Rebel Wilson is an Australian actress, who is known for her comedy roles. Her performance as Fat Amy in the comedy series, “Pitch Perfect”, earned her several awards and nominations, including the MTV Best Breakthrough Performance Award and a Teen Choice Award for Choice Movie Actress. She has performed in movies and TV series, such as ‘Bachelorette,’ an American romantic comedy, and ‘Super Fun Night,’ a famous American TV series. Born in Sydney, New South Wales, in Australia, Wilson studied acting at the ‘Australian Theatre for Young People.’ Later, she went to New York on a scholarship for additional training. Her first notable work was in the musical ‘The Westie Monologues’ which led her to public observation.
She started her acting career with the Australian TV series ‘Pizza,’ where she performed a supporting character. The series also led to a spin-off movie, where she reprised her character. After performing in several other popular TV shows and movies over the years, she finally became known internationally, particularly after emerging in American movies, such as ‘Bachelorette’ and ‘Pitch Perfect.’ She has also performed a voice performance in the video game ‘Ice Age: Continental Drift.’ Her acting abilities have won her several awards, such as the ‘Teen Choice Award’ and ‘MTV Movie Award.’
Rebel Wilson Wiki/Bio
|Birth Name||Melanie Elizabeth Bownds|
|Nick Name||• Rebel Wilson|
• Lil’ Reb
|Age||(as in 2023) 43 Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Pisces|
|Birth Place||Sydney, New South Wales, Australia|
|Date of Birth||02 March 1980|
• Castle Hill
|Home Town||Sydney, New South Wales, Australia|
|Mother’s Name||Sue Bownds|
|Father’s Name||Not Available|
|Sister||• Liberty Wilson|
• Annachi Wilson
Marital Status, Husband and Children
|School||Tara Anglican School for Girls, North Parramatta|
|College/University||• University of New South Wales to study Law and Arts (Theatre and Performance Studies)|
• Australian Theatre for Young People (ATYP) in Sydney, Australia
|Profession||Actress, comedian, entrepreneur, writer|
|Brands Endorsed||• Former Jenny Craig spokeswoman in Australia|
• Voiced the role of kangaroo in the DISH commercial
|Career Manager||Creative Representation|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 160 cm|
in meters- 1.60 m
in feet inches- 5’3”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 116 kg|
in pounds- 256 lbs
|Breast Size||44 Inches|
|Hips Size||49 Inches|
|Waist Size||43 Inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||White|
|Dress Size||24 (US)|
|Shoe Size||8 (US) or 38.5 (EU) or 5.5 (UK)|
|Favorite Food||Ice Cream couple with honeycomb and cookie dough|
|Favorite School Subject||Mathematics|
Rebel Wilson was born Melanie Elizabeth Bownds in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. Her mother, Sue Bownds, has served as a professional dog handler originally intended to seek a career in mathematics but eventually chose to major in Law and Arts at the University of New South Wales.
At some point, she began going by Rebel, a naming custom that was also followed by at least two of her siblings, a sister who named “Annarchi” and a brother named “Ryot” (Ryot emerged with the third Wilson sister Liberty on the first season of the reality TV show The Amazing Race).
Denzel Washington Bio, Age, Family, Wife, Son, Net Worth, Movies & Wiki
A student at the Australian Theater for Young People, she got their international study scholarship and moved to the US to study with Second City Improv.
In July 2011, Wilson became a spokesperson for weight loss and nutrition company Jenny Craig in Australia. In January 2012, Wilson said that she had lost 10 kilograms (22 lb) since signing up for the program.
Wilson said that the producers of Pitch Perfect had declined to let her lose any more weight during filming, as her contract said she must stay the identical size. She stated that once her film promises were over, she would begin her diet again to reach her target weight of 80 kilograms (180 lb).
In February 2013, she proved that she had finished her agreement with Jenny Craig the past year. Wilson and her Bridesmaids co-star Matt Lucas resided together in West Hollywood, from September 2012 until 2015.
In July 2015, Wilson declared her support for stricter American gun laws following the 2015 Lafayette shooting, saying, I don’t like making political but America you actually have to follow Australia’s example re gun laws. I don’t memorize a mass shooting in Australia since they improved the gun laws.
It looks like every week in America there’s a shooting. I just wish people to be safe, particularly people that are doing one of my favorite things in the world, going out to the movies to hold fun.
