Nawazuddin Siddiqui (born 19 May 1974) also known as Nowaz is an Indian film actor who has appeared in some of Bollywood’s major films including, Black Friday (2004), New York (2009), Peepli Live (2010), Kahani (2012), Gangs of Wasseypur (2012) and Gangs of Wasseypur – Part 2 (2012). Siddiqui went to the National School of Drama, New Delhi. After graduating from NSD in 1999, he moved to Mumbai. Siddiqui made his Bollywood debut in the year 1999, with a small role in the Aamir Khan starrer Sarfarosh. He then appeared in Ram Gopal Varma’s Shool (1999), Jungle (2000); and Rajkumar Hirani’s Munnabhai MBBS (2003).
After moving to Mumbai he tried to get work in television serials but did not achieve much success. He did a short film, The Bypass in 2003, where he appeared with Irrfan Khan. Beyond that between 2002–05, he was largely out of work and lived in a flat that he shared with four other people, and survived by conducting occasional acting workshops. In 2004, which was one of the worst years of his struggle, he couldn’t pay any rent. He asked an NSD senior if he could stay with him. The senior allowed him to share his apartment in Goregaon if he was willing to cook meals for him.
Nawazuddin Siddiqui Biography
[table id=45 /]
Nawazuddin Siddiqui is from Budhana a small town of Muzaffarnagar district in Uttar Pradesh, where his father is a farmer. Siddiqui grew up amongst nine siblings, seven brothers, and two sisters. After graduating in science from a local college, he worked as a chemist in a petrochemical company for a short while. But boredom set in soon, and he moved to Delhi, here in the next one and a half year period, he started watching plays, while working a watchman at an office.
He got associated with Sakshi Theatre Group and worked with actors like Manoj Bajpai and Saurabh Shukla. Eventually, he graduated from The National School of Drama (NSD), New Delhi in 1996. Now he is a well-known actor.
Nawazuddin Siddiqui Net Worth
According to WoodGram, Nawazuddin Siddiqui’s estimated Net Worth, Salary, Income, Cars, Lifestyles & many more details have been updated below. Let’s check, How Rich is Nawazuddin Siddiqui in 2023?
[table id=47 /]
Noted, Currently, We don’t have enough information about Cars, Monthly/Yearly Salary, etc. We will update you soon.
Nawazuddin Siddiqui is an Indian actor who has a net worth of $24 million. Nawazuddin Siddiqui was born in Budhana, Muzaffarnagar district, Uttar Pradesh, India in May 1974. He has starred in some of Bollywood’s biggest films including Black Friday in 2004, New York in 2009, Peepli Live in 2010, Kahaani in 2012, Gangs of Wasseypur in 2012, Gangs of Wasseypur Part 2 in 2012, Talaash in 2012, and Manjhi in 2015.
Siddiqui’s first major film role came in Patang and he was praised by film critic Roger Ebert who said that the role “transformed his acting style”. Siddiqui has won many awards including Screen Award for Best Supporting Actor, Zee Cine Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role Male, Stardust Award for Best Supporting Actor, and Special Jury Award. Siddiqui graduated from The National School of Drama in New Delhi in 1996.
Siddiqui lives in Mumbai with his younger brother, Shamas Nawab Siddiqui who is a director. Nawazuddin is married to Aaliya and they have a daughter, Shora, and a son who was born on the actor’s 41st birthday. In spite of being very busy with film shoots, Siddiqui continues to take time out to do farming in his native place in Uttar Pradesh, With farming, Nawazuddin aims to educate the farmers about the new techniques available and how they can help them for the better. He also implemented new irrigation techniques in Budhana, which helped the farmers there tremendously.
[table id=48 /]
Some Lesser Known Facts About Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- Does Nawazuddin Siddiqui smoke?: Yes (a chain smoker)
- Does Nawazuddin Siddiqui drink alcohol?: Yes
- He was born into a Zamindar Muslim Family called Numberdars.
Nawazuddin Siddiqui’s Farm in Budhana
- His father was a farmer and also used to run an Aara Machine (a wood cutting machine).
- He is the eldest of his 9 siblings.
- Throughout his childhood, he studied under the lamp; as electricity was a rarity in his village.
