Christian Bale is packed with capacity and artistic skills, an extraordinary actor of his generation. It is his ability to get into the skin of the role that helps him forward a powerful appearance that flies the audiences and the critics hypnotized and enthralled for more. Bale is recognized for giving great mental and physical pledge to his appearance and making chameleon-like diversities to meet the requirements of the character. It is due to this slot that most of his movies have gained a cult status making him a cult star.
Bale grew of fame with Steven Spielberg’s ‘Empire of the Sun’ in 1987. Ever since then, there has been no watching back for this brilliant actor who gave strong appearances after the other. His improvement came with ‘American Psycho’ for which he lost 60 pounds to bring legitimacy and realism to his character. However, rapidly again he obtained more than what he lost and flaunted a chiseled frame for the most prosperous and exemplary movies of his career, the ‘Batman’ franchise.
Christian Bale Wiki/Bio
|Birth Name||Christian Charles Philip Bale|
|Age||(as in 2023) 49 years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Aquarius|
|Birth Place||Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, Wales, UK|
|Date of Birth||30 January 1974|
|Residence||Los Angeles, California, USA|
|Home Town||Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire|
|Mother’s Name||Jenny (née James) Bale (Circus performer)|
|Father’s Name||David Bale (Entrepreneur, commercial pilot, talent manager)|
|Sister||Louise Bale (Director / Actress)|
Erin Bale (Musician)
Sharon Bale (Computer specialist)
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Drew Barrymore (1987)|
Samantha Mathis (1994-1995)
Anna Friel (1999)
Sibi Blazic (2000-Present)
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Marriage Date||29 January 2000|
|Children||Son- Joseph Bale|
Daughter- Emmeline (b. March 27, 2005)
|School||Bournemouth School in Bournemouth, Dorset|
Dolphin School, Berkshire, England
|Educational Qualification||Left school at the age of 16|
|Brands Endorsed||In 1982, as a child, for fabric softener Lenor|
An advertisement for Pac-Man in 1983
|Career Manager||William Morris Endeavor Entertainment|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 183 cm|
in meters- 1.83 m
in feet inches- 6’0”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 82 kg|
in pounds- 181 lbs
|Chest Size||46 inches|
|Biceps Size||16 inches|
|Waist Size||31 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||White|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Dress Size||Not Available|
|Shoe Size||10 or 11 (US)|
|Favourite Bat Toy||Bat bike|
|Favourite Movie||Beverly Hills Ninja|
|Favourite Charity||Dian Fossey Gorilla Fund|
|Controversies||Accusations on July 22, 2008, thrust Bale into the limelight. He was prosecuted for abusing his mother, Jenny, and sister, Sharon, who called the jurisdictions. He was later discharged on a lack of evidence.|
Christian Bale was born in 1974 in Pembrokeshire, Walesa in a family of varied ancestry. His mother, Jenny a circus artist, was English, while his father, David Charles Howard Bale an entrepreneur, commercial pilot, and talent executive by profession, was South African born. He has two sister siblings.
Much of his initial years were spent in England, Portugal, and the United States. He showed up at Bournemouth School for preparatory education. His mother had an overwhelming impact on young Bale who took an avid interest in performing arts.
Appearing his career as a child, Bale appeared as one of the most talented actors in the entertainment industry. It seems that executing is in his genes, with a mother who was a dancer and a buffoon and an older sister who was an actress. Even his grandfather was in the business, pursuing as a stunt double for John Wayne on the 1962 film Hatari.
Outside of portrayal, Bale wishes to keep his individual life under wraps. However, accusations on July 22, 2008, thrust Bale into the limelight. He was prosecuted for abusing his mother, Jenny, and sister, Sharon, who called the jurisdictions. He was later discharged on a lack of evidence.
That same month, it was recorded that Bale had a meltdown on the set of Terminator Salvation. The audio of the tantrum was later delivered and broadly published. Hollywood figures such as Whoopi Goldberg and Ron Howard openly preserved his actions, but his prominence remained marred by the incident.