Jessica Lange Bio, Age, Children, King Kong, Net Worth, Movies & Wiki
Rebel Wilson Net Worth
Rebel Wilson has a net worth of $25 million.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||$25 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$22 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||Under Review|
|Annual Salary||Under Review|
|Income Source||Actress, comedian, entrepreneur, writer|
In 2014, it was reported that Wilson had paid $3.75 million for a waterfront property in her native Sydney, plus another $900,000 for restorations on the property, defined as a Victorian-style abode dating back to the early 1900s. She reportedly owns at least one investment property, including a luxury two-bedroom home in a transformed mansion in Balmain, a suburb of Sydney.
And she’s also been connected to an almost $3 million loft in the Tribeca area of Manhattan, placed in an exclusive complex with several other celebrities, including Justin Timberlake, Harry Styles, and married couple Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively.
She owns a “traditional masterpiece” in the Cape Cod Colonial architectural style placed somewhere in West Hollywood that coincidentally also costs almost $3 million, and outside in LA, she has a second home purchased in $2.2 million (either for investment purposes or some other reason).
Before her current digs, she lived in a 2,500-square-foot Hollywood Hills property that she spent a reported $2.2 million back in 2014.
Controversy: Defamation Action with Bauer Media
Around the time of Pitch Perfect 2’s release, Wilson located herself in the midst of a media maelstrom over her age. An Australian publication gave information that she was, in fact, a few years older than she declared to be.
Her real birth date was later proved to be March 2, 1980, which meant she was really 35 years old. Wilson took to Twitter to make light of the discussion, writing “I’m really a 100-year-old mermaid previously known as ‘CC Chalice.'”
However, Wilson took the series of articles, which were managed by Bauer Media, seriously, as they alleged she had lied about her age and other biographical data. She accused the media company of defamation, stating it described her as a “serial liar” and consequently stopped her from getting characters in Hollywood.
In 2017, Wilson won her action and was granted $4.5 million in damages, making her case the most successful defamation case in Australia.
However, Bauer Media reviewed, and in June 2018, the appeals court sided with the company, which claimed that Wilson had no proof her fiscal livelihood actually experienced as a result of the articles. The court decreased the benefit of the damage to $600K.
Regardless of the slight turn of affairs, Wilson stated she felt vindicated and thought of giving the money to charity.
Movies And TV Shows
- After finishing her studies at the ‘Australian Theatre for Young People,’ Rebel Wilson went to New York on a scholarship supported by Nicole Kidman. After gaining public recognition for her stage work, she started her career on television by participating in Toula in the Australian TV series ‘Pizza.’ Her first movie ‘Fat Pizza,’ which delivered in 2003, was based on the TV series ‘Pizza.’
- ‘Pizza,’ an Australian TV series that displayed on the ‘SBS’ TV network, was the first project in Wilson’s career. The show, which included themes like ethnicity, stereotypes, s*x, illicit drugs, etc., was broadcasted from 2000 to 2007.
- Wilson entered the show in 2003 and performed the character of Toula, a girl gang-leader, who is obsessed with eating. The show won the ‘Australian Screen Sound Guild’ award in 2004 for ‘Best Achievement in Sound for a Television Program.’ It also received several other award nominations.
- She performed many roles in the Australian TV series ‘The Wedge,’ which ran from 2006 to 2007, including two seasons. Over the next few years, she performed in several other TV shows, such as ‘Bogan Pride’ (2008), ‘Monster House’ (2008), ‘City Homicide’ (2009), and ‘Rules of Engagement’ (2010).
- In 2008, Rebel Wilson emerged in ‘Monster House,’ an Australian comedy series, which was televised on the ‘Nine Network.’ Starring actors, such as Celia Ireland, Travis Cotton, Rebel Wilson, and Jody Kennedy, the series ran for a season which composed of ten episodes.
- In 2012, she performed in films, such as ‘Bachelorette,’ a romantic comedy directed by Leslye Headland, ‘Struck by Lightning,’ a comedy-drama directed by Brian Dannelly, and ‘Pitch Perfect,’ a musical comedy film directed by Jason Moore.
- The same year, she also sounded a character named Raz in the beloved animated adventure movie ‘Ice Age: Continental Drift.’ Wilson reprised her performance as Raz in a video game which was based on the film.
- ‘Pitch Perfect’ was a popular 2012 American musical comedy film where Wilson appeared in a supporting role, performing a role named Patricia. Directed by Jason Moore, the film also starred actors like Anna Kendrick, Skylar Astin, Adam DeVine, and Anna Camp. Loosely adapted from Mickey Rapkin’s non-fiction book of the same name, the film was a huge commercial success. It mostly earned positive reviews. It won numerous awards, including the ‘Teen Choice Award’ and ‘American Music Award.’
