Seth Rogen is a Canadian actor, comedian, producer, writer, and director. The character who carried the viewers going in laughter with his goofy appearance in the film ‘The 40-Year Old V*rgin’. With due honor to his acting skills, it must be stated that there is something so pleasant and funny about his very character that makes one want to laugh. Bestowed with a chubby face enclosed by curly hair, twinkling eyes, and a silly smile, the actor has made the perfect looks for a comedian. He is the very personification of simplicity, goofiness, and cuteness mixed. As a small boy, he understood he had it in him to make people laugh with his goofy jokes and antics.
The more he performed others laugh, the more he liked it and decided to become a career comedian. He began making stand-up comedy as a teenager. A financial disaster hit his family when Seth was 16, and the teenager dropped out of high school to become a full-time comedian in order to pay the bills. Finally, he created a niche for himself and began appearing on television shows. After a few initial hiccups, he became an identified television actor who finally ventured into Hollywood. Today the actor has surely come a long way from his stand-up comedy days.
|Birth Name||Seth Aaron Rogen|
|Age||(as in 2020) 38 Years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Aries|
|Birth Place||Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada|
|Date of Birth||15 April 1982|
|Residence||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Home Town||Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada|
|Mother's Name||Sandy Rogen (Social Worker)|
|Father's Name||Mark Rogen (Actor)|
|Sister||Danya Rogen (Older)|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Lauren Miller (2004-Present)|
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|Engagement Date||29 September 2010|
|Marriage Date||2 October 2011|
|School||• Vancouver Talmud Torah Elementary School, British Columbia, Canada|
• Point Grey Secondary School, Vancouver, British Columbia
• Delta Secondary School
|Educational Qualification||Not Available|
|Profession||Actor, filmmaker, comedian|
|Brands Endorsed||• Samsung TV commercial with Paul Rudd, Bob Odenkirk and LeBron James near end of the Super Bowl XLVII|
• ESPN SportsCenter TV commercial with Aaron Rodgers
|Career Manager||Principal Entertainment|
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm|
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet inches- 5’ 7”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 50 kg|
in pounds- 110 lbs
|Chest Size||42 Inches|
|Biceps Size||14 Inches|
|Waist Size||37 Inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Specialties||• Curly hair|
• Deep voice
• Infectious laugh
|Race / Ethnicity||White|
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
|Dress Size||Not Available|
|Shoe Size||11 (US)|
|Favorite Singer||Led Zeppelin, Wu-Tang Clan|
|Favorite Actors||Adam Sandler|
|Favorite Movies||Coming to America (1988)|
Seth Rogen was born in Vancouver, Canada. He originates from a Jewish family. His father was massively involved in the Workmen’s Circle Jewish fraternal organization, and his mother is a civil worker. Seth Rogen thinks his parents to be comprehensive in terms of their socialist political position. Although Seth has dual citizenship, he knows as a Canadian because he grew up in that country.
His actions at Point Grey Secondary School in West Vancouver formed the base for scripts such as Superbad. Many of the characters in his dialogues are based on classmates he knew during his time in Vancouver. He began making stand-up comedy routines while at a Jewish summer camp.
His early struggles with stand-up sparked a lifelong passion for comedy. Rogen was soon playing at bar mitzvahs and parties. As he grew and his jokes became more experienced, he worked at local bars. By age 13, he was writing the first design for the movie Superbad. His family was supportive of his career opportunities, and they sent him to the local Yuk-Yuk’s Comedy Club so he could work.
While Rogen’s career was on the rise, his mother and father were encountering troubles with their own. Both parents found themselves without jobs when Seth was 16, and they had to sell their house and move into a small apartment.
As luck would have it, Seth Rogen booked a major character in Judd Apatow’s Freaks and Geeks that year. The entire family moved to Los Angeles, and Seth started paying the bills for the entire household, including his older sister.
