Nick Cannon, is an American rapper, actor, record producer, comedian, and entrepreneur. The multi-faceted character is also a radio and television host. He is famous for being the host of the hit reality show ‘America’s Got Talent’ and also for entertaining ‘The Nick Cannon Show.’ After beginning his acting career as a youth on the TV show ‘All That,’ Cannon went on to perform in several TV shows and has even appeared in a handful of films. Apart from this, he has also done radio-hosting.
Not just this, As a rapper, he has delivered a few albums, including his debut self-titled album in 2003. And it doesn’t end here. Today, Cannon has also appeared as a successful entrepreneur who is affiliated with multiple business companies. He is the chairman of the television channel ‘TeenNick’ for ‘Nickelodeon.’ Besides this, he is also the Chief Creative Officer for ‘Radioshack.’ Due to Cannon’s tremendous success in the film, music, and radio industry, he is publicly perceived as a multitalented figure.
Nick Cannon Wiki/Bio[table id=1842 /]
Cannon was born in San Diego, California. Cannon was mostly raised by his paternal grandfather, whom both he and his biological father called “dad”. As a child, Cannon turned up in Lincoln Park’s Bay Vista Housing Projects, which is a gang-ridden part of Southeast San Diego.
While in his adolescent years, he was affiliated with the “Lincoln Park Bloods” street group but stated that he left behind his connections after missing a close friend. In 1998, he graduated from Monte Vista High School in Spring Valley, where he was president of the African Student Coalition and participated in track and field.
Cannon got his first break doing stand-up comedy on his father’s local cable access program.
Cannon married singer-songwriter Mariah Carey on April 30, 2008, at her private estate on Windermere Island in the Bahamas. On April 30, 2011, their third wedding anniversary, Carey gave birth to fraternal twins: daughter Monroe (after Marilyn Monroe) and son Moroccan Scott, because Cannon offered to Carey in her Moroccan-style room, Scott is Cannon’s middle name and his grandmother’s maiden name.
Monroe, like her mother, has no middle name. After six years of marriage, the pair parted and registered for divorce in 2014, but reunited briefly in 2015. Their divorce was finalized in 2016.
Cannon’s son with model Brittany Bell, Golden “Sagon” Cannon, was born on February 21, 2017. Cannon was hospitalized on January 4, 2012, for the operation of “mild kidney failure”, and again on February 17, 2012, after a pulmonary embolism. On March 5, 2012, he announced that his kidney problems were due to lupus nephritis.
Cannon enrolled at Howard University in 2016 and graduated in 2020 with a bachelor’s degree in Criminology/Administration of Justice and a minor in Africana Studies.
Nick Cannon Net Worth
Nick Cannon has a net worth of $30 million.[table id=1843 /]
Nick and Mariah officially approved their divorce in August 2014. Their divorce was settled in 2016. As part of their divorce proceedings we learned from legal filings that when Mariah entered the marriage in 2008, she had a net worth of $150 million while Nick was worth less than $500,000.
Furthermore, the filings showed that Mariah earned a total of $6.3 million in 2014 while Nick earned $2.7 million. As part of their final settlement, which was undisclosed, Nick was given the title to a 2012 Ferrari and forced to pay $5,000 per month to a trust for their twins.
Soon after registering for divorce, Nick and Mariah sold their longtime home in LA’s Bel Air neighborhood for $9 million. They bought the home in 2009 for $7 million. A previous owner was Farrah Fawcett, who sold the house in 1999 for $2.7 million after living there for over two decades.
Movies And TV Shows
- Nick Cannon started his music career as a teenager in 1999. He formed a rap group named ‘Da G4 Dope Bomb Squad’ along with his friend Steve Groves.
- In 2001, he was signed by ‘Jive Records’ and was featured in the cover song ‘Parents Just Don’t Understand’ for the ‘Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius’ film soundtrack.
- After this, he released his self-titled album in 2003.
- Then in 2005, he formed his own label ‘Can-I-Ball Records’ and released the single ‘Can I Live?’.
- Nick Cannon created, hosted, and produced the MTV comedy series ‘Wild ‘N Out’ in 2005. The same year, he hosted Nickelodeon’s 2005 ‘Kids’ Choice Awards.’ After this, he served as the DJ on ‘Bigger, Longer, and Wider’ show.
- However, this record label was discontinued and was replaced by a new one titled ‘N’Credible Entertainment’ in the year 2009.
- Nick Cannon has been serving as the chairman of Nickelodeon network’s ‘TeenNick’ since 2009.
- In 2010, Nick Cannon began hosting the morning show at 92.3 NOW FM alongside Southern Sarah Lee and Nikki. After this, he was signed for a weekly program titled ‘Cannon’s Countdown.’
- In the same year, Cannon announced that he would go on a comedy tour for ‘Just for Laughs’ festival in Montreal.
- The following year, he recorded his stand-up comedy special ‘Mr. Showbiz’ in Las Vegas.
- Then in the year 2009, he hosted Nickelodeon’s ‘HALO Awards.’ That year, he was also signed as the host for ‘America’s Got Talent’ and served in that position till 2016.
- Meanwhile, in 2011, he hosted the popular eating competition ‘Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest.’
- In early 2012, Cannon created the comedy television series ‘Incredible Crew.’
- During that time, he also began performing in a music video television series named ‘TeenNick Top 10.’
- The following year, he served as an honouree at the ‘Ebony Magazine Power 100 Awards.’
- Cannon was then signed for the comedy-drama musical film ‘School Dance’ in 2014. The same year, he started hosting ‘Caught on Camera’ on NBC.
- That year, he was also featured in the American film ‘Drumline: A New Beat.’
- In 2015, he was named the Chief Creative Officer for the wireless and electronic store network ‘Radioshack.’
- In 2016, he returned to host the eighth season of ‘Wild ‘N Out.’
- The rapper then released his debut mixtape ‘Child of the Corn’ on December 6, 2011, followed by the second mixtape ‘The Gospel of Ike Turn Up: My Side of the Story’ on November 16, 2016.
- Cannon released ‘The Invitation’ on December 9, 2019, which was a response to Eminem’s feature on Fat Joe and Dre’s ‘Family Ties,’ dissing Cannon.
- It was announced in 2019 that Cannon would be appearing in his own syndicated daytime talk show in 2020 via Lionsgate’s ‘Debmar-Mercury’ and his production company ‘NCredible Entertainment.’
Facts About Nick Cannon
- He has his own TV production company Renaissance Entertainment.
- Nick began playing music after his grandfather gifted him musical devices on his 8th birthday.
- Nick performs harmonica, drums, and synthesizers.
- He is great friends with American actor and writer Chris Spencer.
- He appreciated his mother for giving him birth in a song named Can I live?.
- Nick is Chairman of TeenNick television network.
- He has an autoimmune disorder that causes kidney problems.
Although his work in the music and film industries have been the predominant sources of Nick Cannon’s income, he has also earned money through his television and radio hosting work and through a range of other business ventures.
Nick Cannon is now the chairman of TeenNick for Nickelodeon and the development and creative consultant of the network since 2009. The show was produced by Cartoon Network Studios, in association with Ncredible Entertainment.
Nicholas Scott Cannon parents James Cannon, a televangelist, and Beth Hackett, an accountant.
Mariah Carey’s net worth is a staggering $320 million, which makes her up to 5 times richer than Nick Cannon.