Jessica Lange is an American actress who has derived international recognition for her work in theater, cinema, and television. She started her career as a model and was noticed by film producer Dino De Laurentiis while modeling for Wilhelmina modeling agency. Lange made her film beginning in the 1976 flick ‘King Kong,’ for which she earned her first Golden Globe Award. She went on to act in many other movies consisting of ‘Tootsie’, ‘Country’, ‘Music Box’, ‘Sweet Dreams’, ‘Frances’, ‘Grey Gardens’, and ‘Blue Sky’, to name a few. Over the course of her pervasive career, she has won several renowned awards including the Academy Award.
In fact, she is one of the 26 actresses to earn an Academy Award for a comedic character. In addition to being an actress, Lange is also a professional photojournalist who has her artwork exhibited in numerous galleries like Howard Greenberg Gallery, Butler Institute of American Art, Rosegallery, Polk Museum of Art, Centro Cultural de Cascais and A Gallery for Fine Photography. Presently, she is a UNICEF’s Goodwill Ambassador who trains in HIV/AIDS in the Democratic Republic of the Congo and Russia. A less known fact about the American artiste is that she has also subsidized a number of songs as a singer.
|Birth Name||Jessica Phyllis Lange|
|Age||(as in 2020) 71 years|
|Religion||She doesn’t follow any set religion but, she regularly practices Buddhism.|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Taurus|
|Birth Place||Cloquet, Minnesota, USA|
|Date of Birth||20 April 1949|
|Residence||Stillwater, Minnesota, USA|
|Home Town||Cloquet, Minnesota|
|Mother's Name||Dorothy Florence (Housewife)|
|Father's Name||Albert John Lange (Teacher and Traveling salesman)|
|Brother||George Lange (Younger)|
|Sister||• Ann Lange (Older)|
• Jane Lange (Older)
|Others||• George Oscar Alexander Lange (Paternal Grandfather)|
• Tena Trientje Eitens (Paternal Grandmother)
• George Ilmar Sahlman (Maternal Grandfather)
• Lillian Elvira Buskala (Maternal Grandmother)
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• Bob Fosse (1970s)|
• Mikhail Baryshnikov (1976-1982)
• Sam Shepard (1982–2009)
Marital Status, Husband and Children
|Husband/Spouse||Paco Grande (m. 1970–1981)|
|Marriage Date||29 July 1970|
|Children||• Daughters- Hannah Jane Shepard (born in 1985) (With Her Partner Sam Shepard)|
Shura Baryshnikov (born in 1981) (With Her Partner Mikhail Baryshnikov)
• Son- Samuel Walker Shepard (With Her Partner Sam Shepard)
|School||Cloquet High School|
|College/University||University of Minnesota|
|Profession||Actress, Model, Singer, and Photographer|
|Brands Endorsed||Marc Jacobs Beauty brand|
|Career Manager||• Brian Swardstrom|
• Untitled Entertainment
• Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, California, USA
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm|
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet inches- 5’8”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 63 kg|
in pounds- 139 lbs
|Breast Size||36 Inches|
|Hips Size||36 Inches|
|Waist Size||24 Inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||White|
|Dress Size||Not Available|
|Shoe Size||8.5 (U.S.)|
|Favourite Novelist||Émile Zola|
|Favourite American Horror Story Season||Freak Show (4th Season)|
|Favourite Co-star||Kim Stanley|
Jessica Lange was born on April 20, 1949, in Cloquet, Minnesota. The third of four children, Lange was born to Dorothy Florence and Albert John Lange, who was a lecturer and salesman. As a child, Lange’s family moved continually due to her father’s regularly changing jobs.
Lange afterward understands that her family “lived like gypsies.” But rather of renouncing against this ephemeral lifestyle, Lange derived the travel bug. By the time she joined as an art student at the University of Minnesota in 1967, she had enormous dreams of seeing the world.
In the spring of 1968, before she had completed her freshman year, Lange saw and fell in love with 24-year-old photography lecturer Paco Grande. Lange and Grande left school and migrated throughout the United States and Europe. They resided mostly out of Grande’s van, and Lange met many of Grande’s friends within the film society.
They came back to Minnesota briefly in July 1970, where they were married. The newlyweds migrated to New York, finally settling into the SoHo art community. Grande pursued to work on film projects and Lange, influenced by French cinema, made the judgment to study mime.
