Paul Rudd is an American actor who became a teen impression after his breakthrough performance in the comedy film ‘Clueless.’ He soon managed his way up, receive more roles, and become a star in a number of hit films. Some of his renowned films include ‘Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy,’ ‘The 40-Year-Old Virgin,’ ‘The Perks of Being a Wallflower,’ ‘Our Idiot Brother,’ ‘Dinner for Schmucks,’ ‘I Love You, Man,’ ‘Forgetting Sarah Marshall,’ and ‘Knocked Up.’ He became famous after performing the character of Scott Lang/Ant-man in the movie ‘Ant-Man.’ He went on to reprise the portrayal as Ant-man in ‘Captain America: Civil War,’ ‘Ant-Man and the Wasp,’ and ‘Avengers: Endgame.’
He has also performed in great television shows and series, including ‘Saturday Night Live,’ ‘The Simpsons,’ ‘Parks and Recreation,’ ‘Robot Chicken,’ and the famous sitcom ‘Friends.’ Born in New Jersey, Rudd went to the ‘University of Kansas’ to study drama and later showed up in the ‘British American Drama Academy.’ He has settled himself as one of the beloved actors in Hollywood. He also performed and starred in theater productions before operating in the film industry. Also, he is a screenwriter and successful producer.
|Birth Name||Paul Stephen Rudd|
|Age||(as in 2020) 51 years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Aries|
|Birth Place||Passaic, New Jersey, U.S.|
|Date of Birth||06 April 1969|
|Residence||Manhattan, New York, U.S.|
|Home Town||Passaic, New Jersey|
|Hobbies||Watching Football and sports activities|
|Mother's Name||Gloria (Sales Manager at KCMO-TV television station located in Kansas City, Missouri)|
|Father's Name||Michael (Former Vice President of Trans World Airlines, later historical tour guide) (Died from cancer)|
|Sister||Julie Rudd (Sister)|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||• Sarah Clarke|
• Julie Yaeger (1998-Present)
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Marriage Date||23 February 2003|
|Children||• Son- Jack Sullivan (born 2004)|
• Daughter- Darby (born 2009)
|School||• Broadmoor Junior High School|
• Shawnee Mission West High School
|College/University||• University of Kansas|
• American Academy of Dramatic Arts / West, Los Angeles
• British American Drama Academy, Oxford, United Kingdom
|Profession||Actor, Screenwriter, Comedian, Producer|
|Brands Endorsed||• Voiceover for Hyundai commercials in 2014|
• Several TV commercials for Miller Lite beer (1991), Super Nintendo (1991), and Sega (1992)
• In 2013, alongside Seth Rogen, Bob Odenkirk, and LeBron James, he shown in a Samsung commercial
|Career Manager||Brillstein Entertainment Partners, Beverly Hills, CA, U.S.|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 178cm|
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet inches- 5’10”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 78 kg|
in pounds- 172 lbs
|Chest Size||40 Inches|
|Biceps Size||14 Inches|
|Waist Size||30 inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||White|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Dress Size||Not Known|
|Shoe Size||10 (U.S.)|
|Favourite Football Team||Kansas City Chiefs|
|Favourite Baseball Team||Kansas City Royals|
|Favourite TV Series||Lost (2004)|
Paul Stephen Rudd was born on April 6, 1969, in Passaic, New Jersey, U.S. At the age of 10, he moved to Lenexa, Kansas, along with his family. Later on, he consumed three years living in Anaheim, California. His originator was Jewish and he had a common Jewish ‘bar mitzvah’ service. He was educated at the ‘Broadmoor Junior High’ and ‘Shawnee Mission West High School.’
He then went on to join the ‘University of Kansas’ for two years to study drama. He joined the ‘British Drama Academy’ at the ‘Oxford University’ for a three-month internship. While he was studying, he also took part in theatre productions.
He was married to Julie Yaeger in 2003, with whom he has two children, a son named Jack Sullivan and a daughter named Darby.
Paul Rudd Net Worth
Paul Rudd has a net worth of $70 million.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2019 (Approx)||$70 million|
|Previous Year's Net Worth 2018 (Approx)||Under Review|
|Annual Salary||Under Review|
|Income Source||Actor, Screenwriter, Comedian, Producer|
n 2018 and 2019, Rudd reprised his role as Ant-Man in Ant-Man and the Wasp and Avengers: Endgame. Endgame was one of the biggest movies of the year, and it went on to become the highest-grossing film of all time.
Rudd gets a percentage of profit from the Marvel movies that he stars in, and he’s also credited as a writer on Ant-Man and the Wasp.
