Ignacio “Nacho” Monreal Eraso (born February 26, 1986) is a former Spanish professional footballer who played as a left-back or center-back. He joined Osasuna in 2005 and appeared in 144 official games over the course of five La Liga seasons.
Nacho joined Málaga in 2011 than Arsenal two years later, earning three FA Cup championships and appearing in 251 matches across all competitions. He retired in 2022 after winning the Copa del Rey with Real Sociedad in 2019-20. From 2009 until 2018, Monreal was a full international for Spain, appearing in the 2013 Confederations Cup and the 2018 World Cup.
Nacho Monreal Bio/Wiki
[table id=5455 /]
- FA Cup: 2013–14, 2014–15, 2016–17
- FA Community Shield: 2014, 2015, 2017
- EFL Cup runner-up: 2017–18
- UEFA Europa League runner-up: 2018–19
- Copa del Rey: 2019–20
- FIFA Confederations Cup runner-up: 2013
- Professional Footballers’ Association Fans’ Player of the Month: October 2017
Nacho Monreal Net Worth
The range of Nacho Monreal’s net worth or income is thought to be between 7 million euros (6.2 Million Pounds). However, his major occupation as a soccer player has brought him a significant amount of wealth.
[table id=5423 /]
Nacho Monreal FIFA 22 Stats
In FIFA 22, Nacho Monreal has an overall rating of 79 and his potential is also 79.
[table id=5405 /]
- Monreal, who was born in Pamplona, was a product of CA Osasuna’s development system and made his official debut for his hometown club in a 1-0 La Liga loss to Valencia CF on 22 October 2006.
- He ended his debut season with ten league games and two in the UEFA Champions League; following the Navarrese’s relegation to the UEFA Cup, he participated in four matches as the team advanced to the quarterfinals, where they were ousted by fellow league side Sevilla FC.
- Monreal rose to first-team prominence in 2007-08 and stayed there in future seasons, with another youth product, César Azpilicueta, becoming the unquestioned starter on the opposite defensive wing.
- Monreal signed a five-year contract with Málaga CF on June 10, 2011, for a cost of €6 million.
- In his debut season, he competed with Eliseu for the first-team position but ended up missing only seven games as the club finished fourth and qualified for the Champions League for the first time.
- Monreal scored his sole goal for the Andalusians in a 3-2 away win over RCD Mallorca on January 27, 2013.
- Monreal signed a long-term contract with English club Arsenal on 31 January 2013 for an unknown amount, estimated by Sky Sports to be approximately £8.5 million.
- He was assigned the number 17 shirt and made his Premier League debut two days later against Stoke City in a 1-0 home win.
- Monreal made the assist for countryman Santi Cazorla to score the game-winning goal in a 2-1 win over Aston Villa on February 23, 2013.
- On March 16, he scored his first goal for Arsenal in a 2-0 win over Swansea City.
- Monreal returned from injury to play the final three minutes of Arsenal’s 3-0 triumph over Fenerbahçe SK in the Champions League group stage play-off on August 21, 2013.
- Monreal returned to Spain on August 31, 2019, signing a two-year contract with Real Sociedad.
- Two weeks later, he scored on his competitive debut, completing an easy tap-in at the hour mark of a 2-0 win over Atlético Madrid at Anoeta Stadium.
- Due to a knee injury, Monreal will miss the whole 2021-22 season.
- The club confirmed his resignation on May 23, 2022.
- Monreal announced his retirement on August 16, 2022, at the age of 36.
- Monreal made his debut appearance for Spain’s under-21 squad in 2007.
- He started every game in their group stage exit from the 2009 UEFA European Championship.
- Monreal was called up to the senior team for the first time on August 6, 2009, for an exhibition game against Macedonia.
- He played the final 15 minutes of a 3-2 away win for Joan Capdevila on September 7, 2010, in the nation’s second game after winning the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa, he played the whole 1-4 friendly loss to Argentina.
- Monreal was a member of Spain’s squad that reached the FIFA Confederations Cup final in Brazil in 2013, however, he was the second-choice left-back behind FC Barcelona’s Jordi Alba.
He is currently 37 years old (as of 2023).
He is 179 cm tall.
He plays as a defender.
After his transfer to Real Sociedad, his net worth is 7 million euros (6.2 Million Pounds) (as of 2023).