Raúl de Tomás Gómez (born 17 October 1994) popularly known as Raul de Tomas or RDT is a Spanish professional footballer who plays as a striker for La Liga club Espanyol and the Spain national team. His career began as a youth team player at Real Madrid, making only one substitute appearance. However, he continued to play and score regularly on loans to Córdoba, Valladolid, and Rayo Vallecano of the Segunda División, graduating to La Liga with the last. As of 31 August 2015, De Tomás had been loaned to Córdoba CF for the whole season.
He signed a temporary contract with Real Valladolid a year later. As of 3 July 2019, De Tomás has signed a five-year contract with Portuguese champions S.L. Benfica for €20 million. As of 9 January 2020, De Tomás has returned to his country’s top flight, signing a contract with RCD Espanyol until 2026. The €20 million transfer fee was a record for the club from Barcelona, nearly doubling the €10.5 million they paid for Matias Vargas; Benfica retained 20% of his future transfer fee. De Tomás made his full debut for Spain in 2021.
Raul de Tomas Bio/Wiki
[table id=3928 /]
Raul de Tomas Net Worth
In 2023, what will his salary be?
In Jan 2020 Raul de Tomas the center-back signed a contract with RCD Espanyol Barcelona that ends in 2026 that nets him a whopping salary of £676,000 per year. According to our calculations, he earns £1,852 per day and £177 per hour!
[table id=3929 /]
The Spanish forward came through the Real Madrid academy. A successful spell at Benfica led to his move to Espanyol. Raul de Tomas has a net worth of close to $2 million as of 2023, and his market value is somewhere in the region of $27.50 million.
Raul de Tomas FIFA 22 Potential And Rating
De Tomás is currently 27 years old and plays striker for RCD Espanyol in Spain. In FIFA 22, he has an overall rating of 82, with a potential score of 83. A four-star rating has been given to De Tomas’ skill moves.
[table id=3930 /]
Whenever he shoots, he uses his right foot. He has a high work rate / high work rate. Our database estimates De Tomás’s height to be 180 cm and his weight to be 72 kg. Currently, De Tomás plays with the number 11.
- Born in Madrid to a Dominican mother, De Tomás joined Real Madrid’s youth academy in 2004.
- On 8 April 2012, he played 21 minutes in the C team’s 2–0 win against CF Pozuelo de Alarcón in the Tercera División.
- De Tomás was promoted to the third team by the middle of 2012, now playing in Segunda División B.
- During his first game for the reserves, he came on as a substitute for Juanfran in a 2–1 loss at Villarreal CF on 17 August 2012.
- The following day, De Tomás scored a hat-trick in a 5–2 home win over CD Marino.
- In September 2013, he was definitely promoted to Castilla after representing both affiliates during the season.
- The first of De Tomás’s professional goals came on 4 December 2013 in a 3–2 home win over Girona FC.
- Over the course of the campaign, he contributed six more goals in 27 appearances, despite the B team’s relegation.
- In July 2014, De Tomás was included in the team for his pre-season trip to the U.S.
- On 29 October, he replaced Karim Benzema in a 4–1 victory over UE Cornellà in the round of 32 of the Copa del Rey.
- On 31 August 2015, De Tomás was loaned to Córdoba CF for the remainder of the 2015-2016 season.
- In the second tier, he signed with Real Valladolid in a temporary deal a year later.
- On 1 September 2017, De Tomás was loaned to Rayo Vallecano.
- Vallecas won the league and was promoted back to the top flight with hat-tricks and he was the second-highest scorer with 24 goals.
- In February and April 2018, he was named Segunda División Player of the Month for his record haul.
- De Tomás signed a new Real Madrid contract until 2023 on 17 June 2018.
- Afterward, he was loaned to Rayo Vallecano for another season.
- On 22 September, he scored his first goal in the Spanish top tier in a 5–1 loss to Deportivo Alavés at home.
- A hat-trick from him helped the hosts defeat, RC Celta de Vigo, 4-2 the following 11 January at the Campo de Futbol de Vallecas.
- In July 2019, De Tomás signed a five-year contract with Portuguese champions Benfica for €20 million.
- It was his first start for the club in the 5–0 rout of crosstown rivals Sporting CP in the Supertaça Cândido de Oliveira on 4 August.
- For that match, UEFA ordered his shirt to say his legal surname instead of his initials, while he usually wore his initials for competitive matches.