Between 2018-2019, Paul Rudd earned $40 million from his various endeavors. That was enough to make him one of the highest-paid celebrities on the planet for the year.
Paul Rudd Movies And TV Shows
- Coming back to the United States in the early 1990s from studying drama abroad, Rudd moved directly into a recurring TV character as aspiring filmmaker Kirby Philby on NBC’s weekly drama Sisters, opposite Ashley Judd. After appearing in several TV miniseries, he co-starred in the short-lived sitcom Wild Oats (1994), then made his feature film debut as protagonist Tommy Doyle in the latest Halloween series installment, Halloween: The Curse of Michael Meyers.
- Despite Rudd‘s television publicity, most people first remind seeing the actor as the college-aged stepbrother of Cher, played by Alicia Silverstone, who finally becomes the object of her picky affection, in the 1995 hit comedy Clueless.
- After showing in the independent film The Size of Watermelons and opposite Reese Witherspoon in the straight-to-video Overnight Delivery, Rudd settled the portrayal of Dave Paris, Juliet’s pompous suitor, in Baz Luhrmann’s stylish rendition of Shakespeare’s Romeo + Juliet (1996), starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Claire Danes.
- In 1997, Rudd made his Broadway debut as Joe Farkas in the acclaimed play, The Last Night Of Ballyhoo, written by Alfred Uhry. He took a break from Broadway to make the light-hearted comedy The Object Of My Affection, playing a gay man opposite Jennifer Aniston, but resumed the Farkas role after the film’s completion.
- Rudd advanced his theater work as Duke Orsino, opposite Helen Hunt’s Viola in Shakespeare’s Twelfth Night, which was broadcast on PBS’s Live from Lincoln Center series.
- After that, he showed opposite Ben Affleck, Courtney Love, and Janeane Garofalo as the latter’s jilted, chain-smoking lover in the romantic indie comedy 200 Cigarettes.
- After returning to the stage as a gay-bashing Mormon college student in Bash, opposite Calista Flockhart, Rudd took on his next high-profile feature, playing a WWII pilot in Lasse Hallstrom’s The Cider House Rules (1999), co-starring Tobey Maguire, Michael Caine, and Charlize Theron.
- He then showed alongside Andie MacDowell in the short film Reaching Normal (written and directed by Anne Heche), which was screened at the Sundance Festival before airing on Showtime.
- In early 2001, Rudd starred as Nick Carraway, the keen and aloof narrator in A&E’s adaptation of F. Scott Fitzgerald’s elegant Jazz Age classic, The Great Gatsby, also starring Mira Sorvino.
- After his recurring role on the hit TV show Friends, Rudd landed a leading role as reporter Brian Fantana in the news comedy Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy (2004), starring Will Ferrell, Christina Applegate, and Steve Carell. Rudd also worked with Carell again on 2005’s The 40-Year-Old Virgin. This Judd Apatow-directed comedy proved to be a box office smash.
- In 2009, Rudd acted with Jason Segel in the buddy comedy I Love You, Man. He and Carell reteamed for 2010’s Dinner for Schmucks, which proved to be a commercial and critical disappointment. That same year, Rudd showed his softer side as one of Witherspoon’s suitors in the romantic comedy How Do You Know.
- Rudd returned to the small screen in 2012 with a recurring role on Parks and Recreation.
- That same year, he starred in another Apatow comedy, This Is 40, opposite the director’s real-life wife, Leslie Mann. Rudd and Mann play a married couple whose relationship is on the rocks.
- The following year, Rudd played the lead in another romantic comedy, Admission, with Tina Fey. The actor also reprised his role as Brian Fantana in 2013’s Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues.
- After he co-starred in the romantic comedy They Came Together (2014) with Amy Poehler, 2015 saw Rudd entering the world of superhero fandom, with the actor taking on the lead role in the Marvel Comics flick Ant-Man. Alongside co-stars Michael Douglas and Bobby Cannavale, Rudd portrayed a one-time thief who adopts a suit that allows him to greatly shrink in size while growing stronger.
- He reprised his superhero character for the sequel Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018), as well as for the related Marvel films Captain America: Civil War (2016) and Avengers: Endgame (2019).
- Between shoots for his big-budget Marvel movies, Rudd also starred in features like The Fundamentals of Caring (2016), as an aide to a boy with vigorous dystrophy, and Ideal Home (2018), as one half of a gay couple adapting to the surprise introduction of a child into their lives.
- The following year he took on his first small-screen starring gig in Netflix’s Living With Yourself, playing both a depressed man and his new-and-improved clone who emerges following an experimental therapy treatment.