Bale has been married to Sibi Blazic, a former model and personal representative, since 2000. The couple greeted their first child together, daughter Emmeline, in 2005. In 2014, Bale and Blazic greeted their second child, son Joseph.
Christian Bale Net Worth
Christian Bale has a net worth of $125 million dollars.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||$125 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$120 Million|
|Previous Year’s Net Worth 2021 (Approx)||Under Review|
|Annual Salary||Under Review|
Christian earned $9 million for his first appearance in Batman Begins. He earned $10 million as a base salary for The Dark Night and then was awarded a $20 million work bonus. For his final presentation, Christian earned $15 million. That’s a total of $54 million for the three films. He was reportedly offered $50 million to return for a fourth film but declined. He was then reportedly offered $50 million to make a little appearance as Batman in a Justice League movie but declined that as well.
Bale lives in Brentwood, Los Angeles. In November 2017, Christian paid $8.8 million for a large house in LA’s Brentwood Park enclave. Christian and his wife Sibi still own the Santa Monica house they purchased together in 2001 for $1.765 million. They also have a $13.5 million 8.5-acre ranch in a different part of Brentwood which they purchased in 2008.
Christian Bale Movies And TV Shows
- A child talent, he made his debut in front of the camera for a commercial for the fabric softener Lenor in 1982. Thereafter, there was no looking back as he has flowed with projects.
- He made a proper debut on stage opposite Rowan Atkinson for the play ‘The Nerd’ in 1984. 2 years later, he made his big-screen debut for the character of Tsarevich Alexei Nikolaevich for the film, ‘Anastasia: The Mystery of Anna’.
- A series of more works followed before he gained his breakthrough with the Steven Spielberg movie, ‘Empire of the Sun’ in 1987. The movie was an escapee success at the box office, with him earning several awards for his perfect representation of the character of Jim Graham.
- The overnight stardom and mounting expectations of people backfired as he found it difficult to adjust with the newly-found fame and star prosperity. However, he soon calmed his nerves and worked in Kenneth Branagh’s ‘Henry V’ in 1989.
- The following year, he was cast for the character of Jim Hawkins for the TV adaptation of Robert Louis Stevenson’s classic book, ‘Treasure Island’. He acted opposite Charlton Heston.
- In the 90s had many releases schedules for him. While ‘Newsies’ fired at the box office, the film transformation of the classic ‘Little Women’ had him playing a supporting character. His other film releases include, ‘Velvet Goldmine’, ‘The Portrait of a Lady’.
- He did a voice character for Thomas, a young national of Captain John Smith, in Disney’s ‘Pocahontas’ in 1994. In 1999, he was part of the wide star cast for Kenneth Branagh’s restored version of William Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream.
- He made his dream run at the box office in the new prosperity with the 2000 released film, ‘American Psycho’. Cast for the character of Patrick Bateman, he gave a heroic work changing himself totally to meet the demands of the character. The movie gained a cult status.
- His versatile acting strengths and infinite talent caught the fancy of directors who cast him for different roles after the supersonic success of ‘American Psycho’. To begin with, he performed as a Greek fisherman in John Madden transformation of the best-selling novel Captain Corelli’s ‘Mandolin’
- His layer of success at the box office essentially ended in 2002 after his three films released for the year failed to make it to the box office, namely, ‘Reign of Fire’, ‘Laurel Canyon’, and ‘Equilibrium’.
- The duds pushed him to go on a year-long sabbatical from films. He returned with a bang with Brad Anderson’s psychological thriller, ‘The Machinist’. Playing the role of Trevor Reznik, he went deep into it by losing 60 pounds to bring authenticity and realism in his role. This movie too gained a cult status.
- Subsequently, he did a voice character in Hayao Miyazaki’s ‘Spirited Away’ for the titular character, Howl. The movie was extremely well received by the critics and audience and did an astounding business at the box office.
- No sooner he won the title role of ‘Batman’ and he alters ego, Bruce Wayne in Christopher Nolan’s ‘Batman Begins’. The film, unlike its predecessors in the category, was a comprehensive hit with packed theatres worldwide. His portrayal of the role with complete supremacy earned him a couple of awards.
