Olivier Giroud is a footballer from France who plays for Chelsea in the Premier League. He also represents the French national team. As a kid, he trained with Olympique Club de Froges, a local club in the Chambery region of France. Six years later, he joined Grenoble, where he honed his skills for five more years, further establishing the foundation for his future career. Grenoble hired him for the first time when he was 21 years old. In 15 matches with their reserve team, Olivier scored 15 goals, which caused him to become an established player in French football.
Furthermore, he was loaned out to other clubs such as Istres, Tours, and Montpellier. In 2012, he finally got some attention from the best, the Premier League clubs, particularly Arsenal, which bought him. Despite his excellent performances for them, he remained a key member of their main squad until January 2018, when he joined Chelsea. It took him until 2011 to make his way into the national senior team and represent the country at numerous large-scale FIFA competitions.
Olivier Giroud Wiki/Bio
Birth Name Olivier Giroud Nick Name Charm Striker Age 36 (as in 2023) Years Religion Roman Catholic Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign Virgo Birth Place Chambéry, France Date of Birth 30 September 1986 Nationality French Residence He is based in London, England. Home Town London, England Food Habit Non-Vegetarian Hobbies Not Known
Mother's Name Not Available Father's Name Not Available Brothers Romain Giroud Sisters None
Affairs/Girlfriends • Jennifer Giroud (2011-present)
• Celia Kay (2014)
Marital Status, Wife and Children
Wife/Spouse Jennifer Giroud Marriage Date Year 2011 Children Daughters- • Jade Giroud
• Aria Giroud
Sons- • Evan Giroud
• Aaron Giroud
School Olivier Giroud got his soccer education from Grenoble’s youth academy. College/University Not Available Educational Qualification Not Available Profession German Professional Footballer Brands Endorsed Puma Career Manager Olivier Giroud is represented by Michael Manuello.
International Debut In 2011, for French International Team. Club Debut In 2005 for Grenoble Current Team(s) • Chelsea
• French national team
Jersey Number • 17 (HSC Montpellier)
• 12 (Arsenal FC)
• 18 (Chelsea FC)
• 9 (France National Team)
Position Striker Coach/Mentor Not Available Records (main ones) • In 2008-09, at the second session, he was the division's top scorer with 21 goals.
• Oliver was again top scorer with 21 goals in 2011-12 season and helped the team win first ever Ligue 1 title.
• In 2014 and in 2015, Oliver won the FA Cup with Arsenal and became one of only seven players to score 50 Premier League goals for the club.
• In UEFA EURO 2016 Oliver was the second highest goalscorer for which he was awarded the "Bronze Boot".
Career Turning Point When he became division's top scorer with 21 goals for Tours in his second season for the club. Strengths • Physical Presence
• Heading Ability
• Hold-up Play
• Ability to score outrageous goals
Weaknesses • Speed
• Attacking Movement
• Sometimes misses crucial chances
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
Height (Approx.) in centimeters- 192 cm
in meters- 1.92 m
in Feet Inches- 6’ 4”
Weight (Approx.) in Kilograms- 88 kg
in Pounds- 194 lbs
Chest Size 29 inches Biceps Size 12 inches Waist Size 31 inches
Extra Ordinary Features
Race / Ethnicity White French Hair Color Black Eye Color Dark Brown S*xual Orientation Straight Dress Size Not Available Shoe Size 9 (US)
Favourite Playing Position Striker Favourite Football Players Ronaldinho Favorite thing/Person Sport Shooter Controversies In February 2014, Oliver betrayed his wife when American Model Celia Kay was reported to be in hotel room, later Oliver apologized to his wife Jennifer.
Olivier Giroud was born on September 30, 1986, in a small town in south-eastern France. Football had always been a passion for him since he was a kid, and his older brother, Romain, played for local clubs. Romain would provide essential advice to his younger brother, but what came as a major setback was when he let go of his dream to become a footballer and studied to become a nutritionist.
His reversal had a huge impact on Olivier’s psyche and he somehow managed to get enrolled at the Olympique Club de Forges, a nearby club. As a result of his family’s move to a small village called Forges, he became involved with the club. In the six years that followed, Olivier worked at honing his skills until by the time he was a teenager, he was a competitive player waiting to get a chance to play in bigger tournaments.
Having been abandoned by his brothers months previously, Olivier’s performance was greatly impacted by being very low on confidence player at the age of 13. He spent another five years in the youth academy of the club but was never considered a strong enough player to play in the big leagues. The club’s reserve team, which was set to compete in the Championnat de France Amateur 2, one of the lowest levels in French soccer, was named just before the 2005-06 season.
Olivier was determined to leave his mark on the team management, so he scored 15 goals in 15 matches that he played in over the next seven years. At last, it was in March 2006 that Grenoble’s senior management called him into the first team.
In 2011, Olivier Giroud married Jennifer, his long-time girlfriend, and gave birth to a daughter named Jade in 2011. In addition to being a catholic, he is also highly religious. The right arm of his body is tattooed with a psalm from the Bible. Additionally, he has been the center of controversy quite a few times and has been accused of cheating on his wife with a model named Celia Kay, for which he issued a public apology. His later claims of having extramarital affairs were denied.
