dоуlе Вrаmhаll ІІ.
Renee Zellweger Net Worth
Renee Zellweger has a net worth of $90 million.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2019||$90 million|
|Previous Year's Net Worth (2018)||Under Review|
|Annual Salary||Under Review|
|Income Source||Actress, producer, voice artist|
Renee earned $3.75 million for the very first installment of “Bridget Jones’s Diary” in 2001. Three years later she would earn $11 million to her reprise the role in “Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason”. In 2002 she made $10 million for her role in “Chicago”. In 2003 she earned $15 million (and an Academy Award) for her work in “Cold Mountain”. In 2005 she made $5 million for “Cinderella Man”.
Today for a big-budget studio film she might earn $10 – $15 million. Thanks to her multiple blockbuster successes and major award win, she is able to take independent film roles for nominal paydays while still maintaining her position as one of the highest-paid actresses in the world.
In 2004, Renee paid $1.32 million for a 40-acre farm in Connecticut. She has attempted to sell this property on a number of occasions but is still the owner as of this writing. She previously owned a complex of apartment units in New York City which she offloaded in 2011 for $7.4 million.
In 2003 she soles a house in LA’s Bel-Air neighborhood to actress Debra Messing for $7 million. Also in 2003, Renee picked up a home in East Hampton, New York for $2.15 million. She listed this home for sale in 2014 for $4.45 million. She ultimately sold this house in December 2014 for $4.65 million.
Renee Zellweger Movies And TV Shows
- Zellweger appeared in bit parts in mainstream movies like Dazed and Confused (1993) and Reality Bites (1994), before earning praise for her leading roles in the independent films Love and a .45 (1994) and The Whole Wide World (1996), co-starring Vincent D’Onofrio.
- Director Cameron Crowe surprised many when he cast the relatively unknown actress as Dorothy Boyd, the single mother who is swept off her feet by Tom Cruise‘s soul-searching sports agent, in Jerry Maguire (1996).
- The film’s success made Zellweger one of Hollywood’s hottest new commodities, but instead of cashing in with another big-budget feature, she took a risk with independent films like Deceiver (1997), opposite Tim Roth, and A Price Above Rubies (1998), in which she played a rebellious wife in a Hasidic Jewish family.
- Zellweger later turned in a critically acclaimed performance opposite Meryl Streep in One True Thing (1998), an adaptation of Anna Quindlen’s novel about a daughter coping with her mother’s slow death from cancer.
- In 1999, Zellweger starred with Chris O’Donnell in The Bachelor and made headlines for her budding romance with actor and comedian Jim Carrey.
- In the comedy Me, Myself and Irene (2000), written and directed by Peter and Bobby Farrelly, Carrey played a character with two personalities, both of whom are in love with Zellweger’s Irene.
- Zellweger enjoyed critical and popular success in 2001 when she starred as the neurotic British title character in the film adaptation of Helen Fielding’s best-selling novel Bridget Jones’s Diary. The film, which also starred Hugh Grant and Colin Firth, earned Zellweger an Academy Award nomination for Best Actress.
- Bridget Jones’s sequel, The Edge of Reason, was released in 2004, and the actress returned to the role again for 2016’s Bridget Jones’s Baby, in which her character, now single and in her 40s, discovers she is pregnant and must figure out if the father is Mark Darcy (Firth) or Jack Qwant (Patrick Dempsey).
- In 2003, Zellweger earned her second Golden Globe and an Oscar nomination for Best Actress for her performance in Chicago, an adaptation of the 1970s musical. The film also starred Richard Gere and Catherine Zeta-Jones.
- That same year, Zellweger starred opposite Ewan McGregor in the retro-romantic comedy Down With Love. The following year, she won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for her performance as Ruby in the Civil War drama Cold Mountain.
- In 2005, Zellweger co-starred in Cinderella Man with Russell Crowe. The following year, she played famed children’s book writer Beatrix Potter in the biopic, Miss Potter. Her next film projects included Leatherheads (2008), Appaloosa (2008), My One and Only (2009), Case 39 (2009), and My Own Love Song (2010).