- From 17 appearances at the Estádio da Luz, De Tomás scored just three goals.
- As of 9 January 2020, De Tomás has returned to Spain’s top flight, signing with RCD Espanyol until 2026.
- It was nearly double the €10.5 million they paid for Matías Vargas; Benfica retained 20% of his future transfer fee.
- Having joined just three days earlier, he made his debut in the national cup three days later.
- He came on for Jonathan Calleri in the 61st minute and secured a 2–0 victory.
- His first league goal came in a 2–1 victory against Villarreal CF on 19 January.
- After scoring in each of his first five games, Espanyol was obligated to pay Benfica an additional €500,000.
- One year after relegation, De Tomás was the league’s top scorer with 23 goals as the team won the title and returned to the top division.
- As his team won all four matches in December, he was voted Player of the Month.
- His five consecutive goals began on 3 October 2021 when he netted in a 2–1 home win over Real Madrid.
- However, he was sent off in the fourth for aggressive behavior towards Athletic Bilbao’s Yeray Alvarez.
- The second series of goals over five games included a red card in a 4–1 loss to Real Betis at the RCDE Stadium on 21 January and an equalizer in a 2–2 draw with FC Barcelona in the Derbi Barcelona on 13 February.
- With 17 goals in 34 appearances, he ranked joint-second in league scoring behind Karim Benzema and level with Vincius Junior and Iago Aspas; both shared the Zarra Trophy for the best domestic scorer.
As a result of Ansu Fati’s injury, De Tomás was called up to the senior Spain national team, in advance of 2022 FIFA World Cup qualifiers against Greece and Sweden. Against the former, he started in a 1–0 win in Athens.
Facts About Raul de Tomas
- The RCD Espanyol striker helped the Pericos return to LaLiga Santander by playing a pivotal role for Vicente Moreno’s team.
- The life of Raul de Tomas changed entirely when the Real Madrid youth academy decided to sign him.
- As the academy’s director at the time, Michel made the decision to bring the forward to La Fabrica.
- De Tomas’ family lives and breathes football, with other relatives also involved in the sport.
- Ruben de Tomas is currently in the Rayo Vallecano B team, while his father played for many teams throughout the 1980s and 1990s.
- He even played with his grandfather and uncles.
- His nickname is RDT.
- It doesn’t have anything to do with the way he looks or plays, unlike most nicknames in football.
- In fact, it comes from the initials of his name Raul de Tomas.
- His 23 goals in the 2020/21 season made him the top scorer in the division and were crucial to RCD Espanyol’s LaLiga SmartBank title.
- On an individual level, this was the striker’s best season in terms of goals. Throughout his career, he has scored 92 league goals, 18 in LaLiga Santander and the rest in Spain’s second tier.
- The Real Madrid academy compared him to Cristiano Ronaldo because of their similar physical builds, the fact that both players scored many goals, and the fact that both led their teams’ attacks.
- Apart from football, De Tomás enjoys horseback riding and boxing.
Who does Raul de Tomas play for?
- RCD Espanyol de Barcelona
- Spain national football team
Who is RDT in soccer?
Raul de Tomas
Who is RDT in FIFA 22?
Raúl De Tomás Gómez Rating is 82. His potential is 83 and his position is ST. He is 26 years old from Spain and playing for RCD Espanyol in the Spain Primera División (1).
How old is Raul de Thomas?
Raul de Tomas’s biography teaches us that we need to mentally prepare for life’s challenges. Moreover, it is normal for aspiring footballers to encounter roadblocks on the way to becoming professionals. Raul de Tomas’s parents prepared him for life by being doggedly persistent.
In the story, the Spanish Forward was able to overcome many rejections by strengthening his character and lowering his expectations.
During the process of writing Raul de Tomas’s bio, we discovered something about him – one of his most prominent characteristics. It is nothing other than his forgiving spirit. Despite coming from a humble family, the footballer has shown us that he has a great attitude.
Here Is An Appreciation Note For Your Consideration
Thank you for reading this engaging article about the life journey of the Spanish footballer. Hopefully, Raul de Tomas’s childhood story has made you believe that patience and persistence can overcome anything.
At WoodGram, we strive for fairness and accuracy in our biographies. Feel free to contact us or leave a comment below if you found anything fishy in this article on Raul de Tomas.