- After the success of ‘Batman Begins’, he resumed featuring in independent films. From 2006 until 2008, he emerged in a number of movies such as ‘Harsh Times’, ‘The New World’, ‘Rescue Dawn’, ‘In The Prestige’, ‘I’m Not There’ and ‘Terminator Salvation’.
- ‘Batman Begins’ was followed by its 2008 sequence, ‘The Dark Knight’, which unlike its forerunner was even a greater box office hit. The movie went on to gross over $1 billion at the box office worldwide, making it the fourth-highest grossing movie of that time.
- In 2010, he clinched 30 awards including his first Golden Globe and Academy Award for playing the character of Dicky Eklund in David O. Russell-directed drama film, ‘The Fighter’.
- In 2011, he emerged in Zhang Yimou’s ‘The Flowers of War’, playing the character of John Miller. A historical drama war movie, the movie did a normal business at the box office.
- The third film of the Batman trilogy series, ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ was released in 2012, to packed theatres. With this, he became the longest-lasting actor to perform Batman on film to date
- His organized releases for 2013 and 2014 include, ‘American Hustle’, ‘Out of the Furnace’, ‘Exodus’, ‘Knight of Cups’, and an untitled film by Terrence Malick.
|1987||Mio in the Land of Faraway|
Empire of the Sun
|1989 ||Henry V|
|1993 ||Swing Kids|
|1994||Prince of Jutland|
|1996||The Portrait of a Lady|
The Secret Agent
|1998 ||All the Little Animals|
|1999||A Midsummer Night’s Dream|
Mary, Mother of Jesus
|2001||Captain Corelli’s Mandolin|
Reign of Fire
Howl’s Moving Castle
The New World
|2007||3:10 to Yuma|
I’m Not There
|2008||The Dark Knight|
|2011||The Flowers of War|
|2012||The Dark Knight Rises|
|2013||Out of the Furnace|
|2014 ||Exodus: Gods and Kings|
|2015||Knight of Cups|
The Big Short
|2018||Mowgli: Legend of the Jungle|
|2019||Ford v Ferrari|
TV Shows & Serials List
|1986||Anastasia: The Mystery of Anna|
|1987 ||Heart of the Country|
|1990 ||Treasure Island|
|1991 ||A Murder of Quality|
|1999||Mary, Mother of Jesus|
- His parents separated in 1991 when he was 17 years old. Christian, then relocated to Los Angeles in America with his father.
Being a Britisher, he speaks eloquent American English.
- He was born in Wales but spent his childhood in different countries like England, Portugal, and the U.S.
- In 1994, Bale made his stage introduction opposite Rowan Atkinson via The Nerds.
- He is very good at horse riding.
- For the appearance in the 2004 movie “The Machinist”, he sustained on consuming a single vitamin, had salads, and apples. Apart from these, Bale also chewed gum, smoked cigarettes, and drank non-fat lattes.
- His father was passed away at 62 due to brain lymphoma.
- His grandfather was an honorable comedian.
- Christian’s stepmother, Gloria Steinem had her first marriage at the age of 66 on September 3, 2000, with David Bale, Christian’s dad.
- He did not use social media.
Born In Haverfordwest, Wales, To English Parents, Bale Had His First Starring Role At Age 13 In Steven Spielberg’s War Film Empire Of The Sun (1987).
To Play The Emaciated Insomniac Trevor Reznik In 2004’s The Machinist, Bale Lost Around 60 Pounds In Just Four Months, Bringing His Total Weight Down To 120 Pounds At The Start Of Filming. Bale Reportedly Stuck To A Diet Of “Water, An Apple, And One Cup Of Coffee Per Day,” To Lose Weight.
Brolin Uploaded A Picture Of Christian Bale Next To His Own Father James Brolin. He Commented On How Similar The Two Looked In The Photographs Proving That They Really Were Father And Son. Josh Brolin Continued His Joke Appreciating His Father For Visiting Him On The Sets Of Batman.