In 1971, Lange shifted to Paris to study mime with lecturer Etienne Decroux. Her two years of education with Decroux triggered an interest in acting, and she came back to New York in 1973 to seek a film career.
Jessica Lange Net Worth
Jessica Lange has a net worth of $15 million dollars.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2019 (Approx)||$15 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2018(Approx)||Under Review|
|Annual Salary||Under Review|
|Income Source||Actress, Model, Singer, and Photographer|
Debut in acting with ‘King Kong‘
During her time abroad, Lange‘s marriage to Paco Grande had disintegrated. Grande quit Lange in New York, where she initiated working as a waitress and model in the Wilhelmina Agency in the form to make ends meet.
In the plunge of 1975, film producer Dino De Laurentiis talked Lange‘s modeling agency looking for an actress to star in his new King Kong movie. A representative at Wilhelmina proposed Lange for the part. After a Hollywood screen evaluation, she secured the role.
King Kong knocked theaters in 1976 and was a box-office hit. Reviews for Lange, however, were widely negative and concentrated on the fact that Lange was a former model. Although she had authorized a seven-year acting contract with De Laurentiis, Lange did not function for three years following King Kong’s release.
During this turn, Lange met Russian dancer Mikhail Baryshnikov, and the two started dating.
Jessica Lange Movies And TV Shows
- Jessica Lange initiated her career as a model in the Wilhelmina modeling agency. She soon operated into acting and made her film appearance in the 1976 flick ‘King Kong’. After this, she was cast as the Angel of Death in a semiautobiographical movie named ‘All That Jazz’.
- In 1980, she did the arrival ‘How to Beat the High Cost of Living’ alongside Susan Saint James and Jane Curtin. A year later, she was offered the lead character in the film ‘The Postman Always Rings Twice’.
- The actress acted the title role of actress Frances Farmer in the biographical movie ‘Frances’ in 1982. She then formed and acted the topical flick, ‘Country’ in 1984. The same year, Lange emerged in the TV film ‘Cat on a Hot Tin Roof’.
- After this, she was worked as Patsy Cline in the movie ‘Sweet Dreams’. This was pursued by her low profile movies ‘Crimes of the Heart’, ‘Far North’, and ‘Everybody’s All-American’ in the late 1980s.
- Between 1990 and 1992, the American beauty emerged in the films ‘Men Don’t Leave’ and ‘Cape Fear’ as well as in the TV movie ‘O Pioneers!’ During this time, she also made her Broadway debut with the character of Blanche DuBois in ‘A Streetcar Named Desire’.
- She performed important roles in the films ‘Losing Isaiah’, ‘Rob Roy’ and ‘A Thousand Acres’ in the mid-1990s. She then emerged in the thriller flick ‘Hush’ and in the comedy-drama flick ‘Cousin Bette’ in 1998.
- In 1999, Jessica Lange emerged in the film modification of William Shakespeare’s play, ‘Titus Andronicus.’ The movie, titled ‘Titus,’ also emphasized Alan Cumming and Anthony Hopkins.
- She materialized in a London stage production of ‘Long Day’s Journey into Night’. Then after materializing in the 2001 film ‘Prozac Nation’, she acted in HBO’s TV movie ‘Normal’ in 2003. That year, the actress also did the films ‘Masked and Anonymous’ and ‘Big Fish’.
- During the year 2005, she was emphasized in the big screen movies ‘Broken Flowers’ and ‘Don’t Come Knocking’ as well as in the play ‘The Glass Menagerie’.
- In 2009, Lange characterized the role of Big Edie in the television movie ‘Grey Gardens’.
- In 2011, she followed the cast of the horror anthology series titled ‘American Horror Story’ and went on to act in many of its seasons including ‘American Horror Story: Asylum’, ‘American Horror Story: Coven’ and ‘American Horror Story: Freak Show’.
- In 2013 and 2014, the American beauty did the films ‘In Secret’ and ‘The Gambler’. She then materialized in the movie ‘Wild Oats’ in 2016.
