Quentin Tarantino is an actor, writer, producer, and filmmaker from the United States. The films of Quentin Tarantino are known for their stylized violence, razor-sharp language, and obsession with movie and pop culture. Tarantino’s movies have a cult-like following along with critical & economic successes.
Quentin Tarantino has won two Oscar Awards, four Golden Globe Awards, two BAFTA Awards, and Palme d’Or, as well as being shortlisted for an Emmy as well as five Grammy Awards. He was named one of the world’s most influential people in 2005 in the yearly Time 100 list.
- Bruce Willis Bio, Age, Wife, Children, Net Worth, Movies, TV Shows & Wiki
- Terry Bradshaw Biography, Age, Children, Wife, Net Worth & Wiki
Quentin Tarantino Bio/Wiki
|Birth Name||Quentin Jerome Tarantino|
|Age||59 years (as in 2022)|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Aries|
|Birth Place||Knoxville, Tennessee, U.S.|
|Date of Birth||March 27, 1963|
New York City
|Home Town||Knoxville, Tennessee|
|Hobbies||Playing board games|
|Mother's Name||Connie Zastoupil|
|Father's Name||Tony Tarantino|
|Brother||Edward James Tarantino|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Wife/Spouse||Daniella Tarantino (2018-present)|
|Marriage Date||November 28, 2018|
|School||Narbonne High School in Harbor City, Los Angeles|
|Educational Qualification||High School Drop out|
|Career Manager||William Morris Agency|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters – 185 cm|
in meters – 1.85 m
in Feet Inches – 6"1'
|Weight (Approx.)||in Kilograms – 90 kg|
in Pounds – 198.5 lbs
|Chest Size||Not known|
|Biceps Size||Not Known|
|Waist Size||Not Known|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Cherokee|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Dress Size||Not Known|
|Shoe Size||10 (US)|
|Favourite Food||Strudel With Cream|
|Favourite Book||9/30/55 by John Minahan|
|Favourite Movies||Battle Royal |
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
|Favourite Director||Sergio Leone|
Quentin Tarantino was born in Knoxville, Tennessee, on 27 March 1963 to Connie McHugh and Tony Tarantino, an ambitious actor who left home before his child was born. His dad has an Italian origin, while his mom has English, Cherokee, Irish, and German heritage. He was reportedly named after Quint Asper, a character was played by Burt Reynolds in the CBS show Gunsmoke.
Tarantino’s mom met his dad during a vacation in Los Angeles. When his mother met her father Tony, he was a law student. They fell in love and got married. But they divorced shortly afterward. After the divorce, Tarantino’s mom shifted to Knoxville. Tarantino and his mother moved back to Los Angeles in 1966.
Shortly after getting in Los Angeles, Tarantino’s mom married singer Curtis Zastoupil, as well as the family relocated to Torrance, a town in Los Angeles’s South Bay region. Tarantino’s passion for movies was supported by Zastoupil, who took him to countless cinema screenings.
Tarantino was taken to Tennessee to stay with his grandparents when his parents separated from Zastoupil in 1973 and then was misdiagnosed with Hodgkin cancer. He only stayed for about a year before going to California.
Tarantino authored one of his early works, the Anchovy Bandit and Captain Peachfuzz when he was 14 years old. Tarantino left Narbonne High School in Los Angeles when he was 15 years old. Tarantino worked in a variety of occupations during the 1980s.
Quentin was employed for five years in Video Archives, a video rental store near Manhattan Beach, California as well as an employee recruiter in the aerospace business.
Tarantino’s debut Hollywood employment was as a production assistant for Dolph Lundgren’s fitness video, Maximum Potential, in 1986, alongside Roger Avary.
- Denzel Washington Bio, Age, Family, Wife, Son, Net Worth, Movies & Wiki
- John Stamos Biography, Age, Height, Wife, Children, Net Worth & Wiki
Quentin Tarantino Net Worth
Tarantino has a net worth of approximately $120 million.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$120 million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||$120 million|
|Annual Salary||Not Known|
On average, Quentin receives $20 million in advance for his directing, producing, and writing assignments. In some cases, he can earn up to $30-40 million per movie from the back-end profits of his films.