Seth Rogen Net Worth
Seth Rogen has a net worth of $80 million.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2019 (Approx)||$80 Million|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2018(Approx)||Under Review|
|Annual Salary||Under Review|
|Income Source||Actor, filmmaker, comedian|
Rogen’s true breakthrough came in 2007 when he was cast as a leading guy for the first time in Knocked Up. The film was a financial and critical breakthrough, grossing $219 million on a $30 million budget.
His next leading performance was in the stoner-comedy Pineapple Express. This film would also demonstrate to be successful, making over $101 million in ticket sellouts on its relatively small budget of $27 million.
In 2006 Seth spent $1.65 million for a home in Los Angeles. He and Lauren still own this home.
In 2012 Seth spent $1.1 million for a home in West Hollywood, California. He put this home on the market in early 2020 for $1.7 million. Around the corresponding time, he listed that home he bought a different home in the same neighborhood for $1.9 million. It’s thought that this home is for a family member because Seth and Lauren own a sprawling home not far away in the Hollywood Hills.
Pieced together over many transactions, Seth and Lauren have spent $11 million on what is now an 8+ acre compound. They got the first part of their Hollywood Hills compound in December 2014 for $8 million. This first property brought Seth an impressive house with tennis courts, pool, guest homes, and more, spanning just over 7-acres. In July 2020 they paid $3 million for a contiguous 1-acre property. It is technically six lots.
Seth Rogen Movies And TV Shows
- Director Judd Apatow saw the boy’s skills and cast him in the television comedy-drama ‘Freaks and Geeks’ which premiered in 1999. Seth performed Ken in the show. The series was short-lived but became a devotion classic.
- He was granted a part in Apatow’s next television show, ‘Undeclared’ which was about a group of college freshmen at a university.
- Seth also worked as a writer on the show. This show too was short-lived.
- Going on to film performances, he performed Ricky in the 2001 movie ‘Donnie Darko’ which was a supernatural thriller. The film received favorable reviews and was a box office hit.
- He performed one of the friends of the main role in the romantic comedy ‘The 40-year Old V*rgin’ (2005) which is about a middle-aged man hopeless to lose his v*rginity. The film was a big success.
- In ‘Knocked Up’ in 2007 he performed Ben Stone, a coward who has a one-night stand with a successful working woman which results in a pregnancy. The movie was a big success at the box office.
- He co-wrote and co-produced the comedy movie ‘Superbad’ in 2007. The film was based on a script Seth had written as a teenager along with his friend Evan Goldberg. The movie was much enjoyed by the viewers for its silly comedy.
- He performed Dale Denton, a drug addict in the 2008 comedy ‘Pineapple Express’ which he had co-written with Evan Goldberg. The term ‘Pineapple Express’ refers to a rare strain of marijuana in the film. The movie also had James Franco and earned good reviews.
- Continuing his acknowledged link with Apatow, Seth acted along with Adam Sandler and Leslie Mann in the 2009 comedy-drama film, ‘Funny People’. The film earned positive reviews and Seth’s appearance was especially liked.
- Keeping up with his penchant for performing slackers, he described an irresponsible slacker son of a widower in the 2011 action-comedy ‘The Green Hornet’. The film got negative reviews but was a commercial success anyway.
- He became director in 2013 as he co-directed the disaster comedy, ‘This is the End’ with long-time friend Evan Goldberg. The film had an outfit cast including Seth, James Franco, Jonah Hill, and Emma Watson. It was both a significant and financial success.
- In 2014, he worked in the Comedy ‘Neighbors’ directed by Nicholas Stoller in which he performs a married man with a baby daughter whose life changes upside down when some new neighbors move in next door. The film is included among Seth’s biggest hits.
|2004||Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy|
|2005||The 40-Year-Old V*rgin|
|2006||You, Me and Dupree|
|2007||Shrek the Third|
Jay and Seth versus the Apocalypse
|2008||The Spiderwick Chronicles|
Horton Hears a Who!
