Footballer Kevin De Bruyne represents the Belgian national team, as well as the English Premier League team Manchester City. In 2017, he was named the world’s fourth-best footballer by the newspaper ‘The Guardian’ as well as the ‘best European footballer’ by the media. Originally from Ghent, Belgium, he first played amateur football for the team ‘Genk,’ which won the 2010-11 ‘Belgian Pro League.’ His performances caught the attention of Premier League teams, and he joined ‘Chelsea’ in 2012.
After signing with the German club Wolfsburg, he earned the honor of ‘2015’s Footballer of the Year’ in Germany. It was a well-deserved honor after he had an extremely successful season with Wolfsburg, scoring 16 goals and providing 27 assists. Manchester City announced in August 2015 that he would join the team on a six-year contract. During the 2014 FIFA World Cup and UEFA Euro 2016, Kevin played for the Belgian national team.
Kevin De Bruyne Wiki/Bio
Birth Name Kevin De Bruyne Nick Name • The Ginger Pele
• The Prince
• Tumble Dryer
Age 32 (as in 2023) Years Religion Christianity Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign Cancer Birth Place Drongen, Ghent, Belgium Date of Birth 28 June 1991 Nationality Belgian Residence Drongen Home Town Drongen, Ghent, Belgium Food Habit Non-Vegetarian Hobbies Hiking, Wildlife Watching
Mother's Name Anne de Bruyne Father's Name Herwig de Bruyne Brothers None Sisters Stefanie De Bruyne
Affairs/Girlfriends Caroline Lijnen (2010-2013)
Marital Status, Wife and Children
Wife/Spouse Michele Lacroix Marriage Date June 2017 Children Daughters-Suri De Bruyne
Sons-• Mason Milian De Bruyne
• Rome De Bruyne
School Not Available College/University Not Available Educational Qualification Not Available Profession Professional Footballer Brands Endorsed • Nike
• EA Sports
Career Manager Kevin De Bruyne is represented by Patrick De Koster.
Club Debut On 9 May 2009 for Genk against Charleroi International Debut On 11 August 2010 for Belgium against Finland in Turku Current Team(s) • Belgium national football team
• Manchester city F.C.
Jersey Number • 7 KRC Genk, Belgium National Team
• 14 KRC Genk, VfL Wolfsburg, Belgium National Team
• 17 Manchester City
• 15 Chelsea FC
• 6 Werder Bremen
Position Midfielder Coach/Mentor • Pep Guardiola
• Roberto Martínez
Awards, Honors and Achievements (main ones) • Bundesliga Young Player of the Year: 2012–13
• Bundesliga Player of the Year: 2014–15
• Footballer of the Year in Germany: 2015
• Belgian Sportsman of the Year: 2015
• Manchester City Player of the Year: 2015–16, 2017–18
• Premier League Playmaker of the Season: 2017–18
Career Turning Point Season 2014-2015 Strengths • Dribbling
• Passing range
• Technical ability
• Long range shots
• Reading of the game
Weaknesses He doesn’t have any apparent weaknesses in his game.
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
Height (Approx.) in centimeters- 181 cm
in meters- 1.81 m
in feet inches- 5’ 11”
Weight (Approx.) in kilograms- 70 kg
in pounds- 150 lbs
Chest Size 40 inches Biceps Size 13.5 inches Waist Size 30 inches
Extra Ordinary Features
Race / Ethnicity White, he has Belgian ancestry. Hair Color Light Golden Brown Eye Color Blue S*xual Orientation Straight Dress Size Not Available Shoe Size 9.5 US
Favourite Playing Position Midfielder Favourite Football Players Michael Owen, Zinedine Zidane, Ronaldinho Favourite Music R&B Favourite Food Curry Favourite Video Game NBA Controversies None
Kevin De Bruyne was born on June 28, 1991 in Drongen, Ghent, Belgium, to Herwig and Anna. Kevin spent the first few years of his life traveling through England and Africa because of his mother’s background. Due to his father’s involvement in the oil investment business, his family was almost always on the move for business purposes.
Kevin’s first football experience occurred while he was four years old and living in his hometown of Drongen. At school, he began to play football. When Kevin was growing up, one of the biggest motivating factors was the poor state of Belgian football.
Kevin left his home at the age of 14, due to a lack of infrastructure that could support his ambitions to become a world-class footballer. In the youth system of Genk, he joined the academy and began developing his skills. His early years at the academy started gaining media attention and he was already gaining prominence in his teenage years.
Roberto Firmino Bio, Age, Height, Wife, Father, Net Worth & Wiki
He managed to survive despite the fact that his family didn’t have a shortage of money because he made a small amount of money from the club. This was the moment when he became independent. In addition to visiting his family only on weekends, he dedicated himself entirely to football.