Halloween 6: The Curse of Michael Myers
|1996||Romeo + Juliet|
The Size of Watermelons
|1997 ||The Locusts|
The Object of My Affection
The Cider House Rules
|2001||Wet Hot American Summer|
On the Edge
|2003||The Shape of Things|
|2004||Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy|
Wake Up, Ron Burgundy: The Lost Movie
The 40-Year-Old Virgin
|2006||The Oh in Ohio|
Night at the Museum
|2007||Reno 911!: Miami|
I Could Never Be Your Woman
Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story
|2008||Over Her Dead Body|
Forgetting Sarah Marshall
|2009||I Love You, Man|
Sesame Street: Being Green
Monsters vs. Aliens
|2010||Dinner for Schmucks|
How Do You Know
|2011 ||Our Idiot Brother|
The Perks of Being a Wallflower
This Is 40
This Is the End
All Is Bright
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues
|2014||They Came Together|
|2015||The Little Prince|
|2016||Captain America: Civil War|
The Fundamentals of Caring
|2017||Fun Mom Dinner|
|2018||The Catcher Was a Spy|
Ant-Man and the Wasp
Between Two Ferns: The Movie
TV Shows & Serials List
|1992 – 1995 ||Sisters|
|1993||Moment of Truth: Stalking Back|
The Fire Next Time
Strangers with Candy
The Great Gatsby
|2002 – 2004 ||Friends|
|2006 – 2007||Reno 911!|
|2007||The Naked Trucker and T-Bones Show|
|2008||Little Britain USA|
|2008 – 2019||Saturday Night Live|
|2009 – 2010||Party Down|
|2012||Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!|
|2011, 2014 ||The Simpsons|
|2012, 2015, 2020||Parks and Recreation|
|2012 ||Comedy Bang! Bang!|
|2013 ||Burning Love|
|2015||The Jack and Triumph Show|
Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp
Neon Joe, Werewolf Hunter
Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later
|2019||Living with Yourself|
|2020||Saturday Night Live|
- Paul Rudd had visited a class at the American Academy of Dramatic Arts with Matthew Lillard.
- Paul was a Bar Mitzvah disc jockey before he obtained success.
- Paul is close friends with Rob Thomas and Jon Hamm. In one episode of SNL, Paul has paid tribute to his father who had died of cancer.
- Paul had once thinking of being a graphic artist or a painter.
- Paul’s original family name was “Rudnitzky” but, his grandfather developed it to “Rudd.”
- During the filming of Clueless (1995), he got mugged.
- Paul had to face another misfortune before the filming of the film Clueless (1995) when his friend has died in a road accident.
He loves to watch baseball and is a fan of the ‘Kansas City Royals’ baseball team.
He is part of the ‘Sigma Nu Fraternity.’
He often visits his school in Overland Park, Kansas.
Paul supports the ‘Stuttering Association for the Young’ (SAY), a nonprofit organization that works towards helping young people who stutter.
What Is Paul Rudd Known For?
Paul Rudd Is An Actor Who Became A Minor Teen Idol With His Breakout Performance In The 1995 Film ‘clueless.’ He Went On To Star In Comedies Like ‘Anchorman,’ ‘This Is 40’ And The Superhero Franchise ‘Ant-Man.’
Is Paul Rudd In School Of Rock?
Jack Black And Paul Rudd Visit Broadway’s Hit Musical School Of Rock. Black Who Played Dewey In The Original Film Attended With His Family And Fellow Actor Paul Rudd.
Are Paul Rudd's Parents Cousins?
Rudd’s Parents Were Second Cousins. His Father’s Family’s Original Surname, “Rudnitsky”, Was Changed By His Grandfather To “Rudd”, And His Mother’s Family’s Surname Was Original “Goldstein”.
Does Paul Rudd Eat Meat?
At Around The 20-minute Mark In The Video, Paul Rudd Reveals That He’s Not Actually Vegetarian Despite Going For The Cauliflower But Is Instead Trying To Cut Down On His Meat Intake. While It’s Not Mentioned In The Show, Paul Rudd Is Understood To Have A Meatless Monday Each Week.
Does Paul Rudd Have A British Passport?
Rudd Uses Humor Almost Involuntarily. He Told That He Doesn’t Have A British Passport, He Said, “It’s Gotten Tougher To Do. My Parents Were American Citizens, And My Dad Can’t Apply For A British Passport Now Because, As I Said Earlier, He’s Dead.”
Who Is Paul Rudd's Best Friend?
Like Many Celebrity Buddies, Jennifer Aniston And Paul Rudd Met When They Were Young Actors Living In La. They Co-starred In The 1998 Rom-com The Object Of My Affection.