- Wilson performed a voice role in the beloved animated adventure film ‘Ice Age: Continental Drift.’ The film, which was the fourth chapter in the ‘Ice Age’ series, was released on 13 July 2012.
She appeared in the 2015 comedy film ‘Pitch Perfect 2,’ which was a sequel to the 2012 film ‘Pitch Perfect.’
- In 2013, she performed in the American comedy show ‘Super Fun Night.’
- She also performed in a supporting role in the black comedy crime film ‘Pain & Gain.’ She hosted the 2013 ‘MTV Movie Awards’ as well.
- In 2015, she performed in ‘Pitch Perfect 2,’ a sequel to the 2012 movie ‘Pitch Perfect.’ Directed and produced by Elizabeth Banks, the film was a huge commercial success.
- Wilson arrived in the 2016 American romantic comedy ‘How to be Single.’ Directed by Christian Ditter, the film was based on American writer Liz Tuccillo’s novel of the identical name. It starred Dakota Johnson, Alison Brie, Nicholas Braun, and Leslie Mann along with Wilson. The movie did well commercially and earned mostly mixed reviews.
- Wilson reprised her character as Fat Amy in the 2017 series, ‘Pitch Perfect 3.’
- She was observed in the movie ‘Grimsby’ which was directed by Louis Leterrier. She was also observed in ‘Absolutely Famous: The Movie,’ directed by Mandie Fletcher.
- Wilson has also appeared in the movie ‘Little Mermaid’ as Ursula the sea witch.
- In 2019, Wilson acted in movies like ‘Isn’t It Romantic,’ which released in February. In May, she starred alongside Anne Hathaway in ‘The Hustle,’ a remake of the 1988 comedy film ‘Dirty Rotten Scoundrels.’
A Few Best Men
Struck by Lightning
What to Expect When You’re Expecting
Ice Age: Continental Drift
|2013||Pain & Gain|
|2014||Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb|
|2015||Pitch Perfect 2|
|2016||How to Be Single|
Absolutely Fabulous: The Movie
|2017||Pitch Perfect 3|
|2019||Isn’t It Romantic|
TV Shows & Serials List
|2007–2009||Thank God You’re Here|
|2009||Talkin’ ‘Bout Your Generation|
The Breast Darn Show in Town
|2010||Rules of Engagement|
|2013||Can of Worms|
2013 MTV Movie Awards
|2013–2014||Super Fun Night|
|2016||The Big Music Quiz|
LOL: Last One Laughing (Australia)
Facts About Rebel Wilson
- She is a far-flung relative of Walt Disney.
- Being a stand-up comedian, her biggest comedic characters are Jennifer Saunders and Tina Fey.
- Rebel’s parents called her after a girl, who sang at their wedding.
- While in high school, she managed to use her middle name, so as to bypass teasing.
- She was outstanding in studies and used to get good grades.
- Rebel was previously a “Rotary International Youth Ambassador” for Australia.
- Wilson resides with her Bridesmaids co-star Matt Lucas in an apartment.
- She has her own clothing range named “Fat Mandi”. It is especially for fat people and serves foods on clothes.
- She wishes to own a theme park. She understands the system to maximize the number of rides, one hits a day.
- Her greatest weakness is sugar. She likes dessert and exercise too.
- She unwinds by taking a bubble bath and listening to rap music.
- She can become a barrister in the future, after enjoying her life as an actress because she has a degree in law.
- As per Variety, she is one of the “Top Ten Comics to Watch in 2011”.
- Rebel Wilson is allergic to dogs.
- She grew up with a house swarming with beagles, though she did not learn she was allergic until well after she moved out.
- Rebel Wilson’s first career choice was mathematics.
- Rebel Wilson is a former Rotary International Youth Ambassador for Australia.
- She was based in South Africa for one year, where she contracted malaria.
- She claims malaria caused illusions where she saw herself as an actress who had won an Oscar, convincing her to try an acting career.
- In 2003 she moved to New York after winning the ATYP International scholarship, which was funded by Nicole Kidman.
I found the movie quite interesting. Natalie (Rebel Wilson) is a New York architect who is hard-working but doesn’t get much recognition in her work. The story overturns when she gets mugged in a subway and gets knocked out. Next thing you know, she is in an alternate universe and becomes a leading lady in a real-life romantic comedy. The movie is fun and Rebel’s jokes are funny.
In my opinion, because it was a bullsh*t ambit. Far from destroying her career, it may be that far more people know about her now than before the case. I had known nothing about her beforehand and may not have been the only person in that group. Perhaps she should be paying Bauer Media for the wonderful publicity.