De Bruyne has been in a relationship with Lacroix since 2014, and the couple gave birth to a son in 2016. In June 2017, the couple got married after the birth of their first child.
Kevin is known for having a short temper both on and off the field. Kevin’s then-girlfriend Caroline Lijnen was reportedly cheating on him with Thibaut Courtois in 2013, according to the Daily Mail. In one of their practice sessions, Kevin attacked Courtois violently, but they both later reconciled.
Kevin De Bruyne Net Worth
The estimated net worth of Kevin De Bruyne is $65 million.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||$65 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$60 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||$58 million|
|Annual Salary||$20 Million|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
|Cars Collection||• Range Rover|
• Mercedes G-Class G63 AMG
Numerous endorsement deals have been signed with brands such as Nike, EA Sports, and Orange. De Bruyne’s salary is reported to be $20M per year with bonuses.
- His hard work paid off in 2008 when he was chosen for the first-team squad in Genk and made his debut in May 2009.
- It took him until the next year for him to be able to make a name for himself. The 2010-11 season turned out to be a lucky one for Genk as they won the Belgian Championship. Kevin scored five goals and 16 assists during his 32 games in the league.
- Kevin scored his first hat-trick for Genk in a match-winning performance against Club Brugge in October 2011. At the end of the league season, he scored eight goals in 28 games.
- In July 2012, the English club Chelsea brought Kevin into their team. He made his debut for them in February 2012.
- Chelsea announced Kevin’s temporary transfer to Werder Bremen ahead of the 2012 Bundesliga season in August 2012.
- Kevin returned to the official Chelsea line-up in July 2013 after a successful loan spell in the Bundesliga.
- Just before the 2013-14 season, Kevin injured his knee while scoring a goal against Malaysia. In spite of this, he was a match fit before he made his premier league debut against Hull City. In the game that Chelsea won, Kevin assisted on the first goal scored by his team.
- Following his subpar performance for Chelsea, he was released by the team in January 2014 and signed with Wolfsburg. It was an excellent performance in the 2014-15 Europa League that caught everyone’s attention. He scored two goals against Krasnodar in the third group stage match, and he scored another goal against Bayern Munich to secure a win for his team.
- By the end of the season, Kevin had 10 goals and 21 assists in the league and helped his team win the first runner-up prize. As a result, they qualified fairly easily for the 2014-15 UEFA Champions League. He won the Footballer of the Year award in Germany after finishing his debut season with 16 goals. It was a record-setting season for him, as he recorded 21 assists.
- It was reported in early 2015 that English club Manchester City had been closely following Kevin and had approached him twice before he finally accepted their offer in August 2015.
- A few days ago, Manchester City made the announcement that Kevin had signed a six-year contract with them. He is the second most expensive player to be purchased by an English club, having cost 55 million pounds.
- The rumor was that he was considering receiving the Ballon D’or award in October 2015 after scoring in almost all of his first few games for MC. In the finals of the Football League Club, he played a major role in getting his team there. He had to take a two-month break from the field due to an unfortunate injury suffered in the semifinals.
- A few weeks before the UEFA Champions League, he returned and went on to score goals to help his team reach the semi-finals. In their first Champions League run, Manchester City reached this stage. Nevertheless, his team’s aspirations to win the league remained unfulfilled.
- In September 2016, he was named ‘Man of the Match’ twice, and he had a fairly good season.
- As part of the signing of a new contract, Manchester City announced in January 2018 that they will keep him until 2023.
- As the Premier League Goal of the Month for November 2019, De Bruyne’s strike in a 2–2 draw against Newcastle was voted as De Bruyne’s best half-volley.
- A brace he scored in a 3–0 win against Arsenal in the Premier League in December 2019 helped him to the victory. De Bruyne scored City’s 50th goal in all competitions in their 2–1 victory over Real Madrid in the Round of 16 of the Champions League on 26 February 2020.
- City’s first game of the season was a 3–1 win away to Wolverhampton Wanderers in September 2020, in which he scored and assisted.
- De Bruyne’s free-kick allowed City to win 1–0 against Tottenham Hotspur in the EFL Cup Final at Wembley Stadium in April 2021 thanks to Aymeric Laporte’s goal. In the semi-finals of the Champions League, he scored in a 2–1 away win over Paris Saint-Germain.
- As a result of a collision with Antonio Rüdiger during the second half of the Champions League Final, De Bruyne suffered a head injury and was replaced by Gabriel Jesus; however, his team lost 1–0 to his former club Chelsea. The medical scans after the game revealed that De Bruyne had suffered acute rib and orbital fractures, which means he is unable to participate in the rescheduled UEFA Euro 2020 tournament. He was named Player of the Year by the PFA at the end of the season.