Kung Fu Panda
Zack and Miri Make a Porno
Monsters vs. Aliens
Observe and Report
B.O.B.'s Big Break
|2011||The Green Hornet|
Kung Fu Panda 2
Take This Waltz
Kung Fu Panda: Secrets of the Masters
Night of the Living Carrots
|2012||For a Good Time, Call|
The Guilt Trip
|2013||This Is the End|
22 Jump Street
The Sound and the Fury
The Night Before
Kung Fu Panda: Secrets of the Scroll
|2016||Kung Fu Panda 3|
Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising
|2017||The Disaster Artist|
The Lion King
|2020||An American Pickle|
TV Shows & Serials List
|1999–2000||Freaks and Geeks|
Help Me Help You
|2007, 2009, 2014||Saturday Night Live|
|2009||81st Academy Awards|
Monsters vs. Aliens: Mutant Pumpkins from Outer Space
|2009, 2014||The Simpsons|
|2010||Kung Fu Panda Holiday|
|2011||2011 MTV Video Music Awards|
|2012||Eastbound & Down|
27th Independent Spirit Awards
Comedy Bang! Bang!
|2013||Comedy Central Roast of James Franco|
The Mindy Project
Lip Sync Battle
|2016||Martha & Snoop's Potluck Dinner Party|
Friends from College
|2018||Netflix Acquires Seth Rogen|
Drop the Mic
The Jim Jefferies Show
|2019||The Twilight Zone|
- At the age of 16, he got the Vancouver Amateur Comedy Contest with his deadpan style of humor.
- Seth began his career as a stand-up comedian in his teens.
- The actor co-wrote the preamble for the Blake J. Harris book Console Wars: Sega, Nintendo, and the Battle that Set a Generation in 2014.
- Rogen is a follower of creating awareness of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Seth Rogen established the Hilarity for Charity movement to raise information for Alzheimer’s disease.
- He is a skilled voice artist and lent his voice to The Simpsons in 2009 and 2014 and American Dad! (2006), Horton Hears a Who! (2008), Kung Fu Panda (2008), and Monsters vs. Aliens (2009).
- He was bestowed Canadian Comedy Person of the Year at Canadian Comedy Awards in 2008 and 2009.
- Seth was placed at no. 20 in the 30 Under 30 actors list of Entertainment Weekly in 2008.
- Rogen is a NORML member.
- Seth is a public marijuana user.
- He serves as a muse for the gay community and announced himself a Bear Icon.
- Christopher Schulz used him as a subject of “Seth”, a side project of PINUPS magazine that showcased the actor in many s*xual poses.
- He is very good friends with Jay Baruchel.
Are Seth Rogen And Jonah Hill Friends?
Seth Rogen And Jonah Hill Are Friends. They First Met When Hill Was Cast In A Minor Role In “The 40-year-old Virgin” In 2005. Rogen Later Cast Hill In “Knocked Up”. The Two Became Friends, With Hill Attending Rogen’s Wedding.
Are James Franco And Seth Rogen Friends?
Seth Rogen, Who Produced “The Disaster Artist” And Has Been Friends With Franco For Years, Shares His Thoughts Here On Collaborating With His Actor Friend: But It’s Mostly A Story About How Great Franco Is And What He Taught Me And All That, So Just Hang Tight. We Were Filming “Pineapple Express” In 2007.
Does Seth Rogen Sell His Ashtrays?
Seth Rogen Does Not Sell His Ashtrays Commercially. He Does Enjoy Making Ceramics, Primarily Ashtrays, And Vases, But Apparently Not As A Moneymaking Venture. Rogen Says That He Finds The Process Helps Him Relax And Unwind.
How Did Seth Rogen Lose Weight?
Rogen Has Claimed He Dropped 30 Pounds By “Just Eating Cheeseburgers. I Have No Regimen. I Did Have A Trainer, Harley Pasternak, But I’ve Since Set Him Free.
Who Is Seth Rogen's Best Friend?
His Longtime Writing Partner, Evan Goldberg, Is A Childhood Friend. And The Actors Rogen Works With Time And Time Again, Like James Franco, Jonah Hill, And Danny Mcbride, Are Good Friends.