Ranbir Kapoor is a well-known Indian Bollywood actor and producer. Ranbir Kapoor is one of the most talented and good actor in the Bollywood film industry. He is the highest-paid actor on Forbes India’s Celebrity 100 list since 2012. Ranbir Kapoor has received several awards, including six Filmfare. Other than acting, he is also known for his business skills and his contributions to charitable activities and causes.
Ranbir Kapoor was born with a silver spoon in mouth, to great and very famous actor Rishi Kapoor and very talented actress Neetu Singh on 28 September 1982 in Mumbai, Maharashtra. His grandfather Raj Kapoor was a famous hero as well as an eminent producer and director of Indian Cinema. Famous stars Randhir Kapoor and Babita Shivdasani are his paternal uncle and aunt. Actresses Kareena Kapoor and Karisma Kapoor are his cousins. He has also one sister Riddhima Kapoor.
Ranbir Kapoor is still unmarried, According to some reports, he had affair with a fashion designer Nandita Mahtani. Then he was in a relationship with actress Deepika Padukone from 2008 to 2009. In 2009, he started dating actress Katrina Kaif, and the two were in a relationship for more than six years. In 2018, he started dating actress Alia Bhatt, his co-star from the movie ‘Brahmastra.’
Ranbir Kapoor Wiki/Bio[table id=2061 /]
Ranbir Kapoor did his schooling from the Bombay Scottish School, Mumbai. In his school days, he was a very good football player and also played at a district level. At present, he is a co-owner of the Mumbai City FC, an Indian Super League football team. Ranbir completed his graduation from the RR. College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai. Then, he moved to the US to do a course on filmmaking at the School of Visual Arts in New York. After this, he learned the art of acting from the Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute, New York.
Before starting a career in acting, Ranbir assisted Rishi Kapoor and Sanjay Leela Bhansali in the movies- ‘Aa Ab Laut Chalen’ and ‘Black.’ Two years after the release of ‘Black,’ Ranbir Kapoor appeared as the protagonist in Bhansali’s romantic tragedy film ‘Saawariya’ in 2007. Though the film wasn’t a commercial success, it won Kapoor the Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut. In the film, he played the role of Raj who falls in love with a woman who awaits the return of her lover.
Ranbir Kapoor Net Worth
Ranbir Kapoor makes his money via brand endorsements and also movies. He charges INR 5 crores for the ads and endorsements. According to Woodgram, Ranbir’s net worth is INR 345 crores. He also owns several properties. Being a car lover, the actor owns Rolls Royce, Lexus, BMW X6, Mercedes-Benz GL Class, Range Rover, AudiRS7, and a Toyota land Cruiser.[table id=2062 /]
In 2007, Ranbir then played the main role in Bachna Ae Haseeno, a romantic drama directed by Siddharth Anand. The film, in which Kapoor played a womanizer, turned out to be a commercial success. In 2009, he played the lead role in ‘Wake up Sid!,’ a romantic comedy-drama directed by Ayan Mukerji. In the film, he portrayed the role of a spoiled rich kid who undergoes personality changes after he starts living with ‘Ayesha,’ an aspiring writer and journalist. Though the film depicted a romantic relationship between a younger man and an older woman, which is quite unusual in Bollywood, the film eventually became a hit.
The same year, he played the lead role in ‘Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani,’ which eventually became the fourth highest-grossing film of the year. He also appeared in another movie titled ‘Rocket Singh: Salesman of the Year’ where he portrayed an aspiring salesman. After appearing in several movies, such as ‘Raajneeti’ (2010) and ‘Rockstar’ (2011), he played the lead role in ‘Barfi’ (2012), which became one of the highest-grossing films of the year. The story revolved around a mute and deaf Nepali boy from Darjeeling and his relationships with two women. The film became India’s official entry for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film. However, it failed to earn a nomination.
His role in the 2013 romantic drama ‘Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani’ was also appreciated. Directed by Ayan Mukerji, the film was a huge commercial success, becoming one of the highest-grossing Indian films of the year. The film earned a Filmfare Award nomination for Best Actor.
Ranbir Kapoor was seen in other movies, such as ‘Roy’ (2015), ‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’ (2016), and ‘Jagga Jasoos’ (2017). In 2018, he portrayed the famed Indian actor Sanjay Dutt in the biographical drama ‘Sanju’. Directed by Rajkumar Hirani, it became the highest-grossing movie of the year and earned Kapoor critical appreciation. It also earned him a Filmfare Award for Best Actor. In 2018, he was cast to play a dual role as ‘Shamshera’ and his father in Karan Malhotra’s action-adventure film ‘Shamshera.’ He was also cast to play ‘Shiva’ in Ayan Mukerji’s superhero film ‘Brahmāstra.’[table id=2063 /]
Facts About Ranbir Kapoor
- Does Ranbir Kapoor drink alcohol?: Yes
- Does he smoke?: Yes
- His great-grandfather Prithviraj Kapoor was a cousin of Surinder Kapoor (Anil Kapoor‘s father).