- In regards to Kevin’s international career, it was rumored that he will play in the English team due to the fact that his mother is English. He made his international debut for Belgium against Finland in a friendly match in 2010. It is clear that he has already played for many countries at the underage level for his country before moving up to the senior team.
- In May 2014, he was announced as one of the very first players chosen to play at the 2014 FIFA World Cup; he was named ‘Man of the Match’ in the very first match against Algeria. A member of the Euro 2016 squad, he also plays for the national team. During the early stages of the competition, his national team underperformed and was eliminated.
- Belgian footballer Kevin de Bruyne was named to the 23-man final World Cup squad. Romelu Lukaku scored a 3 goal victory for Belgium in June 2018, when De Bruyne assisted him in the team’s opening match against Panama.
- He scored the second goal of the match in a 2–1 quarter-final victory over Brazil in July 2018 and was named the man of the match. Belgium was defeated 1–0 in the semifinals by eventual champion France. A play-off for third place was won by Belgium, 2–0, on 14 July.
- Belgium’s 2–1 win over Denmark in their second UEFA Euro 2020 match in June 2021 was De Bruyne’s first and winning goal of the tournament. A tackle from behind by Portugal’s Joao Palhinha caused an ankle injury to De Bruyne during the round of 16 clashes with them.
Romelu Lukaku Bio, Age, Height, Parents, Religion, Net Worth & Wiki
Facts About Kevin De Bruyne
- Does Kevin De Bruyne smoke?: Not Known
- Does Kevin De Bruyne drink alcohol?: Not Known
- His parents were involved in oil investments, so he spent his early childhood traveling through England and Africa.
- At the age of four, he began playing football in Drongen, Belgium.
- He was a Liverpool fan when he was a child. His bedroom was filled with Liverpool memorabilia.
- In his garden, he used to play a lot and would often destroy the plants. As a result, he was only allowed to play in the garden with his weaker foot. In the end, it was an advantage, for he turned his weaker left foot into a deadly weapon.
- Suddenly, at the age of 11, he told his mother, “I want to study Latin for two years, then go to Topsport School, and when I’m 18, I’ll concentrate on football.” It was a plan he stuck to.
- He left his home at the age of 14 for Genk’s Academy. He began gaining media attention when he was in the youth system, and he became a star by his teen years.
- In the 2010-2011 season, he scored 5 goals and 16 assists in 32 games for the club as they won the Belgian Championship.
- His country selected him to represent it in 2010.
- A 5 1/2 year contract was signed by Chelsea on 31 January 2012; however, he would remain with Genk until the end of that season and go to Chelsea before the 2012-2013 season. Against Seattle Sounders FC in a friendly on 18 July 2012, he made his club debut.
- Chelsea loaned him to Werder Bremen for the 2012-2013 season on 2 August 2012.
- He returned to Chelsea in 2013-2014 after playing a successful season in Germany.
- Kevin and Caroline Lijnen, with whom he had been dating for three years, broke up in 2013. His Belgian teammate and close friend, Thibaut Courtois, caught her cheating with him. A practice session ended with a violent attack on Courtois, who later apologized.
- He wasn’t getting starts consistently, and he was feeling unsettled after the incident with Thibaut. On 18 January 2014, he left the club and joined Wolfsburg.
- He published his autobiography with Borgerhoff & Lamberigts in October 2014.
- During the 2014 FIFA World Cup, he was a member of the Belgian team.
- De Bruyne didn’t purchase his first car until 2015. He bought his first car, a Mercedes, in anticipation of the birth of his son. In the past, he had relied on club vehicles to travel.
- In 2014, he began dating Michele Lacroix, with whom he gave birth to Mason Milian De Bruyne on 10 March 2016.
- His move to Manchester City on 30 August 2015 was reported to have been a club record at £55 million ($73 Million).
- During UEFA Euro 2016, he played regularly for Belgium.
- Michele Lacroix, his girlfriend, married him in June 2017.
- In 2018, he was selected for the Belgian World Cup squad.
- There is a pop-up clothing line called KDB that he has created. Special Olympics receives part of the proceeds from his business. Having been a Special Olympics ambassador since 2014, he became a spokesperson for the organization.
- When Kevin was a child, he traveled extensively, and his love of learning new languages led him to become fluent in French, Dutch, English, and German.
English, French, Dutch, German
Herwig De Bruyne
Originally from a minority White Caucasian group within Belgium’s white ethnicity, he was raised as an English speaker. The child was born to become great, destined for greatness from the moment of his birth.
De Bruyne suffered ankle ligament damage during Belgium’s last-16 win over Portugal at Euro 2020 yet played again days later in the quarter-final defeat to Italy, describing it afterward as a “miracle” that he had been able to play.
He wanted to leave, he wanted to go to Germany, where he had previously been on loan, and he decided to go. That worked for him very well because he put so much pressure on it. The story is there, and the player deserves to be in the top five in the world.