Olivier Giroud Net Worth
Olivier Giroud has a net worth of $12 million.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2023 (Approx)||$12 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$10 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||$6-7 Million|
|Annual Salary||57.2 lakhs GBP|
|Income Source||French Professional footballer|
|Cars Collection||• Audi|
• Rolls Royce
• Mercedes C class coupe
• Mercedes E class
• Mercedes S class
• Audi S5
As a top footballer blessed with the kind of earnings he has, Giroud can live lavishly as he pleases. Giroud lives in a £13,75 million house in Hampstead Garden Suburb that offers some of the top, modern, state-of-the-art facilities and details that anyone would dream of having today.
A stunning collection of cars can also be found in Olivier Giroud’s collection. The car collection he owns easily compliments his enormous home. His car brands include Audi, Rolls Royce, Citrogen, and others. In addition to the Mercedes C class coupe, he owns a Mercedes E class, a Mercedes S class, and an Audi S5.
Puma has renewed Olivier Giroud’s sponsorship agreement with the Arsenal striker.
Puma first partnered with Giroud in 2009, and the extended deal will see him continue to wear the Puma boots for the foreseeable future. The Arsenal striker will wear the Puma evoSpeed 1 FG during this season’s Premier League campaign.
“I have worn Puma Speed boots since 2009 and they have always given me great confidence to perform to my potential,” Giroud said. Signing an international contract with Puma is another great and positive step in my career. It was a pleasure working with them in France and I am eager to continue with them in the future.
“Olivier Giroud is a gifted and intelligent striker, and it’s wonderful to have him in our global player portfolio,” says Puma’s senior head of global sports marketing Christian Voigt. We have believed that Olivier is a key asset for us throughout the past season and since his move to a top English club. Especially since he is such a pleasant person and we have enjoyed working with him these past few years, we are delighted about his progress. He has been an integral part of our partnership for many years.”
- A year after making his senior debut, he scored his first professional goal against Le Havre in February 2007. In the aftermath, he described the moment as one of his happiest moments. However, his overall performance of scoring 2 goals in 18 appearances in his debut season was considered to be average at best.
- For the 2006-07 season, he joined Istres to compensate for insufficient playing time. He played in the Championnat National, considered to be the third tier of French football. The loan period was deemed a success after he managed to score 14 goals in different matches for his team during the loan period.
- Upon returning to Grenoble, Olivier learned that his team had qualified for the Ligue 1 and had high hopes of one day playing in a major league. In 2008, it became official that Olivier would be let go by the team management, meaning Olivier was to be moved to the reserve squad.
- Announcing that Olivier would join Ligue 2 club Tours for three years in May 2008, an announcement was made. In his first season with Tours, Olivier scored 5 goals in the first 2 games of the Coupe de France, and despite the club being eliminated from the league, his performance was hailed. The youngster continued to excel on the field and scored 14 goals in 27 games during his first year with Tours.
- In 2010, Montpellier signed Olivier to their team. Olivier scored his first goal for his new club on 29th July and got off to a great start. Olivier consistently scored goals in crucial matches as the team reached the final of Coupe de la Ligue, which was a pleasant surprise.
- The opening of the 2011-12 season for Olivier was nothing short of spectacular, as he scored in both league matches. The team was on top of the points tally thanks to Olivier’s phenomenal form in November 2011. The league’s best scorer award went to Olivier after scoring 21 goals by the end of the season.
- Olivier was in high demand during the 2012-13 season, and Manchester United, Arsenal, and many other top clubs were vying for his signature. The striker made his Arsenal debut against Sunderland in August 2012 and scored his first goal against Coventry City in the League Cup the following month.
- As the season wound down, he missed four matches due to the red card he received, but through this point, he had already recorded 17 goals from 47 games.
- He performed magnificently for five more seasons, emerging as one of the league’s most outstanding players.
- The French star played 180 times and scored 73 goals for Arsenal during his six-season stay. His transfer became inevitable in early 2018, and he signed for Chelsea for 18 months.
- Despite not getting a lot of opportunities to play in the youth teams, he was called up for the national team in late 2011, following his match-winning performances at the club Montpellier. He has played for his national team in 69 matches and scored 29 goals. His first appearance for the national team was at the FIFA World Cup in 2014, and he played at Euro 2016.
Facts About Olivier Giroud
- Does Giroud smoke?: Not Known
- Does Giroud drink Alcohol?: Yes
- The older brother of Olivier is Romain, who was also a professional footballer.
- Born in Chambéry, Froges, France is close to Grenoble, but Giroud was raised nearby in the village of Froges.
- Oliver spent five years playing for the professional club Grenoble, which he joined at the age of 13.
- Olivier joined Tours in 2008 and Arsenal in 2012.
- Oliver has a tattoo on his right arm from Psalm 23 in Latin: “Dominus regit me et nihil mihi deerit” (“The Lord is my shepherd; I will never lack”).
- The French charity calendar Dieux du Stade featured n*ked sportsmen sold to raise money for charity in 2013 featured Gérard n*ked.
- Boss Bottled, a men’s fragrance from Hugo Boss, made Olivier the face of the brand.
- In 2015, Giraud was named the ‘Hottest Premier League Player’.
- David Beckham, he said in an interview with GQ, is an inspiration for the way he dresses, saying Beckham’s style is iconic.
Born in Chambéry, France in the Rhône-Alpes region, Giraud was raised in the nearby village of Froges, near Grenoble. Through both of his grandmothers, Gérard is of Italian descent.
During his 90 minutes without touching the ball, Olivier Giroud set a record. He played 546 minutes in the 2018 World Cup without shooting once in the tournament.