- In class 7, he had his first girlfriend.
- Ranbir was very much naughty in his childhood, as he used to break toys to explore what’s inside them. Even, he once pushed the Fire Alarm in New York to check by which time the guards appear.
- Ranbir was the first from his Kapoor group to pass Class 10 and finish College.
- During the 9/11 attack in New York in 2001, he was on the street near the World Trade Center.
- In his teens, he had a huge crush on Imran Khan‘s wife, Avantika Malik.
- During the shoot of his debut film Saawariya, around 100 people saw him naked in his towel dance song, which was Jab Se Tere Naina.
- His mother is a health freak and takes care of Ranbir’s health by giving him healthy vegetable juices every morning.
- With his first earnings, he bought a Hublot watch.
- Ranbir has an inch long cut on his right cheek, as he was rushing to the bathroom in his childhood days and fell down on the pot.
- He took two years of training for Tabla and also learned to play the guitar for his movie Rockstar.
- Besides acting, he is a trained Jazz and Ballet dancer. He has also undergone horse riding classes.
- During his shoot for Wake-Up Sid, he tried around 65-70 boxers for the introducing shot, and all the boxers he has worn in the film were his personal boxers.
- Ranbir was the first choice for the role of Bittoo Sharma in the movie Band Baja Baarat, but he wasn’t able to get that. Later, he regretted not being the part of the film at Koffee With Karan.
- It was revealed in some TV show that whenever Ranbir wants to look healthy for some award show or a ramp walk, he wears two to three T-Shirts under his attire and even sometimes wears a double number of jeans.
- He was approached for the second lead in Star Wars, but he refused.
- Apart from earning a handsome amount of money from his films, he still takes his pocket money of ₹1500/week from his mother.
- In an interview with Arnab Goswami, he told that his biggest inspiration is his grandfather, not his father, although he is a big fan of his father’s work and has watched all of his movies.
- Ranbir suffers from Nasal Deviated Septum due to which he speaks and eats really fast.
- He has often tried to quit smoking, but he couldn’t. He admitted in an interview that he lacks the willpower to quit smoking.
- For his song “Naadan Parinde” in the film- Rockstar in 2011, he tried nearly 2 dozen wigs.
- He is very much Brand conscious and prefers wearing Prada slippers at home.
- Ranbir is a coffee buff and drinks 2 cups of Espresso after waking up. Moreover, he carries his Espresso machine with him on his shoots.
- On his 30th birthday, Sanjay Dutt gifted him a red Harley Davidson motorcycle.
- Ranbir is addicted to Candy Crush that whenever he finds some leisure time, he loves playing it.
- He has a habit of adding up the digits on the number plate of every vehicle that he sees on the road, while he is driving.
- He has not seen any of his mother’s movies because he told that he feels shy about watching it, as he avoids if someone would comment on his mother’s work.
- Film ‘Sanju’ became Ranbir’s first film to reach the ₹200 crore mark.
Obviously Yes, There is no doubt that he is the Best Actor of his generation. There is No Actor is like Ranbir Kapoor be it Shahrukh, Salman, Akshay, Ajay Can match Ranbir Acting and expression in Channa Mereya song, he has nailed it. And He has proved his acting skills in movies like Saawariya, Barfi, Rockstar, Yeh Jawani Hain Deewani, Rajneeti, Aeh Dil Hain Mushkil, Ajab Prem ki Gajab Kahani, etc.
Relationships. His personal life has always been under media glares. During his teen years, the actor dated Avantika Malik (now married to actor Imran Khan) for five long years. He dated Deepika Padukone from 2007–09 and the relationship was much publicized. Choice of films, He declined Band Baaja Baaraat with one film old Anushka Sharma to do Anjaana Anjaani with Priyanka Chopra who was a top actress. Anjaana Anjaani flopped and did nothing for his career while newcomer Ranveer Singh soared high and higher.
Although Ranbir Kapoor was already in a relationship with Deepika Padukone, he secretly dated Katrina Kaif with whom he got close on the sets of ‘Ajab Prem Ki Gajab Kahaani’. Also, Deepika was more serious about this relationship but Ranbir Kapoor was more casual and he was not looking forward to marriage with Deepika. While Kapoor and Padukone were dating, he admitted that they would be the least to marry during an interview with Karan Johar in 2010. The film director asked some rapid-fire questions to the cast of ‘Wake Up Sid’.
If you want to watch the real acting of Ranbir Kapoor then do watch Rocket Singh: Salesman of the year. That movie didn’t earn many accolades but the plot of the movie was totally defined by Ranbir Kapoor. The choice of the star cast and the action according to the situation was amusing.