Aside from his Hollywood Hills home, Tarantino owns a luxury condo in New York City.
- At a gathering, Quentin Tarantino befriended Lawrence Bender. He was inspired by Bender to create his first screenplay, which he completed and entitled My Best Friend’s Birthday. Unfortunately, the film’s reels were damaged beyond repair in fire, and the script would later be used to create True Romance.
- In 1992, Tarantino made his directorial debut with the crime film Reservoir Dogs. The movie was an instant smash, and it was shown at the Sundance Film Festival the following year.
- Tarantino wrote the script for the American romantic crime film True Romance, which was released in 1993. He developed the script for Natural Born Killers the following year.
- By this time, Quentin Tarantino had become so well-known in Hollywood that he was being sought by several screenwriters for projects such as Speed’ & Men in Black. However, he turned down the scripts, relocated to Amsterdam, and started working on his next major project, Pulp Fiction.
- A non-linear storyline and ingenious direction were the two things that awarded Pulp Fiction numerous awards when it was released in 1994. The movie was such a hit that Tarantino was nominated for Best Director at the Academy Awards.
- In 1996, Tarantino co-wrote and starred in Robert Rodriguez’s movie, From Dusk Till Dawn. The following year he directed a Blaxploitation film, Jackie Brown, based on Rum Punch.
- Tarantino’s first film in the new millennium, Kill Bill: Vol. 1 with Uma Thurman, was a dazzling hit. Following the film’s success, a sequel, Kill Bill: Vol.2, was released the following year.
- At the 2004 Cannes Film Festival, he was made President of the Jury. The following year, Tarantino worked with Robert Rodriguez once more on the neo-noir film, Sin City. Aside from that, he produced the horror film Hostel that year.
- In 2007, Quentin Tarantino collaborated once again with Robert Rodriguez for the movie Grindhouse, which did not do well with audiences. The following year, he produced the subsequent installment of the Hostel movie series, Hostel: Part II.
- Among Tarantino’s highest-grossing films was Inglourious Basterds, which he wrote and directed in 2009. In 2012, Tarantino directed another spaghetti western film – Django Unchained that earned him another Academy Award.
- Tarantino’s most recent films are The Hateful Eight & Once Upon a Time in Hollywood released in 2015 & 2019 respectively.
Quentin Tarantino Movies
|Kill Bill: Volume 1||2003|
|Kill Bill: Volume 2||2004|
|The Hateful Eight||2015|
|Once Upon a Time in Hollywood||2019|
- Tarantino has Irish, Cherokee, and Italian ancestry.
- When he was young, he supervised people’s video choices in a video store and then learned what to direct.
- After Samuel L. Jackson’s audition for Reservoir Dogs, Quentin wrote a part for him in Pulp Fiction’s script.
- Often, Tarantino leaves the part of his movies unseen so that the audience can put their own interpretation on it.
- The Golden Girls featured Tarantino as an Elvis impersonator.
- In between writing the scripts for Jackie Brown & Kill Bill, Quentin Tarantino wrote the script for Inglorious Basterds.
- The plots of Quentin Tarantino’s movies often draw on his hatred for racism and slavery.
- IQ reports indicate that Tarantino has a score of 160.
- Quentin Tarantino once spent time in jail for outstanding tickets when he was short of cash.
- The director has won two Academy Awards. The two Oscars he won were for Best Original Screenplay.
- After 60 years of making films, Quentin Tarantino hopes to devote his time to writing books and literature.
What is special about Quentin Tarantino?
Quentin’s signature aesthetic of violence and unusual crime films has made him known.
What is Quentin Tarantino’s most popular movie?
When is Quentin Tarantino retiring?
Following the completion of his tenth film, Tarantino intends to retire.
What was Tarantino’s last film?
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.
Does Quentin Tarantino have a son?
Yes, Tarantino shares a son named Leo with his wife.
How much is Quentin Tarantino worth?