- That year, she also worked in the web series, ‘Horace and Pete’. Lange next starred in the anthology series titled ‘Feud: Bette and Joan’ and also played as its co-producer.
|1979||All That Jazz|
|1980||How to Beat the High Cost of Living|
|1981||The Postman Always Rings Twice|
|1985 ||Sweet Dreams|
|1986||Crimes of the Heart|
|1990 ||Men Don't Leave|
|1991 ||Cape Fear|
|1992||Night and the City|
A Streetcar named Desire
|1997||A Thousand Acres|
|2003||Masked and Anonymous|
Don't Come Knocking
TV Shows & Serials List
|1984 ||Cat on a Hot Tin Roof|
|1992||O Pioneers! |
|1995||A Streetcar Named Desire|
|1998||Stories from My Childhood |
|2011||American Horror Story: Murder House|
|2012–13||American Horror Story: Asylum|
|2013–14||American Horror Story: Coven|
|2014–15||American Horror Story: Freak Show|
|2016||Horace and Pete|
|2017||Feud: Bette and Joan|
|2018||American Horror Story: Apocalypse|
- She is a vegetarian.
- She wished to be a painter before inclining an actress.
- She has been through a phase of depression but never believed in seeking therapy for it.
- Jessica has published several collections of her pictures. In 2008, it was published under the title 50 Photographs, a black and white collection. In 2010, it was a collection titled In Mexico, and in 2013, she presented a children’s picture book disclosed It’s About a Little Bird.
- She became UNICEF’s Goodwill Ambassador on June 2, 2003, fixating on HIV/AIDS and immunization.
- She supports the Buddhist monks in Nepal in their cause.
- Jessica has been vocal about “ageism” in Hollywood, leading out that it works with a male point of view.
- She has 2 granddaughters from her daughter Aleksandra and her husband, called Adah and Ilse Bryan.
- She has a tattoo of a curve moon on her hip, which she got at the age of 19 in Paris.
- In 2016, she became the 22nd thespian to receive the Triple Crown of Acting in the history of American entertainment.
- She is not active on any social media site.
Was Jessica Lange Married To Mikhail Baryshnikov?
Lange Was Married To Photographer Francisco “Paco” Grande From 1970 To 1981. From 1976 To 1982, She Was Partnered With Renowned Russian Ballet Dancer Mikhail Baryshnikov, With Whom She Had Her First Child, Aleksandra Lange “Shura” Baryshnikov (Born 1981).
Where Is Jessica Lange Now?
She Saw It As A Way To Take High-quality Pictures Of Their Two Children, And Her Practice Grew From There. Ms. Lange, Though Now Based In New York, Has Spent Time Over The Last Six Years Documenting All Eight States Where Highway 61 Unfolds.
Does Jessica Lange Sing In American Horror Story?
American Horror Story: Freak Show – Jessica Lange Sings ‘life On Mars’ (Season 4, 2014/15).
Who Is Jessica Lange's Husband?
Does Jessica Lange Have An Accent?
She’s Clearly Not Done Doing Accents. Between This Season’s Sultry German Growl And The Gritty Boston Patois Of “American Horror Story: Asylum,” Jessica Lange Is Clearly Not Done Displaying Her Talent For Dialect.
Does Jessica Lange Live In Minnesota?
Tour Jessica Lange’s House In Minnesota. “When I Started, I Had No Idea What A Compulsion It Would Become,” Oscar-winning Actress Jessica Lange (Above, With Her Dog Pine) Says Of The Gardens She Planted At Her Stillwater, Minnesota, House, Which She Shares With Actor And Writer Sam Shepard And Her Children.
Is Jessica Lange In All Seasons Of AHS?
Lange Has Appeared On Five Iterations Of The Series–Murder House (Season 1), Asylum (Season 2), Coven (Season 3), Freak Show (Season 4) And Apocalypse (Season 8).
Where Is The Bearded Lady From American Horror Story From?
‘American Horror Story’: The Curious Case Of Kathy Bates’ Baltimore-ish Accent. Her Beard May Be The Least Interesting Aspect Of Kathy Bates’ Character On “American Horror Story: Freak Show.”
Who Is Not Returning To American Horror Story?
A Source Confirmed To Ew That Paulson Is Not Currently One Of The Leads In Ahs 1984, But Nothing Has Been Ruled Out For The 10-episode Season. Evan Peters, Who Has Also Appeared In All Eight Seasons Of The Show, And Billy Eichner, Who Starred In Cult And Apocalypse, Have Both Said They Will Not Be Returning For 1984.
Are Sam Shepard And Jessica Lange Still Together?
Shepard Met Academy Award-winning Actress Jessica Lange On The Set Of The Film Frances, In Which They Were Both Acting. He Moved In With Her In 1983, And They Were Together For 26 Years; They Separated In 2009.