- After his schooling, he moved to Haridwar to pursue his graduation in Chemistry at the Gurukul Kangri University. During his graduation, he used to participate in various extra-curricular activities such as declamation, painting, and drama.
- He has a degree in Chemistry, and during his days of struggle, he worked at a Chemist shop in Vadodara.
- He moved to Delhi to pursue his acting aspirations and joined a theatre group. Since there was not enough money in theatres, he worked as a watchman for the subsistence for around 5 years.
- He was enrolled in the National School of Drama (NSD), and after passing out of the NSD, he moved to Mumbai in 2004 to pursue his acting career further.
- While in Mumbai, Nawaz had to face one of the worst years of his struggle. He had to stay in the apartment of one of his seniors at the NSD on the condition that he would cook the meal for him.
- He made his Bollywood debut in 1999 with a very small role in the Aamir Khan starrer film- Sarfarosh.
- Initially, he worked at the film studios and got only stereotypical roles.
- He appeared as a pickpocket in the 2003 comedy-drama- Munna Bhai M.B.B.S.- starring Sunil Dutt and Sanjay Dutt.
- He tried to get work in the Television Industry but could not get success.
- He remained out of work between 2002-05 and shared a flat with 4 other people in Mumbai.
- In 2007, he got a role in Anurag Kashyap‘s Black Friday, which paved his way for other important roles.
- His first lead role appearance in a feature film was as a wedding singer- Chakku in Prashant Bhargava’s Patang (2007-08). Nawazuddin considers his role in the film as the turning point of her acting career.
- He also appeared in a cameo role in the song- Emotional Atyachar of the 2009 movie- Dev D.
- He got recognition as an actor in the 2010 Aamir Khan Productions’- Peepli Live in which his role was of a journalist.
- In 2012, after playing the role of an Intelligence Officer in the film- Kahaani, he became a household name.
- Nawazuddin describes his role as Sonu Duggal in Ashim Ahluwalia’s- Miss Lovely as his most realistic performance so-far, which was premiered at the 2012 Cannes Film Festival.
- His role as Faizal Khan in Anurag Kashyap‘s- Gangs of Wasseypur, established him as one of the most promising actors in the Indian Film Industry.
- At the 2015 New York Indian Film Festival, he bagged the Best Actor Award for his role in the film- Haraamkhor.
- In 2015, his father died due to brain hemorrhage; he was paralyzed for a few years before passing away.
- He married Anjali at a very young age; Anjali & Nawazuddin are from the same village.
- He is a very shy person; he likes to stay quiet and away from stardom.
- In April 2017, he shared a video on his Instagram account; explaining that he is not just a Muslim, but a bit of all religion.
- He has worked with all the 3 Khans of Bollywood. (Salman Khan Bajrangi Bhaijaan, Aamir Khan Talaash & Shah Rukh Khan Raees).
- During an interview, Nawaz revealed that had he not become an actor, he would be a farmer; as he still holds his ancestral farm fields back at home in Budhana, Uttar Pradesh.
Is Nawazuddin Siddiqui Highest Paid Actor?
Nawazuddin Siddiqui May Not Be The Typical ‘hero’ In Bollywood But When It Comes To Money, He Feels He In Presently The Highest Paid In Terms Of Acting. Bollywood Actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui Says He Feels He Is Presently The Highest Paid Actor In Bollywood In Terms Of Acting.
Can Nawazuddin Siddiqui Speak English?
Nawazuddin Siddiqui: The Versatile Actor Nawazuddin Siddique Also Cannot Speak English. His Acting Skills Made The Famous Celeb He Is Today. This Actor Prefers To Speak In Hindi And Belongs To A Poor Family. He Knows English But Cannot Speak Fluently.
How Much Is Nawazuddin Siddiqui Net Worth?
Nawazuddin Siddiqui Is An Indian Actor Who Has A Net Worth Of $24 Million.
Was Nawazuddin Siddiqui A Watchman?
He Was Once A Watchman And Now A Superstar Celebrity. Siddiqui Was Noticed In The Film New York. However It Was His Role Of A Journalist In Aamir Khan Productions’ Peepli Live (2010), That First Got Him Recognition As An Actor.