- Following roles in the Same Kind of Different as Me (2017) and Here and Now (2018), Zellweger made a rare turn to the small screen in 2019 for the Netflix anthology series What/If, delivering a no-holds-barred performance as a ruthless venture capitalist.
- Later that year, she wowed with her Academy Award-winning portrayal of Hollywood legend Judy Garland in the biopic Judy.
|1993||My Boyfriend's Back|
Dazed and Confused
Shake, Rattle and Rock!
Love and a .45
Texas Chainsaw Massacre:
The Next Generation
The Low Life
|1996||The Whole Wide World|
|1998||A Price Above Rubies|
One True Thing
|1999 ||The Bachelor|
|2000||Me, Myself & Irene|
|2001 ||Bridget Jones's Diary|
|2003||Down with Love|
Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason
|2006 ||Miss Potter|
|2007 ||Bee Movie|
|2009||New in Town|
Monsters vs. Aliens
My One and Only
|2010||My Own Love Song|
|2016||The Whole Truth|
Bridget Jones's Baby
|2017||Same Kind of Different as Me|
|2018 ||Here and Now|
TV Shows & Serials List
|1992 ||A Taste for Killing|
|1993 ||Murder in the Heartland|
|1994 ||Shake, Rattle and Rock!|
|2001 ||King of the Hill|
|2008 ||Living Proof|
- She describes herself as being raised in a “lazy Catholics and Episcopalians” family.
- She was active in sports as a kid and played football, baseball, soccer, basketball, and many others.
- She was also a cheerleader in high school. Besides that, she was also a gymnast, and a member of the drama club and speech team.
- She had also worked as a waitress in Austin, Texas.
- Renee has a pet dog of collie-golden retriever mix, named Dylan.
- Zellweger participated in the Swiss health department’s 2005 HIV prevention campaign.
- To raise awareness and money for Breast Health Institute, she joined hands with Tommy Hilfiger in April 2011.
- Her wedding ceremony lasted for only 15 minutes.
- She is friends with Reese Witherspoon.
- She is not on social media.
[wps_faq style=”classic” question=”What Is Renee Zellweger Diet?”]To Shape Up, Renee Follows A Strict Macrobiotic Diet Of Lean Fish, Rice, And Vegetables, Earning Her A Spot On People Magazine’s List Of The 50 Most Beautiful People. She Has Also Been Known To Experiment With The Zone, Hamptons And Atkins Diets.[/wps_faq]
[wps_faq style=”classic” question=”How Much Did Renee Zellweger Weight For Bridget Jones?”]Renee Zellweger Gained Almost 30 Pounds To Play The Title Role In The 2001 Film “Bridget Jones’s Diary.”[/wps_faq]
[wps_faq style=”classic” question=”Is Renee Zellweger Singing In Judy?”]Renee Zellweger Sang Some Of Judy Garland‘s Most Iconic Tracks In Judy, Including The “Somewhere Over The Rainbow” And “The Trolley Song”. Zellweger Trained Extensively To Transform Her Singing Voice, Although She Doesn’t Hit Some Of Those Big Money Notes That Garland Was Known For.[/wps_faq]
[wps_faq style=”classic” question=”What Did Renee Zellweger Do To Prepare For Judy?”]To Prepare For The Six Demanding Musical Numbers In Judy, Zellweger Trained With A Vocal Coach For A Year In Order To Get A Grip On Garland’s Very Particular Style Justice, And She Rehearsed For Four Months With The Film’s Musical Director, Matt Dunkley.[/wps_faq]
[wps_faq style=”classic” question=”What Did Renee Zellweger Do To Lose Weight?”]In Fact, Renee Has Followed Specific Diet, But In A Bid To Put On Weight – Not To Lose It. She Ate 4,000 Calories A Day – Twice The Recommend Daily Allowance For Women – To Put On One And A Half Stones To Play The Character. She Then Shrunk Down To A Size Zero To Poor Chicago.[/wps_faq]